Mulcarn
Shadowrunners

Can Opener, the Traditional Mage
Quick Willie, the Machinegun Samurai
Selina, the Cat Shaman
IC Princess, the Cyber Warrior
Smiley, the Sioux Adept

House Rules

1. Physical melee and ranged attacks will be defended against with Reaction + Dodge. (This includes Indirect Combat Spells)
2. Full Defense tests will be Reaction + Dodge + Dodge.
3. Physical Direct spells are defended against with Body + Body.
4. Mana Direct spells are defended against with Willpower + Willpower.
5. Elemental Combat spells have their Drain Code lowered by 2, making them F/2 +1 for single target and F/2 +3 for area effect.
6. Only two Magical Traditions are allowed at Char-gen, Hermetic and Shamanic.
7. Hermetic Magicians lose access to the Mentor Spirit Quality, but instead gain access to the Elemental Focus Quality. (see below)
8. Shamanic Magicians may take the Spirits of the Flame Quality. (see below)
9. Initiation/Submersion no longer increases the Maximum cap of Magic/Resonance. (Hard cap of 6 placed on both Magic and Resonance, determined by Essence)

Elemental Focus
Cost: 5 BP

Most mages take a balanced approach to the four elements of earth, air, fire and water. Others align themselves with a single element and become elemental mages, gaining +2 dice for spells and spirits of that element. The penalty for such specialization is that the mage suffers a -1 die for spells and spirits of the opposite element (fire opposes water, earth opposes air). A fire mage, for example, has +2 dice for combat spells and fire elementals, but applies -1 die for illusion spells and water elementals.

Elemental mages may develop personality traits commonly associated with their element. For example, earth mages are often characterized as materialistic and practical. Air mages are seen as cerebral and thoughtful. Fire mages are willful and aggressive, while water mages are intuitive and emotional. Though these are stereotypes, elemental mages will show these characteristics to some degree. Like a totem or mentor spirit, the alignment chosen for an elemental mage is permanent. Only a full hermetic magician can choose this quality.

Spirits of the Flame
Cost: 0 BP

Some shamans have learned to summon a type of nature spirit that represents the more active and primal element found throughout the natural world. Most commonly, these shamans are capable of conjuring spirits born of heat and fire known as salamanders, or spirits of the flame. This fundamental change can only happen at the cost of the ability to conjure spirits of man. Traditionally, flame spirits are known to dwell within places of great heat or fire, such as active volcanos or arid deserts, and in cultures where fire is especially honored, like the kahunas of Hawai'i or the elven magical paths of Tir na nOg. This quality is only available to full shamanic magicians.
Thanee
Street Name: Selina
Name: Skye McGregor
Archetype: Street Shaman
Metatype: Elf
Height: 1.68m (5 ft. 6 in.)
Weight: 54kg (120 lbs.)
Hair: blonde
Eyes: green
Skin: fair

[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Generation:
[ Spoiler ]

Appearance:
[ Spoiler ]

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

20 Questions:
[ Spoiler ]
SleepIncarnate
General
Name: Iris
Street Name: IC Princess
Fake SIN: Daisy Bonneau
Fake SIN: Rose Monge
Fake SIN: Lily Valencia
Metatype: Elf

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Language and Knowledge Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
Weapons & Ammo
[ Spoiler ]

Armor & Apparal
[ Spoiler ]

The IC Princess Mask - Alabaster White Helmet/Mask, Woman's Face w/ Jagged Crown +1B/+2I
[ Spoiler ]

Tech Gear
[ Spoiler ]

B&E Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Tools
[ Spoiler ]

SIN & Licenses
[ Spoiler ]

Implants
[ Spoiler ]

Programs - All pirated except as noted
[ Spoiler ]

Drones
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicle
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle (15) - 5000/month - one month paid
[ Spoiler ]

Common Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

20 Questions
[ Spoiler ]

Starting Nuyen = 2700Y
Koekepan
Basics
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Property
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle
[ Spoiler ]

Spells
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skill groups
[ Spoiler ]

Languages:
[ Spoiler ]

Active skills:
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledges:
[ Spoiler ]

General commentary
[ Spoiler ]

Twenty Questions
[ Spoiler ]
Crossbow
Placeholder post for the front page. Happy Turkey folks!

Smiley (draft)
[ Spoiler ]

Still gotta clean it up, but it's all there now
pbangarth
Quick Willie
Ork
19 yrs. old
2 m tall
115 kilos

Vignette

[ Spoiler ]

Stats

[ Spoiler ]

50 questions

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
OK, all five PCs are placed.

Question re: house rule #1. Reaction + Dodge vs Indirect spells. Does the Dodge specialization for ranged combat apply?
Thanee
Indirect combat spells are treated as ranged combat attacks. That's what it says in the rulebook for indirect spells. So, it should. That is true even without the house rule, since you could always use Dodge against such spells (at least for full defense).

Bye
Thanee
pbangarth
Tossing back a few brews in Crusher 495, Quick Willie caught some talk about a revolutionary new bike. He is very interested.

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
The IC thread begins with "One week ago..." so I assume there will be more before we pipe in?
Koekepan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 1 2019, 10:11 AM) *
The IC thread begins with "One week ago..." so I assume there will be more before we pipe in?

pbangarth read my mind.

Also, not quite clear what one's supposed to do if Johnson's on stage. Jander up to the stage door and flutter eyelashes at the security, or just hop on stage and join him for a chorus? Either way, probably more Selina's or Smiley's bag.

Thanee
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 1 2019, 08:50 AM) *
Also, not quite clear what one's supposed to do if Johnson's on stage.

Grab a table and wait, seems like an obvious move. wink.gif

This here might explain the "one week ago ..."

QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 25 2019, 05:01 PM) *
Prologue will start in just under a week from now.

Another little bit...

QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 22 2019, 06:12 AM) *
Good news I designed the prologue mission to be fairly actioned packed and high paced.

That's where the "Death Fight" came from. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Since I was looking through the other thread, I also found this, which might belong up there in the first post.

QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 21 2019, 06:09 AM) *
Since PbP games tend to run a little slow, I'm going to be streamlining/handwaving a few things for brevity purposes.

1. Training Times

When it comes to leveling up Skills and Attributes you don't need to spend X amount of weeks or months training to get the desired rank. If you have the Karma you get to make the purchase.

2. Initiative and Action Phases

For every encounter Initiative will be rolled once and only once. Upon your turn you will be able to act a number of times in succession equal to the number of Initiative Passes you currently possess. Outside of these changes all standard rules apply.

Example - If you have 3 IPs then you get to take 6 simple actions or 3 complex actions. Broken up into separate Action Phases for the purpose of determining Recoil and other such modifiers.

What I couldn't find so far, though, is what I am looking for... do we know each other, already, or not? smile.gif

For the moment, I will assume that we do not.

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
To answer all of your questions, no you don't know each other. I started events off a week prior so that you all have the time to familiarize yourselves with each other. As far as what you're supposed to be doing now, well... Thanee already kinda said what my answer was going to be. That being said, the choice of how and what is yours.

SleepIncarnate
Popping this over here for ease of finding for all of us. Should still be first page.

QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Nov 26 2019, 09:07 AM) *
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Whisper
Astral

So far I'm digging this color scheme the most. I'll put the final scheme in my sig once i'm satisfied.

For ease of coding, that's:

Speech =48D1CC
Thoughts = DDA0DD
Matrix = 00FF00
Whisper = FF8C00
Astral = 9932CC
pbangarth
Whew! Had to quickly edit my first post, because as I read the starting posts to my wife, I found I had placed Selena incorrectly. Willie now sees her at the bar. Whew! Must be the haze of perfume and angst screwing with his vision.
pbangarth
My first weasel question of the campaign. Quick Draw (page 147) says "pistol or pistol-sized weapon" and says it uses Pistol + Reaction (3).

Can Willie quick-draw his machine pistol, and may I use Automatics instead of Pistol?
Thanee
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 1 2019, 05:52 PM) *
For ease of coding, that's:

Speech =48D1CC
Thoughts = DDA0DD
Matrix = 00FF00
Whisper = FF8C00
Astral = 9932CC

For those, who like me prefer color names, the one's I could identify are:

Speech = turquoise
Thoughts = plum
Matrix = lime
Whisper = orange

Just for Astral I couldn't find one.

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 1 2019, 12:11 PM) *
My first weasel question of the campaign. Quick Draw (page 147) says "pistol or pistol-sized weapon" and says it uses Pistol + Reaction (3).

Can Willie quick-draw his machine pistol, and may I use Automatics instead of Pistol?

AFB, can't remember exactly at the moment but if you use Automatics to fire your Machine Pistol then I'd allow it in place to quick-draw it. If not then no.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 1 2019, 03:44 PM) *
AFB, can't remember exactly at the moment but if you use Automatics to fire your Machine Pistol then I'd allow it in place to quick-draw it. If not then no.

Yes, machine pistols come under Automatics. Thanks.
pbangarth
"Orkboi will be target of choice for everybody except raiders from the Spikes, so the longer I can keep him alive, the longer they'll be shooting at him rather than me."

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I like her, Koekepan! My thinking exactly!
Koekepan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 2 2019, 01:06 AM) *
"Orkboi will be target of choice for everybody except raiders from the Spikes, so the longer I can keep him alive, the longer they'll be shooting at him rather than me."

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I like her, Koekepan! My thinking exactly!

Willie has a big, neon sign over his head. It reads in the language of Cover Thine Arse: Keep this fragger alive.

Of course, any tusker in here has massive hez.
pbangarth
"Human. Male. Probable waste of space."

Crossbow, you gonna take that? wink.gif
Koekepan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 2 2019, 04:52 AM) *

Can't speak for him of course, but if the nuyen's good Kathy doesn't really care what a bunch of longlegs think of her. She already assumes it's paternalistically derogatory, which is why dwarves are better off figuring out a home of their own. Working retail has ... warped her, omae.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 1 2019, 07:23 PM) *
Working retail has ... warped her, omae.

Working retail warps everyone omae, and anyone who says otherwise is lying.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 1 2019, 10:52 PM) *

Take it where? Her place or mine? cool.gif
Thanee
@SleepIncarnate: Agents are limited to their Pilot rating, when they use programs; i.e. when the Agent is R3, you can only get up to 6 dice.

Bye
Thanee
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 2 2019, 01:03 AM) *
@SleepIncarnate: Agents are limited to their Pilot rating, when they use programs; i.e. when the Agent is R3, you can only get up to 6 dice.

Bye
Thanee

That's right. Been a while since I played a mundane hacker. Ah well, the agent is worthless in this regard anyways. Rerolled it.

Agent Reroll = 2 hits
SleepIncarnate
Would you like individual rolls for each address, or one singular roll for the whole bunch?
Crossbow
What is the figure on the credstick?
Mulcarn
@Crossbow - 1,000 slotted up front.

@Sleep - Give me a sperate roll for each thing you're trying to research. Broken down into groups based on the scavenger hunt.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 2 2019, 01:55 PM) *
@Sleep - Give me a sperate roll for each thing you're trying to research. Broken down into groups based on the scavenger hunt.

Humanis
Floor Plans = 6 hits
Chapter Information (e.g. events, meeting times, etc.) = 3 hits
Membership = 3 hits
Security Measures = 4 hits

Spike Safehouse
Floorplans = 5 hits
Members = 3 hits

Ork Underground/Skraacha
Floorplans = 7 hits
Skraacha Members = 6 hits

Jimmy the Chin
Jimmy's House Floorplans = 1 hit (boo)
Jimmy's Routine = 4 hits
Jimmy's "Friends" (read: security) = 4 hits

Auto truck
Truck Identifier = 4 hits
Route/Schedule = 6 hits
Security = 7 hits

That's just initial search. I'll do extended searches in VR when we settle on targets. Also, she's plotting the addresses on a map to see where they are in relation to us.
pbangarth
I'm holding off until everyone has had a chance to say something, and for Belial to answer Willie's question.

Willie will express some concern about the hit on the Ork Underground group. That's hitting close to home for someone who has been mapping Underground entry points for a while now (Knowledge Skill at 4). He is likely to suggest we leave that target till later so if we don't have enough time, we can miss the one that might hurt his future chances for escape plans.
pbangarth
CODE
but maybe the smart move is to call the Spikes, Humanis and Skraacha
locations and give them a heads-up, then let the other team get tied down in firefights
while we hit the pimp and truck. Racist Ancients are bound to go for them first.
Ten minutes to showtime? Coordination'll have to be slot and run style.

Koekepan, this is delicious! I love you!
Thanee
Except, that we might not actually have the same targets; it's possible, but not a given, if I got him right. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
@Crossbow and whomever - Give me a Negotiation roll if you want to bargain for a better deal. Only the highest roll will count, make a Teamwork test otherwise if you are not confident in your ability to break Belial's bravado.
Thanee
Since Smiley is negotiating, Selina can add some teamwork to his efforts.

Negotiation (Teamwork) 6 hits (of which Smiley can use 4 as extra dice, as that is his skill rating)

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
Belial's counter argument: Negotiation: 12d6t5 3

Every net hit will grant an additional 500 nuyen. To a max of 2,000 nuyen. Totaling for 3,000 per objective completed.
Thanee
@Crossbow: I think, you still need to make that Negotiation roll (with +4 dice), I was merely helping. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 4 2019, 03:33 AM) *
@Crossbow: I think, you still need to make that Negotiation roll (with +4 dice), I was merely helping. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

Already did, emailed it to Mulcarn cool.gif Here is the link for the rest of y'all http://orokos.com/roll/774459

Welcome to your messenger
Smiley's Negotiation
Personal Message
Crossbow
Smiley's Negotiation, Yesterday, 06:20 PM

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,647

I can roll this even though I don't have a sheet cuz this stuff is set in stone.

I am rolling up to 4 teamwork dice if they are offered.

Negotiations (Charisma 6 + Skill 4 + Kinesics 3 + Edge 5) and up to 4 dice help from any teamwork: 18d6h5 7 4d6h5 1

I will publish it once people do teamwork

--------------------

Speech Thoughts Matrix Whisper Astral

Crossbow
Mulcarn, can you do a Molotov with synthahol, or will we need to buy good Vodka? I am thinking Smiley would know.
Thanee
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 4 2019, 07:45 AM) *
Already did, ...

Nice. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mulcarn
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 4 2019, 12:47 AM) *
Mulcarn, can you do a Molotov with synthahol, or will we need to buy good Vodka? I am thinking Smiley would know.

To my knowledge, it should suffice. Gasoline and Kerosene works best though.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 5 2019, 12:09 AM) *
To my knowledge, it should suffice. Gasoline and Kerosene works best though.

And where am I going to get enough gasoline or kerosene in Tarislar on a Friday night

We are in a bar, we can get alcohol smile.gif
Crossbow
Okay, throwing this out OOC because I am not sure about the details yet.

We do the jobs in order by proximity, with the GTA last.

We start with the second closest. Why the second? Because I was going to challenge Sting’s team to race us to the closest. A little mind fuck for them

We grab a 6-12 bottles of whatever we can get from the bar for Molotovs. Half for the spikes, half for humanis, drive bys.

We do the Underground non violent, chat them up, or stun and run, but if all we need is a badge, no need for blood.

Crime mall is going to be the biggest problem, with ground to cover and problems, we can do a sting, hire the guy for party favors then hit him hard.

The truck will be easy peasy or just plain impossible depending on if we can hack it or not, or magic up a roadblock.

I am not married to any part of this plan, but we have a start point. Let’s talk.
Koekepan
Hey, Crossbow. Sorry for jumping in in the IC thread, but right now RL means that I have limited and narrow windows for posting. I had to take advantage where time permitted.

Obviously, my last IC posting gave my position.

You have a mage who can summon fire elementals. Molotovs unnecessary, and grabbing them slows us unnecessarily.

We don't need to buy favours from the Underground. They'll do us the favour of fragging our opposition for us, and thank us for it.

I don't care how the heavy crew hits the pimp, but I favour an attack at full speed by people capable of doing close-and-personal nasty damage (Smiley and Willie spring to mind), before bagging and tagging pimpman.

Truck plan involves an earth elemental creating a barrier afore and abaft the truck, pinning it in place so the rigger-oriented can own it like pimpman owns his stable. The barrier is then easily removed, and we ride it back in triumph.

That's my outline, and reasoning.
Mulcarn
Proper Molotovs are 30 nuyen.gif per bottle. Remember to factor that in as you guys are planning things and what not.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 5 2019, 01:30 AM) *
Hey, Crossbow. Sorry for jumping in in the IC thread, but right now RL means that I have limited and narrow windows for posting. I had to take advantage where time permitted.

Np, like I said, presenting a sketch, I will present counters in IC.
Thanee
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Dec 5 2019, 05:30 AM) *
Truck plan involves an earth elemental creating a barrier afore and abaft the truck, pinning it in place so the rigger-oriented can own it like pimpman owns his stable. The barrier is then easily removed, and we ride it back in triumph.

How do ýou plan to "create a barrier" with an earth spirit?

I was first thinking about using Movement to slow it down, but that might not work due to Force vs. Body limitations. That truck surely has a pretty high Body.

We could easily slow it down with the car(s), though, just causing some slow traffic in front of it. The autopilot should slow down even more than it does, anyways, while driving through Tarislar, then. Or the IC Princess hacks it.

As for the Ork Underground... Selina has Control Thoughts and Fiona has the Influence power (and she can be pretty sneaky). My idea was to just let her influence some of the badge-bearers to simply put those badges off and place them somewhere, so we can easily snatch them up.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012