Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR5 Missions "Hot Patch" Errata
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 16 2013, 09:00 AM) *
Does that actually work, Bull? Would love something to dull the pain of the two titanium rods in my spine. Sadly, nothing really works for that, that I have found.

I bet MRIs are a joy with those.
Sendaz
How long have you had the rods and how long has the pain been going on?

Had a friend who had rods in the spine and then a few years later found it getting painful, finally got someone to take a look and the nut on the end had worked its way loose and the rod had shifted, causing all sorts of sensory delights as he described it.

So unless the pins are new, it can't hurt to have someone take a peek at it.

cryptoknight
Blah... forgot I was in Bull's thread... redacted myself.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 16 2013, 10:20 AM) *
I bet MRIs are a joy with those.

Yeah, they suck, just in general... Fortunately, I am not required to do many of them.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 16 2013, 10:26 AM) *
How long have you had the rods and how long has the pain been going on?

Had a friend who had rods in the spine and then a few years later found it getting painful, finally got someone to take a look and the nut on the end had worked its way loose and the rod had shifted, causing all sorts of sensory delights as he described it.

So unless the pins are new, it can't hurt to have someone take a peek at it.

10 Years Post Surgery at this point... L4-L5 Fused and Titanium Reinforced. Been looked at, and the hardware is okay. Problem is the underlyting damage they were put in to assist with. Even with bones drilled and nerve pathways enlarged, I am still in some "discomfort" due to the underlying Nerve damage and such. Told it would be an issue that would last the rest of my life, and I tend to almost ignore it (for the most part, though I have my bad days with errant "Sensory Delight" smile.gif ), but the pain is always there. And since my body processs pain killers at an ungodly rate, most of them have no effect. *sigh*
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 16 2013, 06:53 AM) *
I was dulling the ache in my arthitic knees last night with Cap & Coke, so I can empathize there. smile.gif

Might I suggest Sailor Jerrys. I believe it is a better spiced rum at roughly the same price point.

And Tymeaus I personally don't note a pain drop from alcohol until I'm well and truly drunk which is a state I generally avoid. But everyone is different so maybe Bull is a lucky bastard.
tasti man LH
Definitely better then my constitution...I never feel any of the good effects and skip straight to the bad effects.

Annoying as hell, lemme tell you.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Aug 16 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Might I suggest Sailor Jerrys. I believe it is a better spiced rum at roughly the same price point.

And Tymeaus I personally don't note a pain drop from alcohol until I'm well and truly drunk which is a state I generally avoid. But everyone is different so maybe Bull is a lucky bastard.

Heh... Yeah, I don't drink, myself... I Do not like the potential loss of control. Pain is my closest and dearest companion, and we have come to terms with each other, for the most part. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012