Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misanthrope's Masterplan [OoC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
pbangarth
If we are not going for the Spikes ourselves, I'd rather we warn them. This would give us a further leg up on our competition as they deal with the prepared trolls.

I like Can Opener's idea to use a spirit. How about we use it to flush(flame?) out the Humanis scum so we can pick them off as they jump ship? A quick nuke there, and then we go for the Skraacha. With the other team having trouble with the Spikes, we should get to the orks first. Especially if they try for the Humanis second. Then we have a run to the truck, (Drive, Willie! Drive!) where more spirits can mess with access to the location while we take the truck. We get four, they get ... one?
Koekepan
Better idea:

Flame the Spikes, photograph it. The Laesa took a trip (and time) for nothing, and by the time they get there there will be a lot of very alert, very angry trolls. Hilarity ensues.

Flame Humanis, photograph it. Let the elemental go crazy like a crazy elemental thing. The whole place is fully involved by the time the Laesa are down the road from it.

Warn the Skraacha that there are bad-tempered elves incoming - we can give that one up, and they are prepared to unload with full effect on the Laesa with no cost to ourselves.

In the mean time, effect remote jacking of the truck, and burn rubber to reach the truck before the bleeding remnants of the Laesa are anywhere near.

Result: we get four out of five, with girls and truck delivered on time and under budget. If the Laesa manage by some miracle to wade through a wall of lead and tusks and still grab some badges? Well, good for them.
pbangarth
Fuck it. We're not splitting up. We're just firing a long range weapon ... a spirit! It's like a guided missile.

Willie would be happy with this plan.
Koekepan
It's not making up new rules.

They said not to split up; we're not splitting up. Our meat bodies are staying in the same place. If they had meant anything more elaborate, they'd have added a long litany of no drones - no spirits - no remote hacking - no air travel - etc. etc. etc. but they didn't. They said no splitting up.

If Johnson don't say it ain't no rule, ain't no rule against it.
pbangarth
I agree.
Thanee
There is a GMC Bulldog Step-Van parked a ways down. If you had to take a guess you'd bet that would the same vehicle Jimmy would use to cart the girls around to and from whatever dungeon they call an apartment. Perhaps, on either his or Billy's body you'd find the keys to it.

Very good! I was already wondering, how to get them out of here (was planning to go back astrally and maybe ask niceley to have some Ancients pick them up).

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 13 2019, 04:06 AM) *
Flame the Spikes, photograph it. The Laesa took a trip (and time) for nothing, and by the time they get there there will be a lot of very alert, very angry trolls. Hilarity ensues.

Flame Humanis, photograph it. Let the elemental go crazy like a crazy elemental thing. The whole place is fully involved by the time the Laesa are down the road from it.

Warn the Skraacha that there are bad-tempered elves incoming - we can give that one up, and they are prepared to unload with full effect on the Laesa with no cost to ourselves.

In the mean time, effect remote jacking of the truck, and burn rubber to reach the truck before the bleeding remnants of the Laesa are anywhere near.

Result: we get four out of five, with girls and truck delivered on time and under budget. If the Laesa manage by some miracle to wade through a wall of lead and tusks and still grab some badges? Well, good for them.

Sounds good. Except I don't see a reason to give up the Skraacha. Getting those badges should be pretty easy (we probably do not even have to fight anyone there). More money is good, right? We are paid per target after all. smile.gif

The only problem with the elemental and the Spikes might be, that those little drones are not exactly fast. They can fly, which is a clear advantage, but their car will probably make it there first. We might actually have to drive there and get the video proof ourselves, in order to beat them to it. Which, of course, is very much in the spirit of this thing, so why not? I would still keep more in the background and let the fire spirit do the work, though.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
BTW, do we have any way to contact Belial or the Ancients? I guess we could call the club, should be easy enough to find out their com number.

Then we should send the Bulldog with the girls their way and let Willie loose with our car, in order to catch up with the Laésa.

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Did anyone ask for his comms?

Also, Belial didn't care about any of the girls except the elf. We should take her with us and leave the rest to their own devices. The Bulldog can be a gift to them, or we can claim it as loot to pad our bottom line.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 13 2019, 08:15 AM) *
Did anyone ask for his comms?

IC Princess asked everyone to slave their links to hers back in the meeting so she could protect them and get everyone into the tacnet. First post from me after Belial left.
Thanee
The question was about Belial's com number. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Koekepan
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 13 2019, 10:07 AM) *
Sounds good. Except I don't see a reason to give up the Skraacha. Getting those badges should be pretty easy (we probably do not even have to fight anyone there). More money is good, right? We are paid per target after all. smile.gif

Reasons for giving up the Skraacha:

* Making/keeping friends among them
* Getting them to rough up the Laesa while we don't have to
* We can afford to if we nail the Spikes and the truck and Humanis
* Saving time to do the others
* If you want to think strategically, leaving one significant source of opposition to the Ancients relatively intact in Puyallup

QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 13 2019, 10:07 AM) *
The only problem with the elemental and the Spikes might be, that those little drones are not exactly fast. They can fly, which is a clear advantage, but their car will probably make it there first. We might actually have to drive there and get the video proof ourselves, in order to beat them to it. Which, of course, is very much in the spirit of this thing, so why not? I would still keep more in the background and let the fire spirit do the work, though.

The drones should be fast enough to get there in good time, because they don't have to turn with traffic, don't have to slow down for traffic, and don't have to deal with terrain in the same way either. That alone can make their net ground speed much higher in comparison than it seems.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 13 2019, 03:26 PM) *
The question was about Belial's com number. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

IC Princess probably found it in her data search on him.
Crossbow
We really need some input from the GM at this point, I think.
Thanee
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 14 2019, 04:38 AM) *
Reasons for giving up the Skraacha:

* Making/keeping friends among them
* Getting them to rough up the Laesa while we don't have to
* We can afford to if we nail the Spikes and the truck and Humanis
* Saving time to do the others
* If you want to think strategically, leaving one significant source of opposition to the Ancients relatively intact in Puyallup

That assumes we take their badges by force. Which is not what I would do, anyways.

What if they give up their badges without even knowing what actually happened and without seeing even one of us?

Bye
Thanee
Koekepan
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 14 2019, 11:53 AM) *
That assumes we take their badges by force. Which is not what I would do, anyways.

What if they give up their badges without even knowing what actually happened and without seeing even one of us?

Then the second, third, fourth and fifth points still hold true.
Thanee
biggrin.gif

That's true. I mainly don't see the incentive. It seems like a fairly straightforward one, which gives us an extra 3k, if we manage.

If we are going for the Spikes now, and can deal with them before the Laésa, we will be 2:0 in the lead, I guess we can just try to finish the rest then, as we have basically won at that point, already.

We can still make decisions afterwards...

But someone should look for that Bulldog key (or rather the Chin's commlink, as I don't think cars still use keys wink.gif).

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
Alright, what are the big questions that everyone has? Clock's ticking and the more time you spend debating the less time you'll have finishing each objective.
pbangarth
Because of the direction we took at first, in order to get to the Spikes in person we have to go through the Ork and Humanis locations (according to our map). Then backtrack to the Orks and Humanis afterwards. That seems like wasting a lot of time. And since we don't know what targets the other team has, we may very well end up paralleling them from the Spikes to the other two locations.

Since we are now at the Mall, it seems to me that we have made a choice already to leave the Spikes at least till later, if not out completely. So let's not waste time on backtracking, and just hit Humanis and the Orks first.

As far as interfering with the other team at the Spikes, a much less traceable way would be to message them, for example through one of the drones, and let the Spikes do as they will to the other team. That way both of our competing team positions would be met: screw with the opposition and keep to the letter of the agreement with Belial.

Mulcarn is right. We need to get going.

Koekepan
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 14 2019, 07:37 PM) *
biggrin.gif

That's true. I mainly don't see the incentive. It seems like a fairly straightforward one, which gives us an extra 3k, if we manage.

If we are going for the Spikes now, and can deal with them before the Laésa, we will be 2:0 in the lead, I guess we can just try to finish the rest then, as we have basically won at that point, already.

We can still make decisions afterwards...

But someone should look for that Bulldog key (or rather the Chin's commlink, as I don't think cars still use keys wink.gif).

If you want an extra 3K, Kathy will help you jack an additional Stuffer Shack truck. You get 3KNY, she gets the change. On this scale, 3K is a drop in the bucket.
Crossbow
Mulcarn, the question I am asking is the same one my character doesn't know. Does using drones and/or spirits on one site without the rest of the team being there, probably doing another assignment, there break the rules of the contract about not splitting the group?
Crossbow
On a different point, how is the spirit going to know where to go? I have actually run into this before. Its not like they can read maps.
Koekepan
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 14 2019, 11:55 PM) *
On a different point, how is the spirit going to know where to go? I have actually run into this before. Its not like they can read maps.

Kathy can read maps, and can go astral to guide it there and indicate a location and intended service. Astral travel is faster than any surface vehicle contrived.

As for the rules of drones and spirits, how would you ICly know? Who ICly would have told you? Or do you want to stop everything to give Belial a call and barracksroom lawyer it out? We're working in an ICly contrived information vacuum.
Crossbow
ICly? rollin.gif question.gif indifferent.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 14 2019, 09:55 PM) *

Pretty simple. They cannot find a place, unless you can give them the impression of an aura you have assensed to search for, or it is fairly easy to describe and to recognize. Roughly the same as if you would give any person directions. The more complicated it gets, the more likely they won't find the destination. smile.gif

But, as Koekepan said, you can just move there yourself, astrally, and show the spirit the place, of course. That, of course, assuming that you can find the place. Which, if you have never been there and only seen it on the map, might not be completely trivial either, since you cannot see how the real world looks like from astral space. Depending on how well you can recognize street patterns and such, or landmarks (parks and such might be especially helpful there), it could be a bit easier.

As for what exactly would count as "splitting up", maybe you could make an Etiquette roll or something to figure something appropriate out?

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 14 2019, 09:40 PM) *
As for what exactly would count as "splitting up", maybe you could make an Etiquette roll or something to figure something appropriate out?

Bye
Thanee

I am not about to agree to do that when we can win without splitting up at all.
pbangarth
I found this, something I ran across in Dumpshock years ago:

#####
Shadowrun is about having pieces of your soul cut out and replaced with metal; putting on Bruce Willis' tanktop, Patrick Swayzee's bluejeans, Harrison Ford's trenchcoat, and Arnold's sunglasses; grabbing Keanu's guitar, Ford's pistol, and Leonardo's sword; getting into Michael Keaton's car; plugging Matthew Broderick's computer into your head; and negotiating with a dragon on Michael J. Fox's videophone while listening to You Spin Me Right Round.

hyzmarca on Dumpshock
#####
Thanee
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 15 2019, 03:10 AM) *
I am not about to agree to do that when we can win without splitting up at all.

I agree on that. Although, I don't think sending drones or spirits would be against the "rules". But we (the whole team) really need to get to some common view on all that.

QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 14 2019, 09:51 PM) *
Mulcarn, the question I am asking is the same one my character doesn't know. Does using drones and/or spirits on one site without the rest of the team being there, probably doing another assignment, there break the rules of the contract about not splitting the group?

You asked about more details. Just thought this might be a way to get some more insight. You are quite experienced with street etiquette and all that, after all. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
As for slaving the dwarves' comlinks to IC Princess. Aren't those locked? Like, you need a password or something? You might need to hack into them, anyways, to get access.

If we can simply do that (i.e. slave them to you to give you control), then sure, let's do that. Just not sure, whether it is that simple. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 14 2019, 02:51 PM) *

Yes, it does. Because you are trying to beat the Laesa in the race and they aren't doing as such.
Mulcarn
Sending Fiona, or another decently forced Spirit of Man to drive the women back to the Daisy is all well and fine though.

You all have Belial's commcode. He gave it along with the data-feed from earlier.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 15 2019, 05:12 PM) *
Yes, it does. Because you are trying to beat the Laesa in the race and they aren't doing as such.

Alright, then that is clear now. Thank you! smile.gif

When Selina is going to talk to Belial over the comlink, she will ask him about it, so we have a decent explanation to also know this now (and not before) IC.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 15 2019, 05:14 PM) *
Sending Fiona, or another decently forced Spirit of Man to drive the women back to the Daisy is all well and fine though.

Figured, that should not be a problem, as it has nothing to do with the targets.

You all have Belial's commcode. He gave it along with the data-feed from earlier.

Selina will call him directly then, of course. Editing my post accordingly.

Bye
Thanee
pbangarth
OK, so both drones and spirits away from us are not acceptable to Belial. Too bad, but it's clear now.
Mulcarn
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 15 2019, 12:37 PM) *
OK, so both drones and spirits away from us are not acceptable to Belial. Too bad, but it's clear now.

Even though it would technically be following the letter of the law, it wouldn't be following the spirit of it. All assignments must be completed by you guy on site for each one.

Also, on a side note, sorry for they delay in game. Holidays are driving me insane and its very busy retail wise. I'll have a post up later today/tonight.
Koekepan
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 16 2019, 07:20 PM) *
Even though it would technically be following the letter of the law, it wouldn't be following the spirit of it. All assignments must be completed by you guy on site for each one.

"Technically legal"

The very best kind of legal!

If we're in luck, Belial will end up in a slap fight with some other contenders while we sneak away to spend our well-gotten gains.
pbangarth
I can see you're going to be a real shit disturber, Koekepan. Every team needs one!
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 17 2019, 01:56 AM) *
I can see you're going to be a real shit disturber, Koekepan. Every team needs one!

Yeah, but it's usually me! When did I become the voice of reason?!?!

biggrin.gif
pbangarth
It's role playing, man.
Mulcarn
If I missed or had forgotten something feel free to let me know.
SleepIncarnate
Shooting for admin level, so that adds +6 to my threshold, making my target 9 hits before I'm detected.

First IP = 3 hits
Second IP = 4 hits (7 total)
Third IP = 2 hits (9 total)

That's 3 attempts the node can make to get the 7 hits needed to detect me, thanks to my stealth optimization. Analyze + Firewall rolls.
Koekepan
Kathy's rolls for summoning a Force 1 fire elemental:

https://orokos.com/roll/776498 (three hits)

Kathy's roll for resisting drain:

https://orokos.com/roll/776500 (two hits)

From this she should get at least two services (even if the Force 1 spirit rolls a 5 or 6 on its roll to resist), and resist any and all drain.

At Force 1 her spirit isn't very intelligent, but it shouldn't have to be for the service that she primarily requests.
pbangarth
Willie has the front door covered. How about the side door?
pbangarth
This is my question, not Willie's. Are there buildings close to the Humanis clubhouse that themselves could catch fire if it goes up? A neighbourhood conflagration could seriously counteract the good we did in the Mall.
Koekepan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 18 2019, 07:30 AM) *
This is my question, not Willie's. Are there buildings close to the Humanis clubhouse that themselves could catch fire if it goes up? A neighbourhood conflagration could seriously counteract the good we did in the Mall.

It's not impossible, but it's not terribly likely in March in the Seattle area. Everything will have been soaked in a combination of near-constant drizzle for about six months or more (when not coated in ice) and any building of the type and size described in that area probably has a fair bit of free space around it. Any vegetation is likely to be highly resistant to ignition because of these facts, and the history of violence and destruction in that area would mean that the easy pickings, in terms of fires, would already be burned out.

Even if a fire department response is slow as molasses, they'd probably be in time to prevent a citywide inferno.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 18 2019, 01:49 AM) *
Even if a fire department response is slow as molasses, they'd probably be in time to prevent a citywide inferno.

Fire Department? WE ARE IN THE BARRENS!
Koekepan
Sure. In the barrens.

Every summer, the pacific northwest is dry as a bone between late May and September. Much of the architecture is (for reasons of logistics, various codes and industry glad-handing) built around wood.

If there were genuinely utterly no fire services whatsoever, the BARRENS (note the capital letters) would have burned to a crisp in a towering inferno within a year or two. This goes double if you include a lack of maintenance on services, plus widespread bootlegging of power and other fire-unsafe practices.

The fire department in question doesn't have to be a shiny red truck filled with muscular fellows in brightly coloured equipment plus a plucky dalmation. It can be half a dozen trogs and a converted logging truck - but without some kind of fire suppression effort, the barrens would also be the ashens.

... from which beautiful flowers would ultimately spring, in a poetic revelation of the beauty of the lives cut so cruelly short ...
Mulcarn
It's cold but dry tonight. A little on the frosty side, but not wet or damp enough to keep things from burning.
Mulcarn
Spell Resistance: 6d6t5 2 for Detect Life

There are 8 human males within the building. They have weapons on each of them but they aren't on guard or otherwise aware of your presence. None of them are wounded or in distress.
Mulcarn
Matrix Defense: 3#6d6t5 1 0 2

Admin level is yours. I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012