Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Troll Combat Monster in SR5
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cain
Umi: this is a silly debate. My point (badly stated) was that the system isn't actually in the cyberlimb; when it deploys, things pop out and start whirring around. It's stored in the cyberarm, but it operates outside of it. Steadicams do work on a similar principle, but even then, you can't stick the camera any old place, you have top mount it just right.

But the reason it's silly is because neither of us would actually use that rule. Even though the RAW could be read that way, I don't think anyone here would actually enforce it. We're debating about fluff, which can be really pointless and unhelpful. I'd rather that we get into a debate about actual mechanics, I'll learn more that way. wink.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Cain @ Apr 18 2014, 01:47 AM) *
We're debating about fluff, which can be really pointless and unhelpful.
First rule of Fluff Club, you do not debate about Fluff Club. nyahnyah.gif
Cain
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Apr 18 2014, 05:56 PM) *
First rule of Fluff Club, you do not debate about Fluff Club. nyahnyah.gif

Heh.

Seriously, there are two arguments going on here. Jaid's argument is that the rules can only be read his way, thanks to the way he's redefining the word "effect". Umi's argument is that his way is the superior reading, because Common Sense. Common Sense has nothing to do with RAW, but it's still a persuasive argument. If it ever came up in a real game, I'd agree with him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012