Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (Sorta) New Shadowrun Browser Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Stahlseele
he already said it would probably happen around that point of time, if i remember correctly ._.
DV8
Right now, making mages and shamans more viable player characters is fairly high on the todo list. Spell pool first, then integrating spells and strategies for spells into PvP. Also, with the many people complaining about PvP ruining their playing experience, I'm going to have to think about how to solve that, or see whether dedicated players will come up with a smart strategy to punish PK'ers or circumvent them.
Stahlseele
OK, two things:
1.) http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/topic/sr-b...owrun-corrosion < = wasn't me!
2.) go enjoy your holidays man!
Squinky
I love the PVP type games. But only when dealing with those that enjoy it as well. It adds a level to the game that keeps me coming back, keeps me checking.

I was bummed with the change, especially since right before it happened I got farmed like crazy from a certain player and I never got to repay the favor smile.gif

Additional content that will come later will help out though.
Stahlseele
seems to be experiencing some slight problems right now:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/www/wiredreflexes.com/srx/php/functions/goConnect.php on line 3 Connection failed! Could not connect: 2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
DV8
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 13 2012, 12:28 PM) *
seems to be experiencing some slight problems right now:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/www/wiredreflexes.com/srx/php/functions/goConnect.php on line 3 Connection failed! Could not connect: 2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Yeah, I'm looking into it. My database won't come back online. My apologies.
Stahlseele
No sweat, we know you can do it.
DV8
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 13 2012, 02:29 PM) *
No sweat, we know you can do it.

I did it. Sort of. My database is dying a bit, but it's up and running again. smile.gif
Stahlseele
Fluttershy:"yay"
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 13 2012, 07:40 AM) *
Fluttershy:"yay"
*Shudders* Shadowbronies.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 13 2012, 05:27 PM) *
*Shudders* Shadowbronies.

Now imagine a 3.5m tall Troll with Hard-Maxed Body and STR going:"yay" in a tiny little voice.
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 13 2012, 11:46 AM) *
Now imagine a 3.5m tall Troll with Hard-Maxed Body and STR going:"yay" in a tiny little voice.
Wearing Pixie Wings.
Stahlseele
i thought those vanished once ripped off?
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 13 2012, 01:36 PM) *
i thought those vanished once ripped off?
Troll-sized ones made out of coat hangers and multicolours nylons.
Dr.Rockso
I ran a one-shot where my players had to take out a group of six female terrorists holed up in an abandoned office building. After sneaking by a green and purple dragon, duking it out with a nightone mage and ganking someone with frizzy pink hair wielding a flamethrower, some of them were getting suspicious. The faceoff against two street sams, one of them with a rainbow mohawk, sealed it. The expressions on their faces were priceless.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 14 2012, 10:24 AM) *
I ran a one-shot where my players had to take out a group of six female terrorists holed up in an abandoned office building. After sneaking by a green and purple dragon, duking it out with a nightone mage and ganking someone with frizzy pink hair wielding a flamethrower, some of them were getting suspicious. The faceoff against two street sams, one of them with a rainbow mohawk, sealed it. The expressions on their faces were priceless.

????? Did I miss something?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 14 2012, 06:39 PM) *
????? Did I miss something?

MLP Reference the whole thing.
Green and Purple Dragon: Spike
Nightone Mage probably Twilight Sparkle.
Frizzy Pink Hair and Flame-Thrower: Pinkie Pie
Rainbow Mohawk: Rainbow Dash.
The other is probably Applejack.

Only Rarity has not been mentioned.
Dr.Rockso
eek.gif
You forgot Fluttershy!

But yeah, Rarity and Fluttershy were there as well. With Gummy and Opal, even.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 14 2012, 12:24 PM) *

This is terrible, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

For not giving the players that group to play as!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 14 2012, 09:45 AM) *
MLP Reference the whole thing.
Green and Purple Dragon: Spike
Nightone Mage probably Twilight Sparkle.
Frizzy Pink Hair and Flame-Thrower: Pinkie Pie
Rainbow Mohawk: Rainbow Dash.
The other is probably Applejack.

Only Rarity has not been mentioned.

Still no clue, but that is oay. MLP is a Computer Game? or an Anime?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 14 2012, 06:57 PM) *
eek.gif
You forgot Fluttershy!

But yeah, Rarity and Fluttershy were there as well. With Gummy and Opal, even.

right, i did. did not see her mentioned anywhere either.
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 14 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Still no clue, but that is oay. MLP is a Computer Game? or an Anime?

My little Pony - Friendship is Magic.
It's an animated series.
You should watch it.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 14 2012, 01:19 PM) *
It's an animated series.
You should watch it.

Yes. Yes, you should.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 14 2012, 11:19 AM) *
right, i did. did not see her mentioned anywhere either.

It's an animated series.
You should watch it.

Got it...
KarmaInferno
Also post in this thread when you're done.

-k
Darkeus
Why, oh why would anybody bring back My Little Pony.... smile.gif
Critias
QUOTE (Darkeus @ Jun 15 2012, 01:01 AM) *

You keep talking like that, a herd of these brony dudes are gonna stampede all over you.
Darkeus
Bronies....

Lol, sounds like something from teh Jersey Shore.... nyahnyah.gif

Hey, watch what you want to watch.... smile.gif
Critias
QUOTE (Darkeus @ Jun 15 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Hey, watch what you want to watch.... smile.gif

Don't look at me, pal. Never seen it, likely never will. Truth be told, that's largely because of the fanatical following it's gotten, in certain circles.

But, at any rate, this hasn't got much to do with Shadowrun: Corrosion, has it?
Darkeus
QUOTE (Critias @ Jun 15 2012, 02:35 AM) *
Don't look at me, pal. Never seen it, likely never will. Truth be told, that's largely because of the fanatical following it's gotten, in certain circles.

Nope.

It does not.

Best we get back to that subject. smile.gif
CanRay
Shadowbronies scare me.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Darkeus @ Jun 15 2012, 01:01 AM) *

The long answer is that Lauren Faust, the woman behind it all, was a huge fan of My Little Pony when she was a kid, back in the eighties, and wanted to redo the show with a modern, slick art style (done in Flash, actually,) and, above all else, a massive, crucial emphasis on good storytelling and telling the story without talking down to anyone or making the same kind of retarded assumptions about the mental capacity of their viewers.

So, instead of being a 22-minute toy commercial which was a blatant endeavor to cram as many characters into one episode as a child could remember while dragging their parents through the toy aisle, she created an ensemble cast of primary characters (the eponymous the 'Mane Six,' consisting of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie,) wrapped consistent, well-written supporting characters and a set location around them, and then proceeded to make seasons of slice-of-life action interspersed with dramatic adventure.

So basically it's Ponyville: Deep Space 9. And all the same reasons people like DS9 - storytelling, the cast, the consistent setting, consistent problems that give the supporting and main cast grief - are why My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has such a strong appeal outside of its target demographic.

QUOTE (Critias @ Jun 15 2012, 01:02 AM) *
You keep talking like that, a herd of these brony dudes are gonna stampede all over you.

Summon. The. HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

Nah, just messin' with ya. smile.gif

QUOTE (Critias @ Jun 15 2012, 01:35 AM) *

The fandom really isn't that fanatical. Besides, like all fandoms, it's relatively easy to ignore the truely nutbar segments and just enjoy the show. Go on, try it. By the first episode, you'll be going "Okay, that wasn't as terrible as I was expecting." By the second, you'll be "Huh.... Okay, so what happens to them now?" Then you'll find yourself grinding through all of the first two seasons on YouTube and come out the other end, pony-eyed and annoyed that that's all of it for now.

Not yet.

DV8, how about coding sentient ponies in as races? Earthponies should be fucktardedly durable but take penalties on shooting or using melee weapons, Pegasi should be fucktardedly quick but take penalties on shooting or using melee weapons, and Unicorns should be able to levitate weapons, giving them huge melee reach and letting them shoot without penalty, but obliging them to take the Magician quality as Priority A. smile.gif

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 15 2012, 01:50 AM) *
Shadowbronies scare me.

My Little Shadowpony: Friendship is Nuyen.
Tiny Deev
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jun 15 2012, 07:58 AM) *
DV8, how about coding sentient ponies in as races? Earthponies should be fucktardedly durable but take penalties on shooting or using melee weapons, Pegasi should be fucktardedly quick but take penalties on shooting or using melee weapons, and Unicorns should be able to levitate weapons, giving them huge melee reach and letting them shoot without penalty, but obliging them to take the Magician quality as Priority A. smile.gif

Even if my brother would agree to that, I would have to put my foot down. No ponies in my game, over my dead body. nyahnyah.gif
Jeremiah Kraye
It's all fun and games till a highly augged exotic chica at a club wants to invite you over for a pony show...
Stahlseele
SR4 has sentient Centaurs, there might just be a market for that kind of snuff . .
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Tiny Deev @ Jun 15 2012, 04:59 AM) *
Even if my brother would agree to that, I would have to put my foot down. No ponies in my game, over my dead body. nyahnyah.gif

Oh, come on, you know you want to see it...
Stahlseele
If only for Trolling/Raaageee! ^^
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 15 2012, 11:24 AM) *
If only for Trolling/Raaageee! ^^

Exactly. And to see a cybered-up Earthpony engaging in hand-to-hoof combat with a cybertroll.

You gonna get bucked!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
*Shakes head in dismay*
CanRay
Could be worse. Those ghouls I keep killing could sparkle.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 15 2012, 07:18 PM) *
*Shakes head in dismay*

Just give it a Try.
If you don't like it, the Herd will accept it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 15 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Just give it a Try.
If you don't like it, the Herd will accept it.

Heh... May do that... smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 15 2012, 01:35 PM) *

I think the bounty actually goes up if you kill a ghoul which sparkles.

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 15 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Heh... May do that... smile.gif

Well, I linked you previously to the pilot episode, Friendship is Magic, Part 1: The Mare in the Moon. Here is Friendship is Magic, Part 2: The Elements of Harmony.

The names may sound cheesy, but let me put it this way:
[ Spoiler ]

If that sounds like it could be the opening of a D&D campaign, that's because it has all the proper elements of meeting a group, building up to a dastardly reveal, and the heroic adventurers deciding to do something about it.

They just happen to all be members of the taxonomic family Equidae and have the names Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 15 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Man, I so want to play in that game... smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jun 15 2012, 10:23 PM) *
Man, I so want to play in that game... smile.gif

Ask CanRay, maybe he'll run it for you . .
I heard he has some free time, since he doesn't get to play shadowrun himself . . *runs for his life*
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 15 2012, 03:29 PM) *
Ask CanRay, maybe he'll run it for you . .
I heard he has some free time, since he doesn't get to play shadowrun himself . . *runs for his life*

You know he's going to get you for that, right?
Stahlseele
And deservedly so, but eh, no run, no fun, right? ^^
CanRay
The curse is starting to extend beyond Shadowrun now. frown.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Well, since you have so much time not occupied by gaming, you might as well fill it with ponies!
Sengir
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 15 2012, 06:35 PM) *

What's wrong with covering ghouls in Zirconium powder? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012