Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Sun Never Sets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
pbangarth
Stogie's going to keep a closer watch on Jake from now on!
Tecumseh
Happy Awakening Day! In the 1st/2nd edition universe the Awakening was in 2011, but since most people's memories aren't that specific we'll just go ahead and recognize it today.

To celebrate, I'll be distributing karma. PMs will go out shortly. I'll post something ICly soon.
pbangarth
I'll be in and out a lot the next few days. I'll try to stay in contact.
AtroposReborn
Looking for a good place to set up for the evening, making sure to check for any signs of animals having been there.

Perception 4 + INT 2 = 6 dice >>> 3 Hits (Oh my, the last three numbers)

Survival 3 + WIL 4 = 7 dice >>> 2 Hits
phlapjack77
little late for the end of the world with those last numbers...or is it...

smile.gif
AtroposReborn
It's never too late for the end of the world. Also, Merry Christmas everyone (or whatever you celebrate, if anything).
phlapjack77
Thanks! Merry Christmas to all...
Tecumseh
Atropos, you got your Intuition and Perception values reversed, but the overall dice pool is correct.

I made the survival test a Teamwork test. The 19 dice that Stogie and Smohalla bring to the equation add up to an additional 2 hits, which is statistically average. So the team has 4 HITS between them.

Still Christmas where I am for another 30 minutes! Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day to Pbangarth!
pbangarth
I'm post-Box now. Still stuffed ... and loads of turkey et al in the fridge.
Tecumseh
Stogie's cooking test: 1 HIT

Let me know if the plan is simply to go to sleep or if you want to make some calls or do something else before bed. It's probably 20:00 hours right now, give or take.

I'm flying to California on Monday, back on Thursday. I'll have my laptop with me so I should be able to post if there's something to respond to.
phlapjack77
I'll be gone most of the week too
phlapjack77
Germane to our quick discussion earlier on writing:
Cory Doctorow on writing
Tecumseh
Happy New Year! A new post is up. Pbangarth, go ahead and post when you get the opportunity. Let me know if there's anything specific that Stogie is doing.
pbangarth
Jake is such a whore. He'll sleep with anybody. I'll post IC later today.
Tecumseh
Oh he's not that bad. He's only hooked up with Stogie and Ellesar. Sure, one right after the other might raise eyebrows in some circles, but this is the progressive world of 2072ish!

Slight retcon from last night's post. The signal strength of the Sony Emperor is average, not weak. For whatever reason, the Chummer print-out puts Response first and Signal last, which threw me off.

But, as it happens, the group is about 400m outside of town (see the green pin), which is the edge of the effective range for the Emperor. (The highway, for reference, is maybe 700m away.) Going into "town" tomorrow may improve reception.
Tecumseh
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jan 8 2013, 11:30 PM) *
He walks a road, horizons change.

Smohalla walks in his dreams? I wouldn't have guessed.
phlapjack77
I wanted to keep my plagiarism mostly pure smile.gif
Tecumseh
Stogie's animal handling test >>> 4 HITS

Stogie's memory test >>> 1 HIT, GLITCH
pbangarth
If it was going to happen, better this way I suppose. Unfortunately, I have a line of action I would like to follow, but Stogie doesn't remember the grooming shop. Probably a red herring anyway. I'll think up something.
Tecumseh
Atropos, you can have Ellesar wake up if you think his big elfy ears would hear the howling. Phlapjack, Smohalla is probably out of luck with his reduced hearing.
Tecumseh
Pbangarth, Jake's reaction is up to you. I don't know if he's "intact", if you will.
pbangarth
Jake's not been neutered, as Stogie was interested in breeding a good line of herders, but if Lady is not in heat, there won't be all that much incentive for Jake to mount. Mounting can be a dominance thing, too, so Lady may actually be the first to try it. I don't know how the current emotional situation would affect that. Probably she would be a bit tentative. Jake, though, while being not overtly aggressive, will not stand for any dog dominating him. she'll get the message clearly should she try.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Jan 15 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Atropos, you can have Ellesar wake up if you think his big elfy ears would hear the howling. Phlapjack, Smohalla is probably out of luck with his reduced hearing.

No worries smile.gif I'm enjoying reading the current story developing.
AtroposReborn
Poor Ellesar never can get a good night's rest.
Tecumseh
It can be morning / sunrise now. Anything you were waiting to do for the daylight? Let me know and we'll fast forward.
Tecumseh
Alright, enough culinary posts from me. Pbangarth, what time is Stogie going to place a call? Atropos, Phlapjack, let me know what your characters are up to as well.
phlapjack77
Heh, I was going to say I would edit my post, then I read the whole of your post smile.gif
Tecumseh
QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Jan 21 2013, 12:32 AM) *
Such are the possibilities of the Awakened World.

This is basically the point I was trying to make. Shadowrun has such a cool setting but sometimes it can get glossed over in the course in play. So many features of the Sixth World deserve better description and I'm having a good time exploring that here. What is it like to initiate? Why fly straight there when you can fly around the world just as quickly? At least, that's what I would do if I were there.
phlapjack77
It's cool - glad I could contribute (however unintentionally) to your exploration of the Sixth world smile.gif

Now I want to write up something about Smohalla's initiation...we'll see what the weekend brings.
pbangarth
Has it been several days? I thought it was only two and a half.
Tecumseh
Let's see if we can count the number of nights, since that's the easiest way for me to track the passage of time:

1 - cave above Greenwater
2 - at the Sisters' camp
3 - Smohalla at the site of the encounter with the three mercs, Stogie & Ellesar at camp
4 - last night at Greenwater

You spoke with Gunny in the morning four days ago. In case it makes keeping track of things easier for anyone, I'm going to say that events began on November 3, 2072 (a Thursday). It is now the morning of November 7th, a Monday.
pbangarth
How did we get across this river?
Tecumseh
You walked across. The water's not that deep and you're seasoned outdoorsmen. The old guy with the big belly just isn't feeling it.
phlapjack77
Now's a great opportunity for us to get ourselves a shiny new SUV! Dibs on the warm jacket. biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
I'm 5/128 Choctaw...and so I'm able to be a registered member of the Choctaw Tribe of Oklahoma. I get birthday cards from the chief every year! Only perk so far...
Tecumseh
Yes, excellent example. When the Sixth World emerges (any day now...) Phlapjack will be welcomed with open arms as the rest of population is led out of the country at gunpoint. Enjoy Oklahoma, Phlapjack, once you have it!
phlapjack77
I'll put in a good word for you white devils when the Awakening hits. Now if only I could find my tribal membership card...
Tecumseh
Where are my players not named Phlapjack? It's been a week - let's get some posts going.
Tecumseh
Alright, you're back in Greenwater, somewhat closer to civilization. Where to go? What to do?
Tecumseh
Phlapjack, the territory of the Shahptian Wanapum is about 200km (as the eagle flies) from your current location, unless you have a different understanding of their land than I do. Were you thinking of visiting in person or just manifesting over there?

Atropos, you still with us?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Feb 8 2013, 08:28 AM) *
Phlapjack, the territory of the Shahptian Wanapum is about 200km (as the eagle flies) from your current location, unless you have a different understanding of their land than I do. Were you thinking of visiting in person or just manifesting over there?

I was thinking that Smohalla would visit astrally, unless the contacting of other people took some time and we were sitting around in Greenwater for awhile. I was kind of waiting to see the result of this interaction first.

And sorry for my lack of attention, it's Chinese New Year over here so things are going to go slowly this whole week.
pbangarth
Oh yeah! You're over there! Must be a swell party going on!
phlapjack77
Yeah, it's a warzone here smile.gif Or at least, it sounds like one...

Happy year of the snake!
pbangarth
That's my sign. Intelligent and wise. That am I.

Hitting 60 this year. Woohoo!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 12 2013, 06:13 AM) *
That's my sign. Intelligent and wise. That am I.

ah HA! Now we know how old you are!

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 12 2013, 06:13 AM) *
Hitting 60 this year. Woohoo!

Oh...that kind of took the fun out of it nyahnyah.gif

Congratulations on being 60! I'm also a snake, hitting 36 this year...
pbangarth
What are the chances Atropos is too?
phlapjack77
<ping> smile.gif
pbangarth
Sorry, folks. Got distracted at work and with family. I'm all over the place this weekend. I'll try to find some time to post something pithy and useful.
phlapjack77
Not pinging you per se, just a general ping since there hasn't been any posting in awhile smile.gif
pbangarth
AFC till Sunday or Monday, then again Tuesday to Friday. Go ahead and do stuff, guys. Stogie will tag along.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012