Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Ed Simons
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Cat girls may be found in SR. Certainly, some Benraku parlors cater to exotic tastes. Start with a Night One, add a bioware tail and cosmeticly altered ears. Throw in a persona fix and you begin siphoning off the excess funds of many lonely otaku.

I had someone play a character who looked just like this. (Yes, I told them this was a bad idea.)

They decided to pursue a bunch of heavily armed Humanis types into the jungle by themselves. ohplease.gif And after getting severely wounded and doing no damage to their oppnents, they continued pursuit. eek.gif

Oh well, it was the most functional SR character they ever created.
Talia Invierno
Back "on" topic ... I'll have to generalise my contribution here: I find myself resorting to the "no's" mostly when players try to have their cake and eat it too. I don't think I've said it very often re equipment [edit: or type of character], but then most players who work with me already know me well enough to appreciate limits and what works within specific tones of campaign.

I wish I had something that could compete with some of the contributions already made. I don't -- but it doesn't mean I'm not appreciating biggrin.gif
Penta
"Can we steal the Popemobile?"

"Can we have a Popemobile?"
Mace
IC moments

"I'm going shopping at Lordstrungs - I'm going to take the Banshee."

"I brought the C12, so I'll just blow that church over there up for a diversion, right?"

OOC moments

Ooh - I'm gonna do a dwarf sorceror with Exceptional Willpower and blow most of the million on extra spell points ok?
nezumi
Meh... I had catgirls BEFORE SURGE, thanks to cosmetic surgery. I hate the CP2020 ruleset, but I like some details of the setting. I also have people who have a cheapy version of ruthenium, so they show television on their skin. Lots and lots of implanted spikes and leather. Mohawks too.

After all, the question is what makes us human. That question is just as valid to the woman who paid major nuyen to be a catgirl and works the street as the shadowrunner who has changed every last spot of essence in to become a killing machine.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Penta)

What's wrong with a Popemobile? I could understand if they wanted to steal the Popemobile, but all they are are dinky little underpowered cars with a booth made of bullet proof glass on the back.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (nezumi)

After all, the question is what makes us human. That question is just as valid to the woman who paid major nuyen to be a catgirl and works the street as the shadowrunner who has changed every last spot of essence in to become a killing machine.

What?
Smiley
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
QUOTE (Penta @ May 2 2005, 12:21 PM)

What's wrong with a Popemobile? I could understand if they wanted to steal the Popemobile, but all they are are dinky little underpowered cars with a booth made of bullet proof glass on the back.

Give them a Popemobile. You're getting off relatively easy. They can make something un-f*cking-godly with the Rigger 3 rules.
mfb
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
What?

it may help if you replace that first line with
After all, the question is, "what makes us human?"
Bullet Raven
Crashing Helicopter, pilot intoxicated and wounded

"Hey, aren't you guys going to put your safety belts on with me?"
"NO!"

(They all jumped out and lived.)
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Smiley)
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ May 2 2005, 12:48 PM)

Give them a Popemobile. You're getting off relatively easy. They can make something un-f*cking-godly with the Rigger 3 rules.

Popemobiles are gateway novelity vehicles. Give them a popemobile today and tommorrow they'll be stuffing themselves into a tiny clown car.
nezumi
QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
What?

it may help if you replace that first line with
After all, the question is, "what makes us human?"

BahPunctuationisfortheweak

Toobadspacesarepunctuationaswell frown.gif
Thomas
camelCasingToTheRescue smile.gif
mfb
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Popemobiles are gateway novelity vehicles. Give them a popemobile today and tommorrow they'll be stuffing themselves into a tiny clown car.

well, they'll certainly be stuffing themselves, one way or another.
Penta
QUOTE (FlakJacket)

Y'see, they wanted one with the Pope inside.

Because they thought it could fly and had weapons hidden inside.

Why they wanted it with the Pope inside, I dunno.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Penta)
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ May 2 2005, 12:48 PM)

Y'see, they wanted one with the Pope inside.

Because they thought it could fly and had weapons hidden inside.

Why they wanted it with the Pope inside, I dunno.

Let them try. Just remember that the Pope won't be too cooperative and the bulletproof glass probably has some prety powerful wards on it. Wards can be programed to allow some people to cast through them, if I remember correctly.
What do you think the Pope's initiate grade is?
mfb
probably 0, same as his magic score. the guy in charge of the pope's anti-deevul security, though...
hahnsoo
What's better than a Popemobile? A FLYING Popemobile!

http://flugtag.rbevents.com/pilotpics/352large.jpg
hyzmarca
QUOTE (mfb)
probably 0, same as his magic score. the guy in charge of the pope's anti-deevul security, though...

And all this time I thought that the Pope was a grade 50 Horror Corrputed Immortal Nazi Elf Illumanti UN New World Order Toxic Satanic Advasary Shaman who secretly invented D&D, Pokemon, and Harry Potter.

A tleast, that's what Jack Chick said.

Dissonance
I don't want to be Elfstar anymore!
SpasticTeapot
Hmm..Playing a catguy might be amusing. After all, who respects a guy who has furry ears? (Of course, if said PC was a troll, it would'nt make much difference. 500 pounds of muscle is 500 pounds of muscle, even if it purrs. Kzinti are evidence enough of this, and Kzinti lack dermal armor.)

Plus, I'd be elidgible for my own special custom flaw:

"Yaoi Victim".
Dissonance
What'd be bizarre is if you had 'Bad Otaku Japanese' AND 'Actual Japanese' language skills. To throw off those crazy Yakuza!

And then you use your secret knife-fu powers and balance tail to rain upon them stabbination.
Crimsondude 2.0
AP rounds are also AP rounds, and people can be bastards over the most trivial things.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
AP rounds are also AP rounds, and people can be bastards over the most trivial things.

Without a context, this is quite a non-sequitur, almost Sufi in its inscrutability.
Crimsondude 2.0
Blame Dissonance for posting just before I did.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Blame Dissonance for posting just before I did.

It still doesn't make much sense.
Crimsondude 2.0
I'm sorry.
Talia Invierno
After all, who respects a guy who has furry ears?
- SpasticTeapot

Not an Inuyasha fan?
DocMortand
Dunno, if everyone who saw MY ears came up to me and said "Doggy!" and rubbed them...I'd be pissed too.

Of course, if I got a Tetsaiga as compensation I'd be a little more mollified, I suppose.

I'd still ask for the flaw "allergy: people touching my ears"
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Talia Invierno)
After all, who respects a guy who has furry ears?
- SpasticTeapot

Not an Inuyasha fan?

With the exception of a few, I'm not a fan of the anime genre. Of course, if you've got magical-demon-catguy-fu on your side, the gangers eventually wise up or evolve due to natural selection and leave you alone. I personally never really understood why the guy had dog ears.
Now, a Kzinti character would be fun. Take a troll Sci-Fi fan, SURGE the heck out of him, and give him numerous ranks in compulsion:Kill everything in sight and the Vindictive flaw, in return for Lightning Reflexes III and Improved Ability: Quickness.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Dissonance)
I don't want to be Elfstar anymore!

NO, PLEASE, DON'T KILL BLACK LEAF!
hyzmarca
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Dunno, if everyone who saw MY ears came up to me and said "Doggy!" and rubbed them...I'd be pissed too.

Of course, if I got a Tetsaiga as compensation I'd be a little more mollified, I suppose.

I'd still ask for the flaw "allergy: people touching my ears"

You'd have to find a geas or something that simultes Kagome's "Sit!" so the GM can pull it on you at comicly appropriate times.
fistandantilus4.0
" no you cannot dikote your damn tail!"
Mortax
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
You'd have to find a geas or something that simultes Kagome's "Sit!" so the GM can pull it on you at comicly appropriate times.

Geas:
Most slam self to ground when told to sit by 14 year old girl wearing schoolgirl outfit.

I think I know someone who has that.....
JoeJones
QUOTE (Mortax)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ May 3 2005, 10:15 PM)

Geas:
Most slam self to ground when told to sit by 14 year old girl wearing schoolgirl outfit.

I think I know someone who has that.....

You mean just about any serious (as opposed to light or moderate ^_^ ) otaku who's got a wall of magical girl posters?
Edward
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

“Ok ok, can I have a dikoted cyber tail on my elf catgirl assassin”
lorthazar
Can I make playing cards made out of C-12 and impact detonators?

Can I have Chobham bonelacing?

Can I have an obvious cyberskull with a scalp based flamethrower?

Can I have memory metal bonelacing?

Apathy

"Yes, unfortunately, the increased weight has reduced your quickness to 0. You are now an indestructible quadrapeligic..."
Mortax
QUOTE (Apathy)

"Yes, unfortunately, the increased weight has reduced your quickness to 0. You are now an indestructible quadrapeligic..."

Unfortunatly, Nitinol (most commen memory alloy) is titanium and nickle, so it really isn't that heavy. Then again, aluminum isn't really heavier than titanium, nor is plastic, comparitivly. So none of the weight increases really make sense.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Edward)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ May 4 2005, 11:38 AM)

“Ok ok, can I have a dikoted cyber tail on my elf catgirl assassin”

"No"
Club
My charecter has Aptitude: Pistols, Ambidexterity 8, twin smartlinks. Will you bend the rules a bit so I can use two 'linked pistols at the same time?
Smiley
This guy would have gotten the 'NO!' right after aptitude: pistols.

[EDIT] I take that back. He would would have gotten it after aptitude: pist...
DocMortand
QUOTE (Smiley)

Got THAT right.
LinaInverse
QUOTE (DocMortand)
QUOTE (Smiley @ May 4 2005, 11:25 PM)

Got THAT right.

I really wonder why are you and others are so up in arms about Aptitude: Pistols (or any other skill). If Smartgun Link 2 is balanced (-2 to tgt#), then how is Aptitude so unbalanced (-1 to tgt#)? And don't give me the nuyen/essense costs; SL2 is about the cheapest, easiest thing in the book to get.
Aku
Me, joking around with a GM about a mage character i'm making...

Gaesa must not be clean shaven...

I think i mentioned a few others out of jest that i think have already been mentioned here, but i liked that one the best...
LinaInverse
QUOTE (Aku)
Me, joking around with a GM about a mage character i'm making...

Gaesa must not be clean shaven...

I think i mentioned a few others out of jest that i think have already been mentioned here, but i liked that one the best...

Here's a cheesy one to propose right after he shoots the 5-o'clock shadow one down. "Must not eat food" (ie, get magic as long as you're fasting). Then run out and get Nutrition and Fast spells...biggrin.gif
Ceres
..all I have to say is, anyone ever see any of the PC Epoc's character sheets?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (LinaInverse)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ May 4 2005, 10:50 PM)

Got THAT right.

I really wonder why are you and others are so up in arms about Aptitude: Pistols (or any other skill). If Smartgun Link 2 is balanced (-2 to tgt#), then how is Aptitude so unbalanced (-1 to tgt#)? And don't give me the nuyen/essense costs; SL2 is about the cheapest, easiest thing in the book to get.

They stack.

~J
LinaInverse
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (LinaInverse @ May 5 2005, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (DocMortand @ May 4 2005, 10:50 PM)

Got THAT right.

They stack.

~J

And your point is...?

The base tgt# is 4; SL2 makes it 2. Aptitude, in that very common situation, doesn't do squat. Yes, it would be a factor if someone was shooting at range, through smoke, etc. But in most of these cases, there are other ways to eliminate or mitigate them (EMag 3, Recoil comp, Ultrasound, etc)

And how is it so unfair for Unarmed Adepts, Magicians, etc (who mostly avoid Cyber) to have the same ability (in fact, cut in half) as every gun-toting street punk out there has?
Kagetenshi
If your TNs are usually 2, we're playing different games.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012