Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Stalking the Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fenris
Good grief. Alright, getting things back on track. Need to stop letting this slip.

Resistance rolls for Goons 1 and 4: Willpower (3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=2)
Resistance roll for Samael: Willpower (5d6.hits(5)=1)

Ama and Mato:
Initiatives for the following round:
Goon 6 - 16
Samael - 16
Babs - 15
Goon 1 (10P) - 14
Goon 3 - 14
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 14
Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13
>>Mato - 12/3
Goon 2 - 12

Mato is up!

NotSoEvilGM - As a note, the operating room isn't truly a separate node, though it is effectively a separate icon that can be analyzed.
BishopMcQ
Attacking to Subdue: Unarmed 6 + Agi 3 + Spec 2 + Imp Ability 2 + Reach 1 (14d6.hits(5)=5)

Fenris
Reactive Defense roll: Reaction + Unarmed + Improved Ability + MA bonus (16d6.hits(5)=6) - Nevermind, because it's still the first pass.

Hit, with all five successes. He's grappled, as I understand the rules. To clarify, Bishop, I'm assuming 'immobilized' means can't move away from you, does it also mean can't take any other actions besides breaking the hold?

Fenris
Goon 6 with his long burst at Ama: Automatics + Agility + Smartgun Link - Recoil Penalties + Recoil Comp (9d6.hits(5)=5)

Buddha, are you reactively dodging, or spending an action to dodge? When you do so, please do so with -5 dice to the pool.

DV is 6P plus any net successes on the roll.

Samael Trying to break grapple: Strength + Unarmed + Improved Ability - Wound Penalties (12d6.hits(5)=4)

Edged: Strength + Unarmed + Improved Ability - Wound Penalties - previous hits (8d6.hits(5)=1)

Total of 5.

Goon 3 with his long burst at Ama: Automatics + Agility + Smartgun Link - Recoil Penalties + Recoil Comp (9d6.hits(5)=0)

Wow, I did not actually think I'd see a roll that bad. No defense necessary, apparently!

Goon 4 firing towards Babs with the 10 round burst: Automatics + Agility + Smartgun Link - Recoil Penalties + Recoil Comp (4d6.hits(5)=0)

Ama and Mato:
Goon 6 - 16/?
Samael - 16/?
Babs - 15/1
Goon 3 - 14/?
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 14/?
>>Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13
Mato - 12/3
Goon 2 - 12

Ama is up!
BishopMcQ
To break out of the lock, the defender must take a Complex Action and succeed in a Strength + Unarmed Combat Test with a threshold equal to the net hits scored on the grappling test. Otherwise the defender remains subdued and cannot take any actions requiring physical movement.

I would read that as anything requiring him to use his arms, feet, etc. He could do spellcasting, presuming no geas, activate adept powers (attribute boost etc), or take mental actions for hacking, DNI spurs, etc.
Buddha72
Full Defense w/ Edge (-5 dice, doing a gymnastic dodge)
5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=6

Crap forgot my +1 die for gymnastic dodge from Ninjutsu but I made it anyway. She will close with Goon 6 and I can run 6 meters this action let me know if its enough to close to melee range.

Fenris
Definitely close enough for melee range. Congratulations on that amazing roll!
Fenris
*cough* And this is me realizing that Ama doesn't have an action to take and that I should be bumping things along xD

Ama and Mato:
Goon 6 - 16/?
Samael - 16/?
Babs - 15/1
Goon 3 - 14/?
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 14/?
Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13
>>Mato - 12/3
Goon 2 - 12

Mato is up!
BishopMcQ
Unarmed 6 + Agi 3 + Spec 2 + Imp Ability 2 + Charge 2 + Superior Position 2 (above him)
17d6.hits(5)=5

Applying the Reach as a penalty to him, stacking with his happy wound modifiers.
Fenris
Samael's defense - Reaction + Unarmed + Improved Ability + MA bonus + Wound Penalties (14d6.hits(5)=4) = 1 net success.

Bishop, were you attacking to subdue again? Just checking, as it might change the IC reaction.
BishopMcQ
Yep.
Fenris
Samael breaking the grapple, again! So many wasted actions frown.gif Strength + Unarmed + Improved Ability - Wound Penalties (12d6.hits(5)=8 )

Ama and Mato:
Goon 6 - 16/2
Samael - 16/?
Babs - 15/1
Goon 3 - 14/2
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 14/2
>>Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13/2
Mato - 12/3
Goon 2 - 12/2

Ama is up!
BishopMcQ
Interception Attack as he tries to move out of melee. Subduing still.

Unarmed 6 + Agi 3 + Spec 2 + Imp Ability 2 + Reach 1
14d6.hits(5)=4
Edge - 10d6.hits(5)=4 Total of 8 hits

Edit: If a Subdual hit isn't allowed, it would be 7 hits (Base DV 6P, -3 AP) and his movement is stopped.
Fenris
Bishop - My apologies, forgot to apply your reach as a penalty to his pool, which takes off a success, leaving you two net. I don't think things change, however, as he still breaks that the next action?

I think, according to the book, that you handle subdual per the normal rules of melee combat, so I don't think there's any reason why you wouldn't be able to use all the normal rules, including subduing.

Samael's resistance roll - Reaction + Unarmed + Improved Ability + MA bonus + Wound Penalties (14d6.hits(5)=5)

So, subdued again. Damn you and your happy, grabby arms! ;D Feel free to post something appropriately dramatic in the IC thread.
Buddha72
Quick Draw #1
7d6.hits(5)=2

Quick Draw #2
7d6.hits(5)=2

Ok going to use Two Weapon Style to do attack and defense at the same time.

Melee Strike
8d6.hits(5)=3

Base damage is 3P.
Notsoevildm
Not sure what I need to roll to open the lock:

Hack-on-the-fly:
Computer 4 + Exploit 5 + Codeslinger 2 + Improved ability 2 + Hotsim 2 = 15d6.hits(5)=3

Spoof:
Computer 4 + Spoof 3 + Hotsim 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=2

Let me know if you need more/different rolls.
Fenris
@Buddha - Unless there's an Adept power or something that you're using, the normal Threshold for Quick Draw is 3, which means you'd consume both of your Simple Actions in drawing the weapons.

@NotSoEvil - You think it probably isn't a separate node or a periphery that accepts Commands. You can give me a Matrix Perception (Computer + Analyze) to check it out in more detail.
Buddha72
Yes I am a Mystic Adept with the Quick Draw power. Did you get a copy of my character sheet?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Fenris @ Jun 28 2013, 10:45 PM) *
@NotSoEvil - You think it probably isn't a separate node or a periphery that accepts Commands. You can give me a Matrix Perception (Computer + Analyze) to check it out in more detail.
Computer 4 + Analyze 5 + Hotsim 2 = 11d6.hits(5)=4
Fenris
Buddha - I totally got a copy of your character sheet. I did not look at it over your shoulder and forget to request a formal copy. Totally. biggrin.gif

NotSoEvilDM - It looks like it's an encrypted file archive.

Ama and Mato:

Damage resistance for Goon #6: Agility + Unarmed (6d6.hits(5)=1)

2 net successes sets the damage code at 5P, resisted with impact armor: Body + impact armor (10d6.hits(5)=2)

Impact armor was high enough to convert to stun, so 4S taken.

Goon 6 (4S/-1) - 16/2
Samael (9P(/-2)- 16/?
Babs - 15/1
Goon 3 - 14/2
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 14/2
Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13/2
>>Mato - 12/3
Goon 2 - 12/2

Mato is up!
Fenris
As a note, heading out on vacation for the next week, so posting will be light. I'll try to stay connected, but now guarantees.
BishopMcQ
Maintaining the grapple, and inflicting Stun Damage. 11S resisted with Impact Armor.
UmaroVI
Fenris: just wanted to make sure you hadn't missed this one

QUOTE (UmaroVI @ Jun 18 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Boots

Boots snarled angrily - not at Sean so much as at the whole room. For a moment, his outline looked less like a shaggy stray dog and more like a monstrous hunting dog.

"Come on, Sean, we can't just let this go! Don't tell me you don't want to tear someone's throat out for what they did to us. Do you think Bea would want her family to sit around feeling sorry for themselves instead of getting revenge?"

Fenris
Thanks Umaro, I did miss it, actually. I think you posted while I had the thread in edit mode, so I didn't see it go up.

Just so everyone's clear on my process, I try to catch up all the player responses up when I post the next time, so if I miss one, its probably unintentional.

I should be actually updating soon!
Notsoevildm
Commlink loadout:
Novatech Airwave + Novatech Navi OS + upgraded System and Firewall (Response 4, Signal 3, System 5, Firewall 4)
Active progs: Analyze (ergo) 5, Reality Filter (ergo) 5, Stealth (ergo) 5; Armor 3, Biofeedback filter 3, Browse 5, Decrypt 3, Exploit 5
Matrix progs: Analyze (ergo) 5, Armor 3, Attack 4, Biofeedback filter 3, Browse 5, Command 5, Decrypt 3, Edit 5, Encrypt 3, Exploit 5, Reality Filter (ergo) 5, Scan 5, Sniffer 3, Spoof 3, Stealth (ergo) 5, Track 3

Attempting to decrypt archive:
Computer 4 + Decrypt 3 + Hotsim 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=3
Fenris
Damage Resistance roll for Samael - Impact Armor + Body (16d6.hits(5)=7)

So, 4S taken.

Initiatives for the following round (Pass 4):
Goon 6 (4S/-1) - 16/2
Samael (9P/4S/-2)- 16/3
Babs - 15/1
Goon 3 - 14/2
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 14/2
>>Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13/2
Mato - 12/3
Goon 2 - 12/2

Ama, I think you're the only person with a fourth pass.

NotSoEvilDM - Would you mind copying your commlink loadout into your gear/status post at the beginning of the OOC thread? That would make it super convenient for me to reference.

And unfortunately (I should have mentioned this before) it's an Electronic Warfare + Decryption (plus hotsim or any similar other modifiers) Extended Test (8, 1 complex action). It's fire and forget once you get it started, so you should roll multiple times until you hit the threshold. This does have a negative potential for failure, so you'll be -1 dice for each additional test past the first (So, EW + Decrypt the first time, EW + Decrypt -1 the second time, EW + Decrypt -2 the third time, etc.) Roll till you hit 8!
Notsoevildm
Commlink loadout:
Novatech Airwave + Novatech Navi OS + upgraded System and Firewall (Response 4, Signal 3, System 5, Firewall 4)
Active progs: Analyze (ergo) 5, Reality Filter (ergo) 5, Stealth (ergo) 5; Armor 3, Biofeedback filter 3, Browse 5, Decrypt 3, Exploit 5
Matrix progs: Analyze (ergo) 5, Armor 3, Attack 4, Biofeedback filter 3, Browse 5, Command 5, Decrypt 3, Edit 5, Encrypt 3, Exploit 5, Reality Filter (ergo) 5, Scan 5, Sniffer 3, Spoof 3, Stealth (ergo) 5, Track 3

All Shivan's computer skills are 4 so keeping the first roll if that's okay!

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 3 2013, 06:07 PM) *
Attempting to decrypt archive:
Computer 4 + Decrypt 3 + Hotsim 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=3
EW 4 + Decrypt 3 + Hotsim 2 - 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=3, total 6
EW 4 + Decrypt 3 + Hotsim 2 - 2 = 7d6.hits(5)=1, total 7
EW 4 + Decrypt 3 + Hotsim 2 - 2 = 6d6.hits(5)=2, total 9

Takes four actions!
Fenris
@BishopMcQ - So, I'm not sure if it will even matter at this point, but I totally neglected to add in Ghoul stat bonuses to Samael when I wrote my notes for him down biggrin.gif So, just as a note, dice pools may increase slightly as the GM corrects his oversight. No retconning, however, everything done so far will stay.
Buddha72
Same as last action, Two Weapon Style to attack and defend. Hitting the same guy as last time.

Melee Strike
1,1,3,4,5,6,6,6 = 4 hits (Invisible Castle is down but I had Emilio witness my roll)

Base is 4P.
Fenris
Ama and Mato

Defense roll for Goon #6: Agility + Unarmed - Wound Modifiers (6d6-1d6=5d6): 05 05 04 02 02
Two hits leaves 2 net successes for Ama.

Damage Resistance for Goon #6: Body + Impact Armor (10d6): 03 05 05 01 01 03 01 02 01 06
3 successes against DV 6P. Impact Armor is high enough to convert to stun damage, so 3S damage.

Keeping the same initiative, as I think was everyone's vote last time.

Initiatives for the current round (Pass 1):
Babs - 15/1
Goon 6 (7S/-2) - 1614/2
Samael (9P/4S/-2)- 1614/3
Goon 3 - 14/2
>>Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13/2
Mato - 12/3
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 1412/2
Goon 2 - 12/2

Goon #6 doing a long burst in melee: Agility + Automatics + Smartgun Link - Recoil + Recoil Comp - Wound Modifiers + Ranged Attack in Melee - Point Blank (6d6): 01 05 05 05 06

I need a Reaction roll from Ama against 4 successes, unless you're burning your next action to do Dodge + Reaction. You'll be at -7 dice for the test.

Samael trying to break the grapple again: Strength + Unarmed + Improved Ability - Wound Modifiers (11d6): 05 02 01 03 06 01 03 02 02 05 02

I think with the previous 5 successes, that will eliminate all 8 net successes from the grab.

Ama, you're up!
Buddha72
Even with burning an action I have no dice in my pool so soaking it is my only option. Can I get the damage please?
Fenris
DV is 6P plus net successes, so total of 10 versus ballistic.
Buddha72
Damage Resistance
14d6.hits(5)=5

5 Stun (-1 penalty)

Free Action to drop one sai, Simple Action to get up from the ground from being knocked down then Simple to Quick Draw some shurikens to throw.

Quick Draw (-1 wound penalty)
7d6.hits(5)=1

Nope, not happening.
Fenris
Buddha and Bishop

Initiatives for the current round (Pass 1):
Babs - 15/1
Goon 6 (7S/-2) - 1614/2
Goon 3 - 14/2
Ama - 13/4
Goon 5 - 13/2
>>Mato - 12/3
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 1412/2
Goon 2 - 12/2

Mato is up!
BishopMcQ
To check, is his weapon astrally present? There had been an astral presence near his belt earlier...

If it is not astrally present -- Unarmed 6 + Agi 3 + Spec 2 + Imp Ability 2 + Reach 1
14d6.hits(5)=4

If it is astrally present
Simple to activate Elemental Strike
Simple for Attribute Boost 9d6.hits(5)=4
Fenris
It is astrally present.
Fenris
Probably should have been clearer that I just wanted to give you a chance to post IC before I plowed on biggrin.gif

Buddha and Bishop

Initiatives for the current round (Pass 2):
Babs - 15/1
Goon 6 (7S/-2) - 1614/2
Goon 3 - 14/2
>>Ama - 13/4
Mato - 12/3
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 1412/2
Goon 2 - 12/2

Ama can take an attack at the goon #6 which is fleeing at top speed.

Mato, I need your melee defense roll, and to know whether or not you're burning an action for Full Defense.
Samael's melee - Blades + Weapon Focus + Agility + Personalized Grip - Wound Modifiers (13d6.hits(5)=5) - DV is 5 + net successes

Ama is up!
BishopMcQ
Standard Melee Defense: Reaction 6 + Unarmed 6 + Imp Ability 2
14d6.hits(5)=6
Buddha72
Passing on the Interception attack since he could still be standing then get a free hit when Ama starts running. I relaized I had completely forgotten the Force 4 Spirit of Man I had summoned but I have now so I have Movement taking my rate from 6 to 36 for this pass. So Free Action to drop the shrunken, Simple Action to grab the sai and my last Simple Action to grab Babs and take her with me.

Fenris
Buddha and Bishop

Initiatives for the current round (Pass 2):
Babs - 15/1
Goon 6 (7S/-2) - 1614/2
Goon 3 - 14/2
Ama - 13/4
>>Mato - 12/3
Goon 4 (8P/-2) - 1412/2
Goon 2 - 12/2

Mato, you're up. For reference sake, you're about 8m from ground zero at this point.
UmaroVI
Hey, I couldn't post for a few days but I wanted to let you know I'm not dead and will be catching up.
BishopMcQ
Unarmed 6 + Agi 3 + Spec 2 + Imp Ability 2 + Attrib Boost 4 (Reach cancelled by his weapon)
17d6.hits(5)=4

I'd like to grab Samael in a subdual hold as before, and then turn so the ghoul serves as a living riot shield against the blast. If I end up getting another action before the blast goes off, then maybe move in to the car once he is no longer between me and it.

Also, as a note I'm only going to be checking DSF 1-2 times a week moving forward. You know how to find me if I am slowing things down and need to jump in to post.
Fenris
Umaro - Thanks for the update! No issue yet, as long as you're planning to be back within the next couple of weeks that's fine.

Samael Defensive roll - Blades + Weapon Focus + Reaction + Personalized Grip - Wound Modifiers (15d6.hits(5)=2)

Using Edge! Ridiculous! Blades + Weapon Focus + Reaction + Personalized Grip - Wound Modifiers (13d6.hits(5)=2)

Argh! But, total 4, so I think he avoids being your personal flame shield biggrin.gif

Okay, incoming blast is DV 30P, fire for the High Explosive. I'm going to need a damage resistance roll from Mato against 14P vs 1/2 impact + Body + Fire Resistance, after the fall-off. Ama, you're safe from the blast.

Damage resistance roll for Samael - 1/2 Impact Armor + Body + Fire Resistance (16d6.hits(5)=6) - He's taking 6P from the is going to drop him.

We're dropping out of combat now as I think all the combatants are unconscious or dead.
BishopMcQ
Body 12 + Impact 5 (11/2) + Fire 2
19d6.hits(5)=6

Oww...Taking 8P

Regeneration (at end of Round) Body 12 + Magic 6
18d6.hits(5)=7

Down to 1P
Buddha72
Perception (looking around the 1st floor where the grenades went off)
9d6.hits(5)=2
BishopMcQ
Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + (Scent 2)

9d6.hits(5)=5

4 hits if scent isn't a factor

Looking for survivors, starting the last place I saw Amy and the gangers.

----------

Were any of Samael's goons in or near the car? Mato will crush them first, to secure the area if needed. Also, my reading was that Samael wasn't in a position to fight back, when I ripped out his throat, which is why I didn't post an unarmed roll. It's mainly a flavor thing to ensure that he doesn't regenerate.
Fenris
Bishop - None of them were near the car, unfortunate for them. None of them looked to have survived the blast.
Buddha72
Any gear that can be salvaged? smile.gif
Fenris
Buddha - Ah, of course! About half the gear got destroyed in the explosion.

Salvageable:
  • No grenades smile.gif
  • 2 HK227 (Gas Vent 2, Personalized Grip)
  • Ingram Smartgun X (Gas Vent 2, Personalized Grip)
  • 273 Regular Submachine gun ammo
  • Ares Predator (Personalized grip, barrel mounted silencer)
  • Colt Manhunter (Personalized grip, barrel mounted silencer)
  • 144 XX Heavy Pistol ammo
  • 2 Full Suit Form Fit (3 Fire Resistance, 3 Non-Conductivity)
  • 4 Armored Vest (3 Chemical Protection, 3 Non-Conductivity)
  • 2 Armored Mask (War)
  • 2 Hermes Ikon (Iris Orb, Firewall 5, System 5, Skinlink, subvocal mic, Browse 3, Edit 2, Command 2)
  • 1 Fairlight Caliban (Custom OS, Firewall 6, System 6, Browse 5 ergonomic, Agent 4, Stealth 4 ergonomic, Exploit 4, Attack 4, ECM 4 ergonomic)
  • 24 Stealth RFID tags (12 camera rating 1 + Visual Enhancement 2, 12 directional mic rating 1 + Audio Enhancement 2)
  • 2 Goggles (Image Link, Visual Mag, Flare Comp)
  • 3 earbuds (Audio Enhancement 3, Select Sound filter)
  • Trauma Patch
  • 5 Rating 5 stim patches
  • Medkit Rating 6
  • extra Medkit refill
BishopMcQ
Buddha--From our talks, I'm thinking that we'll take the commlinks and the car. Assense the foci and see what we want to take versus leaving with Amy for her burgeoning talent. Leave most of the guns and armor for the gang (unless you need specific pieces).

Foci:
Belt - Weapon Focus, Rating is lower than your magic, and you'll recognize it's aura if you see it again.
Astral 1 (Wrist) - Force 4 Anchoring Foci with a Health spell currently locked in it
Astral 2 (Ear) - Anchoring Foci, and you'll recognize it's aura if you see if again.
Astral 3 (Back) - Weapon Focus, rating is lower than your magic, and you'll recognize it's aura if you see if again.
Astral 4 (Back) - Force 4 Quickened Health Spell, and you'll recognize it's aura if you see if again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012