Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 86ing the 88s
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
mister__joshua
I've posted Jan's intentions, but not sure what more I can do until I know the situation around the corner smile.gif
Mercy
Resist Compulsion. Willpower 6 + Logic 6 = 12d6: Resist Compulsion: 12d6t5 4

Success
mister__joshua
If I engage the grenade-thrower in hand-to-hand, is that still part of the same IP I ran around the corner with? I guess so, and that's what I want to do. If not I think he'll be going before me again.
Jack_Spade
You are free to engage in hand to hand.

Just in case, here is his defense test:
Defense: 14d6t5 5
mister__joshua
And just to check the rules, if I engage him in hth and miss, he can't shoot me with a rifle without a hth roll can he? Cos we'd be in combat?

I've been trying to relearn the rules recently, when I have chance. How do I perform a disarm?
Jack_Spade
Disarm is a -4 dp called shot (you need your free action and your complex action for that)

And no, he can still shoot you, but he has -3 to hit (although you have -3 to dodge being shot too)
mister__joshua
I think I'm just gonna try and launch him, and hope for the best.

As I ran after him I'm assuming I'm ok to charge? Even though there's loads I want to buy, for fairness I decided against buying 'ware mid-scene so the charge bonus offsets the stun damage:

Melee wipe-out! Edged: 18d6h5 10

10 hits, his defense was 5 leaving 5 net hits. Jan hits quite hard. Not monowhip hard, but 11P+net hits, so 16P. I'm hoping that's enough to knock him off the bin at least! biggrin.gif

Edit: the charge actually made no difference anyway...
I'll get an IC post up once I know the outcome
Jack_Spade
Nice,

the street sam has
Soak: 30d6t5 9
and takes 7S due to his gel packs this is enough to make him fall down.
Aria
Not sure where we are sitting in combat time at the moment...but I suspect with Glo's initiative I've got a little bit before you need another response from me?!? I've got an idea of what I want to do next but it will depend a little bit on whether the dwarf is still in the matrix or if he's been dumped entirely by the destruction of his drone...?
Jack_Spade
The dwarf will be very dumped and barely conscious after the drone destruction (hot sim is dangerous) and IIRC you still have an action phase left in this round after dealing with the mage.
Aria
Where's his RCC? Considering putting a burst of APDS through it...assuming it's not in his lap...or maybe even then ork.gif
Jack_Spade
Not visible from your position, but a later inspection would reveal it to be in the armored glove compartment - Vulcan Liege Lord RCC with a modded Stealth attribute smile.gif
Jack_Spade
Ok, if I see this right we are about finished with this whole intermezzo.
The street sam just lost the spells the mage laid on him and the spirit will depart momentarily

The Sam draws a Ruger and tries to hit Jan:

-3 to fire while in melee, -2 because he is wounded/winded and he lost his agility boost.
Shoot: 11d6t5 1[11d6t5=3, 6, 1, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1]
... yeah, even with -3 to dodge, Jan will probably be able to avoid that shot.
mister__joshua
Jan isn't close to finished with these guys wink.gif

I'll get a defence roll done later but if it's holding things up feel free to do it for me biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
I assumed that as you mentioned it in the IC I could block against the Sam even though it was a ranged attack. I also assumed I could block with only 4 initiative left, but I can't remember exactly how that works.

Block: 11d6t5 5

If I can't block then I pass the defense test anyway, (3 successes) and possibly also get to attack again.
Jack_Spade
It's fine - you can't block a ranged attack, but it doesn't matter.
Anybody who has a third initiative phase can act now. The enemies are all down.
mister__joshua
I know we went a bit out of sequence, but I believe still need to act in the second IP. I was last in the first
Jack_Spade
Ah, right. Do your thing wink.gif
mister__joshua
Not at PC, but unless the fights over I'd like to go for a good old fashioned stomp! Do I get superior position? If so I'll get 16 dice (including wound modifiers and opponent prone)

Ps. I rolled some dice and got 4 hits
Jack_Spade
Defense: 12d6t5 2 [12d6t5=1, 1, 4, 1, 3, 1, 5, 1, 1, 2, 1, 5]
And there's the glitch...

Your kick knocks his weapon away
Soak: 30d6t5 9
That's 4 more stun damage and the Street Sam is k.o.
mister__joshua
Cool. I'll IC that attack tomorrow. Is that everyone down now then? Is there anyone left to act?
adamu
Back from my trip. Looks like good timing as things maybe almost but not quite caught up with Al...I'll be around. ...
Mercy
Tanya does not know that all the foes are down and will probably head to the van. She is asking Jan if he knows, since she does not have access to your communications net.
Jack_Spade
Once the dwarf is taken care off, we can proceed to load the cars and have them taken to a Chop Shop (John has Glistening Pete as a contact - Ghoul Chop Shop taking care of machines and bodies alike wink.gif )
mister__joshua
Jan doesn't know of Glos activities so I'll likely go with.

@Jack: Jan has tamanous connections he likes to keep happy, and also has a doc contact so there's somewhere for me to strip the expensive bits out of the bodies. We probably should interrogate one too. Docs surgery is good for that.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 6 2017, 06:23 PM) *
Jan doesn't know of Glos activities so I'll likely go with.

@Jack: Jan has tamanous connections he likes to keep happy, and also has a doc contact so there's somewhere for me to strip the expensive bits out of the bodies. We probably should interrogate one too. Docs surgery is good for that.

Well, I've got one triad soldier and one hired thug, both restrained, both badly hurt, but both still conscious ambulatory. Very convenient.

And Al has let Jan and John know he has them. So I think we're squared as far as interrogation subjects go.

They may have different aspects of knowledge about what we're interested in, that's why I got one of each.

I guess you guys need to IC mopping up the van/hooking up with Glo?

Then I'll be right with you.
Jack_Spade
John has the Valkyrie Module on his car, allowing him to stabilize the wounded (and interrogate them)

With 8 dead Triads and four dead runners there are enough bodies to go around for all our contacts. biggrin.gif

For Cyberware: The Troll has Titanium Bones, two obvious cyberarms with enhanced strength and agility + armor, Synaptic Booster R2, and some other miscellaneous stuff
The Street Sam has Wired Reflexes and Reaction enhancers, Orthoskin and implanted Smartlink
Both have data jacks.
The dwarf has an R2 Rigger Control, Reaction Enhancers and his Vulcan RCC
All have Full Body Armors with chem seal and non-conductivity. The Ninja Ork has thermal dampening in addition.
Add to that miscellaneous weapons and ammo.
adamu
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Apr 7 2017, 10:24 AM) *
John has the Valkyrie Module on his car, allowing him to stabilize the wounded (and interrogate them)

With 8 dead Triads and four dead runners there are enough bodies to go around for all our contacts. biggrin.gif

For Cyberware: The Troll has Titanium Bones, two obvious cyberarms with enhanced strength and agility + armor, Synaptic Booster R2, and some other miscellaneous stuff
The Street Sam has Wired Reflexes and Reaction enhancers, Orthoskin and implanted Smartlink
Both have data jacks.
The dwarf has an R2 Rigger Control, Reaction Enhancers and his Vulcan RCC
All have Full Body Armors with chem seal and non-conductivity. The Ninja Ork has thermal dampening in addition.
Add to that miscellaneous weapons and ammo.

I think the mage and the dwarf will actually be dead by the time Tanya gets done with them.
Pretty sure all the goons are dead besides the one I captured.
And then there's the ork that I captured.

Pretty sure troll and human not dead yet.
Based on assumption above, they soon will be....

While Al thinks bleeding out in a ditch is probably too good for these guys and in fact it would be good policy to either kill or torture-then-kill them, not sure all PCs feel the same way, so we might want to resolve their fates through RP rather than rush ahead to divvying up their ware OOC.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 7 2017, 01:42 PM) *
While Al thinks bleeding out in a ditch is probably too good for these guys and in fact it would be good policy to either kill or torture-then-kill them, not sure all PCs feel the same way, so we might want to resolve their fates through RP rather than rush ahead to divvying up their ware OOC.

Oh we'll for sure do it IC. I haven't gotten to actually strip the ware of of someone before and it's a big part of my background. I even took the necessary skills! I also think stripping the ware out of someone while they're conscious might make a good interrogation method?

Jan is fully in the 'then kill' category. There's not a chance any of these guys will live, but the rest of their lives could be more or less painful. I don't think the characters all need to feel the same way. Jan and Al will act along the same lines, John is essentially 'hired' (and very callous, and Jack is GM at the moment) and the whip chicks, while probably feeling differently, aren't really part of the team yet in the same way. Unless they, for some reason, wanted to try and defend the nearly-dead runners smile.gif
Mercy
Are we going to assume that Glo kills the mage and rigger at the van before Tanya gets there?
Aria
The Mage is already decapitated, good luck with interrogating her! Haven't decided what she'll do to the rigger yet, she is after Intel too but it is unlikely that a runner would have the answers she wants!
Aria
In fact from her perspective Tanya probably has the best chance of giving her answers, now that really could get interesting fast ork.gif
Mercy
Yes, it could get interesting. Tanya is on her way to the van now, leaving Jan free to do his murderous best with the man and troll. Finding Glo there will be unexpected.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Mercy @ Apr 7 2017, 03:35 PM) *
Yes, it could get interesting. Tanya is on her way to the van now, leaving Jan free to do his murderous best with the man and troll. Finding Glo there will be unexpected.

Hey! I've left them alive for now nyahnyah.gif

It's not like Jan revels in murder like a psychopath. He just doesn't like loose ends. Maybe he's a little OCD biggrin.gif

I like to think of him as 'efficient' in an uncaring sort of way
adamu
Well, I started the killing in my IC post.

I am sensing we are past it, but stopped just short of completion in case anyone wants to try to stop me.

Otherwise, assume Al finishes the troll and then, if no one else does, any other survivors that we are going to transport (besides the two prisoners). He doesn't care too much about anyone we are leaving behind.
Aria
Ok, might be overstepping here but we seem to have moved out of combat time…if anyone would prefer she could just as easily coup de grace with her whip or smg, I just like the imagery of using his own weapon! If it is even remotely likely that he will resist then I can amend the IC to an APDS burst to the cerebellum…

As an aside, what happens to non aoe combat spells that ‘miss’ …did the lightening bolt from the mage bounce around the inside of the van???
Jack_Spade
Yeah, combat's pretty much over. Missing lightning bolts do the same damage as missing bullets wink.gif

Thanks for an entertaining little rampage embarrassed.gif
mister__joshua
I quite enjoyed that biggrin.gif
adamu
Yeah, I suppose the right thing to do would be to step in and take a turn, throw something fun everyone's way.

Thing is, not sure how fun it would be....Jack was nice enough to give us a sporting chance.

With the Triads serious after you, I envision something more along the lines of poisoned food, ritual magic, car bombs, and snipers half a mile out....

I guess if I think of something remotely fair in game terms, you'll know when I post it.....
mister__joshua
I think from what I've read about the 88s they're a lot more into technology than the other triads and have a techno instead of a Mage as lodge master.

I'll take a turn GMing at some point, but I think my lack of rules rememberiness might be a limiting factor.
adamu
Rules schmules.

Go for it if you're feeling it, dude.
Mercy
I am a bit confused as to where we all are just now. I thought I was at the van looking at Glo's handiwork. To my knowledge, that van was at the end of the alley away from where the troll and Sammy were, and where John and Al had brought the wounded ones. Al has killed the troll but that leaves three wounded runners, or did you guys kill more of them? Also did not two of the thugs escape and run away? If so, they probably took at least one of their vans with them.

It seems that we have jumped past any interaction between us and Glo so are we assuming that she did her deed and left?
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Apr 8 2017, 04:50 PM) *
I am a bit confused as to where we all are just now. I thought I was at the van looking at Glo's handiwork. To my knowledge, that van was at the end of the alley away from where the troll and Sammy were, and where John and Al had brought the wounded ones. Al has killed the troll but that leaves three wounded runners, or did you guys kill more of them? Also did not two of the thugs escape and run away? If so, they probably took at least one of their vans with them.

It seems that we have jumped past any interaction between us and Glo so are we assuming that she did her deed and left?

No question plenty of the usual PbP fog around.

Disposition of hired killers:
Ork badly hurt (physical condition monitor almost but not quite filled by bullet wounds, probably some stun too), restrained as a prisoner.
Troll killed by Al.
Mage dead - decapitated by Glo.
Dwarf dead - shot in head, decorating interior of van with brains, by Glo.
Human unconscious, Al will kill him if no one already did while he was finishing the troll.

Disposition of triad goons -
Al killed two, one is restrained with all but one box of his physical condition monitor filled (pipe to the head).
Various others were sliced, gunned down, or ran - I lost track.

Van - I think you are right, I think it is a bit of a distance away from the construction site wall where everyone else seems to be.

As for Glo, inside the van was last stated location. I think it would be cool if Tanya met her. She knows who Tanya is, having been present in the bar during previous meet (not sure if she was able to hear everything).
She invisible if she's around, but Tanya has all sorts of ultrasound stuff, right?

That's my understanding of things, just a bid to sort of clear a bit of fog, get on the same page....
mister__joshua
I agree with Adamu's summation, that's how I understood it. I think Mercy's point was that Al's last post kinda skips past Tanya and Glo meeting by having the van that Glo is in suddenly moved to the construction site and loaded with troll nyahnyah.gif

Not a problem. I think Al's post was maybe just a tad too expediting. wink.gif
Aria
Hmmm... yes...it might be easier if Glo doesn't confront Tanya now, in a car park surrounded by dead goons isn't the best place after all... so for brevity I will assume that she has hightailed it away from the van on the assumption that she will organise a 'chat' with Tanya at a more convenient time!

That work for everyone? Plus it means that I won't slow things down while being away next week...

?!?

rotate.gif
mister__joshua
I watched Universal Soldier at the weekend and am considering replacing Jan's profile photo with Dolph Lundgren nyahnyah.gif

Ps. I've spent all Jan's cash and karma. I'll post his new sheet up after this combat. He's definitely more 'effective' now biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
I've got the prisoners. I'm 'taking care of it' nyahnyah.gif
Jack_Spade
Just a little heads-up: I'll be on vacation in Scottland over the next week. So my connection to the internet might be a bit infrequent. If anything comes up just assume that John for once is keeping his mouth shut and will vote for the option promising the most fun and carnage. wink.gif
mister__joshua
Well, that was a long one smile.gif
Mercy
Just to clear up a misconception, the two Mafia goons that Tanya mentioned are dead. She is interested in knowing who paid them, or paid the guys that paid them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012