Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Fading into Nothing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Shadow
Is there anything we can get behind once we are out of the door?

Sorry about the delays. Really, really sorry. I am on it from now on out though.
spitfire gecko
Welcome back.

I think we need to wait for FX's map before we can decide on a course of action.

By the way, Roland is the boss, not me. He's sort of not here at the moment though. wink.gif
Fu-Man Chu
Yeah, I was going to echo that sentiment, Big R's Bravo lead. Also, Reaper will be tackling the Spirits ASAP cuz they can bring a world of hurt to us crammed into the little corridor.
FXcalibur
Team B

Good to see you back Shadow.

Very Rough Map

It's a small map, very loose detail since I don't think you'll be needing that much detail. The floor is piled with craters, dead bodies and various debris - the entire area is considered difficult ground. Initiative coming soon.

And yes, there are pillars everywhere - crazy modern architecture, I say!
The blocks are solid cover - piles of bodies, collapsed ceiling, so on and so forth. Get creative with what kind of environment and cover you take, I don't mind at all.

It's only a small portion of a much larger area. The distance from the corridor to the KE imposter is only 10 metres. Need a visual picture? Imagine a shootout in your local high class shopping mall, only with rockets, flamethrowers and explosives.
FXcalibur
INITIATIVE LIST FOR TEAM B
Reaper 32 (Astral)
Kadel 31
Downtown 29
Roland 14
Theodor 11

ENEMIES
Knight Errant 30
Man with a machine gun 30 (*These three fellas are bunched at location 3)
Man with an assault rifle 23
Lady with an SMG 21
Male Mage 20 (* bunched with spirits at location 4)

SPIRITS
City Spirit No.One 31 (Astral)
City Spirit No.Two 31 (Astral)
City Spirit No.Three 27 (Astral)
City Spirit No.Four 26 (Astral)
City Spirit No.Five 26 (Astral)

The dwarf slinks away, and Sundancer drags her wounded friend away from the entrance as quickly as possible.

Gentlemen, declare actions!

I want this one to go fast. There will be a maximum of 2 days time period per round for declaring actions. Any miss and your turn is skipped/action held. If roland doesn't come back from vacation soon, I assume him away from the fight.
spitfire gecko
Bypassing the KE guy's cover by shooting through the desk.

[ Spoiler ]

Throwing a dual-charged concussion-flash grenade at #3, two meters pass the rubble. Rough diagram:
---o
[ ]

- = terrorist, o = grenade, [ ] = rubble

[ Spoiler ]

Arriving at the pillar between #3 and the door the end of the initiative pass, taking 8 points of cover behind it.
FXcalibur
I am fairly sure Reaper will take the spirits, and I'm free, so I'll resolve Kadel's action first.

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

And the Knight's up next, so might as well speed it up a bit, and...

[ Spoiler ]

And the machine gunner...

[ Spoiler ]

Then I wait for Reaper smile.gif
FXcalibur
That last post turned out weird.

I think I better clarify a few more rules, since people have been asking. You know thermo? You know that +8 cover? Barring other mods and obstacles in your way, your thermo helps reduce that +8 to a +4, and a +4 to a +2. I thought this was fairly standard in games, but I guess not. Anyway, that's my ruling on the matter; sorry for not realizing earlier. It doesn't reduce your penalty for shooting from cover.

Also, I follow the school of thought where you either shoot through +8 cover or try to break past the barrier rating, whenever your opponent takes cover. hiding behind a house plant or sheet of paper and getting full +8 always kind of struck me as odd smile.gif
spitfire gecko
13D = 13S, I assume.

Soaking it with 5 combat pool.

8 points of armor, so TN = 5

10 09 09 05 05 04 04 03 03 02

Karma reroll.

14 09 04 02 01.

Moderate wound.
GreatChicken
...Ah screw that. I'll attempt to throw a grenade at the 3 gunners bunched together.

Simple Action 1: Throwing Aerodynamic Grenade: Gas at SMG'er, MG'er and AR'er
TN: 4 (short range)
Rolling scatter: 2.
Rolling scatter dist: 2, 5 (7m)
Rolling throw: 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5 (4 successes, 2 to reduce scatter)

Using Small Unit Tactics: Throw the grenade in such a way as to flush the 3 out of cover into the open
TN: Unknown
Rolling SUT: 2, 3, 4, 4, 5

Simple Action 2: Run to cover (other side of knight's table)
Shadow
DT is going to run forward 5 meters then tuck and roll. He should come up right in front of the KE guard, at which point he is going to go full auto.

[ Spoiler ]

Dodge that.

Remaining Combat pool: 2
Panzergeist
Hey, Team B, you guys feel like telling the rest of us what that terrorist told you?
spitfire gecko
Sure, as soon as we're done getting shot at.
Shadow
My thoughts exactly.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well, I personally think getting shot at was a bad decision.
spitfire gecko
You're right. We'll try to convince the next bunch of Ts we see to join us for a tea party instead of whipping out the guns on sight.
FXcalibur
Resolving DT's attack and the ARer and SMGer. I'll wait for Reaper after this, I promise.

[ Spoiler ]
Fu-Man Chu
Initiative rolls for Reaper's Elementals (all Force 4)
Fernanda (Fire) 30
Aerial (Air) 29
Brenda (Air) 26
Calista (Air) 26

Reaper's Attack on two closest City Spirits
[ Spoiler ]

I guess GM will interpret how Reaper's Elementals attack/defend (sorry to add to all the work of the rolling!)
spitfire gecko
Athletics test to dive towards the overturned desk where DT and the KE guy are.

H#:17

TN 2 to soak grenade damage, using 2 combat pool to augment the DR test.

15 10 07 03 02 02 01
#D:7 TN:2 H#:15 S:6

6 successes. Light wound.
FXcalibur
I'm already hadling so many people, I've gotten used to it wink.gif

[ Spoiler ]
FXcalibur
Okay guys, that's a wrap for the first phase! Nice and fast wink.gif

PHASE 2

INITIATIVE LIST FOR TEAM B
Reaper 32 (Astral) = 22
Kadel 31 = 20 (4 boxes of dmg, pain resist 3)
Downtown 29 = 17 (M stun) (potentially out of it)
Roland 14 = 4
Theodor 11 = 1

ENEMIES
Man with a machine gun 30 = 20
Man with an assault rifle 23 = 10 (S wound)
Lady with an SMG 21 = 11
Male Mage 20 = 10

SPIRITS
City Spirit No.Three 27 (Astral) = 15 (M wound)
City Spirit No.Four 26 (Astral) = 16
City Spirit No.Five 26 (Astral) = 14 (M wound)

REAPER's SPIRITS
Fernanda (Fire) 30 = 20
Aerial (Air) 29 = 17 (M wound)
Brenda (Air) 26 = 15 (L wound)
Calista (Air) 26 = 16

Declare Actions, please!
Beast of Revolutions
Let's hurry with the interogation and get moving. We need to get down out of this tower so we can intercept the reinforcements headed for Blackspec.
FXcalibur
Team A: Mage is in deadly. Getting swarmed by spirits isn't fun wink.gif
Beast of Revolutions
I'll search the mage for foci.
FXcalibur
Sure... Lessee... You find a cougar fineblade knife, which seems to have been a force 1 sustaining focus for the mage, judging by the impressions on the astral.

Honestly speaking, the interrogation can't get you much. Both of them are dazed, wounded, pissing their pants. They're more of the grunt variety, so you honestly don't think you can get much.
spitfire gecko
Shooting KE for the second time. Again, shooting through barrier to bypass his cover.

[ Spoiler ]

Same deal for Mr. AR.

[ Spoiler ]

Edit: 12 successes, not 14. My bad.
FXcalibur
Resolution

[ Spoiler ]
spitfire gecko
Oops. Kindly disregard this post.
Fu-Man Chu
Reaper's continuing attack on another pair of Spirits

[ Spoiler ]

If all the spirits are destroyed, I'll indicate the mage as my next enemy to the elementals.

BTW, Did Reaper notice any foci on the mage?
Shadow
DT resists the Grenade:

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
DT is going to let loose to 3 round bursts at the AR holder.

[ Spoiler ]
FXcalibur
Machine gunner goes first. Resolution:

[ Spoiler ]
Panzergeist
I search them all for grenades.
Shadow
Soaking....

[ Spoiler ]
FXcalibur
For Reaper.

[ Spoiler ]
FXcalibur
Okay, some book keeping to do. Damn wistooth op again. Thank god it's the last.

DT
A bit of errors on both our parts. The MG's base damage is 9M, his 9 round burst made it 13D. He scores 1 success (forgot the *$&# heavy weapon recoil rules *#*@).

You have a moderate stun wound. Hence, with your two soak successes, you're in Deadly physical. If you don't change your roll, you're out of the fight and the assault rifle guy is doing fine. Doesn't seem too bad though - win this round, get stabilized and get healed magically...might work.

Panzergeist

You manage to ruffle through some pockets and find 2 defensive HE nades and 1 offensive HE nade.
FXcalibur
Moving right along...

[ Spoiler ]
GreatChicken
[ Spoiler ]
spitfire gecko
Soaking it, TN = 3. Using one of the two remaining combat pool dice.

05 05 05 04 03 01

5 successes. Another light wound, for a total of 5 boxes of damage.
kevyn668
I'm going to have to drop out of this one. Sorry everybody.
TinkerGnome
I'm sorry for being non-postive, but I'm catching up. Slowly.
FXcalibur
Okay, our first dropout. Can't say I'm not dissapointed, but I understand how real life goes. Sometimes you just gotta focus on it.

Heh, and I still check in every day even though I'm on assignment week. Oh well, I'm the GM, and that's my responsibility to my game. Start a game, make a commitment. Gotta stick with it.

Well, had fun, best of luck in life, or something.
GreatChicken
Simple Action: Throwing Aerodynamic Grenade: Incendiary at SMGer
TN: 4 (Close range)
Rolling Scatter: 2
Rolling Scatter Dist: 5, 4 (9)
Rolling Throw: 10, 7, 5, 5, 3, 2 (4 successes, 3 to reduce scatter, 1 to increase damage)
FXcalibur
Resolution

[ Spoiler ]

TEAM B COMBAT OVER
Well, that wasn't too bad, was it? I think I'll lay off the ambushes...
spitfire gecko
Did the AR guy manage to get away?
GreatChicken
That evil doer sucked gas, literally. He shouldn't get far.
spitfire gecko
He's only taking moderate stun though. Still two initiative passes before it takes effect. If he's still in range, which I'm assuming he is considering how large the room is, I'm going to take aim for my next three actions and gun him down on the last pass.

[ Spoiler ]
Beast of Revolutions
Astral perception: 2 3 4 5 10 11 11
FXcalibur
Team A
[ Spoiler ]

Team B
[ Spoiler ]
spitfire gecko
Biotech roll with the rating 10 medkit that I'm borrowing back from Roland for this combat.

[ Spoiler ]

FX, you might want to jump into PBT's character for a bit and patch up DT before he buys the farm. There's no way I can hit a TN of 12 without any biotech skill. Well, possible, since I just hit a 14, but unlikely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012