Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Sun Never Sets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
pbangarth
OK, I'll be in sporadic connection till Monday, but I'll try to keep up.
Tecumseh
Go ahead and make perception rolls for Stogie and Jake. Whichever sense has the highest dice pool.
pbangarth
Can't get Invisible Castle to work. Don't know another site, so I will roll dice and post the results.

Jake (smell) : INT 4 + Perception 2 + enhanced smell 3 = 9 dice ==> 2,2,2,3,4,4,5,6,6 = 3 HITS.

Stogie (visual) : INT 5 + Perception 2 + 4 + 2 (visual) = 13 dice ==> 1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,5,6 ==> 2 HITS. *sigh* OK, you've tricked me into thinking this is important. I'll use EDGE to reroll misses.

11 dice ==> 2,2,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,6,6 ==> 6 HITS! So, 8 HITS total.

pbangarth
OK, I'll change the text in the post where Stogie sees something so it doesn't contradict the reality.
Tecumseh
Apologies for the delay. My wife and I moved last weekend and I've been upside down ever since. New neighborhood, new commute, all the old routines thrown into the blender. I'm hoping normal life resumes this weekend but that might be a bit ambitious.
pbangarth
No probs, I've been busy, too.

I figure my IC post is all Stogie could say in three seconds.
Tecumseh
New IC is up. No need to confine responses to three seconds. We're still in open RP.
pbangarth
In and out of internet till 9 July. Will post in there somewhere.
Tecumseh
Alright, it's been a month. As a reminder, my wife is t-minus 6 weeks (give or take) until delivery Tec Jr.
pbangarth
Been slacking off in all things meat and Matrix. Also some tech difficulties. Sorry.

Stogie's Assensing of the sasquatch:

INT 5 + Assensing 2 + adept power 4 + aura reading specialization 2 = 13 dice ==> 6 HITS
Tecumseh
Her aura indicates quite a bit.

Emotionally, she's:
1) peaceful
2) curious
3) concerned about your well-being
4) nervous
5) afraid of Jake, even if she weighs 10 times what he does

She is in good health. She does not appear to be an adept, magician, or mystic adept.

pbangarth
I sure hope the Infected troll doesn't find sasquatch tasty.
Tecumseh
Woah, has it been two weeks already? I lost track of time. We had out-of-town guests that threw me off. I thought it had only been a week.

New IC post is up. K'wa'iti, as should be fairly obvious, is the wolf shapeshifter that the group previously encountered. Some of those posts can be found here, here, and here.
pbangarth
Attribute Boosts:

Jake : BOD, then STR: 8 dice each ==> 2 HITS, 1 HIT

So Jake is BOD 4, STR 2, for 4 combat rounds and 2, respectively

Stogie, REA then AGI: 8 dice each ==> 4 HITS, 2 HITS

So Stogie is REA 7, AGI 5, for 8 combat rounds, and 4, respectively
Tecumseh
Either intentionally or incidentally, K'wa'iti has outwaited the initial attribute boosts. Go ahead and soak drain, plus reroll if you intend to reapply the boosts.

Go ahead and roll Con if Stogie is being untruthful about anything. Stogie doesn't have it so he'll have to default.
pbangarth
As far as I know, Stogie is telling the truth. He's just a farm boy in some deep drek.

Drain resist: WIL + BOD = 8 dice ==> 3, 3 HITS

No Drain.

I think I'll wait with further Boosts. It'll look less aggressive and further talk will just wear them down, anyway. Hopefully, if the shifter attacks, the distance will allow Stogie to Boost up.

Oh, Jake's Drain: (I guess I use his WIL and BOD) 5 dice ==> 1, 3 HITS

Jake's OK, too. He'll take his cue for further Boosts from Stogie.
Tecumseh
You've talked your way past the wolves. After putting some distance between you and them, you stop for a rest and LT asks a few clarifying questions about what Stogie plans.
Tecumseh
You wrote a good IC post. Next one is up.
pbangarth
OK. I have to look back and see what Stogie said to her!

It seems as if we are coming to the end of the run. Is this where you fell you want to break off? Stogie has some possibilities to propose to the others. He might want to set them up as contacts in the City, as he is a country boy at heart and doesn't feel too secure in Seattle. And who knows, they might need some of his talents themselves. Or, he could try to convince them to help him with the search for answers.

The vehicle Stogie and Ellesar and Smohalla used should be hidden somewhere around here. I will have to go back and look to see what we did with it. If so, he doesn't need a ride.

EDIT: I don't actually see where he promised her payment, but thanks of some sort is certainly in order.
Tecumseh
This is where Stogie promised payment:

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 31 2015, 11:24 AM) *
You strong. Can help? I help you, too. Give you something?

Fucked if he knows what a sasquatch might want.

Stogie and Ellesar arrived in Greenwater with Jeff, the dwarf with a Tata Hotspur and voices in his head. Jeff had a phobia of critters, so mentally I figured that he ICly took off (with his truck) after Jake identified the traces of a wolf pack in town. So, long story short, Stogie needs a lift.

As for the run, the whole point of this story was to see:
1) if the runners would hear the women out or if they'd go in shooting (in which case this could have been wrapped up back in June 2012); and,
2) if the runners heard the women out, would they side with them or would they decide that they indeed needed to be eliminated; and,
3) if the runners sided with the women, what they would do about it.

We have answers to all of those questions, so to that end the story is complete. However, I'd personally like to see Stogie track down and confront Gunny, which is what he told K'wa'iti he would do:

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 26 2015, 01:17 PM) *
"First I will take the fight to the one who has hired all these groups to come here and attack the women. I know where he is. He lied about who and what the women are, and continues to do so. I wanna find out why and who is paying him. He must be stopped. But behind him is the real danger. The force that wants the women gone. That is the real enemy. This guy, Gunny, may be too difficult to convince to tell me who is behind him. I will do my best. If I have to, I will hunt in the city for the knowledge. That may be easier than it sounds. I have a suspicion why the women are being attacked. The Mountain, you know the one, is a place of power. I have felt it, and just like the women, my magic was made stronger by it. There are those who would use that power for their own profit. Only so many can do that.

"These will be people like the ones who came and took my home, and killed most of my pack." He glances at Jake. "Jake here is all that remains. The truth is, they are all alike, these corporations. Fighting one is fighting them all. So, for now, I will put my search for revenge on hold and hunt those who want this Mountain. Who knows, they may be the same people who attacked my home."

We certainly don't have to, but that would provide an opportunity to pull back some more of the curtain on the story's background and the behind-the-scenes motivations. That said, once we're done I'll lay out the story either way (whether we tackle this last step or not).
Tecumseh
Alright, it's been a couple weeks. Give me something to work with.
Tecumseh
Three weeks now, although it looks like you haven't been online the past two weeks.

Let me know what you think about what I proposed regarding a confrontation with Gunny. If we move forward with it I'd like to maintain a reasonable pace. Hopefully we can commit to a post every week, if not more. If that's too much then we can discuss other options.
pbangarth
Further to my reply to your pmail, I'm trying to figure out what to do with Stogie. I do believe the next phase should be information gathering, but that is really not Stogie's forté.
Tecumseh
Well that depends on what sort of information you're looking for. If you just want to find Gunny, I won't make that too hard. I'm not interested in drawing this out with a big manhunt. Stogie's fixer, Smart Willie, is probably the one who alerted Stogie to this opportunity in the first place. Smart Willie can provide enough direction for finding Gunny.

The question I would need answered is more along the lines of how does Stogie intend to confront Gunny? In a crowded diner, or standing above him as he sleeps, or in a dark alley at night? Not every option will be available and/or viable, but that would help inform how the final scene plays out.
pbangarth
I agree. Stogie probably thought a lot on his walk out of the forest. I should do the same.
Tecumseh
Happy Anniversary!

Wow, four years now. That said, we only have 3 IC posts in the last 9 weeks or so. I'd like to move forward and get this one wrapped up. Can we get some momentum going and commit to finishing off the remaining 2%?
pbangarth
Hey, Tecumseh. Sorry for disappearing. A lot of trouble landed in my family's lap a while ago, and I have been busy keeping our heads above water. I think by the new year I will be able to participate again. Thanks for the Gunny talk. Now I will have to figure out what the hell to do next.

If you are wrapping up, then there is no point recruiting others, huh?

Tecumseh
Thanks for checking in. Sorry that your news isn't better.

At this point all I'm looking for is a simple shoot/don't shoot decision for Gunny. Shooting might make Stogie feel better, but - to Gunny's point - it won't make the problem go away and will probably create other problems. The Salish-Shidhe government is after the Sisters and taking out the Johnson won't remove the bounty. It's up to Stogie if he wants to be a part of the Sisters' long war or if he wants to wander off to find other battles.

But, after that, we're done. We're at the end of the arc of the story I wanted to explore.
pbangarth
OK. I'll decide.
Tecumseh
That's a wrap!

Thanks for finishing it off after 4+ years. I only wish some of the others had made it as well. I check their profiles from time to time, but nothing.

We last did karma awards in November 2014. I'll reread the posts since then (about 30 from you and 30 from me) and will award karma in the next few days.
pbangarth
Thanks, Tecumseh. I had a great time in this game. Scared shitless sometimes, laughing out loud others. You made the story real for me. Once Stogie gets karma, maybe I'll post him on the jobs forum here on DS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012