Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Sun Never Sets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Tecumseh
Any more discussion? Let me know when you want things to take the next step.
phlapjack77
Still think there's some discussion to be had...

And I edited my latest IC post, in case anyone already read it...
AtroposReborn
I'm not sure about the others but I feel as if we have come to a conclusion and would be ready to move on.
pbangarth
We have a plan of sorts. So, let's see what we can learn. I believe the Wolf is not present, so we may need to manipulate a reason to get hm to return.
phlapjack77
Cool.

Tecumseh can come back into the room now smile.gif
pbangarth
Tecumseh, Stogie's Assensing pool is INT 5 + Assensing 2 + Aura reading 2 + Enhanced perception 4 = 13 dice. I don't know if you want me to roll or to do it yourself to keep us guessing. This seems like a pivotal point, so if the roll isn't really good to begin with, I would use a point of Edge to reroll misses. You can tell me by PM whether Stogie uses it or not. If you want multiple rolls, one for each of the NPCs, then unless my teammates jump in to suggest differently, I would use Edge if necessary on Assensing the Wolf, or if it looks like he won't be around, on Ellie.
Tecumseh
Sounds like a plan. I've written a new post to bring the Sisters back. I've already made Stogie's Assensing rolls but I wanted to give everyone a chance to act before posting the results.
phlapjack77
I've got a bad feeling about this...
Tecumseh
As you should! I have a special form of torture for phlapjack, called "Do you believe in roleplaying wholeheartedly enough to not read the spoiler tags?!" We'll find out!
phlapjack77
But if I don't read the spoiler tags, then I miss out on some great storytelling!

Right?....right? ..............

*sigh* ok I read them. My defense is if you REALLY wanted it to be for pbangarth only, you'd PM him or something smile.gif
pbangarth
Hey man, it's up to me to do that great story telling for Tecumseh. I was already building the prologue with hints in my first post.
Tecumseh
For the armchair literary analysts at home, my last IC post (Stogie's assensing) also contained a symbol/motif from the first post of the game. Bonus points if anyone can find it!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 7 2012, 11:48 PM) *
Hey man, it's up to me to do that great story telling for Tecumseh. I was already building the prologue with hints in my first post.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Jul 8 2012, 03:01 PM) *
For the armchair literary analysts at home, my last IC post (Stogie's assensing) also contained a symbol/motif from the first post of the game. Bonus points if anyone can find it!

See, that pretty much explicitly tells me I was supposed to read the spoiler'd info smile.gif
Tecumseh
Phlapjack, what are you doing over here on the OOC forum. We're all waiting for the story of Smohalla's people. Do tell!
phlapjack77
I see what you did there mad.gif

Give me a day, I'll try to write up a good story...
pbangarth
QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Jul 8 2012, 03:01 AM) *

“Response teams to the scenes say that the mana is twisted. They say the Sisters have become Avengers, and if they’re not checked they might turn down a toxic path.” He looks around meaningfully to make sure he gets the point across. “Regardless of your politics, the last thing we need in the neighborhood is a clique of Reapers or Havocs. That’s where you come in.

But what of their goals? Are the women Twisted? Here, for all of Stogie's insight, it's hard to say. Is there a bright line that divides an ecoshaman from an Avenger? Or an Avenger from a Toxic mage? Or is it simply a matter of degrees? At what point does yellow become orange, and when does orange become red?
phlapjack77
Good find! That's probably it.

I thought it was the "nut" symbolism...

QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Nov 6 2011, 03:18 PM) *
...They’re nuts and they’re tough but they can be cracked...

QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Jul 7 2012, 07:45 AM) *
...After all, big things have small beginnings, and every mighty oak was once a little nut who stood his ground...
Tecumseh
Phlapjack has it!

If anyone is still playing, post #361 includes the completion of some foreshadowing from early in the game.
phlapjack77
I don't see it, but then again, I am pretty bad about literary things like this...

I might not get until the weekend to write up a (interesting?) story...I'll put a placeholder IC until I get a chance to write it up.

To paraphrase, maybe the horse will die, maybe the king will die, or maybe the horse really will speak smile.gif
Tecumseh
Back to open RP.

Pb, you don't have to restate everything in the Assensing post but I would encourage you to summarize what Stogie discovered in his own words (and with whatever opinions he might add to the telling).
pbangarth
I'll get on that this evening.
Tecumseh
Good post, Pb.
pbangarth
Great info in the spoiled spoiler. You gave real life to the shit-hot dice roll.
Tecumseh
For anyone who missed it, Phlapjack went nuts and posted his promised story.
phlapjack77
It's slightly recycled from another character, but also slightly new material.

Btw, doing a little research for this story now has me noticing certain details of your story that I've missed before. Pretty cool stuff
Tecumseh
What, you weren't combing through every post, sifting and scratching for clues to the story and signs of my repressed artistic ambitions?!?

... Maybe I'll give everyone a pop quiz next week later tonight.
phlapjack77
More like, I didn't have the knowledge in the first place to notice certain things smile.gif

Like this, for instance
Tecumseh
I've climbed the South Sister a couple times. (That sounds naughty, doesn't it?)

An excellent guess, but not quite on target. Anyone want to make a second guess? There's a prize!

I'm thinking of doing karma again soon. It feels like we just did it - and, in game terms, it was just a few hours ago - but it's actually been two months already. I've been very pleased with the RP with the Sisters so far. I'll probably do karma "overnight" once this fireside chat wraps up and people bed down for the night. Provided, of course, that you survive until morning to spend it.

Here's your pop quiz. Think carefully! Wrong answers will be punished harshly, correct answer(s) richly rewarded:
Q: What's been Tecumseh's funniest line??
A: _________________ [fill in the blank]
phlapjack77
Huh, apparently the 3 witches from Hamlet are also sometimes called the Weird Sisters ...

Also there are the 3 sisters of Native American agriculture - maize, beans, squash

Still working on the quiz smile.gif
Tecumseh
Just made a short post to push things forward a bit. If you want to discuss things more, feel free to continue. Otherwise, figure out what your plan for the night is.
Tecumseh
I'll post something in the next day or two, just as soon as I decide whether or not to terrorize you (or maybe just Phlapjack) with things that go bump in the night.
Tecumseh
Phlapjack, back to you.
phlapjack77
I was thinking of just waking up Ellesar and saying "it's your watch...oh btw, there's a bear, good luck!" then going to sleep, but figured that would be kind of rude smile.gif

AtroposReborn
At this point I don't think it would surprise him. Better than another troll....
phlapjack77
Ellesar might have to take a negative quality against trolls in the future, it seems smile.gif

good one pbangarth!
Tecumseh
Phlapjack, it's to you to decide whether you want to take one more hour and then wake Stogie, or if you'll wake Atropos now to take a shift.
phlapjack77
posted
Tecumseh
Atropos, roll Perception! Hahaha!
pbangarth
Didn't think the night would pass uneventfully.
AtroposReborn
Points in perception: 0. Looks like it's time to use some Edge to help out my defaulting.

So WIS 3 + Perception 0 - Defaulting 1 + Edge 2 = 4 dice >>> 3 hits, interesting sequence of numbers

As usual let me know if I missed something. I've never had to use Edge before so I wasn't quite sure how. Looked it up and it said to add dice equal to full Edge attribute, which was 2 for me.
pbangarth
Seeing how well you did, I hesitate to tell you that using Edge as you did, the correct command would have been 4d6.hitsopen(5,6), which would have it reroll 6s. So, you could simulate that by taking the 3 sixes you did get and doing a second roll, 3d6.hitsopen(5,6) to see how many more hits you got. Might as well get the full bang for using one of your two Edge points!
phlapjack77
wow! Great roll! Like pbangarth said, def. reroll thise sixes.

Looks like you have a skill to use karma on after tecumseh-claus visits us smile.gif
Tecumseh
I sent Atropos a separate message breaking down the rules about dice rolling and Edge. (For example, WIS is not a Shadowrun attribute.) The short version of the story is that we'll be keeping the three successes and moving forward with that. Three should be enough to feel the bear nibbling on his toes.
AtroposReborn
Yes, it would seem my brain has taken a mental vacation. We shall see what my horrid attempt at rolling has brought upon us.
pbangarth
I am going to be out of town starting Monday morning till Friday afternoon, and most of it will be out of cell-phone service as well. If the need comes up, please feel free to run Stogie in a way similar to our journey to the Sisters. Please keep Jake alive!
Tecumseh
Atropos, Ellesar has several different types of arrows. Pick which one he's using and mention it in your next post. Let me know what else he's doing too.
Tecumseh
Nice haiku, Phlapjack.

Atropos, I still need to know what kind of arrow Ellesar is using, just in case he has to shoot.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Jul 25 2012, 04:01 PM) *
He sees the remains of Stogie's dessert, which might appeal to the bear's less-discerning palate.
Hey!

PS. I'm back.
Tecumseh
Welcome back, Pb. Roll Stogie's Perception when he gets up and about.
pbangarth
Stogie's Perception roll:

INT 5 + Perception 6 + (visual +2 -- drop the last two dice if this doesn't count) = 13 dice ==> 9 HITS !!!!!

Holy shit! Even without visual it's 7 hits. Off to a birthday party. I'll post IC later. Gimme a chance to figure out how to reflect this roll in the story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012