Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
Buddha72
Bakatare

As you step back into your place, you feel the reassuring weight of the wards settle around you. LA for 3k, never again. As you move deeper into your home you see a small trio of candles lit in the living room. Nestled in the center is a small origami fox.

Moira

You sit backstage, wiping the make up off at a small mirror. The audience was thin but attentive. There's a polite knock at the "dressing room" door, really a small storage closet set aside for you. The door cracks and Wulf's familiar face peers around the edge.

"Flawless as usual love, but while you were performing someone was looking for you. Some NAN fellow, very tribal. Even had one of those feather hats you see in the old country western trids."

You moves in behind and places a small pouch on the table by you.

"He said you worked together, told me to tell you his name was Wind. You both helped a man named James find his home again. He went on saying that the spirits had called to him but something here needed doing so he comes to you looking for help. Gave me that leather pouch, he said you would know what to do. I checked it for any nasties and it's clean. "

He places a tender and chaste kiss on your head and lets himself back out, closing the door behind him.

Paladin

Your phone rings, it's the line for Leo. The smell of incense hangs heavy in the air, he always calls at the right times. Must be something they teach at Fixer school. You exchange the usual pleasantries.

"Listen I need to ask you for a favor. There's a guy in Everett that needs to put together a team and he's asked me for some talent. He asked for you and his assistant Mr. stefan said you would have a friend to bring as well. I won't lie to you here, if i can help Mr. C out my fortunes will take a definite swing up. This guy has connections I could use and helping him means I get an in later. He's paying 5k to just hear his offer. I know your particular tastes and this guy is pro-meta and magic. He has a squeaky clean rep. He takes pains to keep everyone happy and out of his business. Interested?"

Murrey

You find a voice mail waiting for you from Jack Blade.

"Hey Murrey, I have someone looking for a "driver" for a team being thrown together. He works out of a club up in Everett. He's paying 5k for your time, just to hear the offer. Call me if you're interested or have any questions."

Elsewhere

An office richly appointed. The furniture is real wood and hand crafted. The room is awash in warm diffuse light. A gentleman sits behind a desk. His face is warm and open. His clothing straight from the run-ways this year. His hair is shoulder length and pulled back in a pony tail down his back. It's a rich auburn and his eyes a soft green. His skin some Mediterranean blend of olive tones. He is handwriting a letter on real paper. He finishes it and folds it in precise thirds. He seals it with wax and impresses a ring on his right hand into the cooling mass.

A gentle knock at the door.

"Entrez-vous" His voice is firm and has the feel of someone accustomed to being heard.

The door opens and a slim man, in another tres-chic suit enters. He takes a stance on the other side of desk. His hair is short and a honey blond. His skin tan and firm with youth. His hands take a natural shape, clasped at the base of his back. He stands still and relaxed.

"Has everything been arranged Stefan?"

The young mans nods. "Yes, I am just waiting to hear back. I have spoken to the young woman, Iblis, and she seems satisfied with the pace you've set. She should have the rest of the information you need within the hour."

"Good, I have every intention of helping her and her matron. See this is delivered."

Stefan moves forward and takes the letter, departing silently.
Nikoli
After washing up and changing into some street clothes and his SecureTek Jacket, Murrey takes a walk to a bar a few blocks away, dialing up Jacks LTG.
"Hoi chummer, I'm interested. Must send knee the details in the usual jammer and I'll be there."

With that Murrey walks back to the house, taking a different route.
Blitz
:: A smile breaks the usually detached lines of Moira's face. She nods at the package and pretends to busy herself with cleaning up herself after her performance. Once she is alone again, she turns her attention to the leather wrapped parcel and gently opens it to reveal the contents. ::
Grey
Paladin doesn't answer right away, partly to make Leo know he thinks things through before acting, and partly just to make the guy sweat. He knows that Leo wouldn't come to him if it was something that didn't fall within the limits that Paladin sets on runs he undertakes. The Johnson must have some contacts down here if he knows about my friendship with Immortal...

"Ok. I'll go, but as usual I can't promise anything until I've heard from the Johnson what blood will be on my hands. Give me the contact info and I'll get in touch with Imm... my friend. I'll give you a call after the meet and let you know how things went."
Fenris
His eyes unfocus and sweep across the room, the familiar haze of astral space settling over his vision as he searches for residue of whatever forced past his wards.

"Not broken, either mundane or masking...."

A brief flick of his fingers brings the item floating over to gloved fingers, assuring it's no heavier then the paper it appears to be and that it's not sitting on top of something potentially dangerous. A smile spreads over his lips at rememberance of another fox, poking her head out of an armored backpack while they ascended an elevator.

He unfolds it carefully and reads, eyes focusing in again as the Astral Plane seperates itself from his vision and fading away.
Buddha72
Murrey

Jack answers. "It's out in Everett, some joint called Extassis. They are hosting this get together at 8 pm tomorrow night. If it isn't a problem I'd like to hear your take on the place. I don't know much about Mr. C and his operation. Thanks."

Paladin

The relief in his voice washes over you. "Thanks, I really appreciate this. He owns a club called Extassis out in Everett. It's pretty swanky, a lot of money flows through it. The meet is tomorrow night at 8 pm. Good luck." The phone goes quiet.

Moira

As you untie the laces on the flap you feel the fragile strands of mana brush against your skin. You smell open sky, feel the rain slide along your face and hear the wind rush by you. Probably a ward set to you, since you've worked with Wind before. Inside you find a small card with the name Extassis on it. On the back side is an address and a time tomorrow night at 8 pm. The address in somewhere out in Everett.

Bakatare

As you shift into the astral you see a small arctic fox perched near the candles. It makes eye contact with you and then fades deeper into the astral. You see the faint shimmer of a portal, often used to reach the metaplanes. You can clearly see a delicate lattice of mana around the origami fox. Onna's signature is unmistakeable. As you touch it the mana flairs to life and a small image of Onna forms before you. She is dressed in a kimono, kneeling in her home. The tatami matts and rice paper walls are evident.

"Bakatare-chan, please forgive my intrusion of your home. I am unworthy to be called your friend. I ask that you forgive me and give me the opportunity to make amends in the future. It was need that drove me to this desperate act. A man of some influence has asked for my assistance in a delicate matter. I owe this man a debt that must be repaid. I must beg you to act in my name and allow me to repay you for your sacrifice on my behalf. I am currently attending to another matter that I must see through to it's conclusion. I ask for your help and place myself at your mercy." At the end, she presses her face to ground as the image fades away.

As you unfold the paper you find the address for a club Extassis out in Everett. The date is for tomorrow at 8 pm. Once again, you are amazed at her brush work.
Grey
A quick moment after Leo gets off the line, Paladin sends a call out to Immortal.
Blitz
:: Moira's eyes close as she imagines the expansive vista's and open plains that the ward invokes. Sighing whistfully as it fades, she lifts the card up, reads it, and then slips it into a hidden corner of her stage costume. ::

:: Heading upstairs to her quiet apartment, she undresses and hangs the Venetian gown up in her closet. It's not the real thing, with just enough alterations to look like a stylish fake or a custom design. She smiles to herself thinking of the plain blue armored jumpsuit it had once been. Slipping into comfortable real cotton pajamas, she spends an hour in meditation on the roof of her apartment under the pale half moon before bedding down for the night. ::

:: During the next day, she spends time help Wulf balance the books and clean up the club before retiring early to her room at around 7pm to begin the preperations for the upcoming evening. ::

:: She starts by searching her wardrobe for her finest clothing, a gown by Fino Vensuea in a deep blue with a silver shimmer to the delicate fabric. It cost her most of her last run's rewards, but it was worth every penny. She had heard of the exclusive club, and she assumed that she would have time to change into something a bit more functional if the need arose. ::

:: She carefully steps into her second skin body suit and then shimmies into the elegant dress. The cut of the dress is just daring enough to catch the eye without seeming obscene with plunging backline, romantic flowing sleeves and a dangerous slit that seems to go all the way to her hip. ::

:: Having no need for weapons, she simply packs a small sachel with her armored clothes and FormFit body armor and slings it over her shoulder as she dons her long coat, buttoning it up to hide and protect the designer gown. Sizing herself up in the mirror, she realizes the standard SecureTec jacket cheapens her look so drastically, that she takes a moment to concentrate and the jacket transforms around her into a full length white mink coat. Smiling at the final image in the mirror, she takes one last look over her tiny livingroom to ensure she's not forgetting anything. She leaves and weaves her way through the dark club, stopping only long enough to let Wulf knows she's heading out before slipping out into the night. ::
Digital Heroin
When Immortal answers the vidcall he's in the process of cleaning his weapons. His Ares Alpha lays field stripped on the table before him, the parts laid out in a suprisingly military fashion. He's got the bolt in hand, and a wire brush, cleaning off excess carbon. He's got a cigarillo clenched between his teeth, and a bit of a scowl on his face; not being one to like interruptions to his daily rituals.

`It's yer dime.`

The scowl fades though, when he looks up and spots Paladin. Not that he's smiling, but he nods an almost respectful nod. Kudos in his book.

`Paladin, what's up?`
Nikoli
Changing the paint to Gun metal grey and the appropriate plate and transponder code, Murrey takes the Toyota down to the Stuffer shack for a wash n fill up. While the car is feuling, making a call to Bili:
"Hoi Bili girl, I gotta hair here that is interested in some club I don't think I've furred of before. Called ecstasy, or Extastic, what, that's it, it's Extasis. Ever hear of it?"

Grey
"Hey Chummer. I just got offered a gig and was told to bring along a friend and wanted to know if you are interested. From what Leo told me, it looks to be on the up and up. The Johnson checks out good by Leo, or you know he wouldn't have bothered calling me. Anyway, there is a meet tomorrow night at 8 and you get 5 grand just for showing up. Its at some place called Extassis. You ever heard of it? If you want ta check it out with me, just swing by my place around 6 and we'll head over."
Fenris
A smile creeps across his lips as he recognizes Onna's signature.

As the message played, he nodded thoughtfully to himself. There was no question about helping her, she'd saved his life more times then honor would let him remember. Besides, it's not like he might die yet...he had eight more steps to the dragon.

The next day was filled with the stuff that occupied most of his downtime between runs...researching through the sorcerous library he'd compiled, looking for ways to form the spells he needed. He enjoyed the convenience of technology, having the text scroll past his eyes on the inside of the mirrored shades was much more efficient then sifting through books, and the pocket secretary could handle basic data searches to speed things along.

6:30 found him showered, and sliding on the form fit. It was excellent protection, and didn't mar the straight lines of the Actioneer suit at all. The slight bulge of the collapsed staff tucked into his back barely showed under the Long Coat, and long sections of gold circuitry worked into the material distracted the eye from the small discrepancies the foci caused. He concentrated on the small pouch decorated with a bears claw around his neck, tweaking the mana flows into the patterns necessary to form his own custom spell, and let out a deep breath as the world seemed to slow before his eyes.

He arrived at the club about 30 minutes before the meet, eyes unfocusing slightly as he glanced around, checking for wards and the like. A quick moment to mask his own prescence and the foci maintaining his spell, and he stepped up, curious to know what had driven Onna to ask such a direct and substantial favor.
Buddha72
Murrey

"Well, well moving up in the world are we?" Her playful tone carries through the tinny speaker. "It a club for the discreet. You go there to relax and leave everything behind. The owner is some Euro trash named Carvaggio but he doesn't do any face time for the club. That falls to his right hand man Stefan. I've heard it's the land of Ken and Barbies, ugly need not apply. Anything else you need to know specifically?"

Digital Heroin
`Five kay, to show at a breeding pit?`

Generous Johnsons gave him a sore feeling in the pit of his stomach. Still, Lo Ken's been pressuring him for this month's payment, and some of the other Triads are eyeing his alley. He stops cleaning the bolt a moment.

`It's worth a look. I've been meaning to dust off my clubwear anyway.`

By clubwear of course he meant his old beat up leather jacket. He didn't club often.
Grey
"Great, see ya tomorrow."

Paladin clears the line and goes through a series of kata to clear his head. Once that is over, he heads out through the main Underground and asks around about the club.
Digital Heroin
When the line's clear, Immortal goes back to his routine. In military fashion he strips and cleans all of his weapons. Once they're all done, he stows them, and puts in a call to Marcus. If anyone's going to know about the club, it'll be the Fixer. Sure, they'd only known eachother a few months, but he trusted that at least the man would be thorough in his research. Not something to bank one's life on, but usually a club isn't too hostile an environment.

After leaving a message, as was normal when he called Marcus, Immortal catches some sleep. In the dead of the night, he wakes to head down to the Stuffer Shack down the road, and grab himself an after diner meal. The downfall to being jacked up to superhuman levels was a vocarious appetite. Nothing is free; especially lunch.

When he returns he grabs another, longer sleep, and he awakes to a working day. Around noon he leaves the RV behind, proximity alarms and shock active. He makes a stop by Lo Ken's to inform him that he's securing his next payment, then he heads on down to the gun show. A few hours checking out the various vendors, a couple hunting stories shared with Jimmy V, and he's off again. He stops by for a few rounds with Hammish before heading home again to decompress and prepare for the run.

He doesn't bother with a shower, or to shave. Clubs are dirty places anyway, just a different kind of dirty. He does pull on a relativly new pair of jeans, a clean shirt, and his leather jacket, however. Under the leather jacket he holsters his Savalette Guardian, and he takes a once over in the mirror before heading to Paladin's. The walk doesn't take entirely too long, and hell, it's good for the soul.
Buddha72
Immortal

Marcus rings you back and leaves a message.

"Well, I know a few others of my ilk work out of there. There's Stefan, Mr. C's assistant, he seems to do a few runs every few months. A new fellow called Fix has started working out of there. Word on the street, as they say, is that Mr. C is grooming him to take over dealings with runners and the like. None of the runs seem to have any pattern to them. I don't know of any runs that went sour from them. Let me know what you find out."

Paladin

As you move through the Underground, asking a quiet question here and there, you soon find out a little.

There was a Changling moving around asking about the same place a few days ago. She had short white fur and bright magenta hair. She seemed pretty shaken up. Some orc ganger tried to hassle her and quick as that she had 2 mean looking pistols, one up each nostril, out. Her name was Iblis. She looked pretty messed up, like someone had worked her over with a metal pipe.

Some people have heard of a Mr. Stefan, he has some connections down here. Money has been given to the community but to exactly what is not clear. The club does hire metas as long as they're easy on the eyes and can carry on a decent conversation.
Nikoli
"That's enough poor now, I affreciate it."
Disconnecting, paying for the gas and driving back to the house.
Once home, going over the map of the area between the club, the house and good switchbacks heading to the safe house. Selecting five different routes and storing them in the autonav computer and storing choke-points for spotting tails along each route in the orientation system. Murrey verifies the drones are prepped and loaded in the van. He then does a security sweep of the car and van, checking for trackers, bugs and unsightly road dirt.
Following the security measures, Murrey plugs the computer into the creche int he van for memory and places an optical chip in its disk drive for added storage, same with the remote deck in the Toyota.
The next day, Murrey sets the van to record, dresses in his fine suit, replete with driving gloves and Fedora, packing the remote deck into its creche and putting the scanner on the driver side door space. Murrey drives to the club an hour early, begins passive scans of the area, recording to the decks internal storage. Once that is set, Murrey steps out of the car, arms the alarm and goes inside to wait.

*note: no armaments, armor or equipment, just a 1K certified credstick*
Buddha72
Murrey

You find several spots along each route that will serve as choke points, no problem. You've done this so much, it's like breathing now. The club is located in a wharehouse district in Everett so there are plenty of options in coming and going.

As you sweep over the van your sensors pick up an anomalous reading. It comes across as a fuzzy area in the scan. It seems to be somewhere near the front right tire. As you crawl out and take a look under you find a small recording device. At first it's hard to see but with the sensor info you can localize it. It's been covered in some sort of color-changing polymer. It has a small power cell attached to it. It was positioned to get a good shot of people climbing in and out of the vehicle. It appears to be not transmitting, probably AOD.
Nikoli
Murrey immediately takes it to the electronics shop upstairs and proceed to crack it open carefully. He's looking for the activate signal. Once he has that or have determined that he will not be able to ascertain it, he seals the cover back on and places the bug inside a foil bag from soy chips or some-such and takes it using mass transit to a commuter lot. Taking the tracker out of the bag and placing it under the bumper of a random car and continue moving along, taking mass transit home.
Once there, if he has the activation signal, he sets that as one of the presets in the scanner. Regardless, when he returns home, Murrey begin analysing sensor logs from the van, drones, and the house looking for point of intrusion.
Buddha72
Murrey

You jog back into your shop and grab a small case with the tools you'll need. You crack the case open. You can see it was designed to record visual input only. It has a small cache of memory, it looks like it would record and then transmit in bursts the data it has collected. It appears to have nothing in the memory at the moment. It looks to be a custom job, built from scratch with components. As you examine the device you find the signal frequency. You quickly commit it to memory. You reseal the case around the video transmitter. Looking around you find a soy chip bag that should muffle any signals. You reach a park and commute lot and feel pretty confident no one saw you place the bug. Back at home, pouring over the sensor log you see nothing out of the ordinary.
Buddha72
Bakatare

As you feel the shift to the astral like a physical snap, you see the area looks clear of any wards or entities. The exterior of the club looks like a rundown warehouse. The only thing that gives it away is the occasional well-dressed person or couple who enters through the door set to the side of the building. You watch several thousand nuyen walk in, in clothes alone. The area around the club is fairly deserted, the only thing of note you saw was a bar a few blocks down the road. Look to be a working class joint.

Moira
Wulf gives a warm smile and lazy wave as you head out. You recall from the last time you were at the club that Mr. Carvaggio had no problem with early arrivals. You find yourself looking forward to the meet, the memory of the drinks and food last time are still with you. The entire club seemed to be a secret whispered low and urgent. You felt alive there.

With a confident stride you move to the entrance of the building. The intercom still looks ancient and you push the call button. You hear the click as the door is released and opens slightly. You slip into the cool dark hall that leads to the coat check. You feel a low beat, tugging at your gut and calling out with hot impatience. As you walk down the hall, you marvel once again at the discreet security scanners lining the area. At the end you can see a hypnotic light show at the far end near the dance floor. You are greeted by a striking Troll dressed in a fine suit. His eyes light up with recognition at seeing you again. A pleasant thrill hums through your skin, it has been awhile since then. The service here again is perfection. He gives you a smile and motions you towards coat check. The club looks unusually busy for this early hour.
Buddha72
Murrey

As you set the sensors to sweep the area you almost immediately notice that the ware house where the club is, is a blank spot. Nothing seems to penetrate the exterior of the building. You note some light rigger traffic, probably security drones. As you step out of the Toyota Elite and set the security systems, you're struck with the desolation of the area. The only thing moving is a couple sporting Corp-sheik. The woman's laughter seems to shatter the silence as they slide around the side of the building. With a shrug you head out.

As you move along the same path you see a dim pool of light in front of a single barren door. You can clearly see an antiquated looking call button set in the wall. There appears to be no visible security devices in place. You press the button and a few seconds later the door releases and opens slightly. As you step inside a wave of perfume and cool air slides over your skin. You enter a long hall, at the far end you can see lights and forms moving. As you move down the hall a Troll is slick threads greets you at the other end. "Welcome to Extassis." His tone is sincere and warm. He gives a nod and motions you towards a small enclosed booth where a captivating young woman is sitting.

As you approach her face lights up and a genuine smile stretches across her features. "Do you have anything to check?" Her voice is soft and intimate, as if it were only you and her in the entire club. She waits to collect anything for coat check. "May I see your right wrist please?" She places her open palm on the counter, facing upward. As you set your wrist in her hand, you are shocked by the heat of her skin and pleasant pressure of her grip. She attaches a small plastic wristband. "Enjoy your evening Sir."

As you turn away, you can see that two bars flank the sides of the club. Between them our a sea of tables, where people are having conversations or a bite to eat. In the back you can see the dance floor and another bar against the back wall. As the flow with the crowd you find yourself heading towards the right bar. A young Orc glides over to you. "What can I get you Sir? His voice is firm and friendly. No one hear seems to own anything other than tres-chic. He takes your drink order. You notice his eyes flick quickly to your wristband. He returns with it promptly. "My name is Saul, let me know if you need anything else." He gives a nod as he turns to take another drink order.
Nikoli
Looking over the posh setting of the bar, drinking in the nuyen being flashed. Turning to Saul,
"Yes, I would like some coffee; anyling so thong as it's fresh."

After receiving the coffee, Murrey takes in the room, looking to see if anyone is engaing in a game of chess, if so he sits nearby and watches the game progress, otherwise he sits at a table, back facing the wall, watching the bar and the crowd, sipping his coffee.
Buddha72
Bakatare

You walk towards the side of the building. In the partial lighting you see a battered call button set in the wall next to a non-descript door. You press it and a moment passes. As you stand there you begin to worry a little when nothing seems to happen. A minute goes by, then another. Finally the door releases and parts slightly from the wall. As you pass through the doorway, you feel a slight tingle as you pass through an alarm ward. At the end of the hall you can see the silhouette of a Troll dressed in finely cut suit. "Excuse me Sir, but I'm afraid there's be some sort of mix up. Are you a guest of someone here tonight?" His tone is friendly and sincere. His body does a good job of blocking the interior of the club.
Blitz
:: Moira checks her newly formed white fur with the cheerful girl at the entrance before she glides into the club proper. Her smile is subtle yet softens her face considerably as she heads towards the bar to the right to collect a glass of deep red wine, choosing a high quality elven vintage. ::

:: Glass in hand, she moves with delicate grace to an available table to watch the performers on stage as well as take in the beauty and elegance that is Club Estassis. ::
Buddha72
Murrey

Sitting at the bar you can see a trio of billiards tables between the tables and the dance floor. A small crowd has gathered around, watching the games in progress.
As you take in the game, you notice a beautiful elven woman come in wearing a brilliant white fur coat. She appears comfortable in the club as she checks her coat.

Moira

As you take in the sights and sounds of the club, a young human in his late teens stands out. His dress is out of place here. You can see the subtle distance kept between him and the other patrons. The bartender, a handsome Orc, brings your wine with speed and purpose. "Enjoy and let me know if you need anything else."

Moira & Murrey

You both feel a subtle shift in the staff. The patrons seems unaware as the staff becomes a little more alert and focused. The Troll working the door moves smoothly to block the entrance. A few more security personnel work their way towards the coat check area.
Grey
Paladin parks his ride in the parking lot and gives Immortal a grin. "Oh come on man, lighten up. It ain't every day we get to crash a fancy-shmancy party like this one."

He opens the hatch and climbs out of the ATV, then reaches back in to retreave his staff. He waits for Immortal, then the pair moves towards the nightclub...
Buddha72
Moira

You quickly shift your focus to the astral. Once again the the walls glow with strong wards. The whole area is tinged with strong emotions, making the astral hazy. You see no spirits or watchers hanging about.
Nikoli
Easily bored with pool, Murrey moves around the club, looking over the artwork and taking note of the attitude being presented by the crowd. He stands at the wall, sipping his coffee and watching the people move, picking out the trendsetters, the followers and the just plain sycophantic.
Blitz
:: With the shift in purpose of the staff, Moira also shifts and brings up her own spell defense, keeping a watchful eye on the entrance. After noticing Murray, she's relatively confident that he is here for the meet the same as she, and the heightened alert hints that yet another member is arriving. ::

:: Rising, she takes her wine with her as she approaches the young man and softly addresses him. ::

"Good eve."

:: She positions herself so that she can address him, yet keep the entrance just over his shoulder allowing her to look like her full attention is on Murray, while she keeps a sharp eye on the front door. ::
Nikoli
Surprised to find the elven woman deigning to speak with him, underdressed as he is, remains casual yet watchful of the staff.
"So far it is. I hope this evening winds you fell."
Blitz
:: Moira raises a delicate eyebrow. ::

"Winds my fell?"
Nikoli
Blushing horribly.
'Please excuse me miss, I suffer from a peach inspediment. It comes and goes."
Blitz
:: Moira smiles softly and touches his arm in sympathy. ::

"I'm sorry. It must be difficult for you."
Nikoli
"It's no eel brother, most people hear the proper words anyway. It takes a truly sharp wit to spot them."

Murrey takes a sip of his coffee, scanning the room again.

Blitz
:: Moira's eyes continue to gaze at him, with that soft subtle smile. ::

"I don't mean to be bold, but you don't exactly look the part of a regular here."
Nikoli
'Not really, I'm supposed to meet someone here. My scene usually involves waiting outside with the car talking to the other poor gents in the larking pot. Though you seem at home here; you're a touch braver than this lot, which would mark you as something of a non-regular yourself."
Blitz
:: She laughs quietly. ::

"Perceptive, aren't we. I have had the occasion to visit this place before, but it almost inevitably involves business. I suspect that you and I are meeting the same individual. That is the cause for my boldness, I figured that we might as well aquaint ourselves earlier rather than later."
Fenris
Bakatare simply arches a brow at the imposing looking figure, producing the card Onna left with the appointment time and date from a hidden pocket in the suit.
Nikoli
Muttering under almost inaudibly, "It is strange that modesty is the rule for women when what they most value in men is boldness."
At a more appropriate level, "My maim is Nurrey. You would be?"
Blitz
:: Moira extends a hand, taking his as a lady rather than the firm business-like handshake that is so commonplace these days. ::

"My pleasure to make your acquaintenance, Murray. I am called Moira."

:: Moira's eyes raise to the door, directly and makes the briefest of eye contact with Bakatare, a flash of recognition bringing her smile up a notch. She nods in his direction before taking a sip from the fine wine and bringing her attention back to Murray. ::
Buddha72
Bakatare

The Troll takes a quick look at the card. His expression goes blank for a brief moment. His face reanimates with open warmth. "I apologize for the delay in greeting you. The fault is all mine in this matter. Please enjoy your stay at Extassis." He moves aside and motions you towards the coat check. An attractive young lady greets you. "Good evening Sir. I'd be happy to hold your staff here until you leave." Her voice is soft and sincere. As you look around the club you see the haze that powerful emotions leave in the area, the club must have regular business. You catch Moira's glance from across the room. She appears to be chatting with a young man, not quite her normal type. The young woman wraps a small plastic band around your wrist.

Moira & Murrey

You can feel the tension flow from the security staff. You can see a Japanese man in his early 20s moving towards the coat check. He removes a collapsible staff from the small of his back and hand it to the woman working coat check.
Buddha72
Paladin & Immortal

The outside looks barren and unwelcoming. You can both see the only visible entrance is a unremarkable door on the left side of the structure. It stands in a small oval of light. As you walk up you can see a grimed encrusted call button. You press it and the door releases and swings inward. As you enter the hall you can hear music and feel the bass in your chest. At the other end of the hall you can see a Troll, probably security waiting for you.

"Welcome gentlemen." The Troll gives you both a respectful nod as he directs you towards the coat check. Right as you step in you can see two raised platforms light up. Long poles extend from floor to ceiling, being lit from the inside in lurid blues and greens. A long feminine form drops from the ceiling at both areas and begins to contort around the poles. Their bodies moving in time with the music. Their bodies are painted and begin to create abstract designs in the spaces between.

The woman behind the coat check smiles warmly at your approach. "Evening Sirs. May I hold your weapons for you until you leave for the evening?" She takes your weapons, if any. She gently places wristbands on each of your wrists. You each smell the delicate perfume that hovers around her. As both turn towards the rest of the club you catch sight of three other "professionals".
Grey
Paladin nods to the woman and hands over his pistol. "My staff comes with me. Its nothing that would be deadly anyway."
Buddha72
Paladin

She smiles warmly. "Certainly Sir, just so you know the management deals very harshly with any disruption to the environment here at the club. Enjoy the rest of your stay here."
Nikoli
"Moira, what a lovely name. Nat's European is it tot?"
Murrey nods to the newcomer and beckons him over.
Digital Heroin
One look at the inside of the place and he could tell he wasn't going to fit in. Not that it bother's Immortal. Everyone's in clubwear of some kind or another, and here he is a a pair of fatigue pants, a muscle shirt, jungle boots, and a leather jacket. He takes a drag off the cigarillo hanging loosely from one lip, and he looks the coat check woman over. He doesn't bother hiding the blatant assesment of her goods, and he flashes her a smile.

`You'll handle my weapons, will you.`

Which means he'll have to clean them again tonight; if only a cursory wipe-down. He shakes his head a bit. Gotta comply with the club's rules if he's gonna score that nuyen for making the meet.

`Right then.`

He pulls open the beat up leather jacket he's got on over his shirt, and pulls his Roomsweeper out. He removes the magazine from it, and cocks the action to free the already chambered round. With a practiced motion he catches the round with the hand holding the magazine just as it starts its arc to the club floor, and with one hand he replaces the round into the magazine. He pockets the magazine, and places the Roomsweeper on the counter. He then pulls up the back of the jacket, and removes his Savalette Guardian from the reverse holster in the small of his back. He repeats the clip removal, chamber clearing, and round replacement. Again he pockets the clip, and places the pistol down.

`That should do 'er.`

He takes another drag off the cigarillo, eyes the woman again, then turns to regard the club's interior. After a moment he claps a hand to Paladin's shoulder.

`How 'bout we see about gettin' a drink.`
Blitz
:: Moira, her attention once again on Murray, nods. ::

"Yes, in fact it is. Irish as a matter of fact."
Nikoli
"I thought it might be, mime stens from people just consistently thinking I looked like a Murray, but that sounds so, osadamari, so I made the subtle change to an E and it's stuck."
Murrey points towards the entrance, "Look there, I thought I was under dressed. This might not go unremembered after all."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012