Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Legends (new sourcebook announced by CGL)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Sengir
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ May 24 2011, 08:56 PM) *
I fail to see how simple longevity leads to brilliance or tactical mastery

There is of course the wisdom of old ages, but primarily I think you got the cart before the horse: Only people with foresight, the ability to adapt etc. would have made it into the 6th world. Any other immortal would have found plenty of opportunity to die from something else than age or Black Death over the millennia.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Sengir @ May 24 2011, 06:18 PM) *
There is of course the wisdom of old ages, but primarily I think you got the cart before the horse: Only people with foresight, the ability to adapt etc. would have made it into the 6th world. Any other immortal would have found plenty of opportunity to die from something else than age or Black Death over the millennia.

Soooo...
Survival of the fttest?
MJBurrage
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ May 24 2011, 04:56 PM) *
I fail to see how simple longevity leads to brilliance or tactical mastery when longevity is their primary stick, immunity to age and disease protects one better then immunity to violence would.

Immortal elves are—according to the rules—Immune to Age, Disease, Pathogens, & Poisons. That does not make them smart, carfty, or more capable in general. It does give them a better chance to to live long enough to develop survival skills.

Being born an immortal elf does not mean you will live for thousands of years and rack up enough magical power to max all the skills listed in the rules. If a young immortal elf is not crafty enough, than someone will take them out.

The immortal elves of note are those at the intersection of a Venn diagram, both unaging and crafty enough to survive. There were probably hundreds (if not thousands) of immortal elves born in the Fourth World, the dozen or so craftiest still survive. That level of survival instinct is truly beyond my imagining, and yet they have it. So I say again, that if players are able to get the drop on them than the GM just did not play them well enough.

So could a mortal fencer get good enough to win a stand-up duel against an immortal? sure. Would a shot to the head kill an immortal if it hits? sure. But the immortals have survived over 5000 years of others trying. The odds of a player in any Shadowrun game played by the rules being the one to finally get through all the planning and precautions are zero.
CanRay
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ May 24 2011, 04:36 PM) *
Immortal elves are—according to the rules—Immune to Age, Disease, Pathogens, & Poisons. That does not make them smart, carfty, or more capable in general.

It also makes it really, really difficult to get drunk. Which, when you consider some of the days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries some of these folks have had...
redwulf25
QUOTE (suoq @ May 24 2011, 03:26 PM) *
So what has he been doing for the past 20 years? All of them? Is he keeping up with all of the magic, all of the technology, all of everything that's changing every single day, from nanites to technomancers to bug spirits?

I'm pretty sure the IE's and GD's reaction to Bug Spirits was something along the lines of "Not them again!" The magic, tech, and nanites I'd be surprised if some of them didn't have a hand in their invention.
Sengir
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ May 24 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Soooo...
Survival of the fttest?

Yep. Social Darwinism is a sinister direction, but I think in this case it's a good explanation.
Fatum
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ May 25 2011, 01:36 AM) *
So could a mortal fencer get good enough to win a stand-up duel against an immortal? sure. Would a shot to the head kill an immortal if it hits? sure. But the immortals have survived over 5000 years of others trying. The odds of a player in any Shadowrun game played by the rules being the one to finally get through all the planning and precautions are zero.
I wouldn't say it's zero, but it's surely an incredibly small chance. Never say "no, you can't under any circumstances" to your players - and hell, I can think of a dozen scenarios for an IE to risk his life, or even sacrifice it.
Consider, for example, Frosty - she's not all that powerful, and at least two IEs are incredibly invested in her...
suoq
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ May 24 2011, 04:36 PM) *

So, what you're saying is that a player character should never get close to one of these, either through electronic, physical, or astral means. Stats are meaningless because in your campaign your characters will never actually encounter any of these beings. And that's fine. Gods don't die when they don't fight mortals.

QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 24 2011, 04:39 PM) *
I'd be surprised if some of them didn't have a hand in their invention.
However, that means that others didn't have a hand. For any given immortal, while they may have had their fingers in many pies, I'd be hard pressed to name one that had his fingers in all of them. "The dragon himself (Dunkelzahn) seems fascinated by the concept of virtual reality, its applications and implications." The word "fascinated" to me indicates "surprise" and anything that can surprise you in Shadowrun can hold something that can kill you. These may be beings that kept up with changes for thousands of years, but things are changing quickly now, faster then ever before, and if they're changing more quickly than an immortal can follow, that immortal is risking death.
Grinder
Can we get back to a discussion about the style/ format of the new sourcebooks? Less to no metaplot, but NPCs, locations, and adventure seeds only?
Fatum
QUOTE (suoq @ May 25 2011, 01:59 AM) *
However, that means that others didn't have a hand. For any given immortal, while they may have had their fingers in many pies, I'd be hard pressed to name one that had his fingers in all of them. "The dragon himself (Dunkelzahn) seems fascinated by the concept of virtual reality, its applications and implications." The word "fascinated" to me indicates "surprise" and anything that can surprise you in Shadowrun can hold something that can kill you.
Please explain how VR can kill Dunkelzahn spin.gif

QUOTE (suoq @ May 25 2011, 01:59 AM) *
These may be beings that kept up with changes for thousands of years, but things are changing quickly now, faster then ever before, and if they're changing more quickly than an immortal can follow, that immortal is risking death.
If things are changing too fast for an immortal to keep up, they're changing far too fast for mortals to keep up.

QUOTE (Grinder @ May 25 2011, 02:00 AM) *
Can we get back to a discussion about the style/ format of the new sourcebooks? Less to no metaplot, but NPCs, locations, and adventure seeds only?
I don't remember all that many statblocks in the recent books, so in what comes to styles, we'll just have to see.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Grinder @ May 24 2011, 04:00 PM) *

Probably not as much metaplot as some would like, but I've seen some of the character writeups and some of the fiction. Metaplot is dealt with. The writeup I'm doing doesn't touch on a lot of the bigger metaplot, but there's bits and pieces of it in there. It's looking pretty cool so far, from where I sit, but I'm also on record as saying I like things cinematic and I like big names in my games, even if they are only dropping by on their way to doing something else. I'm not afraid of cameos.

And I'm kind of enjoying the IE discussion, though I suppose it should go find a thread of its own....
Doc Byte
Give 'em stats and they can be killed. - Reminds me of my Star Wars group back then. When our Jedi Knight was starting to develop better stats than Luke Skywalker we had to enforce some caps on his Force skills.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Fatum @ May 24 2011, 04:01 PM) *
QUOTE (suoq @ May 24 2011, 03:59 PM) *
"The dragon himself (Dunkelzahn) seems fascinated by the concept of virtual reality, its applications and implications." The word "fascinated" to me indicates "surprise" and anything that can surprise you in Shadowrun can hold something that can kill you.

While he's at it, maybe he can explain how "fascinate" necessarily equates with "surprise." There's very little overlap there.
suoq
QUOTE (Fatum @ May 24 2011, 05:01 PM) *
If things are changing too fast for an immortal to keep up, they're changing far too fast for mortals to keep up.
Mortals aren't keeping up. They're getting killed by it. Huge numbers of them are afraid of everything out there that they don't understand. Many of them are trying to kill what they don't understand before what they don't understand kills them.

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ May 24 2011, 05:11 PM) *
While he's at it, maybe he can explain how "fascinate" necessarily equates with "surprise." There's very little overlap there.

from your link to fascinate: "unique power, personal charm, unusual nature, or some other special quality"
from your link to surprise: "as through unexpectedness" (unexpected occurs a lot in that set of definations).
If you can't see a link between unexpected and unique, unusual, and special, then I can't help you find one. It's your problem, not mine.

As far as killing Dunkelzahn, it appears someone beat your runners to it. All that took was an explosion. And all his years of experience taught him one lesson you're not getting. Dragons need to have a will for when they die.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (suoq @ May 24 2011, 05:52 PM) *
As far as killing Dunkelzahn, it appears someone beat your runners to it. All that took was an explosion. And all his years of experience taught him one lesson you're not getting. Dragons need to have a will for when they die.

No one killed Dunkelzahn. Where have you been, bro?

@Critias, Patrick Goodman: Are you guys actually allowed to tell us whether Street Legends will feature any IE's, at least from the standpoint of their being IE's? I.e. (no pun intended) suppose one of the characters covered is Prince Lugh Surehand. Would Surehand in this example be featured as a powerful NPC because he is an Immortal Elf, and focus on that as such, or would he be featured more because of his political importance in Tir Tairngire?
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (suoq @ May 24 2011, 04:52 PM) *
from your link to fascinate: "unique power, personal charm, unusual nature, or some other special quality"
from your link to surprise: "as through unexpectedness" (unexpected occurs a lot in that set of definations).
If you can't see a link between unexpected and unique, unusual, and special, then I can't help you find one. It's your problem, not mine.

You do enjoy reaching, don't you?

I can be fascinated by a lot of things that don't surprise me. I'm finding fascination right now in the actions of my son, whose having a ball with some oversize Legos. This is not surprising at all, but it's quite fascinating. Dunkie found a lot of things fascinating (including humanity), but I never saw that he was surprised by most of it.
As far as killing Dunkelzahn, it appears someone beat your runners to it. All that took was an explosion.

You're new here, aren't you? That wasn't a simple explosion. You've clearly got a great deal to catch up on; you should really go find some of the novels and start doing just that.

In the meantime...you're not making a very solid case for immortals not keeping up.
suoq
My bad. I skipped the novels completely. In the meantime, if you want the immortals to be Mary Sues, go ahead. I don't see it as my job to convince you, just my job to explain how I see things and why.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ May 24 2011, 05:23 PM) *
@Critias, Patrick Goodman: Are you guys actually allowed to tell us whether Street Legends will feature any IE's, at least from the standpoint of their being IE's? I.e. (no pun intended) suppose one of the characters covered is Prince Lugh Surehand. Would Surehand in this example be featured as a powerful NPC because he is an Immortal Elf, and focus on that as such, or would he be featured more because of his political importance in Tir Tairngire?

No, probably not a good idea to go there.

That said, most of the IEs aren't a big deal because they're IEs...they're a big deal because of the stuff they do in the world. To use your example, is Lugh Surehand more impressive because he's 10,000 years old, or because of his political history in the Sixth World?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Sengir @ May 24 2011, 11:18 PM) *

So CREEEED is indeed (a) Harlekin?
CanRay
QUOTE (Fatum @ May 24 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Early manifesting Technomancers killed President Dunkelzahn! That's why they should all be rounded up and slaughtered!

For the children!

Ew, I need a shower now.
Bigity
Don't care about or want stats, but backgrounds/histories on major players (not just runners) would be a possible good read, world/lore-filling out kind of thing.

Regional 'legends' should be covered in location books.
Wakshaani
Now, while the IEs did all integrate fairly well, I have to say that, working retail and trying to explain to people born circa WWII about internet use, viruses, and how to connect a printer to their computer is ... challenging.

I suppose part of the magical ceremony that makes 'em immortal also makes 'em immune to "brain stagation". Maybe they have a spirit that they use as an auxillary memory device?

"Hey, Spirit of Man Charlie ... hold this."
"Sure thing boss! What is it?"
"My memories that run from 3200 BC to 80 BC ... those were some DULL years!"
"I'll be quite careful with them, sir." *poof*
CanRay
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ May 24 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Now, while the IEs did all integrate fairly well, I have to say that, working retail and trying to explain to people born circa WWII about internet use, viruses, and how to connect a printer to their computer is ... challenging.

Try working tech support for those people and having to deal with Windows ME and Wireless USB Dongles.

Now, if you excuse me, my corner is calling me.
Jhaiisiin
@Lurker: This keeps bugging me. You keep blaming White Wolf and their WoD for immortal elves, which is utter nonsense. For christ sake, it was in the Lord of the Rings novels. Possibly novels by other authors before that. That's the 1950's crapping all over your Shadowrun, not friggin' WW. If you're going to toss inane blame about, at least target correctly.

@CanRay: Ugh, don't remind me of that stuff. Windows ME, aka Windows Crayola Edition... and gods was it horrible.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (suoq @ May 24 2011, 06:53 PM) *
In the meantime, if you want the immortals to be Mary Sues, go ahead.

Mary Sues...I was wondering when that was going to come back into the conversation. The IEs aren't Mary Sues for anyone currently writing for Shadowrun; they were there a long time before any of us started writing for the game. That's a baseless, and frankly silly, assertion.

That said...I don't need any Mary Sues. I had one put into the game for me years ago, and I finally got the chance to kill him. Don't have any plans on putting another one back in with this project.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (hermit @ May 23 2011, 12:56 AM) *
I'm more interested in whatever happened to 99 bottles.

Still looks to be on the schedule; other than that, no clue.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Sengir @ May 23 2011, 03:39 AM) *
Great, so I can sit on the porch and gripe at the depraved state of today's youth. Where's my rocking chair?

You can find them at the main supply depot down the street. Get one with a padded seat, trust me.
CanRay
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ May 24 2011, 10:18 PM) *
You can find them at the main supply depot down the street. Get one with a padded seat, trust me.

I'm waiting for the "Rocking Chair and Shotgun" sale bonanza that's been promised. nyahnyah.gif
Method
Back in my day the rocking chairs always had padded seats... biggrin.gif
Fatum
QUOTE (suoq @ May 25 2011, 03:53 AM) *
My bad. I skipped the novels completely. In the meantime, if you want the immortals to be Mary Sues, go ahead. I don't see it as my job to convince you, just my job to explain how I see things and why.
God, "Mary Sue", the ultimate argument. Except Mary Sue is by definition a writer's self-insert which is unreasonably powerful for the system. Immortal Elves fulfil neither criterion, not any more than Great Dragons or corporate movers and shakers.
Yeah, they might not be the pinnacle of writer's ability, and there's no reason to use them in your campaign, but they make a lot of sense on the whole Earthdawn=>Shadowrun history scale, and make a fine example of secret magical stuff to liven up the system.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Grinder @ May 23 2011, 04:27 AM) *
Well, it seems to be that's the way CGL wants to go...

No metaplot, just random NPCs, locations and half-assed adventure seeds.

Grinder, I've never lied to you before and I'm not about to start now: I can't speak to Conspiracy Theories or Corporate Intrigue, because I haven't seen any of the drafts (not even sure that any have been turned in, but I'm not the guy they come to, so take that for what it's worth)...but I can say that Artifacts Unbound moves the metaplot forward bigtime.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Kesendeja @ May 23 2011, 04:36 AM) *
Way back when this book was called Prime Runners, and i admit to getting alot of use out of it. So personally I'm looking forward to the new book. I especially hope to catch up on some dearly loved NPC's.

Here's the deal: Primer Runners had a lot of characters that no one had ever heard of, and almost none of them have been heard from since...and that's just fine with most of the rest of the world, me included. Seriously. Without going to the book, name three characters that appear in there.

Street Legends > Prime Runners. You've heard of most of these people, and people have wanted to know more about them for a long time. I'm pretty damned enthusiastic about this book, more enthused than I've been for a Shadowrun book in a long time. Yes, I'm biased; I'm writing for it. Even if I weren't, though, this book would light me up.
TheFr0g
Luckily, as GMs and book-owners we have a magic wand that can undo all the damage that Catalyst has done. It is called a black sharpie. If you don't want Lofwyr to have stats, take that magic wand and strike across those blasphemous statistics. By the god-like power of your hand and the Sharpie corporation combined... he is once again invincible.

Seriously, if you dont like something don't use it. Maybe someone wants to run a campaign where their runners have to fight Lofwyr and Harlequin in a steel cage, Catalyst is giving them some stats, it isn't like this is a video game and you're locked into it.
CanRay
On the one hand, we find out about all these folks we've wanted to know more about for a long time!

On the other hand, yes, if you stat them, they will try to kill them. S-K Ketchup, "It goes great with crunchy things!"

On the other-other hand, maybe we'd be better off not knowing. Remember what happened when we found more things about Richard Villiers...

On the other-other-other hand, this *IS* the JackPoint, how accurate the information is can be hotly debated. Misinformation is a key to a lot of things after all, and even high-end Shadowrunners like the Shadowtalkers can be mislead, misinformed, and just plain unable to see past their own prejudices. (If you don't believe me, ask Clockwork to hug a Technomancer. ... Or any of them to get a Corporate Job. Slamm-0! would be a good suggestion, now that he has a kid to take care of.).

On the other-other-other hand... ... ... Damn, ran out of hands.
Grinder
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ May 25 2011, 06:16 AM) *
Grinder, I've never lied to you before and I'm not about to start now: I can't speak to Conspiracy Theories or Corporate Intrigue, because I haven't seen any of the drafts (not even sure that any have been turned in, but I'm not the guy they come to, so take that for what it's worth)...but I can say that Artifacts Unbound moves the metaplot forward bigtime.

Ok, cool. smile.gif The advertisement doesn't tell that, though.
CanRay
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ May 24 2011, 11:16 PM) *
...I've never lied to you before and I'm not about to start now...

Isn't that in the same lines as: "I'm from the Government, I'm here to help"? nyahnyah.gif
Fatum
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 25 2011, 09:34 AM) *
On the other-other-other hand, this *IS* the JackPoint, how accurate the information is can be hotly debated. Misinformation is a key to a lot of things after all, and even high-end Shadowrunners like the Shadowtalkers can be mislead, misinformed, and just plain unable to see past their own prejudices. (If you don't believe me, ask Clockwork to hug a Technomancer. ... Or any of them to get a Corporate Job. Slamm-0! would be a good suggestion, now that he has a kid to take care of.).
Fluff is IC, most often it could be false to a degree. Stats are OOC, they're always correct as supplied.
You can't just say "those stats for assault rifles look suspiciously similar, FastJack must have goofd up damn hackers know nothing of our sammie killy things" etc.
Hagga
QUOTE (Kesendeja @ May 23 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Way back when this book was called Prime Runners, and i admit to getting alot of use out of it. So personally I'm looking forward to the new book. I especially hope to catch up on some dearly loved NPC's.

..yeah. See, that's my one problem. THe unkillable is going to be a bit underwhelming - and no longer unkillable. Rhonabwy has 25 magic. Frosty, potentially, over about 40 years of activity (with a good tutor) has.. 16, being roughly an eighth grade initiate.
toturi
QUOTE (Fatum @ May 25 2011, 04:15 PM) *
Fluff is IC, most often it could be false to a degree. Stats are OOC, they're always correct as supplied.

I'd say that although stats are OOC and should be correct as supplied, I hope that the writers or developers would not include disclaimer-type statements like "GMs should alter these stats to suit their campaign" because that would IMO detract from putting those stats in the book in the first place - for something like this, it is all or nothing.

For my part, I would truly like to see how powerful a plot device would be when statted up. Ultimate NPCs being statless, I accept as a necessary evil. But given this book are about Street Legends, I'd love to see such Ultimate NPCs statted up, if only to see what are the capabilities a being thousands of years old can achieve.

I am glad that the writers and devs finally throwdown and put stats to paper for the characters that so far remain nebulous quantities. We know that Fastjack and Smiling Bandit are top class hackers, perhaps now we will know how much better Fastjack really is, even if it is simply a single hair's difference in dice pools. Maybe we will know that Lowfyr could pwn Harlequin, but on a good day, Harley could make Lowfyr wish he never crawled out of his shell.

Later today when I get off work, I will haul my bone tired ass to the FLGS and place an pre-order for a dead tree version of this book. The only reason why I haven't done so is because for the last few days when I got off work, the store had closed. This is how much I anticipate this book. I haven't felt so excited since The George announced the Star Wars prequels. Do not fail us, Obi-wan Kenobis.
suoq
QUOTE (toturi @ May 25 2011, 04:16 AM) *
perhaps now we will know how much better Fastjack really is, even if it is simply a single hair's difference in dice pools.
A hair's difference ahead of what? However you stat him out, he's either not going to make a lot of sense or he's going to be eaten alive by that monstrosity being built in "Hacker Rules, How completely do you implement them?". You can build him to defend against characters built with encephalons and PuSHeD, but what are you going to do about the power creep that comes in future sourcebooks? How will he look when some sourcebook makes technomancers even more powerful?

The dice pool thrown by starting characters grows with every sourcebook. If you want your legends to stay legends, you're going to need to take a pen to their stats after a while.
Stahlseele
Still haven't figured out the Multiquoting Mr.Goodman? O.o
hermit
QUOTE (Critias @ May 24 2011, 09:24 PM) *
I'm not out to get all nit-picky and quibble over every line of text that's being written, Hermit, but in the very quote you posted this in reply to, I did say:
So in addition to focusing on these legends and giving more detail about who they are and what they do, in addition to attaching some plot hooks and metaplot elements to keep them useful to many a campaign, in addition to having some sweet artwork lined up in what's going to be a gorgeous book...

So, yes. We're well aware that epic, legendary, high-power characters like this may not be immediately useful to every single GM in every single game out there, and we're doing what we can to help folks integrate them into their own campaigns.

Well, I was more thinking about how to scale their power in relation to the PCs than in plot points, but it's good that this is apparently done. Because that's something that Prime Runners pretty much failed in.

I cannot think of a way that humanity has changed very little in 5000 years.

That's a mere 250 generations. Not a whole lot of time in evolutionary terms, especially considering there never was any seriously dire evolutionary pressure on our species. Besides, homo sapiens and homo neanderthalensis were, probably, genetically compatible beyond the production of mules, so the genetical differences between the two hominid species are pretty thin to begin with.

It also makes it really, really difficult to get drunk. Which, when you consider some of the days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries some of these folks have had...
. They just can't die from an overdose. Apparently. Of course, this is one of the places where fluff and crunch collide, head-on, each moving at 150 mph.

So what has he been doing for the past 20 years? All of them? Is he keeping up with all of the magic, all of the technology, all of everything that's changing every single day, from nanites to technomancers to bug spirits?

The technology, obviously, because he already knows everything that's 'changing' about magic (and a hell of a lot more). And it changes monthly, not daily.

Seems you are not aware that Dunkelzahn killed himself to become a superspirit and basically save the world, right? He wrote the will and built a couple artifacts because he knew where he was heading. It's not like some mortal had a lucky hit on him or anything.
hermit
That said, most of the IEs aren't a big deal because they're IEs.

Agreed. Hessler, for instance, mainly enjoys sipping tea and watching Cricket games. Well, that and playing Merlin to the Pendragon. Most IE actually are about survival first, personal comforts/interests second, and influencing the world a very distant third. The ones who want to play sayajin mostly are the nutcases like Harlekin, Aina or Alachia. The only halfway sane high-profile IE seems to be Surehand.

So CREEEED is indeed (a) Harlekin?

No, he just channels the Emprah 2.0 occasionally.

I had one put into the game for me years ago, and I finally got the chance to kill him. Don't have any plans on putting another one back in with this project.

Dead Great Dragons? Wow.

Still looks to be on the schedule; other than that, no clue.

Okay. Am curious for what this will be. Asking because it's not mentioned in the upcoming products on the CGL page; but then again, so is Unfriendly Skies.

Without going to the book, name three characters that appear in there.

Sutherland, Tri-D, and ... DeVries? No, DeVries was in Threats, wasn't he?

Seriously, if you dont like something don't use it. Maybe someone wants to run a campaign where their runners have to fight Lofwyr and Harlequin in a steel cage, Catalyst is giving them some stats, it isn't like this is a video game and you're locked into it.

No, but it might be like a Sims Expansion Package that has tons of totally useless crap and will probably screw with your game big time but that you have to buy because otherwise your DLC Aztec-style sacrifical tables and cubboards will not work properly. Lots of baggage for something little you nonetheless want.
hobgoblin
This whole thread is 8 pages too long. Let it die, people.
Sengir
QUOTE (Grinder @ May 24 2011, 11:00 PM) *

Does that need much discussion? CGL has decided that writing a story is too much work, so they just take a bunch of random bits and pieces and call it a book. Half of the fun of campaign books is that they provide an actual plot which is enjoyable to read even if you don't run the module.

I'm also curious to how they want to present this release in-universe...hopefully not again as a collection of corp intel, because that just made no bloody sense at all.

PS:
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ May 24 2011, 08:00 PM) *
Ehran talking about the very human Da Vinci, was long before Leonardo the IE ever showed up in the game's writing.

OK, I though this was only introduced after Leonardo got retconned in Technobabel.
LurkerOutThere
Devries was prime runners, but i have to concede I cna't remember many actual names from Prime Runners, some concepts yes but I'm a little short on actual names.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 25 2011, 05:55 AM) *

Haven't tried much, and those attempts I've made have shown that it doesn't like me. When I have some more time, I'll deal with it a little more; in the meantime, I'll just keep on keeping on.
Slithery D
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 23 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Rhonabwy stat block in PR had his magic listed at 25. With some physical drain could cast at force 50 *grin*. Earlier edition of rules.

edit: Mentions him casting between force 5 and 20 for most spells. Guess he figures why show off.

In SR2 spells were bought at a certain force and you couldn't cast higher; under those rules his spells were in that force range.
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 25 2011, 06:30 AM) *

What, and let the Shedim get it? NEVER!
Fatum
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 25 2011, 02:55 PM) *
I haven't, as well. How do you do it?

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 25 2011, 03:30 PM) *
Minding that it's 2 pages long, the optimal length for it would be -6 pages, in your opinion?

Also, suddenly I like the iron cage idea...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012