Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Stalking the Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fenris
Ama and Mato

Bishop, if you have a background skill in Magical Threats, Parazoology, or something similar, you can roll that. You definitely identify that Ama no longer smells like Ama.

Ganger 1 - Reaction(6) + Wound Modifiers(-2) + Multiple Previous Attacks(-1) (3d6.hits(5)=1) (And I just remembered the -2 you mentioned, so 0 successes).

Soak - 1/2 Impact Armor (1) + Body(3) (4d6.hits(5)=2)

Ganger 1 takes 8P.

Third pass
Ganger 3 - 12
Mato - 13/3
Ama - 11/4 <<
Ganger 3/4 - 10
Ganger 5/6 - 9
Ganger 1(8P/6S) - 8/1

Ama, you're up!

NotsoevilDM - Normally it would be more complicated. You'd have to identify the dog's node, and either use the security account you forged on the system and hope it's legit, or hack your way in. No anything that you couldn't do, it just all takes actions. In the more cinematic style here, I'm fine with hand waving some of the details...you have an Admin account already, so it's reasonable. As a note, you should also specify if you're leaving the node you're currently in to access another node. Based on what I read, I assumed you were active in both nodes, currently. If that wasn't your intent, next time please let me know.

Finding a hidden node that you don't know the physical location of is Detect Hidden Node (15+, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Action. You've got 5 hits so far.

In order to Analyze a node, you have to have located it.

For the dog - There is not a living brain there as you would note it in the node (i.e., the brain has no autonomous control over the dog's functions). System Rating is 6, Currently running: Analyze, a Biomoniter Feedback program, Pilot(Dog), Targeting(Natural Attack), Clearsight, Adaptibility. As for more interesting bits, you can reference the chart on page 228 to get an idea of other questions, or come up with specific questions.
BishopMcQ
Relevant Knowledge Skills:
Magical Threats (7d6.hits(5)=2)
The Infected (8d6.hits(5)=4)
Buddha72
Unarmed + Agility (+2 Superior Position)
9d6.hits(5)=4

Base damage is 2S.
Fenris
Ama and Mato

Mato, you're positive that Ama has become Infected, but with a much more powerful variant than the creatures that tore through your village. She's Nosferatu.

Ganger 3 - Impact Armor(2) + Body(3) (5d6.hits(5)=3)

Fourth Pass
Ganger 3(3S) - 12
Mato - 13/3
Ama - 11/4 <<
Ganger 3/4 - 10/1
Ganger 5/6 - 9/1
Ganger 1(8P/6S) - 8/1

Ama, you're up again.

Notsoevildm
Not sure if it's just an issue command to open the door or a spoof test (think it's the same dice though).
Computer 4 + Command 5 / Hacking 4 + Imp. ability 2 + Spoof 3 = 9d6.hits(5)=3

Fenris
NotsoevilDM - You've got Admin access, so a simple Command will do it.
Buddha72
Unarmed Combat + Agility (+2 Superior Position)
9d6.hits(5)=2

Base damage is 2S.
UmaroVI
I'm waiting on computer repair, will be back to post Wednesday.
Fenris
No prob, Umaro. The game's pretty hand-picked, so I'm not stressing the post speed biggrin.gif
Fenris
Ama and Mato

Ganger 3 - Impact Armor(2) + Body(3) (5d6.hits(5)=3)

First Pass
Mato - 13/3 <<
Ama - 11/4
Ganger 3(6S) - 10
Ganger 3/4 - 10/1
Ganger 5/6 - 9/1
Ganger 1(8P/6S) - 8/1

Mato and Ama, you can both give me perception rolls with a -3 dice pool modifier.

Mato, you're up! Sorry about that, didn't realize Buddha posted the last strike so quickly after my last post.

BishopMcQ
Perception + Intuition (7d6.hits(5)=3) (Forgot about the -3, but backing off the last dice still is 3 hits.)

Agi 3 + Boost 4 + Unarmed 5 + Imp Ability 2 + Reach 1 + Opponent Prone 3 (18d6.hits(5)=7) My plan is to grab the downed ganger and charge up the stairs using his body as cover (and later an improvised weapon). The Subdue mechanic is the closest I see to grabbing someone and keeping them from moving. Let me know if I should roll something else instead (called shot maybe?).

Str (11) + Net hits versus his Body if Subdue.
Buddha72
Perception + Intuition (-3 Distracted)
6d6.hits(5)=3

Audio
2d6.hits(5)=1
Fenris
Bishop and Buddha

Subdue seems fine.
Block - Reaction(6) + Unarmed(2) + Unarmed(2) + Wound Modifiers(-2) + Prone(-2) (8d6.hits(5)=3)

Resist subdual - Body(3) (3d6.hits(5)=0)

I'll say anyone firing at you from the general direction of the front needs to make a called shot (-4) to hit you instead of the ganger, and god help the glitches smile.gif

Ama and Mato both notice that the small thing is a comlink, Ama, you'll note that it's a Fairlight Caliban. obviously armored, with a biometric lock on it.

First Pass
Mato - 13/3
Ama - 11/4 <<
Ganger 3(6S) - 10 - burned pass
Ganger 3/4 - 10/1
Ganger 5/6 - 9/1
Ganger 1(8P/6S) - 8/1

Ama, you're up!

NotsoevilGM - Just as a note for future reference, Noisyboy doesn't actually make noises like that. It doesn't empathize, doesn't get anxious or nervous, and doesn't whimper, whine, or even really react unless directly threatened (at least, it doesn't evidence any of those reactions externally). There may be other stimulus that will enact responses, but you don't know those yet smile.gif
Buddha72
Simple Action to pick up the commlink and then another Simple Action to throw on a coat from one of the thug's in the room.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Fenris @ Nov 24 2012, 08:49 PM) *
NotsoevilGM - Just as a note for future reference, Noisyboy doesn't actually make noises like that. It doesn't empathize, doesn't get anxious or nervous, and doesn't whimper, whine, or even really react unless directly threatened (at least, it doesn't evidence any of those reactions externally). There may be other stimulus that will enact responses, but you don't know those yet smile.gif
Edited the previous post to take that bit out and then took some advantage of it in the next post!
Fenris
NotsoevilGM - Awesome! I like it!

Ama and Mato -

Second Pass
Mato - 13/3 <<
Ama - 11/4
Ganger 3(6S) - 10/1 - burned pass
Ganger 3/4 - 10/1
Ganger 5/6 - 9/1
Ganger 1(8P/6S) - 8/1

Mato, you're up!
UmaroVI
Boots is looking for a good target for this. He wants someone who is alone (at least for the moment - he can go through most walls so he's fine grabbing someone when they go to the bathroom or whatever), and not awakened. Ideally he'd want someone who is drunk/on drugs [he can tell this with Assensing], "out of place" (he'd have to base this on how other people are acting, which he might have some trouble with from the astral), or both; someone like a bum or panhandler would be perfect, but he'll settle for what he can find in a reasonable amount of time to not keep Sean waiting.

Possession roll: Force x2 (6x2)=12d6, opposed by Willpower+Intuition. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3804458/ 6 hits.
BishopMcQ
Agi 3 + Boost 4 + Unarmed 5 + Imp Ability 2 + Reach 1
15d6.hits(5)=1

Edge 14d6.hits(5)=4 5 hits total
Fenris
NotsoevilDM - Give me a Judge Intentions (Charisma + Intuition) roll please!

Umaro - Intuition(4) + Willpower(2) (6d6.hits(5)=1)
The lady didn't resist.

BishopMcQ - Reaction(6) + Unarmed(2) (8d6.hits(5)=1) to resist grappling, Body(3) (3d6.hits(5)=1) against your body + Net hits (Obviously didn't make it).

Second Pass
Mato - 13/3
Ama - 11/4 <<
Ganger 3/4 - 10/1
Ganger 6 - 9/1
Ganger 1(8P/6S) - 8/1

Ama, you're up! Up closer now, you can clearly see that the girl is dressed in your jumpsuit.

Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Fenris @ Dec 3 2012, 05:33 AM) *
NotsoevilDM - Give me a Judge Intentions (Charisma + Intuition) roll please!

Judge intentions: Cha 2 + Int 5 = 7d6.hits(5)=2
You may want to knock of one dice for Virtual personality (wont affect result if its the last one) and raise the threshold for success by one because he is also Oblivious. What can I say, he grew up in a lab!
Buddha72
OK going to attack two different people on the stairs - using Wall Running to get a better vantage point to attack from.

Martial Arts + Agility vs 1st Target (+2 Superior Position)
6d6.hits(5)=1

Martial Arts + Agility vs 2nd Target (+1 Multistrike, +2 Superior Position)
6d6.hits(5)=2

Base damage is 2S *strikes muscle pose*
UmaroVI
Boots is using infiltration. Since he's possessing a vessel, his Agility depends on what the woman's was. I'm rolling dice as if she had a 5 - just drop them off the end of the roll.

Infiltration (4) + Agility (2) + Vessel's Agility(?)=6+(vessel's agility)d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3811692/, that would be 4 hits if she had agility 4 or 5, and 3 hits if she had agility 1,2, or 3, so most likely 3 hits.
Fenris
I've been out of town on business this week, and massive party this weekend, so I'll be picking things up tomorrow.
Fenris
NotsoevilGM
Charisma(5) + Willpower(5) (10d6.hits(5)=5)

All Shivan gets is earnest and sincere desire to help from BigPanda.

Buddha
Ganger 3 and Ganger 4 - Reaction(6) (6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3)

Looks like they both narrowly avoided a beating smile.gif

Third Pass
Mato - 13/3 <<
Ama - 11/4
Ganger 3/4 - 10/1
Ganger 6 - 9/1

Mato, you're up.

Umaro - Woman's agility is 2, so backing off the last three dice leaves you with 3 hits. A few people see you, but nobody bothers you.
Fenris
Hi guys!

Christmas was pretty hectic, but posting IC now. Buddha had a great idea for the holidays, so passing out an extra 5 karma as my gift to you. Thanks everyone for keeping with the weird nature of the thread, and in maintaining our mutual patience and tolerance for the somewhat slower nature of the thread.

Mato - Were you planning on doing anything else? You still have two Simples or a Complex by my count (talking and moving being action independent).

Umaro - Can I get a Pilot(Groundcraft) roll please, at +1 dice for Handling? Threshold is 1.
BishopMcQ
Sorry, I figured it was a complex to keep the hold (like a melee action).
Buddha72
Correct! Give that man a cigar!

Fenris how do we go about spending karma in this game?
Fenris
Good call, Bishop. So, Ama, you're up!

I'll update the OP to reflect these.

Improving Characters
  • Most skills can be improved at any time. Any number of skills can be increased, however, no skill can be raised more than one point per week.
  • Martial Arts will require an instructor or tutorsoft, and martial arts advantages require a flesh-and-blood tutor.
  • Spells require spell formulae
  • Initiation and Submersions require in-game components
  • Metamagics require magician or free spirit tutors.
  • All other rules (like time for bonding foci) all still apply.
Buddha72
Character Improvements
Unarmed 1 to 2 (4)
Archery 1 to 2 (4)
Blades 1 to 2 (4)
Thrown 1 to 2 (4)

Total: 16

OK going to cast Manaball at Force 5.

Manaball (+2 dice for Combat spells)
9d6.hits(5)=6

Drain (4P DV)
12d6.hits(5)=3

1 box of Physical damage.
Fenris
Umaro, still looking for that Pilot:Groundcraft roll please.
UmaroVI
I'm sorry, I totally overlooked that part of your post.

Unless the lady is Reaction 1, Boots is going to have 9 reaction (since he has 7 and humans cap at 9). If she does have a 1, knock off the last die.

Reaction (9) - Defaulting (1) + Handling (1) = 9d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3848110/ 2 hits either way.
UmaroVI
Boots is using Assensing on Fleet. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3853218/ 2 hits.
Fenris
Bishop and Buddha - Willpower(3) (3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=0)

5S and 6S stun, respectively.

Fourth Pass
Mato - 13/3
Ama - 11/4 <<<
Ganger 4(6S) - 10/1
Ganger 6 - 9/1

Ama is up!

Umaro - You'll recognize his aura, and you can see implants in his head, spinal column, and what you'd recognize as his central nervous system, if you knew what a central nervous system was smile.gif He's mundane, and healthy, and his general emotional state is wary and disgusted.
UmaroVI
Boots is going to ditch the woman. The plan is:

Go somewhere isolated, and with some random animals (pigeons, rats, strays, whatever) around.

Drop possession on her.

Possess some nearby critter (doesn't really matter what).

Alter Memory her to replace the carjacking with a blackout.

Possessing some critter: Force(6)x2 = 12d6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3854727/, using Realistic Form so he still just looks like a pigeon or whatnot.

Alter Memory at Force 3: Spellcasting (6)+Magic (6) + Manipulation Specialization (2) = 14d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3854729/ 6 hits, capped at 3, resisted with Willpower.

Drain: Intuition (5) + Willpower (5) = 10d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3854730/ 6 hits again, no drain.
Fenris
Umaro - Willpower(2) (2d6.hits(5)=0)

As far as you can tell, memory's erased.
UmaroVI
Boots is going to head back to Sean, turn Realistic Form on and off so Sean can recognize him, and follow (presumably home).
Fenris
NotsoEvilDM - Can you please adjust the font and color on your post? Unspoken digital communication should be #FFFACD and Times New Roman.

Umaro - +3 XP for completing the car theft.

OP updated.
Buddha72
Willpower + Charisma (3) (Mentor Spirit disadvantage)
12d6.hits(5)=3

Ok so Ama will not escalate the conflict.

Summoning (Force 4 Spirit of Man)
7d6.hits(5)=1

Edge Reroll
6d6.hits(5)=3

Spirit Resistance
4d6.hits(5)=1

Drain 2 DV
12d6.hits(5)=5

Optional Power
Movement

No drain and 3 services till the next sunset/dawn.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Fenris @ Jan 11 2013, 07:30 AM) *
NotsoEvilDM - Can you please adjust the font and color on your post? Unspoken digital communication should be #FFFACD and Times New Roman.
Done.

Regarding the dog/drone, I want to investigate it's capabilities a bit more with the eventual goal of giving at least some control back to the dog inside - likely a long term goal as it's possibly completely bonkers from the cyberware and being trapped in the mirror cage. I'll put up some rolls later
Fenris
NotSoEvilDM - Sounds good. Will give me another reason to dive back into Running Wild and the brainwashing rules in Arsenal and Augmentation biggrin.gif
Fenris
Buddha - All of Ama's gear sans commlink and armored jumpsuit ends up in the pile.
BishopMcQ
Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Scent 2 (9d6.hits(5)=1) (Wow, that was a lot of 2s)

Can I smell Ama's old scent on the jumpsuit that Amy is wearing?

Fenris
That is a lot of 2's!

And yes, though it's quickly being replaced by this woman's scent as she figuratively bleeds fear all over it wink.gif

And, of course, its Ama's old smell. Not her new one.
Fenris
Buddha and Bishop - Assuming you guys have dropped out of combat for the moment, since nobody's shooting. Feel free to squish people or take actions as seems reasonable.
UmaroVI
I am traveling so might not be posting/ much until Saturday.
Buddha72
Spending a service for Movement on Ama and Mato along with the service to defend us should we be attacked - leaving one service left over.
BishopMcQ
Alright, I believe the general plan for Ama and Mato is to interrogate the leaders, scout out for clues about Samael, and then scoot before the gangers find their backbones. Tracking/hunting for Samael to follow.

Drain for Attribute Boost (after 8 Combat Turns)
Body 12 + Willpower 4 -- DV 4S (16d6.hits(5)=6)

Perception (Scent) looking specifically for Infected scents.
Scent (9d6.hits(5)=3)

Fenris
Buddha - You heard Mato speaking of a Babs, and you clearly heard her shouting from outside. Did you want to include her or her vehicle in the movement effect? You should have just enough force for that.

Bishop - You'll pick up a collection of Infected scents, including Ama's. It's impossible to tell which it might have been, but there's at least a half-dozen scents of Infected in this location.

Based on the modifiers, you're welcome to roll one more dice. You've hit the threshold even at this point, one more success would provide slightly more detail on the group of Infected scents.
BishopMcQ
1d6.hits(5)=0 no extra info frown.gif
Buddha72
I will indeed do that - thanks for the suggestion. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012