Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misanthrope's Masterplan [OoC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
pbangarth
We're putting our house up for sale, and vacating for the next week to keep it pretty and clean. Will be traveling a bit, so internet access will be on and off. I will try to keep in touch and up to date.

Will leave on the 20th, be back on the 27th, and fully functional by the 28th of July.
pbangarth
Hey, Mulcarn! How's things down there in Hell, USA? From up here it sure looks like you are having a tough time.
pbangarth
Starting Tuesday, I will be away from home for a week. Going to the cottage (cabin for you American folks). Two people, two dogs, two cats, plus supplies for a week. One car.

This year is a little complicated by COVID. The cottage is on an island in Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) which is a First Nations reserve. The land is leased to cottagers. Because the indigenous residents are understandably wary of diseases that come across the pond, they have kept the island off limits to non-residents, till now. If any case of COVID appears on the island, all non-residents have to leave within 24 hours.

So, we have not set up internet (exorbitant fees for setup for just one or two visits), and cell phone coverage is almost non-existent. Access to the high point on the island is not allowed. No going in to the village to use the store's internet. I might, on occasion, be able to get a cell phone link on the beach, but this is very rare.

We will return home on Tuesday, 18 August. Carry on without me as well as you can. Try not to kill my PC.

Yeah, I know. But I posted this message in all the OOC threads in which I play.
Thanee
Have a nice vacation and safe travels!

Bye
Thanee
pbangarth
Well, shall we call this thread closed?
Koekepan
I reckon we might.

Haven't heard anything from the boss for ages.
pbangarth
It's too bad. I had all kinds of plans to have fun with Willie's burgeoning intelligence and awareness. Like a child going through stages of mental development. Asking questions... and bugging the other PCs with them. Seeing things in a new light for the first time.

All the while being a kick-ass shooter and driver. So good at those, that he needn't increase those skills, but rather keep feeding his new hunger for ... thoughts.
Thanee
Yeah, it's a shame. This was a fun game.

I just hope Mulcarn is doing okay. Maybe he will show up again at some point.

Bye
Thanee
pbangarth
In and out of touch the next few days as we are moving.
pbangarth
How about we assume we won, and are back at the bar celebrating. We could interact for a while without a GM!
Koekepan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 27 2020, 02:20 AM) *
How about we assume we won, and are back at the bar celebrating. We could interact for a while without a GM!

I'm down with that, if the others are even around any more.
pbangarth
Away from computer until Thursday (8 Aug.) evening.
pbangarth
Well, what the hell. Willie talks with Kathy in the bar.
pbangarth
Right from before the encounter with the Orc Underground guards, Willie had been thinking about helping them out with the info of a regime change, or at least a battle for it. His hope was to get some kind of favour in return for giving them an opportunity to use the Ancients' diverted attention to their advantage. A big shipment, taking out an outpost, whatever.

Kinda hard to do that without the GM, though, huh?
Koekepan
He ran away. We scared him with our cold-blooded murderous natures.

Next time it'll have to be tasers and constructive negotiations.
pbangarth
Here's a thought.

The Ork Underground thing is mainly Willie's interest. There is probably something Kathy is interested in doing. What if ...

... we do the Ork thing for Willie with you running the world, and when Kathy wants to do something, I run the world. If some of the other players see what's going on, they can join in and take turns. And if Mulcarn dives back in to save his vision from our rough handling, we can all settle back into the Masterplan. The "thing" doesn't have to be a whole run, maybe just an encounter or negotiation.

Huh? Huh?
Koekepan
Koekepan takes Mulcarn's pulse.

"Reckon he's playin' possum. Hand me that-there cattleprod."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012