Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stars Without Number: Scions of the Stars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Buddha72
What roll for trying to figure out the tech we're seeing?
JxJxA
Who said it is tech?

You can use a science roll or a scanner if anyone has one.
Buddha72
Anyone with Science? I have a bioscanner they can use with their skill. smile.gif
Fenris
Are you talking about a bioscanner, JxJxA, or was there a general 'scanner' I forgot to buy?

Science: Int(1) + Science(1) (2d6+2= 8 )
JxJxA
@ Buddha: A bioscanner would work if you're looking for life forms, using a Tech/Medical roll (see p.43). However, it wouldn't work for identifying tech. Think of it like your Star Trek medical tricorder.

@ Fenris: Sadly, there is another scanner that you could have bought. The survey scanner (see p.42) is basically your Star Trek general tricorder, and you use Science to make rolls for it. Fortunately for you guys---albeit sadly for me because I was gonna laugh at y'all---Alice has one and brought it along. She doesn't have the Science skill to use it properly, but you can ask her for it. nyahnyah.gif
JxJxA
Also, quick note: The planet doesn't have a psychic network. There are faint electrical pulses traveling through the atmosphere that look like a neural network. The main source of the pulses is coming from the cavern in the mountain. Sorry for any confusion, I think I got carried away with describing the setup. ^_^
JxJxA
I'll wait a few more days, and then I'll assume that Alice gave Sereth the scanner and I'll post the results for the science roll.
Lain
if asked she would hand it over no problem
(Sorry traveling for work this week)
JxJxA
Ok, then I'll wait for Fenris to ask and then post results. Thanks for the heads up.
Buddha72
I'm here but sick with a capital S so I'll post as soon as I feel better.
JxJxA
No worries. If people are okay with it, I can pretend that Sereth got the scanner from Alice and write the results of his science roll. I haven't done it yet because I didn't want to railroad you guys.
Fenris
So, as a quick note, I was just waiting for the two girls to answer the psychic question before I moved on to the scanner >.<

JxJxA - Can they scan something without being able to see it? Or does the psychic network extend over the entire surface, and can be contacted or interacted with anywhere?
JxJxA
I said a few messages back that there's no psychic network. It's just an electrical impulse setup.

EDIT---Also, you can just scan the area to get general information (like strength and direction of energy readings). If you scan something specific, it'll give you specific info. As always, the detail will depend on the roll. ^_^
JxJxA
Also, I apologize if that last message sounded snarky. I reread that and realized it sounded mean, and I totally didn't mean it that way. Sorry! x_x
Buddha72
Ok all better (nasty flu) but my summer is picking up speed and I don't think I'll be able to give the time and love to PbP games so I am pausing with the intention of returning after the summer. I'm sorry for the impact and thanks very much for running the game - please feel free to puppet my character or whatever you need to do for the thread.
Fenris
I'm unfortunately in the boat with Buddha, so I'm going to have to bow out as well. Sorry to rush off, but we're having to trim down in a lot of areas to address the extra load.

Damn children! biggrin.gif
JxJxA
Sadly, it might be a good time for me to shut this down. I'm tied up with a few things in Japan (also singing in a band, woo!), and I don't have the time to run or write this the way that I want to. Sorry guys. frown.gif
Lain
Been fun, let me know if it gets picked up again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012