Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Matrix Misfits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Grey
<OOC thread for Matrix Misfits>

Keep character creation questions in the "I've got an idea..." thread. This will be the OOC thread for things involving the game itself.
Grey
Kurukami: Watch your IC posts and make sure you disable signatures in them. If you forget to do it and post, you can always edit the post and remove the sig that way. This actually goes for everyone, but you were the first to do it, so I get to pick on you.
Kurukami
biggrin.gif Got it. Thanks for the catch, Grey.
Shockwave_IIc
Just a question? how do people do/ would like me to do languages other than english?
Ol' Scratch
I'd prefer the standard subtitled fashion. Just type it in English (with either italics or slash marks /indicating to the reader that it's supposed to be something/ [sorta like that]), then mention that you're speaking in another language and which language it is.

But that's just me. smile.gif
Grey
Do the languages as follows:

<chinese>Whatever you want to say.</chinese>

If you want to throw in the actual chinese characters, go ahead, it looks cool, but don't expect me to look them up so I know what you said.
Shockwave_IIc
cool grey i'll do it like that. It was only "when did you get here? how have you been, how long you staying"
Ol' Scratch
I'm going to make some memory tests to see if Cosmo can recall having heard anything about the Exchange or the Mona-Lisa Project. The third test is an Intelligence check to see if he can figure out why they sterlize the needles for a lethal injection. I mean... that's pretty deep, man.

Memory Test #1: 1 4 2 5 9 10 3 10 2 2 5 1 1
Memory Test #2: 7 1 14 1 3 23 5 4 1 2 5 2 3
Intelligence Test: 1 4 5 5 8 5 4 10 8 1
Grey
He remembers seeing something about the Exchange on Shadownet. Its some sort of organization that people get involved in, but don't have a clue who runs it or anything. They just know that if they do things for the Exchange, other people in the Exchange do things for them in return.

Never heard of The Mona Lisa Project.

Wow man.... seriously.... silly.gif
Tanka
Don't mean to barge in, but I have to say I love your character here, Doc. love.gif
Ol' Scratch
biggrin.gif Thanks. I'm having fun with him.
Elfie
I dunno if I'm RP'ing it right or not, I think I came across as too young in my first post. In my backstory I tried to make my character 15-16ish. I probably came across as 12ish in that first post. Bah, still getting used to board RP'ing nyahnyah.gif
Ol' Scratch
You're doing great. biggrin.gif Just have fun!
Shockwave_IIc
@ Grey i started naming some of the tribe, hope your not minding. I can always edit it at a later point if your wanting.

@Hey Elfie, don't worry Mo is being somewhat older then she actually is anyhow.
Grey
Feel free to make up names, there are like 16 of them and they won't be major players in the game (as far as I can see anyway).
Kurukami
Hmmm... I thought memory tests were based off on Intelligence? I was thinking of trying some of those myself to see if I could recall anything about the Mona Lisa Project in particular, or the Exchange in general.

Additionally, I've got knowledge on "Megacorp Research", specialized in "Wuxing Projects", if that helps any...
Ol' Scratch
They are... Mnemonic Enhancers just supply extra dice for memory tests.
Grey
what you guys already know about the Exchange is about all you'll get without more research. The Mona Lisa Project isn't something any of you would have heard of.
Ol' Scratch
Side Note: If Kuru starts tinkering with the P-Sec before Cosmo gets a chance to see how the Exchange works, he's going to go all Kung Fu on that Chinese wench's ass. biggrin.gif (Just kidding.) smile.gif (Well, just a little.) biggrin.gif
Kurukami
Bring it, Tai Chi Boy. biggrin.gif

She's not going to crack the case or anything like that. She just wants to see whether/by what means it's listening in; i.e, is it preprogrammed with responses, is there someone on the other end of the line, or something else. OK, Electronics with all the various Task Pool stuff and whatnot added in yields -- ick -- 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1. Bleaaahh...
Grey
You can see that it has a video camera and sound recorder on it, but not much else than that, but those are features on most p-secs.
Dashifen
If I go checkout Hosts-R-Us on the public side, is there any actual rolling that needs to be done? I don't know if I can just type in www.hostsrus.com (the 2060 equivalent thereof) and read about their services, privacy policy, limitations, etc.
Grey
Roll an info gathering test.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Grey)
Roll an info gathering test.

/me blushes. I never read that chapter before!

So making a Computer (Search Operations) test I roll: 7, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2.

I'm going to run a standard search specifically on the Hosts-R-Us system. However, I'll pull up short, for now, of accessing anything that would require a decking roll. I'm going to have Mjolnir (my Daemon) help out (for the -1 that it can give me to the target number). What I'm hoping for is to hit the 3 successes point for the "data I want plus a lead" option so that I can move forward. So 3 successes toward the information and then the rest to shorten the time. Judging by the modifiers in the book (-1 for a damon of rating 9, -1 for browse channel of 7, -1 for matrix initiative of 4d6) I'm hoping for a TN of 2!!! biggrin.gif
Grey
(I'll get back to you in an hour or two Dash)

Everyone. Please do me a favor and email me a copy of your character sheets. All I want are the stats this time, something for me to keep track of things on my local computer. If you have the stats in html, don't give me a url for it, just zip the files up and email them that way. Even if you think I have a copy of your sheet, send it anyways, cause I want to make sure I have a copy of the finalized sheets.
Ol' Scratch
Do I need to roll anything to establish those Commlinks?
Grey
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Do I need to roll anything to establish those Commlinks?

Naw, I'm not gunna make you guys roll for every little thing.
Grey
If anyone else wants to do some Info Search checks, do them now, that way I can see what you are all able to gather together.
Ol' Scratch
Well all right, I'll do one for information on the Exchange (just to see what comes up and to verify poor Cosmo's memory on the subject), the Mona-Lisa Project, and then peeking around Hosts-R-Us. The first two are taking place on Shadowland. I'll be using my Task Pool for the searches, as well as Info Sortilage as complimentary dice.

Search #1: 3 4 2 1 1 5 4 4 1 10 3 2 11
Search #2: 3 1 9 3 4 3 3 1 10 10 11 2 1
Search #3: 4 21 4 4 4 5 1 1 4 2 2 2 5

Info Sortilage #1: 2 2 10 4 5 2 5 8 10
Info Sortilage #2: 4 3 1 7 1 3 4 4 2
Info Sortilage #3: 1 3 4 2 3 3 5 3 4

Modifiers: Using an Agent 10 with a Browse 6 utility as an assistant (-5 TN), using an appopriate contact for the first two (-2 TN), Matrix Etiquette 6 (-1 TN), Browse 10 (-1 TN), initiative greater than +4D6 (-1 TN), conducting multiple searchs simultaneously (Exchange and Mona Lisa) (+2 TN). If any of them fall within the domain of one of my Knowledge Skills (Corporate Research being the only one that might apply) add another -1 TN.

If Task Pool doesn't apply, just scratch the last three numbers of the Search Tests.

(Holy crap.)
Grey
I'm gunna give everyone a chance to make some posts before I start giving results from the rolls. Plus, I only had 3 hours sleep last night, so I'm not really up for lots of ... thinking.

Yeah, doing a midnight show of Return of the King, being out till 4:30am, then getting up at 8am isn't the best way to start a work day.
Ol' Scratch
Quit your bitchin', wuss. biggrin.gif
Kurukami
Yeah. Those of us who had to be up at 6 in order to be in at work come 7:45 are envious of your having seen it already... nyahnyah.gif
Dashifen
Grey -- what's you email? A quick scan of the other thread and I couldn't find it. I know it's there, though ... I'm blind I guess.
Grey
metis76(at)yahoo.com
Grey
The Exchange
You find out that it is a loose formed group of poeple who reseive a p-sec from an unknown benefactor. They get the p-sec and it asks them to do jobs in return for "karmic rewards". These rewards can range from credsticks or equipment showing up in your mail, to other people in the Exchange doing favors for you. <bonus info> It seems that most of the activity revolves around Seattle, though there are occurances of it all over the world. Also, it seems that lately, there has been more activity on the Exchange.

Host-R-Us
There isn't much to know here, though you do manage to find out what kind of hosts they run. Their front host is Green 9 - 14/14/14/14/12, while the secured host is Red 9 - 15/15/11/15/14

The Mona Lisa Project
All you are able to find out about it, is that a few people caught rumors about it and they think it has to do with some huge SK project.
Shockwave_IIc
Ok sorry folks, 2-3 days of hard moving and work means this is the first time i could post, Still lacking my cable connection so i'll be using IT centres and liberays and such. Oh also had a breif scare when my PC blue screened me, got lucky no files lost.

Gonna check IC thread and post up to date.

@ Grey Can you do the dice rolls if needed, cos i don't have my dice with me nor my character. Name might of been changed due to poor memory on my behalf.

Thinking cos Mo has no off line storage that either
1, She might have an account with hosts'r us.
2, She should get one, and might use that angle to check out the company.
Dashifen
Was your post the results of my info search, grey?
-- Dash --
Grey
Shockwave - If you want to setup an account, or even hack yourself a free one, we'll work that out in role play and if you still don't have your character, I'll roll dice for you.

Dash - It was the results of everyone who rolls, which ended up being you and Doc Funk.
Dashifen
How long did it take us?
Grey
I'm going to assume that everyone chipped in to speed it up.

But, before I answer that, I'd also like to see some Etiquette (Matrix) tests from everyone, cause that may make it go after too.
Dashifen
Ettiquite Matrix: 8, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2
Ol' Scratch
I apologize for not posting today. Things have been really hectic and I haven't been able to get on for more than a few minutes at a time. Probably won't be able to do any major posts until after Christmas. But in the meantime, here's my Etiquette roll...

Etiquette (Matrix) (-2 TN): 5 1 1 7 3 11
Grey
Yeah, I've been crazy busy myself, so don't think that I'm going to drop the ball on this game when it gets slow. Once the holidays are over, I'm sure everything will pick up again.
Dashifen
I posted this in my game, too, so you'll get the message twice, Grey, but I'm not around from the 26th to the 4th of January. I'll check in to both games (mine and yours) if I get the chance but I'll be on autopilot in this game if necessary.
Shockwave_IIc
Ok just so you know, I am still around, though still no sight of my own connection coming back, Been working alot over chirstmas (Damn you compulsive gamblers biggrin.gif )

Though it also looks like the rest of you have been busy over the chisrtmas period.

[EDIT] Still no dice in the IT centre, so grey can you roll please. Tank youse[/EDIT]
Dashifen
For what it's worth, I'm back and ready to go.
-- Dash --
Grey
Cool, I've been letting things slide while waiting for everyone to get back from their holidays.

It looks like Doc Funk has left the forums for good (at least, thats what I've been told), so his character is out for now. Just assume that it was someone else who found the pocket secritary. Dash, since you are the first to post, go ahead and have it be you.
Grey
Any word from Shockwave_IIc? I'd like to resolve the thing he has started at Hosts-R-Us.

Everyone else, feel free to start making IC posts again, just assume that Shockwave is busy checking things in the matrix while you guys to other stuff.
Kurukami
I'm still in, though I was out of it for a good week at least with a bad case of the flu and the usual holiday shtuff. Even better, I finally managed to hammer my way through BeCKS, so I'll have all the details of my character to you shortly, Grey.
Grey
Ok, I want to get this game back up and running. Who is still playing? I'm going to give people a few days to speak up and if I don't hear anything by then, then I'll consider you out. I have a few people who want to join up, so speak now or loose your spot to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012