Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Matrix Misfits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Shockwave_IIc
Well i believe mine is the lowest so i'll do it, along with the ic. But thats later work for me, be back in about 11 hrs

[EDIT] should really read the IC thread first. oh well
Lindt
From here on out, Ed has every program (cept the suite and the links (laser, radio ect)) running and at hand. As much as I enjoy writing up iconigraphy actions, Im not doing it for EVERYTHING that Ill need to run. Just the pertient ones. There is a reason I have 3k MP of memory on that thing.
Dashifen
Grey: forgot the technoshaman part -- my TN was 9 not 10 as a result and therefore, I had 3 successes and not 1 for me. Also, if I'm in the red host and Mjolnir stays on the green, can I still issue a command to him? I editted the IC post for future reference
Grey
Good question... I'm not sure exactly. I'll say yes though, it is a Daemon and they are supposed to be super-cool and whatnot.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but you only need one success to pull off whatever you are trying to do, right? I got confused by Shockwave's post, it looks like he said that he didn't make it into the Red, even though he got a success.
Dashifen
you need a success, but the host rolls its security value against your deception factor. If the system scores more successes than you do, then you don't get to do squat.
Grey
Got it. Well, everyone is in so far. wink.gif
Raiko
Sorry about the lack of posts, I've been incredibly busy at work this week, things should get back to normal now (and fortunately I'm not this busy very often).
Shockwave_IIc
Erm Gray, i made a boo boo embarrassed.gif I really thought i had Lock on, just found out that i don't. Not good considering from the start i was on IC Suppression.

So......
Being as there the same multiplier can i swap My Erosion for Lock on??
Please.

newbie.gif

Sorry.. embarrassed.gif

@Lindt
Sorry i wasn't being rude, i leave my Pc on so my house mates can use it while i'm at work.
Lindt
Ah, no problem. And I like that idea of using the spoiler tag. Keeps things cleaner to read.
Grey
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
Erm Gray, i made a boo boo embarrassed.gif I really thought i had Lock on, just found out that i don't. Not good considering from the start i was on IC Suppression.

So......
Being as there the same multiplier can i swap My Erosion for Lock on??

Yes, but only because you haven't used Erosion yet.
Dashifen
Da Vinci room, huh? From the sounds, it seems more like the Dante room smile.gif
Grey
Dash: You needed to make a Access Host test to get into the room, but its my fault for not mentioning it before. I went ahead and rolled for you and you got on without any problems.

Raiko and Shockwave, when you get done with combat, you'll need to make the same test to enter the room.
Grey
Lindt: While you can't move, you may still talk, though it is an effort from all the pain of the headache.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Grey)
Dash: You needed to make a Access Host test to get into the room, but its my fault for not mentioning it before. I went ahead and rolled for you and you got on without any problems.

I was wondering if that was going to be the case, but I figured I'd just post and let you sort it out smile.gif
Lindt
to an otaku/decker, nothing. Penetrating is for armored ice. Nasty stuff...
Dashifen
Gotcha.

Grey: what two dice did I forget? Not that I'm complaining, but this is my first time playing a matrix character (rather than running against one) and I want to make sure that I'm understanding most of what I'm doing smile.gif

If Thor gets anything out of the painting he might hang around -- if not, he's going to be heading out of this node and back into the hallway to check on the other two.
Grey
You only rolled 8 dice + 3 for the hacking pool. You have Decking of 10. On the second roll you rolled 10, but on the first you only did 8.
Dashifen
Ah -- I thought you rolled your evasion rating for maneuvers not decking. Stoopid rules.
Grey
Oh. Umm... Maybe I was wrong. Either way, you would have don't just as good. You creamed him on the possitioning check.
Lindt
As a general note, you roll your computer skill for just about everything, and everything else modifies it. I think...
Shockwave_IIc
It's Evasion for Manouvers, hence why im roll 8 dice instead of 9 wink.gif
Grey
Yeah, I'm gunna need you guys to double check me sometimes. I'm good with ideas (at least I think I am wink.gif ), but sometimes I mess up on the rules for Matrix. Matrix and Rigging are the two things I am a bit scetchy on.
Shockwave_IIc
Hey don't fret, the reason why i'm able to answer most is cos my books are on the shelf just under my keyboard wink.gif
Lindt
Heh, I dragged my copy of the Matrix with me to work today... and I feel justified in using my E-copy of the BBB, seeing as I own 2 hardcopys =)
Shockwave_IIc
In that case i'll let you off nyahnyah.gif
Raiko
@Grey

Once again I appologise for my lack of posts, this is the busiest I've ever been at work, hopefully things will calm down soon.

Do I still need to make an access test? I'm wading through the IC posts that I've missed.
Grey
I've been rolling for you, I figured you were too busy. Just try to get back to us asap, but in the mean time I'll take care of rolling for you, but I won't talk for you. If you ever have something to say, make a quick post for it and leave the rolling to me.
Raiko
Thanks.

Again I'm really sorry, I love this run I just haven't had chance to post.
Shockwave_IIc
Lindt You posted this
"Someone play taps, dats all she wrote.

Just wanting to make sure i read that right, before i post. Cos it means nothing to me, nil sense.
Grey
Its an American thing, just ignore it, cause thats not all she wrote. (Thats all she wrote = the end of something)

At this point, your mission is done, but you may want to check for more paydata, its up to you.
Shockwave_IIc
There for a second i thought my country invented the language wink.gif

Grey
Everyone gets 6 karma for the run. Good job guys. I'm going to be very busy over the next few days, so I may not be able to post a lot. I'll try to throw a bone your way though.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
There for a second i thought my country invented the language wink.gif

Yeah, but we invented more slang smile.gif
Grey
Ok, I'm back. Ready when you are.
Grey
Lindt: To clean the file of the worm, you'll need to roll Computer with a TN12 minus your Purge utility.
Lindt
I know =p I just havent gotten there yet. Purge 4 would make it a TN of 8, which with 16 dice I damm well had better be able to hit.
Raiko
Hi I'm back, life should be back to normal now.

Don't bother with karma for Karl, he didn't do much anyway.
I'm looking forward to participating from now on.
Grey
I need a Programming check from everyone (no hacking pool) if you want to try to figure out the source code.
Dashifen
Programming (TN ??): 09 08 04 03 03 02 02 02 01 01

Rick probably wouldn't be too interested, yet. He'll let the others have a crack it it before he takes a peak.

On a side note: If we spend more time with the code does it lower our target numbre? Once everyone else has had their shots on it, Rick would be willing to spend days trying to get into the code if it'll help his chances smile.gif
Lindt
WooT Programming!
09 03 03 17 01 02 08 11 02
And if Rick isnt interested Ed is about ready to get it drunk and have his way with it.
*edit* oh wait, I should add my task pool to this shouldent I? 03 blarg...
Dashifen
It's not so much that he's not yet interested, it's that he's willing to let the others try first if they want to.
Raiko
Karl's programming roll
10 05 05 04 04 03 02 01 01

Shockwave_IIc
Ditto here, Mo's likly as good (or just less) then the rest of you, but it's not so much her "thing"
Raiko
Well figuring out what data means is Karl's main thing, so I rolled. smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Whoa grey, talk about a fast forward......

Not that Mo's was likly to do anything that constructive....
Grey
I was just about to post that if you or Dash had anything you wanted to do with the time, let me know. There was just a delay cause stuff came up at work. smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Mildly amusing this, In the matrix were full of confidence, take on all comers, real world...... Can we hired body armour and a riot van?

strange nothing more.. but the right sort of strangness.....
Dashifen
Rick can hold his own on the streets -- he's a world traveller after all smile.gif
Grey
Yeah, I kinda like how the gods turned into clauds so quickly. biggrin.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Yeah, but it does fit though

Ne how i think Mo could do with being their being good with the whole talking to people thing.

Side note: time of day please grey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012