Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misanthrope's Masterplan [OoC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
SleepIncarnate
Quick note, the question of kill or spare him is moot. The second drone took its first shot at him, and will take a second if necessary.
pbangarth
Problem solved!
SleepIncarnate
The shot was rolled for in post 287 of this thread. Waiting on Mulcarn to roll defense to see if the second shot is needed. Guessing he's still caught in retail hades.
pbangarth
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 14 2020, 02:54 PM) *
The shot was rolled for in post 287 of this thread. Waiting on Mulcarn to roll defense to see if the second shot is needed. Guessing he's still caught in retail hades.

Maybe we need to give our fixer a bigger cut of our profits. smile.gif
pbangarth
@Thanee: Yeah, you know how to push Willie's buttons, don't you. biggrin.gif

EDIT: A little embellishment about Willies' driving doesn't hurt, does it, Mulcarn?
Thanee
biggrin.gif
pbangarth
Krrikit .... krrikit ... krrikit ...
Koekepan
I'm still here. Just not wanting to run too far ahead of Mulcarn, Crossbow and (to a lesser extent) SleepIncarnate and Thanee.
SleepIncarnate
Waiting on Mulcarn here. Not like I have much to contribute in meatspace aside from the drones. Do have plenty of places to be in the Matrix though.
Mulcarn
Yeah I'm still in Retail hell at the moment. Good news is that I'm off tomorrow (or today I guess since its technically Monday now).
Mulcarn
You guys headed for the Ork Underground next? And the Laesa group is currently headed towards the Tusks. I'll have more info up when I'm not dead tired. It is possible to beat them there if Willie does some fancy driving but you'll have to forgo the O.U. for the time being if you want to win all five challenges.
pbangarth
I didn't realize taking video of the slaughter was not enough. Can we just say Smiley grabbed a few items on his way back to the vehicle? It would save Willie from having to interrupt his awesome driving to go back.

Decision time then. Trolls or Orks? I also didn't think we would have time to get to the trolls before the other team, as we have done two other legs of the mission in the same time. Maybe Mulcarn is looking to set up some real competition for us? biggrin.gif

So do we seal a safe win with doing the Orks first, or go for broke and try to beat the other team to the trolls? I don't know how we would interact with that team while still taking on the trolls. It could be a very tricky situation that could turn sour and disqualify us.

I guess it boils down to whether the overlap of objectives is complete. If it is, we have all but won already. Hence a safe win. If it isn't, and the other team has just the trolls in common with us, they could still win five and beat us. We're operating in the dark here.

Thoughts?
Koekepan
Smiley could have ripped off one of their heads. Should make an adequate keepsake. He could even stick it on a protrusion of the vehicle. We can call it tasteful decor.

Or ghoulbait.
pbangarth
Tending a bit towards pink mohawk, are we? biggrin.gif
Crossbow
Video was all that was required I believe. I thought there was a drone doing that? We are headed for the orcs next, that is the path we set.
Crossbow
Knew that it was there.

QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 2 2019, 03:58 PM) *
First, you’ll find an address for a known Spike safehouse on there and a Humanis Policlub chapter hall, too. These’re both little fringe operations, not major HQ’s, and neither one has many guys there. So fuck ‘em, right? You guys just bring us tusks, or ears, or hoods, whatever. Hell, bring us trideo feed of the places burning down or you trashing their bikes, whatever you wanna do. Just hit ‘em, and hit ‘em hard. Some good clean fun.”

Koekepan
Yeah, but videos of a slaughter ... c'mon. We could use a pet head.
SleepIncarnate
We already have a Willie, and you haven't even bothered to clean up after him. No more pets for the time being.
pbangarth
biggrin.gif
Koekepan
Maybe if we were to go to whatever wreckage remains of the Spikes, and do unto them as god famously did unto the sodomites, we could get half credit? Make the proverbial rubble bounce, at least?

Perhaps we could stick a head on a piece of rebar protruding from smashed concrete, and brand it with an emblem of the ancients?

Then we could sell them all weaponry for a good price, and get rich.
SleepIncarnate
You just want a head on a stick. How about a dwarf on a stick instead?
Koekepan
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 27 2020, 05:22 PM) *
You just want a head on a stick. How about a dwarf on a stick instead?

I'm not narrow-minded. It doesn't have to be a head. It could be a disemboweled torso too. We could insert a rod up the spinal column, and spin it around like a weathervane.

Subspecies? Not a big deal, but one should have a reason. Random violence is boring. Directed, purposeful violence makes sense.
SleepIncarnate
I was thinking of turning you into a decoration like on pirate ships to warn our enemies of danger. You could even throw spells or spirits from there.
SleepIncarnate
Aiming for admin level access, so need a total of 10 hits.

First Attempt = 5 hits
Second Attempt = 3 hits, 8 total
Third Attempt = 2 hits, 10 total

Their commlink can make three rolls to try and detect me, threshold of 7 hits needed to set off an alarm.
pbangarth
Have we decided where we are going? I think we are still heading to the Underground entrance, but I am not sure.
SleepIncarnate
Underground does seem to be the consensus.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Jan 28 2020, 12:45 AM) *
Random violence is boring.

Though he is not usually an advocate for it, Smiley might diagree, unless boredom itself is the compelling reason.
pbangarth
Sounds like we are going to the Underground. I think we plan to sleaze the tags with magic?

Mulcarn, anything we can do to help you through the retail hell? Buy something online, maybe? biggrin.gif
Koekepan
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 29 2020, 06:05 PM) *
I was thinking of turning you into a decoration like on pirate ships to warn our enemies of danger. You could even throw spells or spirits from there.

With Kathy's gremlins? That may not have the effect desired.
Mulcarn
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 29 2020, 04:02 PM) *
Sounds like we are going to the Underground. I think we plan to sleaze the tags with magic?

Mulcarn, anything we can do to help you through the retail hell? Buy something online, maybe? biggrin.gif

I accept Blue Eyes White Dragons and Red Eyes Black Dragons.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Feb 6 2020, 10:48 PM) *
I accept Blue Eyes White Dragons and Red Eyes Black Dragons.

It's time... To D-D-D-DUEL!
pbangarth
I've sunk too much of my life force and bank account into Magic the Gathering. Ain't touching any other game!
SleepIncarnate
My game of money sinking was Magi Nation.
Mulcarn
New post is up and hopefully the ball will keep rolling this time. Otherwise next post due around 2021.
SleepIncarnate
Any final results on my attempts to hack the Laesa team comms?
Thanee
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Feb 13 2020, 05:48 PM) *
New post is up and hopefully the ball will keep rolling this time. Otherwise next post due around 2021.

Welcome back! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
pbangarth
Hmmmm.... what will it be like to be with a GM who has been to Hell and back?
Mulcarn
Spent a good portion of my time learning and reading different horror stories. Replayed a few old PS1/GBA games to give me some ideas on plot hooks and such as well. I can already picture events unfolding that will take you down the rabbit hole, and even further.
pbangarth
OK, so to keep the conversation going, here are a few ideas for magical effects that may or may not help:

Increase Charisma: make Smiley even more lovable than he already is!

Stunball: I bet they are all in a small group

Influence: .... make Smiley even more believable than he already is!

Magic Fingers: just lift the tags off one by one

Improved Invisibility: not sure, but I always liked it

Detect Magic: suss out what's what

Analyze Truth: 'cause we aren't the only ones who lie

Kinesics: Wow, Smiley really -is- believable and lovable!
Koekepan
I kind of want to see how a super-powered Smiley will charm the badges off them. One or another, it's bound to be amusing. My vote is for Charisma and Influence.
Mulcarn
Been kinda quiet guys and gals. Waiting on anything from me?
Mulcarn
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Feb 13 2020, 09:12 PM) *
Any final results on my attempts to hack the Laesa team comms?

I don't really have much more from them at the current time, in game at least.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Feb 27 2020, 05:28 PM) *
Been kinda quiet guys and gals. Waiting on anything from me?

I think, that one is on us. smile.gif

We need to figure out a plan on how to approach this.

Bye
Thanee
Koekepan
Can't speak for others, but at this point I'm waiting for the arrival-at-the-underground action. So far Kathy's just riding wherever Willy's driving is taking her.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Feb 27 2020, 09:29 AM) *
I don't really have much more from them at the current time, in game at least.

Did they detect my attempts to hack their comms? Am I in quietly and able to start my mischief?
pbangarth
Willie is hanging back on this one, waiting for others to deal with the guards. Always ready to start shooting, though! biggrin.gif
pbangarth
So, I think Thanee could roll for hits on looking like an Orc, and then Mulcarn could take us forward, letting Sleepincarnate know about Princess's success in her mission. Am I right?
Crossbow
Sorry for disappearing folks, had school stuff to deal with. I have now started a new cycle and can go back to procrastinating.
pbangarth
Excellent! We have a story to tell!
Thanee
Selina

Physical Mask F5 5 hits
Drain DV 3S 4 hits

Fiona

Improved Invisibililty F5 3 hits
Drain DV 3S 1 hit (2S)

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012