Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 86ing the 88s
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Aria
Forgive my addled brain: Mercy, has Silk had any dealings with Lady T? I can't recall? I'm assuming she doesn't know John too but that might not be accurate?! I think she would know Jan by reputation...
Jack_Spade
As is the nature of our games, John has by now a 8 Street Rep (not to mention Distinctive Style), so it's totally ok for Silk to know of him, if not personally. Most relevant is probably John's close connection to S-K... wink.gif
Aria
Well the street rep rules are frankly silly! I ignore them but noted on John, will have to read up on his char background on OP smile.gif
Mercy
Silk might know of her in one or more of three ways:

Lady Tanya is a well known socialite who contributes to many worthwhile charities. She comes by her title honestly and by all accounts is quite wealthy.

Lady Tanya is an accomplished thief and Silk may know of her activities in that field.

Silk might know of her if she had anything at all to do with sending her on that attack against the Yaks to help save the kidnapped children. Spriggan may have said something about her.
adamu
Hey, sort of threw water on the "go get the mafia guy right now" idea just because if we get into that in the morning hours, seems like it'll be a lot of time before we're able to get the whole group together - whereas anything we do after the noon meeting, then anyone wants to be a part of it can...
Mercy
Sorry about that. I was just trying to give you guys a potential side mission to take up the time until she finishes getting her boss home and tucked in bed.
mister__joshua
Sorry I've not been keeping up recently. I'll try and get up to date
Aria
Given where we are in the story and how often DS seems to implode at the moment, is it worth asking Obi nicely if we can move the rest of this thread over to RPG???
Jack_Spade
If we can migrate mister__joshua too I'm all for it biggrin.gif
adamu
Whatever site is fine with me.
mister__joshua
I'm up for moving. I told Aria yesterday I'm done with Dumpshock. TBH I've totally lost track of where we are cos every time i get chance to log in its down

I still vote Mythweavers for all it's features and the potential for more players (well known site dedicated to pbp rpg) but am happy to move to obis site. Tried to make an account yesterday but it didn't work. I'll try again at the weekend
Aria
I will try and make a page on Obi's site when he unlocks a bit of it...

I'm thinking Triads and Tribulations as a working title?! We should be able to pick up after we all finish verbally bashing Lady T biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
Hey. I finally found a time where dumpshock was up and managed to catch up with the game!

In Game: I didn't want to post and 'spoil' what was going on, but how much information is Jan likely to get out of his captives, and if we get the info we need then where does that leave this next bit and/or Tanya? John was correct that Jan isn't too hot on the idea, but we can do that better IC. nyahnyah.gif

In terms of forum: I don't want it to sound like I'm trying to sell people on Mythweavers, but I really would like to move the game there for a number of reasons.
- Dice rolling in posts (speeds up posting)
- Charater sheets on the site (Useful if not essential)
- Individual game forums (we could have a 2072 forum section)
- Discord channel (anyone not know what this is? Started over the weekend)
- Big draw of new players (already the MW Shadowrun Discord channel has 2/3 peeps LFG)

The only drawback for me, which is minor, is the colour. But I can live with that.

Obi's forum looks great, and it's a nice idea. I am however skeptical about moving our game to a forum that relies on the interest of one person to maintain. People get bored and move on, or forget. I don't know Obi, maybe he's super dedicated and I'm sure he's a nice chap. But there it is. smile.gif
Aria
Well 86 is sort of your game, if you want it on MW I've no objections (although I do like my alternate title! smile.gif), provided they don't take umbrage at Al's foul mouth or Lady T's sexual antics wink.gif

If we keep SoP on Obi's site and this on MW then we are spreading our net wide biggrin.gif
adamu
Me, I just go where I'm told.

But I'll always find a way to keep posting here on DS - blackouts or not.

Well, the General IC thread is still here - maybe I should get busy on that...
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 16 2017, 02:39 PM) *
In Game: I didn't want to post and 'spoil' what was going on, but how much information is Jan likely to get out of his captives, and if we get the info we need then where does that leave this next bit and/or Tanya? John was correct that Jan isn't too hot on the idea, but we can do that better IC. nyahnyah.gif

I think you can pretty much just decide how much information you got from your prisoners. I mean, we are basically GMless outside of combat on this one.

Just depends on if you want the game to jump forward to having this info, or if you would enjoy playing out a move on this mafia guy (how careless we are with the lives of our imaginary characters!).
I don't think anyone is married to the 'question Flannery' plan - it was just, like, something to do.

So I think whether Jan got that info or not will decide which way we go.

I'm good either way.
mister__joshua
Ok. Takin it a step further, what if Jans info was that it wasn't Rick Wu but was in fact Tanya's boss who ordered the hit? Does that a) screw things up or b) make it really exciting? I'm leaning towards the second one... wink.gif
Mercy
Not sure which hit you are referring to, but I would very much appreciate it if Tanya's boss is not implicated in orchestrating either one. That would sort of be an active action against another player since I have stated from the first what Tanya's intent is here. However, I am not you three and if you decide to do that, just please tell me in advance so I can withdraw Tanya from the game in some fashion to avoid any intra-player fighting.
mister__joshua
I meant the contract on me and Al.

I'm sorry you'd see that as an active action against you. Isn't a GM always acting against the players? Maybe I'm misreading the situation. I've not done collaborative GMing before, but I assumed the point was to make the story interesting by throwing big spanners into people's plans and making them react. I'm aware of Tanya's 'intentions' but unless I'm wrong hasn't she only been with the Triads for a week? She said a few days? I don't know in that time how trusted she is, or how invested in the idea. I just thought you might enjoy a shakeup more than the solo storytelling. I'm sure you/she would still find a way to come out on top.

We can leave all that out though, if you like.
Aria
Just because your intel tells you something, doesn't mean its accurate, especially when coerced ork.gif Needs to be verified!

Has anyone asked Silk who took the hit out on you? She has a pretty good informant network to draw on, for a price!
mister__joshua
That was my thinking, mix up the story a bit, complicate it

I asked Silk who took the hit out at the start of Tangled Currents, but she tried to charge me for the info. As it was her that got me and Al into it I was reluctant to pay nyahnyah.gif
Mercy
No, you are right. I was perhaps investing too much into my own story. If you guys want to shake it up that way we can see what happens. It will be a disappointment for her but she would recover and try to make the best of it.
Aria
Well he's a mobster so calling for a hit on some annoying runners that shat on the 88s (albeit 88s that were being manipulated by a dissonant TM) wouldn't necessarily be out of character... but I do vaguely recall from Lady Ts TC thread that the old women (Wu's mother right?) did specifically say that it was one of the other bosses that wanted the hit (they too could be lying or misinformed nyahnyah.gif)... endless fun to be had biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 17 2017, 12:36 PM) *
That was my thinking, mix up the story a bit, complicate it

I asked Silk who took the hit out at the start of Tangled Currents, but she tried to charge me for the info. As it was her that got me and Al into it I was reluctant to pay nyahnyah.gif

As I recall you were hired by eTher for that run?!? Silk had your backs! But she's an info broker not a fixer, she'd go broke fast if she didn't charge for her intel!
Jack_Spade
Just out of curiosity: How much did Silk ask for that info?
mister__joshua
I don't remember. I don't think I actually asked directly. It was more of a 'and info on the 88s' request
Jack_Spade
I mean we could trade info of greater worth in return. sarcastic.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ May 17 2017, 12:54 PM) *
Just because your intel tells you something, doesn't mean its accurate, especially when coerced ork.gif Needs to be verified!

Has anyone asked Silk who took the hit out on you? She has a pretty good informant network to draw on, for a price!

Second all of that!

Was going to post the same thought myself, but Aria beat me to it -

I all of us that have followed Mercy's solo thread can agree that the things that happened there actually "happened" so we don't want to go against those established "reallities."

But that doesn't mean someone told Jan something very different under torture just for a dying "screw you." Or that someone else didn't tell them a lie so just in case they got caught they'd "reveal" said lie.

And if Jan did come back with something like Tanya's buddies are the very ones trying to kill her, yeah, that would be fun for everyone without breaking anything.

And no wonder we're all confused about which hits we're talking about - there is the contract on us, there's the hit on Tanya and her bosses, there's the hit on us behind Sam What's...heck, if my schedule ever slows down for five minutes, there'll be another hit.......!
Aria
Ok folks, we now have a place to go on Obi's site (Mythweavers might be just a tad too PC for us nyahnyah.gif) ...but we can always change that if needs be...

https://www.rpgplayroom.net/games/forum/207...d-tribulations/

Just need to sort Mr J his login and I think we are good to go!?
Aria
Bit presumptuous of me but I've put Glo's next IC on RPG... nyahnyah.gif
Jack_Spade
What fun, the SR forum has been hacked.
Funnily, that mocking page loads a lot faster than the forum did... frown.gif
Imladir
Ha, "good" to see it's not on my side then.
Just when I had decided to come back in Into the Chaos...
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 29 2017, 09:20 PM) *
What fun, the SR forum has been hacked.
Funnily, that mocking page loads a lot faster than the forum did... frown.gif

?

Has this been sorted? I don't know what you're on about nyahnyah.gif
Imladir
The admin probably removed the corrupted index from the forum which is why the hacked one doesn't show anymore.
If it's not sorted now though, it might be because the damage is more important than just a corrupted main page...
Jack_Spade
Here is a screenshot

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments...s_been_defaced/
mister__joshua
Ah, sorry I thought you were on about Dumpshock. I don't go on the official forums much at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012