Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So do you own firearms in your real life?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Solstice
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Apr 25 2004, 12:29 PM)
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that guns alone won't be nearly as effective as guns and explosives; should I own a LAW to ensure freedom?

~J

You can't make an argument like that Kag. It's false and null and your grasping at straws and you know it.

Two words: Red Dawn

*edit* I can think of numerous examples where an opressed body of people successfully fought in an urban setting. You saying high explosives are the only reason they won there too? I find that hard to accept and I do not give your argument credence.
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Solstice)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Apr 25 2004, 12:29 PM)
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that guns alone won't be nearly as effective as guns and explosives; should I own a LAW to ensure freedom?

~J

You can't make an argument like that Kag. It's false and null and your grasping at straws and you know it.

Two words: Red Dawn

Yeah and in Red Dawn they used rockets, grenades and several other explosives. They used guns to acquire them but they still used them.

So everyone run out and watch Red Dawn for all your rebellion trainig. Patric Swazey and Charlie Sheen will show you how to kill Russian commies trying to take your country over with the help of some latin American country. I can't remember if it was Mexico or Cuba.
Solstice
Well at least you saw the point. The firearms enabled them to capture the high explosives they needed. I can't really see this part of the argument going anywhere so.....
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Solstice)
I can think of numerous examples where an opressed body of people successfully fought in an urban setting.

Against powerful, modern armies such as the one US has at the moment? Great, let's hear them. The last ones you gave were worthless for arguing that you need firearms to beat armies but not explosives, missiles and other heavy weaponry.
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Solstice)
Well at least you saw the point. The firearms enabled them to capture the high explosives they needed. I can't really see this part of the argument going anywhere so.....

Like Austere said against a modern army in a real world situation not a movie world, you would need a supply of explosives before the actual fighting broke out. Chances are you will not get them from the army during combat. Unless you know how to use "duds" to improvise your explosives and are willing to take on squades of troops and try to capture small amounts of explosives at a time. In order to defeat a modern army you will need a ready and steady supply of explosives, either form supporters or a group of good improvisers.

Oh just for the record I support the idea that the second amendment gives the citizens of the US the right to own firearms privately.

I disagree with the idea of the state running a qualification senerio to allow people to buy guns. Here in America as was pointed out already, our government is like a fungus. If given a chance it will start small and then before you know it everything is covered in it. Once we allow them to regulate what is nessecery for gun ownership then they will just keep making it harder and harder to get a firearm. The government will also impose "fees" which will be a tax subsidy that will get increased every year to take up the slack in bloated budgets caused by mis-spending of all the taxes they collect anyway. After awhile the price of the firearm will pale in comparisson to the fees you will have to pay to own the firearm. It will start of as a fee for the background check, then a registrey fee, then you will need to pay a fee to keep liscens up to date. The same thing they do to vehicles. I can see a rule stating that if you go to a firearms school you get something in return, like when you go to driving school you can get your liscense faster and insurance is cheaper, at least in my state.

As for vehicles and the requirements to drive. I knew a guy who took the written part of the test 27 times before he passed and was allowed to drive. I don't think he got to the point of actually getting past the learners pint. He fell of a high rise building, he was a high steel welder, he was until the 15 story fall that is. Any screwball can get a car. Also getting a car is a previlage as they say, we have no law granting every person in America the RIGHT to drive, we do on the other hand have a RIGHT to own guns. Just like a RIGHT to vote and a bunch of other things. Oh yeah the rules fo rowning and driving a car is governed by each individual state, the right ot own a gun is guaranteed by federal law, subject to further restriction by each state.

Besides outlawing guns from the hands of honest citizens will do fuck all for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. If drugs can be smuggled into the country by the ton, why not guns? The only thing you would do is put peopel out of work, the ones who make all our guns, right books and all that stuff. Then create a much larger black market in fireamrs. Prohibition never will work, it will only make people desire those things more. Look at drugs, look at the 20s and 30s with alcohol, hell I hear Domincan cigars are better then Cuban but since Cuban cigars are contraband they are worth twice a Domincan and people desire them more. Drinking is illegal for anyone under 21 in my state, I started when I 15, it was fun, I turned 21 and it was not fun any more, so I stopped. smile.gif

hobgoblin
the problem of cars vs guns logic is that the car isnt designed to kill or injure, in fact they are designed to save lifes (of whoever is inside it. sure that dont help if you impact with a kid playing, thats why there are speed limits) if a accident happens. guns on the other hands are made for one reason and one reason only, killing. and no i have not fired a gun or owned one (alltho there are some shotguns are some now useless rifles on the grounds), the closest i have come of a firearm is a airgun (or bb gun or whatever, uses air to propel small lead pellets).

oh and frag-o, your saying that we should be allowed to drink drive and own firearms from the day we are born? feel free but then stay on your side of the atlantic!

i can see the use for rifles (if they are at best semiautomatic) and shotguns out on the contryside, for hunting or selfdefence against predators but i do not see the need for any kind of firearm in the city, even less so one you can hide in a pocket or under your coat. in fact if there was only law enforcement that was allowed guns then if you stopped someone on the street and they had a gun you would at ones know that something was wrong. as for finding weapon shipments, x-rays and metal detectors works nicely.

thinking stuff like "i need in case the world goes nuts" just feeds the chance that the world in fact goes nuts.
Arethusa
No, hobgoblin, they are designed to transport people. They are no more designed to save lives than a gun i designed to be fun at a shooting range or ensure teh safety of the shooter by not exploding in his or her face.

So let me then ask this question: why must I defend my rights down to only those that I can justify as necessary to you? That mentality is core to a police state, but presumption of guilt and allowance of only the most necessary and defensible rights is a concept absolutely anathema in a free state— like, say, the United States. You might as well extend your analogy and only allow cars that travel at a max speed of 60 mph. After all, why would you ever need more than that?

And preparation for the world going crazy does not cause the world to go crazy. This statement isn't even logically sound enough to deserve a response.
Kagetenshi
On a tangent, I feel that this thread has progressed to the point where I should probably outline my stance on the subject.

I believe in gun control. That being an entirely different animal than gun outlawing. What exactly those controls should be I have not formulated a fully-fledged stance on, but I don't believe that guns (with some exceptions; again, I'm not clear in my own mind yet as to what those should be) should be impossible or even significantly difficult for law-abiding citizens to obtain.

I do, however, feel that the claim that guns need to be kept for defense against tyranny is bull, and that the claim that "free men own guns" is enough bull to fertilize a commercial-scale farming operation for years. If this is about freedom, start telling me about how I should have rockets and other explosives, or maybe how towns should chip in to buy light tanks. Don't tell me that assault rifles, even if magically every man, woman, and child suddenly is proficient with them, are going to do the job.

~J
Frag-o Delux
I don't remember saying anything about driving drunk and carrying guns since birth.

What I said is prohibition doesn't stop people from doing anything, only enticing them to do things they should not, and that was aimed at adults. If a child is brought up right or at least explained to the dangers of driving, drinking and firearms then there shoudln't be a problem. Kids are far to often hidden from "bad" things only to see others involved on the actions they are forbidden to take part in. So when mom and dad are away the kids will play.

I never condon drinking and driving, in fact I think if you drink and drive you should be put in the middle of a crash derby track with a bunch of drunks driving the derby cars. If you make out after all the derby cars are disabled then you can go home if you are run over then I guess you get to go to a grave yard. People who kill people while driving drunk should be put on trail for 1st degree murder, because I feel you had all intent and purpose to get drunk a turn your vehicle into a deadly weapon.

Obvisiously you just want to make an out landish statement about drinking and driving while carrying a gun.

I have fired guns since I was about 8 so yeah I have no problem with kids using firearms as long as the parent is responsible. If the parent is not then he should not be allowed to sue, it si responsibility to take care of your self and kids. Also I was tuaght to respect firearms and in my family we have never had a problem with our guns huting anyone. In fact I know about a dozen families who do have guns, some have arsenals and none of them have ever had a problem with their firearms even with kids around.

Hobgoblin, pull your head out of your ass. If drug dealers were to send there drugs through customs do you think we would have the drug problem we have today? So why would they send their gun shipments through customs? Metal detectors and X-ray machines will find dick, if they are looking for real weapon shipments. They might find some jerk-offs gun he sold on e-bay to another idiot that didn't know you can't ship firearms through the USPS to another residence.

Also cars are only as safe as the government dictates. IF your car manufacturer could get away with it your car would be as safe as sticking a fork in the toaster, sure you may not get cooked the first time, or the second time but sooner or later you die doing it. Car makers claim they are safest to sell cars, like they give a rats ass if you die in a firey wreck.

Ford and Firestone had a huge fight over whos product was causing cars to roll on the highway a few years ago. The tire company said it was because Ford cars did somethign that wor ethe tires out to fast. Ford said it was the tire makers tire being defective. THey spent mor etime blaiming each othe rthen fixign the problem, only because it would have cost both compnaies millions. So they fought each other until a few more had died and only in the face of law suits did either one of the companies do anything. A car company will only do enough to minimize their liability, they have peole who do just that. They decid eif it would be more cost effective to fix the problem or bettle lawsuits.
Frag-o Delux
Kagetenshi, the whole thing on gun control is complete bull. Almost all guns used in a crime are illegaly owned in the first place. Almost all firearms are stolen from the origanil owner to commite a crime.

I can own as many guns as I want right now, will I rob a bank tomorrow? No of course not, if I was going to I would have already done it.

I will shoot some scum bag breaking into my house, yes I would but only enough to stop him. I don't want to go to jail for murdering someone who broke into my house.

I will I do any other crime with a gun? I don't think so I haven't so far so why should I now or later.

And if everyone one in the country was magically profiecent with them may not do the job, but as a tyrant will you take the chance it won't be enough?

There are enough people in this country right now if they so desire could make life hell for the government we are now under. They have the guns, they have the explosive know how, the survival skills and many other things that could be a real pain in the ass to get rid of. Some are also known to have the rockets you referre to. smile.gif

EDIT: I heard there is about 20,000 laws on the books now for gun control. Have they helped? I don't think so. They started a long time ago and crime continues you increase. We still average a murder a day here in Baltimore and I am sure the vast majority of them are with guns. In fact we just had quadruple shooting with a perfectly legal shotgun. A man walked into a bar to settle an arguement wiht another man. Well a shot gun blast to one guys face ended up hitting 3 other people. I bet the guy couldn't get a pistol, so he bought a shotgun.

Last year we had a quintuple shooting. A gang wanted to silence a family who ratted them out. Would they still have killed them without guns? Hell yes, they would have just had to use knives or hammers or something. Look at your martial arts adn organized crime from places wiht extreme gun control. The Japanese had a guy wiht a hunting rifle go crazy, the police had no idea how to handle him. Mos tof your more deadly martial arts were developed for use wiht out weapons becasue tey were forbided at smoe point to the people who decided they needed weapons.
BitBasher
I will shoot some scum bag breaking into my house, yes I would but only enough to stop him. I don't want to go to jail for murdering someone who broke into my house.
Then don't use a gun. If you are not planning on shooting to kill, use a different weapon. A gun is not a wounding weapon it's a lethal weapon. It kills people. Depending on where you live (I live in nevada) I will be far better off statistically killing an intruder that wounding him so he can survive to sue me.
KillaJ
I don't necessarily disagree with the assumption that an armed populace is still no match for a modern, professional army, but I do believe that it is vitally important for that same population to at least have the chance to defend themselves, even if it is only one house at a time. Slim though that chance may be, no man should ever be stripped of it. It doesn't matter how practical one mans resistance may be, every American citizen has the chance to at least go down fighting.
Kagetenshi
I have known people who have carried guns in purses or whatever against the threat of mugging or somesuch who have clearly not known how to use them. In their case, if I wanted to cause them harm and they pulled the gun on me, the only effect would be that I would now have a gun to use against them regardless of whether or not I had one beforehand. I have no idea if it's possible to prevent things like that, and it probably isn't, but until I see that clearly demonstrated people like that will cause me to desire gun control.

~J
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
If this is about freedom, start telling me about how I should have rockets and other explosives, or maybe how towns should chip in to buy light tanks.
That is a horribly inefficient use of resources. Tanks are easy to spot and light tanks can get ripped apart by man-portable rockets. An automated turret defense grid is much more effective, especially if supplimented with remote activated mines.
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Car makers claim they are safest to sell cars, like they give a rats ass if you die in a firey wreck.
They can't sell their cars if everyone's dead. As long as the vehicle keeps its driver alive the statistical majority of the time, they would see it as good enough. A rolling deathtrap that kills 100% of its occupants doesn't inspire resale. Car manufacturers would rather the car break down as soon as they can get away with it while leaving the driver completely alive and interested in buying another car.

Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Then don't use a gun. If you are not planning on shooting to kill, use a different weapon. A gun is not a wounding weapon it's a lethal weapon. It kills people. Depending on where you live (I live in nevada) I will be far better off statistically killing an intruder that wounding him so he can survive to sue me.

I meant to say I would shoot him until he died or gave up. I know he'll sue or I will be sued by his family. And being a white guy in Baltimore I can only pray he is a white guy or I am toast anyway. The point I was trying to make is that I would not empty the clip into him. So if I do have to go to court hopefully the judge will relise I was using just force. Not killing the man to kill him. If I shoot a man and kill him with one shot and stop there I hope the judge sees it as self defense or what ever they call it. If was to go crazy and shoot him ten times and the first shot did the job I will look like a mad man and get screwed. Then had a case here that had a guy shot an intruder, one shot killed him, the home owner walked. Another case had a guy shoot an intruder several times, the first or second shot did the intruder in, the home owner had to pay a fine for using excessive force, but that was after a whole mess load of lea bargaining. IN a third case they had a guy shoot an intruder and continued to follow him out onto the front lawn, the final and fatal shot was in the intruders back. That guy is currently in jail.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Chances are you will not get them from the army during combat.

"Pretty please Mr SAM-crewman, could I borrow your Patriots for a moment? kthx." I wouldn't actually call those chances as much as absolute certainty. You cannot supply yourself in a war against a huge army with gear stolen from said army. If you could, insurgents would likely be doing just that the world over.

But in none of the cases mentioned thus far, or in any other cases that I can come up with (all the different groups fighting in South America, mainly), has anyone ever even attempted that -- begin a war without any serious weaponry whatsoever and then try to steal it from the enemy.

our government is like a fungus.

Then I suggest you start doing something. If your government is that horribly ran, start voting some sane people into it. Although I still don't see exactly what the problem is in this particular case, when you already have agencies directly related to the control of firearms.

What's it cost around there to get a driver's license? Assuming you don't go to any school or course for it.

I'm mainly discussing this as a world-wide topic, however, not one limited to the US. Thus I don't feel restricted by whether you do or do not have a bullshit government. Other countries have well-run governments capable of controlling themselves and the agencies that work for them well enough not to let the kind of worst case scenarios mentioned here happen.

Also cars are only as safe as the government dictates.

In other words, you think it's a very good idea that the government has extensive legislation covering the safety of cars. Then I assume you also think it's a very good idea that the government has extensive legislation covering the safety of firearms, right?
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
QUOTE=Frag-o Delux]Car makers claim they are safest to sell cars, like they give a rats ass if you die in a firey wreck. [/QUOTE]They can't sell their cars if everyone's dead. As long as the vehicle keeps its driver alive the statistical majority of the time, they would see it as good enough. A rolling deathtrap that kills 100% of its occupants doesn't inspire resale. Car manufacturers would rather the car break down as soon as they can get away with it while leaving the driver completely alive and interested in buying another car.

Te point is car makers will do wha tthey think is best for the company. If it is to make cars a little safer fine, but don't expect them to do wha tever they can to save your life. Most of the technology we are seeing put into cars now has been an option for years. Airbags have been availible for years before they were being put into cars. The same with anti-lock brakes. I fforget who is doing it now, but they are making car headlights turn with the steering wheel, because headlights can not see around corners and so with them turning with the steering wheel they will look where you want to turn. Guess what that idea has been arounf since the fifties. So much for car makers really caring. They do enough to not be sued or make it a selling point when sales are slumping.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Te point is car makers will do wha tthey think is best for the company.

Correct. The consumers are neccessary for a company to succeed, but the specific consumer is typically irrelevant. There is another factor related to the features. Cost to make vs. price. Features are added to make a car more desirable than the competition, but other features are held back because there is not enough real demand for such vehicles despite all the shouting for them.
Frag-o Delux
Austere, I believe it costs about $50 US just to take the test, a fee for both tests the written and driving, without school. I think school cost me another $250, but that was so my insurance was lower, so in th elong run it cost me nothing to go to school, in fact I made money off of th edeal. smile.gif But that was 10 yeas ago, so I don't know if it is higher now.

The problem wiht voteing more saner people in office is 2 points. Right now gun control is a major debate, where boith sides are affraid of losing votes so they hardly ever make a desicion on it, so it is hard to figure them out sometimes. So I have to wait for soem one to be killed by a gun and wait for the uproar to see how my senator or congresmne votes on the law. Secondly I live in a democrate state which make sit real hard for me and the people who don't want stupid gun control laws passed.

In a perfect woorld I don't mind gun control, if I was 100% certain it would make a lick of difference I would be all for it.But if we lived a perfect world we wouldn't need guns at all. Lie I said in the post above, most crime commited wit a firearm is by peopel who would not have folowed the gun control laws anyway. A law abiding citizen woudl not use his gun for crime in the first place. It si the life time criminal who does and is not effected by the laws passed, until he is caught.

Example of the lack of gun control and it not haveing an effect in the country. Back during the 20s ad 30s probably earlier, you could mail order a Thompson sub machine gun froma cataloge. Something like $150 and you had a fully automatice SMG brought to your front door by a USPS mailman. There was no mas murders or any of that shit, until prohibiton. After that alcohol gangs needed somethign to protect their business, so ou get machinegun battles in the streets. In the 60's and 70's very little in the way of gun control. Bnag the 80s hit and cocaine and crak hit the streets with a vengence. Now all the sudden kids are crying SMGs and pistols to protect their business and turf.

I have said it before I will say it agan and will continue to say it drugs are the reason for all this BS. Legalise drugs and crime will drop off quickly.

Wha tyou aslo said about needing explosives before the fight is exactly what I said. I was jsut being a politicain and not sayign it was a deffenet no, becasue I am sure someone on the this board will show up with a link to counter me and then dismiss my comments becasue of one story, that was more then likely made up.

Austere Emancipator
How long have driver's licenses been around in the US?

Do you have any reasonable cause to expect a firearm licensing system to suddenly become several times more expensive than driver's licenses, which have been around for much longer?

QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
I live in a democrate state

Then I suppose the first thing that you have to do to make your government work better is to demolish the two-party system. The only thing worse than a 2-party system is a 1-party system.

I am sure someone on the this board will show up with a link to counter me and then dismiss my comments becasue of one story, that was more then likely made up.

I'm certain enough that no one will manage to find such a link that I can say definite things. If such a story emerges from somewhere it's BS, or I learn something new, which is worth much more than an argument about whether you should be allowed to have the means to overthrow your government.
Frag-o Delux
I believe the price of gun registration will increase just liek gas taxes and other fees on cars will. Cars in AMerica have mor ethen jsut a liscense fee. Every 5 years you have to go renew your liscense, abotu $30 last I was there, only an eye exam is required at the time, a 5 second test. But also every 2 years I have to layout $80 the last time, I am sure it will be more next year. I also has to make sure my car can meet the emmissions regulations, which is another $20 to $30 dollars. It is also manditory I have liability insurance on my car.

Guns are also a hot political tool right now. So if we were to give into a Fee based registration and all that that would come with it I promise you the cost of owning a gun will steadily increase. Just like smokeing, beign a hot political tool, they claim it costs the state money so they have to impose a tax on cigarettes, it seems every 6 months the cost of cigarettes go up. If I buy cgarettes in a different state I pay a third of the price that I do in my state because my state continues to raise taxes on tabacco. I see the same happening with guns.

As to how long drivers liscense have been around. I don't know I know a 70 year old guy and he showed e his first liscense, so I assume at least 50 years. The reason so fees on liscenses and things haven't gone up really fast is crs are not political tools. In fact they are very important just to every day life, in my family of 5 we have 5 cars I personally own 2 of them, in 4 years chances are we'll have 6 cars, for 5 people. Were as guns are what most people see as luxury items and can be taxed to death like other luxury items.

So I guess I am saying legnth of exsistence has no bareing on cost it has to do with it being a political hot potato and the perception of the populace.

I am no professor of war, so I have no idea as to wether a war has been fought on stolen gear or not, I find it highly unlikely but I didn't want some wise ass to come in busting my balls for my lack of knowledge about guerilla wars.

If I had to over throw my governement a gun would be the last thing I decided to use to do it. Shooting it out with the government will just get you dead. Like I said I can do much more in the explosives area and all the shit I need will never be banned as long as we want to keep using indoor plumbing, swimming pools, adn a few other luxuries. liek cars. smile.gif

I would love to continue the debate but i am getting tired it has been a long day and I am otu of here.
Kagetenshi
Indeed. As silly as it sounds, our family has four cars for three people; the fact that one of those cars (the one I drive; I love my Eggplant) is actively falling apart has something to do with it, but until it finally does, we've got an amusing vehicle:people ratio.

~J
lspahn72
QUOTE (spotlite)

I was given to understand that the 'right to bear arms' in the US was a misinterpretation of the constitution anyway, which actually says something like (and I don't pretend to have this accurately, its just what I've read) 'any member of the civilian militia has the right to bear arms'. And around the time the constitution was written just about every able bodied man who wasn't a criminal was a member of the militia so it just sort of became accepted practice.

Well i have had a few college level US Law classes, as well as history so maybe i can shed some light on why we Americain think we live in the wild, wild, west!

If you read document written by the authors of our constitution it is very clear why they wanted us to have firearm and well as a local miltia. They had no trust in the central government and want them to be respectful( Scared ) of the local. This would keep them from getting to out of line. The local militia was suppose to be made up of local people, citizens, not military personell exclusivly.

Also, they already had them. Ever see what happens when you TRY to disarm people?? Doesnt work. We are combative by nature i think.

Anyway, Believe it or not alot of Americain dont trust our Government much farther than we could throw'em so it keeps us warm and safe to know that if anyone come here to cause trouble Ill blast them out of there shoes (in my case that would be my trust double barrel shootgun!)

I could be wrong about this, and i have been known to say some outrageous stuff, but we have a real flip view of this in the US. I cannot understand, as well as many other, why anyone would want to just lay down and take it from someone. You have to fight back, and in the age of guns that mean having one yourself.

There is a bumper sticker that i see here...usually on beat up pick-ups...but it says..

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaw will have guns"

Remember...whats a criminal? Someone who breaks the law. So why would anyone with an IQ of more than 80 think that restricting access to guns would help the common person?? The criminal could care less what they law says and will have them anyway!

Just my thoughts, I have had some Dutch friends who think we are all nuts here because of all the guns, but what my Hard Core Redneck friend pointed out, and this is harsh so please dont Flame me, is that we havent been invaded fifty times! From talking to my gal friend from Holland she say thats why Europeons are so against guns is because of all the fighting in the first have of the 20th century.So there is a good arguement on both sides! I do own a gun to protect my children. I live in a farm community and every year when the field hands move into the area there is a rash of breakins and attacks on women so i have to defend my family! Would anyone really do less???

Thanks guys for the soapbox!
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (lspahn72)
Anyway, Believe it or not alot of Americain dont trust our Government much farther than we could throw'em so it keeps us warm and safe to know that if anyone come here to cause trouble Ill blast them out of there shoes (in my case that would be my trust double barrel shootgun!)

And as we all know, shooting government agents will cause them to leave you alone. Yes indeedio, forget about politics or talking sense; the right way to deal with a government you don't like is stockpiling machineguns and shooting everyone on their payroll.

Yes, I'm a bit flammatory. I just hope the guys who think they need to protect themselves against the 3v1l Government, or think they've got the slightest fucking chance of doing it, are also capable of laughing at themselves in a healthy manner.

[Edit]If you instead meant that you need the shotgun to protect yourself (or others) from the criminals that the government doesn't deal with, using your much-advertised democratic system and freedom of speech is a far better way of changing things.[/Edit]
Reaver
Sigh.

First and foremost. The right for one to defend one's self is a basic right of life. It is not granted by law. Any law that takes away that right is immoral and evil. The results of removing firearms from the citizenry (in the last century) has been well shown... 170 million people murdered by the governments that passed such laws.

Second. Cars ARE registered and they killed 1.2 million people last year and injured 50 million (according the WHO data that was released last week). They are registered and regulated and look at the damage they cause. It is estimated that there are 280 million legally owned firearms in the U.S., and only 10,000 firearms murders last year. Guns aren't regulated and they have a HIGHER safety margin than cars. Why regulate something that is harming so little of the population? Cars prove that regulation isn't helping.

Three. No matter how advanced the government army becomes, one rule remains the same. You need troops to hold the land. Tanks don't hold land, troops do. Troops can go places tanks and aircraft can't. Troops fight guerilla raids, tanks and aircraft don't. Afgans proved that multiple times. The French proved it in WWII against the German juggernaught. The Vietnamese proved it against the U.S.

Four and finally. There are NO deadly weapons... only deadly people.

---------------------
What do I own?

I have a Steyr GB-80 9mm pistol (my self-defense pistol of choice).
A S&W model 19 .357 revolver.
A S&W model 29 .357 revolver.
A Lorcin .380

A Bushmaster Armspistol.
A M1 Garrand
An SKS
A Duragonov SVD sniper rifle
A Finish M-91 Mosin-Nagant
2 Chech 8mm Mauser's (one long rifle, one carbine)

I plan on getting a semi-auto AK-47 to round out my Soviet collection.
Solstice
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I have known people who have carried guns in purses or whatever against the threat of mugging or somesuch who have clearly not known how to use them. In their case, if I wanted to cause them harm and they pulled the gun on me, the only effect would be that I would now have a gun to use against them regardless of whether or not I had one beforehand. I have no idea if it's possible to prevent things like that, and it probably isn't, but until I see that clearly demonstrated people like that will cause me to desire gun control.

~J

You may believe something and that is fine. You've yet to mount a halfway effective argument however and there are several pages of convincing dialog from the pro gunners. Which I have to say suprised me and encouraged me. I was expecting far, far worse (not worse just anti gun) from this forum. I think it's great.
hobgoblin
lets see, north of good "old" USA is canada, well developed and internaly stable. south of you there are mexico and more but the USA/mexico border is from what i understand rock solid and they have enough with theyre own internal problem to keep them from ever going after the biggest military force on that continent (its more likely they will invade southwards then northwards, and its not the amount of guns per civilian thats stopping them)...

then take a look at the continent of europe, we have multiple nations that border to more then one other nation, to invade a stronger nation you often have to go tru a smaller one.

allso, the best way to survive a invasion (if the army fails to stop it that is. they are there for defence against external attacks, not to suppress internal troubles. thats what one have police for) is to get on with ones life, stay out of trouble and definetly not wave a automatic rifle around at any given moment. if you want to create trouble for the invaders explosives and other sabotage is more useful then armed rebellion (a machinegun takes care of stuff like that).

like i stated before, i can understand owning a gun for protection in an area where police response are timed in 15 minutess or half hours or more rather then minutes. but still the first one should do then is to fire a warning shot just to make show that hello there is a gun here.

allso, weapons unlike drugs are heavy. to move any useful amount you will need a truck, a boat or a plane, most can be picked in some way or other. drugs can be put in a backpack and carryed over a border on foot as the amount will still sell for more then what you get for a truckload of weapons (and then there is the question about ammo). its allmost easyer to steal the weapons from a army depot rather then trying to get them across a border in any usefull amounts.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Reaver)
You need troops to hold the land. Tanks don't hold land, troops do. Troops can go places tanks and aircraft can't. Troops fight guerilla raids, tanks and aircraft don't.

That's great and all, but these days you quite rarely get infantry on its own anywhere. At the very least, they have light vehicles and extensive air support. Trying to shoot down helicopters with light firearms is, like I already said, futile. It just doesn't happen. And now even HMMWVs are almost bulletproof.

Can you think of any example where a population with only small-caliber firearms as their weapons has managed to beat a modern conventional army in any sort physical warfare? None of the examples here so far work. I already went over Afghanistan. The North Vietnamese had all sorts of heavy weaponry, including tanks (although outdated) and missiles, rockets, mines, grenades, artillery, you name it.

The French were occupied during WW2. Sure there was resistance, and the Germans in France might never have felt completely safe, but for most intents and purposes France was conquered. It is extremely unlikely that indigenous resistance would have managed to drive the Germans out of France. Without the help of other major, conventional armies, France would have been screwed. (Not dissing the French, could have happened to any country next to Nazi Germany.)

Let's hear that example, then. All so far have only proved that you do need the grenades and rockets and missiles and mines and everything if you wish to stand a chance against a modern conventional army.

Us Finns would prefer if you just referred to it as "Finnish M/91" and forgot about the Mosin-Nagant...
Reaver
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
QUOTE (Reaver)
You need troops to hold the land. Tanks don't hold land, troops do. Troops can go places tanks and aircraft can't. Troops fight guerilla raids, tanks and aircraft don't.

That's great and all, but these days you quite rarely get infantry on its own anywhere. At the very least, they have light vehicles and extensive air support. Trying to shoot down helicopters with light firearms is, like I already said, futile. It just doesn't happen. And now even HMMWVs are almost bulletproof.

Can you think of any example where a population with only small-caliber firearms as their weapons has managed to beat a modern conventional army in any sort physical warfare? None of the examples here so far work. I already went over Afghanistan. The North Vietnamese had all sorts of heavy weaponry, including tanks (although outdated) and missiles, rockets, mines, grenades, artillery, you name it.

The French were occupied during WW2. Sure there was resistance, and the Germans in France might never have felt completely safe, but for most intents and purposes France was conquered. It is extremely unlikely that indigenous resistance would have managed to drive the Germans out of France. Without the help of other major, conventional armies, France would have been screwed. (Not dissing the French, could have happened to any country next to Nazi Germany.)

Let's hear that example, then. All so far have only proved that you do need the grenades and rockets and missiles and mines and everything if you wish to stand a chance against a modern conventional army.

Us Finns would prefer if you just referred to it as "Finnish M/91" and forgot about the Mosin-Nagant...

Explosives can be made in a bathtub. Even I've made homemade pastique when I was a teenager as a chemistry experiment (and to blow stuff up without harming anyone).

And you can't tell me Afghanistan and veitnam doesn't count. It most certainly does count. Kill the troops, take thier supplies... like heavy weapons, rockets, etc. Guerilla raids can net you all the weapons you need and it works. You just need the will power and attitude to make it happen. A defeatist attitude gets you nowhere. smile.gif
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Reaver)
And you can't tell me Afghanistan and veitnam doesn't count. It most certainly does count. Kill the troops, take thier supplies... like heavy weapons, rockets, etc.

Neither the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan nor the North Vietnamese Army supplied their forces by killing enemies and taking their equipment. On the scale of assault rifles and ammunition to them the Mujahadeen might have stolen gear from fallen enemies. The majority of their heavy weaponry they already had before the major conflict or it was supplied to them from somewhere else.

The Vietnamese did not do this in the least. Of the weapons used by the NVA, a tiny little fraction was war-spoils, the rest having been procured from the surrounding countries or made by the war industory of North Vietnam itself. This is immediately evident from looking at equipment lists of either side -- there was the clear division of Western/NATO gear in the South and Russian/Chinese gear in the North. This is true with all sizes of weapons, from pistols through small explosives to tanks.

[Edit]The North Vietnamese war industry certainly didn't consist of making plastique in a bathtub, either. We're talking large, heavily industrialized facilities pumping out supplies. The Mujahadeen did not have that, which is why they had to get their heavy weaponry elsewhere -- the US, mainly.[/Edit]

You just need the will power and attitude to make it happen.

Until someone can present an example where it has happened, you are talking about more willpower and attitude than any people has ever had anywhere. Realizing that you might not be better than everybody else ever anywhere is not "a defeatist attitude", it's realism.
Frag-o Delux
Hobgoblin if you see the raids done on drug runners you would change your mind on the wieght of guns.

There have been dozens of tunnels found from Mexico into the US here untold tons of Cocain has passed through. A pistol ways as much as a block of Coke and takes much less space. If they are new and never fired a dog won't find it like he will a kilo of coke. Guns will eb just as easy if not eaiser to get into America if push come to shove.

HEll there was a guy smuggling coke into America with a few dozen ARs and he only got caught becaus eof the dogs smellign the fdrugs, cahnces are he would have made it through with the guns.

With all the security after 911 wouldn't you think a real drug shortage would have been felt in the last 2 and helf years. Last I heard they still cost the same.

But like I said before ban guns I can make life hell for the government if I want other ways. And no bath tubs needed. smile.gif I have a garage.
Reaver
QUOTE (Reaver)
And you can't tell me Afghanistan and veitnam doesn't count. It most certainly does count. Kill the troops, take thier supplies... like heavy weapons, rockets, etc.

Neither the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan nor the North Vietnamese Army supplied their forces by killing enemies and taking their equipment. On the scale of assault rifles and ammunition to them the Mujahadeen might have stolen gear from fallen enemies. The majority of their heavy weaponry they already had before the major conflict or it was supplied to them from somewhere else.

The Vietnamese did not do this in the least. Of the weapons used by the NVA, a tiny little fraction was war-spoils, the rest having been procured from the surrounding countries or made by the war industory of North Vietnam itself. This is immediately evident from looking at equipment lists of either side -- there was the clear division of Western/NATO gear in the South and Russian/Chinese gear in the North. This is true with all sizes of weapons, from pistols through small explosives to tanks.

[Edit]The North Vietnamese war industry certainly didn't consist of making plastique in a bathtub, either. We're talking large, heavily industrialized facilities pumping out supplies. The Mujahadeen did not have that, which is why they had to get their heavy weaponry elsewhere -- the US, mainly.[/Edit]

You just need the will power and attitude to make it happen.

Until someone can present an example where it has happened, you are talking about more willpower and attitude than any people has ever had anywhere. Realizing that you might not be better than everybody else ever anywhere is not "a defeatist attitude", it's realism.

So your position is to just roll over and play dead? You prefer to be oppressed?

Pacifism is not a survival trait and neither is wishful thinking. frown.gif

A man who has nothing worth dying for is never truly alive.
- Martin Luther King.
Fahr
keep in mind here, that this is not as far fetched as it sounds.

have you ever seen the tank ithat was stolen from the national gaurd armory?

in the case of insurrection, you have defectors from the army and national gaurd, and you have bathtub bombs (iraq today) and smugglers.

and small arms do kill people, just not the front line troops. the idea behind guerrilla fighting is not to kill the frontline soldier, but to harrass his supply line and kill the gaurds and underarmoured targets. rifles do a good job of this. this causes the army to spread itself out to protect all of its assets and makes the whole operation more expensive.

You can not "win" a war with guerrilla fighting, but you can deny the peace, which if it is a foreign invader can be just as devestating. if it is an insurrection, than the army will be fighting everyone, and is made up of people too, they will make there own decisions and may side with the insurrection.

but keeping the guns in the hands of the general populace makes feilding an enemy army considerably more expensive. which is a big enough deterant to make invasion a bad Idea.

imagine trying to take the guns out of somalia? even if it was just small arms and rifles, do you think you could get enough soldiers to do that with out them going insane from having to kill 100's or thousands of people? do you think that an american army would be comfortable doing that to it's own citizens? what about the american soldier? that is why it is still a deterrant to tyrany.

-MIke R

PS. why shouldn't I have a howitzer? wink.gif
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Reaver)
So your position is to just roll over and play dead? You prefer to be oppressed?

That's got nothing to do with what I'm saying. If the laws of reality were totally broken, this plane of existance crashed with the Plane Where Bad Shit Happens and Finland suddenly found itself with a totalitarion regime, you can bet your ass I'd be doing something other than rolling over and playing dead.

But that won't happen here in the foreseeable future, because we have a working democratic system and enough people who actually give a shit and think about who to vote and do it. We have a conscription army that wouldn't fight against The People, because it consists of The People. The massive majority of people would never let anyone with a totalitarion streak to get to power, let alone stay there for more than a week. We got our Prime Minister fired because he exaggerated and was suspected of maybe suggesting someone to give her copies of a not-very-secret paper.

Stockpiling guns is not a good way to fight against an oppressive government. Instead, you should be trying to make a differense in how the politics of your country work, making sure an oppressive government cannot ever materialize.

Even if you had those guns, did nothing to stop your government from becoming the kind of horrible monstrosity that is being discussed, and then begun open war against that government, you wouldn't stand a chance. You'd need those (not centrally) regulated militias with heavy weaponry of all sorts. Considering the massive safety liability such things would be at a time when your government is not playing Evil Empire, you're far better off being interested in politics and doing prevention instead of Preparing for the Apocalypse.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Solstice)
there are several pages of convincing dialog from the pro gunners.

Funny, I'm not seeing them. Maybe I need special glasses to see these arguments?

QUOTE (Reaver)
A man who has nothing worth dying for is never truly alive.
- Martin Luther King.

Note he didn't say "worth killing for".

~J
Fahr
who say's I can't do both?

I am active politically, I vote by person not party, I talk to by legislature, I also own guns that would be useful if "the Plane Where Bad Shit Happens" Happened. does this make me unwise? NO, I say I am hoping for the best (all OK) and planning for the worst (PWBSH ™ ) what makes them mutually exclusive?

-Mike R
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Fahr)
keep in mind here, this is not as far fetched as it sounds.

As soon as I start seeing examples of it having happened, I'll acknowledge it not being far fetched.

in the case of insurrection, you have defectors from the army and national gaurd, and you have bathtub bombs (iraq today) and smugglers.

This has nothing to do with being allowed to own firearms. Defectors from the Army and National Guard can supply massive amounts of firearms and all kinds of other gear to others. You don't need to have firearms in the first place for Army defectors to help.

In Iraq, you're seeing large amounts of commercial and military explosives coming from the neighboring countries as well as remnants from the old military. RPGs are very common as are actual mines, and these two make the single greatest threat to coalition soldiers there -- both the RPGs and the mines are certainly not improvised weapons, they are all made in actual weapons factories way back when.

If you've got smugglers to supply yourself with heavy weaponry when war breaks, then why do you need the small-caliber firearms? Can't the smugglers smuggle those, too? From this perspective, why are small-caliber firearms (much easier to smuggle) the guns that people should be allowed to have during peace, and not ATGMs?

and small arms do kill people, just not the front line troops. the idea behind guerrilla fighting is not to kill the frontline soldier, but to harrass his supply line and kill the gaurds and underarmoured targets.

You'd think the Mujahadeen, the North Vietnamese and the people fighting coalition forces in Iraq now would've understood that, eh? The attacks against supply bases and columns in Iraq are still done with explosives and rockets. The attacks against civilian targets are invariably done without any significant small arms fire. Small arms can sort of do the job that the bigger weapons can against such soft targets, but they are far less effective at it.

I'm willing to bet that more coalition soldiers died of small arms fire during the actual Iraq War than have after the war ended. All the pictures you see on TV are of vehicles having been shot with RPGs, of houses bombed or attacked with rockets, etc. You never see clear signs of small arms combat. At least I haven't.

keeping the guns in the hands of the general populace makes feilding an enemy army considerably more expensive. which is a big enough deterant to make invasion a bad Idea.

That's what you've got an army for. You don't need an armed population to make an invasion a bad idea. Even if guns were completely outlawed in the US, no one would be invading you, not for a long, long time.

imagine trying to take the guns out of somalia?

Somalia is a near-anarchy where genocide is only put off by the fact that the other tribes have got armies as well. There is no oppressive, totalitarian regime there because the people don't need one to be totally fucked up. Imagine trying to bring civilization to Somalia.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Fahr)
what makes them mutually exclusive?

Nothing. But every effort you take to increase your rights to pack weapons is less effort towards making sure you have a sensible government.

Overall, I'd say your approach is a good one. In a democracy, people should be required to think about their approach to politics. My biggest problem are people who just whine about having a bad government and think they can correct this by stockpiling weapons. They can't. But you can make sure PWBSH doesn't happen by remaining politically active.
hobgoblin
funny that you should quote mr king (or was it dr king?) reaver as if i got my history correct he was opposed to violence...

frag-o, the guy smuggleing ARs and drugs most likely had in vision a bigger profit margin on the drugs then on the ARs. allso, who the fuck is smuggleing weapons into the US (atleast thats most likely what the border patrols are thinking)? if they where illegal or highly controled then the borderchecks would be more effective at looking for guns to. but right now as handguns are legal and you start looking for guns your more likely to find someone that have a legal gun then one that illegal and then quickly it becomes a pr problem.

lett me put it a diffrent way, with a gun i can walk into the middle of a street and start shooting, with a blade i must get up close and personal. with what do you think i get more kills in a space of time?

allso, the security after 9/11 are looking for guns and blades at airports, not drugs at bordercrossings. drugs are not a security issue, and nor are people crossing borders on fot or similar. what they worry about are another plane out of control and aimed for another downtown area. or someome loading a truck full of disel and fertilizer and driveing it downtown to detonate. this have nothing to do with the age old battle about drugs. and drugs are not used to capture planes.

personaly i find the idea of haveing drugs being legal on the same level as alcohol a interesting theoretical experiment. this way one removes the criminal element (mostly) and gets the prices down (so people dont have to ruin theyre lives to get the next dose). thereby removeing the realy dangerus part of drugs, the one where they are mixed with people willing to hurt or kill and the weapons to do so. but still, the adictiveness and lethality of some of the drugs makes me think that maybe its best that it stays theoretical.
Reaver

That's got nothing to do with what I'm saying. If the laws of reality were totally broken, this plane of existance crashed with the Plane Where Bad Shit Happens and Finland suddenly found itself with a totalitarion regime, you can bet your ass I'd be doing something other than rolling over and playing dead.

Wouldn't you agree that it's much easier to do something about if and when that time comes IF you have at least standard firearms to do so? A prepared person has much better odds than someone who only prepares with wishful thinking.

But that won't happen here in the foreseeable future, because we have a working democratic system and enough people who actually give a shit and think about who to vote and do it.

Wishful thinking is not a survival trait.

We have a conscription army that wouldn't fight against The People, because it consists of The People.

Wishful thinking is not a survival trait. wink.gif

The massive majority of people would never let anyone with a totalitarion streak to get to power, let alone stay there for more than a week. We got our Prime Minister fired because he exaggerated and was suspected of maybe suggesting someone to give her copies of a not-very-secret paper.

Say it with me again. Wishful thinking is not a survival trait. wink.gif

Stockpiling guns is not a good way to fight against an oppressive government. Instead, you should be trying to make a differense in how the politics of your country work, making sure an oppressive government cannot ever materialize.

Stockpiling guns is the LAST way to fight against an oppressive government. Diplomacy and politics only work if BOTH sides are willing to use those tools to make it work. Even when diplomacy and politics are used correctly, you still have NO guarantee that the government won't go oppresive because you don't know what will happen in the future. smile.gif

Even if you had those guns, did nothing to stop your government from becoming the kind of horrible monstrosity that is being discussed, and then begun open war against that government, you wouldn't stand a chance.

A defeatist attitude only results in defeat. You'd loose the fight before it even started with that attitude.

You'd need those (not centrally) regulated militias with heavy weaponry of all sorts. Considering the massive safety liability such things would be at a time when your government is not playing Evil Empire, you're far better off being interested in politics and doing prevention instead of Preparing for the Apocalypse.

What's wrong with doing both? While one is using politics to keep things from getting worse, one could still be target shooting and honning skills. Only fools choose to remain unprepared. smile.gif
Frag-o Delux
If drugs are not what captures planes then why do they run commercails here aobut how drugs supply terrorist with money. Why do people claim the CIA sold drugs to get money for the contras and supply the Iraqis during the Iran Iraq war. Drugs are the global currency, and guns are the security that keeps it safe. Besides are you tellign me a customs guy is findig a shipoment of coke and says well it is not a bomb so I guess I will let it go? With the clamp down on tryign to stop terrorist to get in to the country they shoudl be finding everything.

As to your knife and random shooting question. Irrelevant. One man may be able to shoot a few people before he is stopped were one man may only stab one person before being stopped. But it has also showen a man with a fully automatic AK shooting at the Whit House killed no one, but Ted Bundy killed at least a dozen women with his bare hands. Again if someone wants to kill he will kill, nothing you can do to stop him. The underlying problem with guns in America is drugs, the secind you people see that the faster you will relise guns were never a problem until drugs became a real problem.

In the lounge before it was shut down had a few articles were people went crazy with swords. One had a man who killed 3 in a groecery store with a katana. No one helped the people they relied on the cops to get there and stop him. In the minutes it took the cops to get here he had killed 3 and wounded several others. If just if some of the citixzens had been armed he wouldn't have killed anyone. Your safety is just as much you responcibilty as it is the respocibility of the police. I am not letting my welfare be kept up by the cgovernment. The sad thing was this man with the sword was already in the custodity of the same government the citizens were dependent on to protect them, the facility he was in sid he was fine.

ALright enough of this topic for me, I will never change your mind and chances are you will never change my mind, short of a lobotomy.
Reaver
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Again if someone wants to kill he will kill, nothing you can do to stop him.

I have to disagree with you here Frag-O. There is something one can do to stop him... don't be prey. wink.gif
BitBasher
QUOTE (Reaver)
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux @ Apr 26 2004, 10:05 AM)

I have to disagree with you here Frag-O. There is something one can do to stop him... don't be prey. wink.gif

Yeah! Buy a gun and protect yourself! biggrin.gif
Reaver
QUOTE (BitBasher)
QUOTE (Reaver @ Apr 26 2004, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux @ Apr 26 2004, 10:05 AM)

Yeah! Buy a gun and protect yourself! biggrin.gif

A gun is not the only answer. learn martial arts as well. Sometimes, maybe only a mere 5%, but sometimes the assailant is too close for a gun to be a feasible deterent or weapon. martial arts, backed up with or without a knife becomes the better option.
hobgoblin
hmm, a sword inside a building may work just as well as a gun as then people have a harder time fleeing from the person.

as for ted bundy (i have heard the name but im not familiar with the exact story), did he kill them all at ones like you can do with a gun in a crowded area or did he do it one at a time with days of downtime? and that person spraying lead around the white house, didnt the us military remove the full auto from m-16's as it was found in the vietnam war that soldiers with full auto didnt realy hit more then one useing semiauto and aiming before shooting, and these where "trained soldiers"? then what with a civilian?

allso, reaver have a point about not being a prey, but it does not help looking like the biggest freaking threat in miles either.

allso it seems that reaver dont think anything but survival of the fittest works. odd as i belived that was one of the things that made us humans special was our potential to override inborn instincts by logical thought.

oh and reaver, i hope you forgot the cheesy grin on the end of your statement about martial arts or that you where talking about unarmed self defence and not the eastern style high kicks, if its the later then im officialy abandoning this thread as a junk thread as the last % of sane thought seems to have left it and only raveing fanboy flames will remain...
Fahr
this topic is a hotbed of polotics, but everyone here has kept it pretty civil...

we can rant and argue and get mad about shadowrun topics... but we stay civil on this...

just struck me as funny.

-Mike R.
Aristotle
The majority of this thread seems pretty off topic. Remember this forum is for the discussion of Shadowrun. If you want to discuss some aspect of how owning weapons in the real world affects how you view weapons in Shadowrun, or if you want to do some sort of comparison between Shadowrun and real world weapons, feel free. But simply discussing what guns you have or debating the pros and cons of the constitution is off topic. The thread will have to be closed if it can't be made forum-appropriate.
hobgoblin
basicly they should not have killed of the lounge, now all the threads that used to pop up in there have moved here and soon the amount of sr thread to general junk thread will be 1:10000 or less frown.gif
Reaver

allso it seems that reaver dont think anything but survival of the fittest works. odd as  i belived that was one of the things that made us humans special was our potential to override inborn instincts by logical thought.

That's funny. Ask most criminals and they'll tell you that they go after the person that looks like the easiest prey. Humans are not immune to the laws of nature. Predators exist in human ecologies just as they do in any other ecology. You can think logically all you want, but that won't protect you from a Ted Bundy. And as for thinking logically. A logically thinking person would know it is far better to be prepared than not prepared at all. Is that what Shadowrunners do when they get a run is prepare and plan for all possible events?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Reaver)
Is that what Shadowrunners do when they get a run is prepare and plan for all possible events?

Nice SR tie-in there. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012