Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Johnny
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1229 hrs - Kidnappers meet, Seattle

"Sounds like I need non-expendables, if they were that good. Though it coulda been the same group as the ones at Blondie's. Do ya know if Blondie an this Margo... what's-her-name was friends?"
Mercy

The man shrugs his shoulders. "Nah, don't know if they had any history together. Don't get paid to know. They worked at the same place, so maybe. Anyway, I sent a team to her house already but she is in the wind. You need to find her and bring her in." He hands you a cheap Meta. "Here, its got a number already programmed as speed dial 1. Don't use it for anything else except to call me, got it?"
Bastard

Jones nods. Then he heads toward the front door.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1230 hrs - Kidnappers meet, Seattle

The man walks with you to the door and signals the thugs outside that it is OK to let you pass. >>Johnny. Is Elana. Are you safe? They are taking me out a back door to a car. Plate is attached but I do not know if it is a morpher so do not rely only on that. I will keep in touch to tell you where I am. You will follow me, right?<<
Bastard

Jones walks to the car, and obviously looks at the address provided for Margaret and punches it into the commlink for GPS directions. He then flops down into the borrowed car and replies to Elana's message.

[Johnny>Elana]>>>Right behind you.<<<
Mercy

>>Hey, Johnny? What is plan? Follow all the way to next meeting or stop on the way?<<
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1231 hrs - Leaving the kidnappers meet, Seattle

[Johnny>Elana]>>>If you are confident in your escapability, I would like to follow this as far as it goes.<<<
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1231 hrs - Leaving the kidnappers meet, Seattle

>>Alright. Is a plan.<<

She does give you directions and tells you of certain buildings or other landmarks she passes. As you follow behind, it seems like the other car is headed to the outskirts of the Seattle sprawl.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1235 hrs - Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

With Elana providing directions, it wasn't necessary for Johnny to follow closely and he fell back a few cars. This also allowed him to check himself for a tail.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1255 hrs - Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

Your checks do not reveal a tail on you and Elana's directions seem to keep you on the tail of the car without needing to be too close. >>Johnny. We are slowing down and turning onto side road. No sign, but there is a small gas station and bar across the road from turn. I see no other cars on road so headlights will give you away. Be careful.<<
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1256 hrs - Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

[Johnny>Elana]>>>I will stop at the gas station for a minute. Let me know when it is clear to proceed.<<<

Shortly after, Johnny does just that. Pulling into the gas station at the corner of a road in much disrepair. He parks in front of the water & air supply, pops the hood and gets out. He looks around for any other cars, again looking for any familiar vehicles or faces.
[ Spoiler ]

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1256 hrs - Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

Yours is the only car at the gas station. As you open the hood of your car, you hear a door bang and a lanky teen-aged girl walks out of the shop. She is dressed in greasy coveralls and wiping her hands on a rag.
"Hey, mister, need any help?"
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1256 hrs - Gas station / Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

"Just needs water now and again, thanks for the offer."

Johnny sprays a little water in the overflow reservoir, then closes the hood.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1258 hrs - Gas station / Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

She comes a bit closer then stops as she motions to the pump. "Sure? Happy to pump some gas for you. Not many people come out this way anymore. Not since they put in the newer highway a few miles further over back that way. Nice to see a friendly face." She motions with her chin down the rood Elana had gone down. "Not like those people. Not a happy one in the bunch. Wouldn't be surprised to hear they're all criminals or something."
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1258 hrs - Gas station / Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

"Those guys out this way a lot? Or is it just a criminal hangout in general?"
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy

The girl laughs a bit as she comes closer. "How the frag would I know? You could be a criminal for all I know and then what? All I know is you got a nice face and they all have mad faces." She nods at the road. "Used to be several nice places down there. Now all are empty except one. Called Cedars. About three miles down the road. Never really seen the place, but I hear it used to be nice, but no one really visits much that wants to talk about it."

>>Hey. Pulling up to house. Name on sign is Cedars. Big house. Four cars in driveway. Three men as guards at gate. Two more walking with dog in yard. Probably more in house. Are you close?<<
Bastard

"Thanks," Johnny says as he shuts the hood of the car.

[Johnny>Elana]>>At the corner gas station, on my way.<<

He pulled out of the gas station, assuming the girl was some sort of watch. He passed the old road and looked on his commlink map for another way down the road.

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1300 hrs - Gas station / Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

The grid guide for the area does show that there is a dirt access road a couple miles ahead that leads to a small lake a short hike form the houses.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1259 hrs - Gas station / Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

[Johnny>Elana]>>Should I take the long way, or pull up front? There is a pond I can park by and hike around to get to you.<<
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1300 hrs - Gas station / Following Elana/Shelly, Seattle

>>There is back way? I am fine for now so use safest way for you. They put me in a room and I hear one tell another that they are waiting for someone to arrive. I should be safe for a while.<<
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1300 hrs - Back road to Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>Okay. I will do that, and I will hurry.<<

Johnny followed the other route and looked for an area used for hikers and joggers as a parking lot.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1330 hrs - Back road to Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

The back road is almost completely overgrown and you almost miss it. You have heard of too many people that drove over a cliff or into a lake to completely trust Grid Guide so you almost do not take the road, having to exit the car to make sure it is there at all. The road is badly rutted and in need of some serious maintenance, but the condition of the road does tell you that no one has been here for a while. You find an old parking lot near an overlook to the lake.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1310 hrs - Overlook, across from Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny parked the car so they could leave in a hurry. He ensured the ground was stable, before turning off the vehicle.

Damn. I was really hoping to keep this car. Johnny assumed the suspension may have taken a good beating, but it should still get him back to the road. He had driven over worse roads in worse cars.

>>You still good? I am on foot.<<
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1335 hrs - Overlook, across from Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

There is an old signboard near the entrance to a mostly overgrown hiking trail that seems to lead around the lake. An old signboard near the start of the trail has the remnant of a faded and torn map of the area still fastened to it. The map shows a trail marked as private that comes from a housing development to where it intersects with the lake trail. That private trail looks to be a couple of hundred meters up along the trail. Given the scale on the map, you think it might take less than half an hour to get to the housing development from here.

>>I am still contained in room, but have toilet to use. It is good that you come. I have heard that man they are waiting for will be here in an hour. What is plan? I wait until man arrives then we strike or maybe go with new man to another place?<<
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1335 hrs - Overlook, across from Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>Are you in a situation that you can escape and defend yourself if they come in ready to execute? If so, I will wait and follow. If not, then it will probably take me 20-30 minutes to sneak around to the house and I will be ready to charge in. The car will be far away, so we will need to snag another ride.<<

Johnny popped the trunk to see what Elana had acquired from the men at Shelly's house. Hopefully something big, or at least some high grade ammo that would fit his Guardian.
Mercy

>>I am always in a position where I can defend myself. Is different when talking about escaping. Might be hard. Keep me informed of progress. Wait.<<

A couple of minutes go by then you get another message comes through. >>Was just told that man is on way to talk to me. When the messenger left he was chuckling and said something about worm food. Is joke of some kind?<<

You do not find any ammo for your weapon, but there are several pistols in the trunk.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1340 hrs - Overlook, across from Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny grabs an additional Ares Predator V from the trunk. He drops the magazine, clears the chamber, then ensures the mag is full. He reloads the weapon, making a mental note to chamber it later, then he is on his way down the trail.

>>Worm food means they are going to execute you. I'm 20 min out, on foot, heading you direction.<<
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1340 hrs - Overlook, across from Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>Hmm. I consider that a bit rude of my host. I don't think I like this party much and am ready to go home. I think we should wait until man comes. He might have information for us. What do you think?<<

The path is overgrown and your twenty minutes would seem to have been a bit on the low side. About halfway to the house you realize that you are going to be at least thirty minutes.
Bastard

>>Sounds good.<<

Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1355 hrs - Pathway to Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny picks his way through the rough terrain, only stopping to update Elana on the situation.

>>I am still 15 minutes away. Path is rougher than I thought.<<

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1355 hrs - Pathway to Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>Is OK. Man has just arrived. One of the men here has just told me that I will be needed in a few minutes. Do you have any advice on what sort of questions I need to ask to get information that will help us? He may talk if he knows I will soon be dead.<<

Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1356 hrs - Pathway to Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>Find out who and what they are looking for. trying to hrry, if nedeed convince them your not shelly, maybe shellys sistre<<

Johnny sped up the pace down the trail. He couldn't go too much faster, with the trail overgrown, but he went as fast as he could. He knew Elana could handle herself, but he didn't like not being there for the limited back up he was.

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1401 hrs - Pathway to Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>Am being moved from the room. There seems to be many men in the house now. I have counted twelve that I did not see earlier. It is not a good sign that they allow me to see their faces. Going into dining room. There is a man at the end of the table that looks important so he might be the man. I am not sure that I can kill all of these men without your help, Johnny. Still, not in direct danger yet, so you have time to be careful.<<

You finally reach the edge of the tree line and can look out over a patch of grass to the back of a large house. Any thought that you might be in the wrong place is chased away by the sight of two teams of two men that are walking a patrol route around the house. Otherwise, besides the lights on, the place gives the indication of not being well maintained and the grass has not seen any real care for some time.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1411 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>I am here. But there are 4 guards outside.<<

Johnny looks for a way around the guards where he can move to the front of the house without being spotted.
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1411 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

As you watch, it actually looks like they two pairs of guards in the rear are not well synchronized and none of the men appears to be paying much attention to his surroundings. It is so hard to get good help these days, even for thugs. If you wait three minutes, you might be able to get to the rear of the house while both teams are out of sight.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1412 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Before moving, Johnny weighs his options. He looks for places to hide in the back, in case the rear door is locked. Checks the guards routes, are they walking the same direction or overlapping? Is there a clear shot to the front, or side in case he needs to change his approach or flee midway? If he gets into a fire fight with the guards, are they heavily armed or do any look to have magic abilities?
[ Spoiler ]

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1420 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

The two guard teams seem to be armed with shotguns, but they are carrying them loosely and not really at the ready. Each pair of men seems to be chatting among themselves and they stop for a few moments as they pass each other going in opposite directions. There is a shed of some kind in the back as well as some patio furniture. Whoops! A small bit of movement from one of the deck chairs gets you to focus on what appears to be a woman lounging there. While you watch, she sits up and turns around, letting you and one of the guard teams see that she is topless and has a very nice chest. She does a pretty good job of ignoring the guard team. She stands and walks off into the house, her ass looking just as nice as her tits. The guards shake their heads and talk a bit more animatedly as they continue their round.

You might be able to parallel them from the tree line as they move around to the front.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1420 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

When the guards move off, Johnny carefully follows the group moving to the side of the house offering better coverage to approach the back door if needed. When he reaches a point where someone inside the house cannot see him, he reassesses the situation. Take a chance on the back door, or go for the front?
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1421 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

As you follow the one pair of guards, you think that you can hear more voices from around the front of the house. There are few places where someone inside the house could not see you if they were looking out a window as there are just too many windows. No one seems to give any sort of alarm......................yet.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1421 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny looks for open windows or a side door. It may be possible to approach the house from a 45 degree angle, or from the side. If that isn't a possibility, Elana may have to make a mad dash for it.

When he finds good cover, he pauses to send his partner a message.

[Johnny>Elana]>>>What's your status? Outside is heavily guarded, and may be beyond my ability.<<<
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1425 hrs - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

You do not see another door on this side of the building, but the sliding glass door at the back that leads from the patio is open. You do not see any movement through the windows looking out onto the patio, but the woman had gone in there a short time ago.

>>Would it help if I started a distraction? If so, you will need to come in a hurry because there are a number of men in the house and although I could maybe kill all of them by myself, you would miss out on the fun. Tell me what you want me to do.<<
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1425 hrs - Outside
Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

>>I'll move first. Go if you hear anything.<<

Johnny looks for the best opportunity to approach the house before making his move.
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1425 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

You make a break for the house as the guards walk away. Your heart is pounding as you wait for someone to raise an alarm, but everything stays quiet. Almost. You think that you hear some one sobbing quietly from a room just off the large sunroom that leads out to the patio.

OOC:

Not where I can make a roll. Let's just say you made it.
Bastard

[Johnny>Elana]>>>I hear someone crying. I am about to enter the back.<<<

Johnny quickly peeks in the rear door, his Guardian is now out, charged with silencer attached.
Mercy

>>It is not me doing the crying and I do not hear it.<<

Peeking into the room shows you an entertainment room, with a large trivid screen on a wall to the right, a pool table and air hockey table over to the left, and a partial wet bar the fills the right front corner of the large room. The sobbing seems to be coming from beyond an open door to the left, past the pool table. There is a door in the opposite wall.
Bastard

>>Entering.<<

As quietly as possible, Johnny opens the slider. Hopefully the sobbing covers up the squeak from this piece of drek. It seems silent enough as he enters, scanning the room through his heavy pistols sights.

[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1426 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

You do not seem to have aroused any alarm as you enter the house and nothing seems to change as you observe the room. The sobbing is not that loud, but it is noticeable................until it stops and you hear someone talking from the same room. "Fucking bastard. God, how did I ever get into this drek? Damn and fuck all." There is the noise of someone moving about in the next room.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1426 - Inside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny quietly closes the door behind him.

>>In<<

He moves to the corner where he can access the hallway or next room.
Mercy

As you move to the corner, you hear footsteps approaching your room from where the woman had been crying.
Bastard

Johnny moves to the wall aiming his pistol about head high at the rooms entrance, hoping to capture the approaching person by surprise.
Mercy

And catch her by surprise you do. The willowy woman you had seen sunbathing on the patio walks into the lounge room you are in and sees you. She freezes but drops her glass, which hits the floor, shattering. She almost screams but a slight movement of your pistol shuts her up. She is still topless but has a large robe across one shoulder. She is quite attractive and she eyes you up and down before shrugging her shoulders, making no move to cover herself. "I have not seen you before. Are you here to kill Abe?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012