Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Johnny
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1431 - Inside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny stays in the doorway exchanging the half spent may for a new one while watching and listening for more goons. It would have been so much easier and cleaner if he had had time to talk his way through, but these frags didn't seem to be the talking type, and it didn't sound like Elana had much time. He hoped that this would not be the way the rest of things were going to go.

"Elana, which one is the boss?"
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1432 - Inside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

"I have boss................" You hear a groan and then the sound of someone falling to the ground. Turning your head, you see that Elana has made it through the broken window but has fallen a few feet past it. As you watch, she struggles to a kneeling position, one hand at her waist, her now unruly hair falling to conceal her face as she looks down at the man on the ground.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1432 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

Johnny climbs through the window, scanning for exterior guards.

"Did you just get hit, or was that from before? Can you make it to the car?"

Mercy

Elana shakes her head without looking up as she pulls her hand away from her stomach and you see fresh blood on her fingers. "Was careless and got in way of bullet when I was clearing the room." She lurches a bit forward, placing her other hand on the ground to support herself. "More guards should be coming. Take man to car and leave. I will buy you enough time. Can still do that."

Indeed, you can hear noises from inside the house.
Bastard

"You're coming with me. If I have to drop this fat fuck, then that is what we do. All we really need is his comlink anyways. Now lets move.
[ Spoiler ]

He makes for the quickest route away from view from the back of the house.
Mercy

Elana smiles and shakes her head as she uses your arm to stand. "I have his 'link, already, if you want to leave him. Still think you are making a bad choice, but I do appreciate it." She leans against you a bit to steady herself then looks down at the now unconscious man. "Do we leave him to talk bad about us?"
Bastard

"Doesn't matter, there are still a bunch that aren't all the way dead back in there."

Johnny scans the area trying to estimate how far the guards are behind them, if they can make it to the treeline, or if they should just dump the cargo and go.
[ Spoiler ]

Mercy

You cannot really tell, but it seems like there is a lot of shouting from inside the house and it is getting closer. You realize that you can help Elana walk or carry the now unconscious man at your feet, but not both and that Elana is not in a condition to help much. She has told you that she has his 'link.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1433 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

"Let's move Shelly. Fuck this guy."

He assisted Elana the best he could to move into concealment. Maybe they would have to make use of an abandoned building before heading to the car.
[ Spoiler ]

Mercy

Elana nods and pulls the gun you gave her from where she had put it at the small of her back and fires three rounds into the unconscious man's head. Leaning on your arm, she walks with you, her soft groans and slower pace being sure indications that she is in pain. Peeking around the corner of the house, you see that almost all of the guards at the cars have disappeared, probably inside, leaving only one man outside that you can see.
Bastard

"Cover this corner," Johnny instructs her, pointing back toward the rear of the house.

He continues toward the front of the house, attempting to get the drop on any remaining guards.
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy

Elana nods and the lack of any sort of quip from her is a sure indicator that something is wrong. You here some shots fired from somewhere behind you, but you do not see anyone back there and no bullets strike anywhere near you. As you sneak forward, the lone man that you had seen is joined by two more. All three are armed with SMGs of some kind but are looking over to the door and do not seem to notice you. Suddenly, the door to the house opens and the other woman comes running out, screaming her head off in Japanese and pointing back into the house. She collapses to the ground near the cars as the guards confer with each other briefly before two of them head off to the house at a run, leaving only the one man out front.
Bastard

"Lets move."

Johnny sneaks up on the man, gun ready to take him down when necessary. Elana should now be able to use the corner of the house as cover.

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1434 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

The gunman near the cars has his attention on the front door of the house and does not notice you until you are very close. Maybe too close. He hears a scuff of a foot in the gravel drive, perhaps, or maybe your breathing, but he turns to see you approaching and raises his SMG. A shot rings out and you see that the woman has tried to shoot the man, but her aim is wide and the bullet spangs into one of the cars. But even though the shot is off target, it startles the man, who now has two targets and he seems unable to choose one right away.
Bastard

Johnny drops the gunman with a burst from his Savalette.
[ Spoiler ]

"Get in the fucking car," he directs the woman, hoping she knows where the keys are. He searches the mans pockets for car keys while trying to maintain the car between he and the naked woman, and the wall and the front of the house.
[ Spoiler ]

"How you doing E?" he calls over to his bloodied partner pulling rear security at the corner of the house.
Mercy

The woman has managed to put on some sort of wrap that does not do much to hide her body, but she does respond quickly enough, standing up and moving towards the car you have indicated. "Hey, some thanks would be nice. That's twice I helped you." She jumps in the passenger side and calls out, "Hey keys are in here."

Elana is still standing at the corner of the house but you are not sure how much longer she will be standing. her left hand is pressed against her stomach and her right is busy holding up the building.

Bastard

She isn't shooting, so hopefully that means no one is immediately present.

"Elana, get in the car," he moves to her to help, if needed.

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1435 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

She pretty much needs help. As she steps away from the corner of the building to come to you, she collapses to her knees. Struggling to get up, she just shakes her head and gives you a weak smile as you come up to her. "Damn, Johnny. It hurts pretty bad. Not sure................" Her eyes roll up into her head and she pitches forward onto the grass.

As you bend over her, you hear someone running up behind you and the other woman calls out. "Looks like I get a trifecta out of this helping you with shit. If she is important to you, we need to get her into the car fast. Let me help." She bends over and puts her hands under one of Elana's arms and helps you drag her to the car. "Fuck, this woman is bleeding to death. I'll sit back here and do what I can and you get us the fuck out of here and to a clinic of some sort."
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1435 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

They load Elana into the car quickly. Johnny scramble into the driver seat, and starts the car. He keeps his head low for cover, and his heavy pistol up for reactive fire if need be.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1437 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

As you peel out of the large parking area, two men come running out of the house, but duck back inside quickly. The woman in the back calls out, "Hey, not to overstate the obvious, but this woman is not doing well. Do you know a clinic of some kind? And we should ditch this car as soon as we can. And who the hell are you two, anyway?"
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1437 - Outside Elana/Shelly's location, Seattle

No shit.

Johnny is going to have to ask Rook for another favor.

"Rook. Johnny. Need a doctor. A surgeon. Fast. Immediately."
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1440 - Heading to Seattle

Once on the long driveway, you begin racing for the main road back to the city. The response from Rook is pretty quick. >>Gil Martin. Use the comcode and address I am sending you. Give him the particulars. Stay alive, friend.<<
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1437 - Driving - Heading toward meet with Dr. Martin, Seattle

"Thanks," Johnny told Rook and quickly hung up, then dialing the number when the text came through.

"Can you keep pressure on her wounds? Keep her feet elevated and keep her talking."

"Dr. Martin. I am a friend of Rook's and I got a friend suffering from at least one shot to the abdomen."

He headed for the address Rook sent him. This car was much nicer than his, handling the slick roads rippled with potholes without falling apart. It had been a long while since he had been behind the wheel of something that didn't backfire or have a flashing check engine light.

He called back to the previously naked woman, "Can you tell where she is shot and how many entries?"

Back to the phone he continued, "Is it better to meet halfway, or is the location your shop?"
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1440 - Driving - Heading toward meet with Dr. Martin, Seattle

The woman's voice is a bit high, as if she is close to panicking. "How the fuck am I supposed to know how many times she is shot? It seems like only one wound, though. But there is so much blood here I might have missed some."

>>I am sending you the address of the clinic and am assembling my team. Abdomen wounds are not usually good. Is there much bleeding?<<

OOC

The woman has been in the back with Elana.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1440 - Driving - Heading toward meet with Dr. Martin, Seattle

"Yes. A lot."

Johnny struggled to get his armor jacket off, then his shirt. "Here," he said, handing the shirt to the woman. "Put this on the wound and hold it on there hard."
Mercy

There is a pause before the man replies. >>I will do my best, but you are paying regardless. This sort of wound is very bad............you understand?<<

The woman in the back is talking softly to Elana, but you cannot make out the words.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1441 - Driving - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

"Yes, I am not too far out. Where do you want me to park so we can get her right in?"
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1444 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

The doctor gives direction on where to park and has a nurse and two other men waiting when the car stops. They quickly transfer Elana to a gurney and wheel her into the building. Inside, a second nurse points to a couple of chairs in a small room off to the side. The other woman gratefully takes a seat and rests her head against the wall behind her. "My name is Karla, by the way. Thank you for not killing me, too."
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1444 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

"I do what I can, Karla. Johnny. Lets see if we can find you some scrubs or something."

Before searching for the change room, he looks through Elana's things for the commlink she picked up. Once that is found he checks all his weapons and ensures they are fully loaded.

"We should get moving, quick," he tells Karla.

To Dr. Martin's staff he says, "Call Bert. He will take care of the woman." He provides the number to the staff.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1450 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

Karla looks down at herself then over at you and snickers. "Yeah, like a quick change of clothes is going to do any good. Have you seen yourself, or taken a look at me?" She motions to a mirror on the wall. Looking at it, you see yourself splattered with blood. "But you are probably right about moving on, though. You did not manage to kill everyone there and someone might have called someone else and my guess is that the someone else might be looking for you.....for us. Any ideas?"
Bastard

"You are right," he said to Karla. To one of the staff that wasn't completely occupied he asked, "Do you have locker room where we might grab some scrubs?"
Mercy

The nurse takes a look at you and smiles. "Sure, and a shower, too. You get cleaned up and I will set out some scrubs for you." The nurse shows you both to a bathroom with a large shower. "Sorry, only got the one, but it is big enough that we can have one of the nurses wash a patient if necessary. I will be back in a few with the clothes."

Karla looks at the shower then you and smiles as she begins to remove her clothes, not that she was wearing much in the first place. "Hey, how do you want to work this? I got no problem with you taking a shower with me. After all, you have seen my naked already. Still, if you are modest...................."

She drops her shirt, revealing her braless breasts and bends over to remove her pants.
Bastard

Johnny is obviously impressed with her physic, but now is not the time for games. The phone Elana had taken could possibly be tracked, though it most likely a burner, and fills Karla in. "We should hurry and get cleaned up, then get the hell out of here. The phone and the car may be traced here, so we must be quick."
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1452 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

Karla looks up at you when she is finished stripping. "I get that we are on a time crunch and was not volunteering to have sex with you in the shower, but we can relook that idea later if you are interested. I was just stating that we could both use the water and get it done quicker. Your choice." She steps over to the shower and turns the water on, letting it get nice and hot before stepping in.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1452 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

Johnny nods in agreement, and joins her in the shower, leaving his Savalette within arms reach. He quickly soaps up and rinses off getting mostly clean. He quickly dries off and starts dressing in the scrubs the nurse has provided. His once styled hair is left a mess, somewhat organized by his fingers.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1459 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

Karla takes just a little bit longer to clean herself, but it out of the shower and drying herself before you are finished. She puts her hair in a pony tail and dresses quickly. Once in the scrubs, she pulls at the top and laughs. "Not really stylish, but certainly better than dead." She looks up at you. "Thank you again for saving my life. So, what do we do now?"
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1500 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

"No thanks required. I would have really preferred no bullets were fired... As of what next, we need to get out of here. Do you have a place I can take you, that your 'friends' back there don't know about. Once we can get some space, we can dig into this link and figure out where to go next. I would like to clear you of all of this as soon as possible. You don't want to be dealing with megacorps. Trust me."
Mercy

Karla laughs. "That guy was corp. They know all about me, so it is a good thing I don't have any family they can threaten. I have no apartment, although I do have some furniture in a long-term storage place. I did take some classes on modern computers at Uni..............yes, I actually did go to college, thank you for looking so surprised. I only need a few credits to get a degree. Anyway, I was thinking that I might be able to take a look at the 'link, if you like."
Bastard

Johnny hands her the link. "Have at it. In my hands it would only end up broken."

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1501 - Dr. Martin's Clinic, Seattle

Karla laughs. "Then you better give it to me right away before that happens, eh?" She pauses. "So, we leaving your friend behind?"
Bastard

"Unfortunately. She is probably going to need a lot of bed rest and is going to have to lay low, out of the fight for some time."
Mercy

Karla nods as she finishes folding the towels and stacking them on a counter. "Got it. So where do we go so I can look at the 'link? And we really do need to get rid of the car before they start looking for it."
Bastard

"We can go switch it out for my car. Unfortunately it is near the scene of the crime... After we solve that issue, we can head over to Gordan's. It is low key and used to the likes of us."
Mercy

Karla laughs. "Drive all the way back there to swap cars? You like to live dangerously, don't you?" She shrugs. "Hey, I am in if you are."
Bastard

"This car may have a gps locator. My piece of shit does not."
Mercy

Karla shrugs her shoulders and nods. "I would bet that you are correct about the locator in this car. OK, I am sticking around a bit so tell me what you need me to do."
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1501 - Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle

It wasn't a good plan, but it was a plan. What might make things better is not using the current vehicle, so the first stop is long term parking at Seattle-Tacoma International. Stealing a car is a good option, but there are taxis readily available, everywhere. Instead of flagging one down at taxi-alley though, Johnny tries to get one outside the airport parking lot, where they are returning to wait in line.

Once acquiring the transportation, he and Karla return to the vehicle. For keeping things off the log, and securing his silence, Johnny pays the driver double.

Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1621 - Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle

For double, you easily find a cabbie willing to go out to where you left your vehicle.
Bastard
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1600 - The scene of the crime, Seattle

Passing the road to the shootout location Johnny looks for signs of activity. Police or otherwise. If the back road appears clear, he will proceed with the vehicle pickup.
Mercy
Wednesday 12 June 2075 - 1621 - The scene of the crime, Seattle

Karla sinks down in the seat a bit as the cab approaches the small gas station and store at the crossroads, which appears to be open, but there are no vehicles in the parking lot. There is no activity on the road leading to the mansion and you decide to press on to where you had left your car. The cabbie grunts a bit at the location but does not say anything.

The car is just as you left it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012