Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Bug City
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Sphynx
No noise is really being made (it's a melee fight, and not the cinematic asian KIIIIIYYAAAAAHHHHH type fight), and it's not only too far away (behind the rather large building that you're in the front of), but the building walls themselves are between you and the fight.
nick012000
Well, there will be the screaming once the dieing starts...

Shouldn't Eric be able to see that they are spirits if they are bug spirits, because he's assensing them? Similarly, if they are flesh-form spirits, they should be dual-natured and entirely capable of seeing and assensing Eric. And of hurting him with their attacks, assuming he simply doesn't fly though the nearest wall, or up high enough vertically to be out of their reach.
Sphynx
Let me worry about that sort of stuff, if there was screaming to be heard, you'd have heard it. Don't worry about Eric and his part of the game.
Reign Maker
So no definate gang id just think gang members and looks like they were running? You said some had arrows in them and some had big ole'wounds and look eaten.. like ghoul eaten or like big nasty bear eaten? What are the walls made out of? How high is the celing, can I use my grapple gun to latch onto anything up there if I want to?
Sphynx
Although some may have been gang members, it doesn't look like a gang war, too many non-gangers.

Big nasty bear eaten.

Thick mortar stuffish. nyahnyah.gif

Yes. (12ish meters high at a guess)
Reign Maker
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Big nasty bear eaten.

Yes. (12ish meters high at a guess)

1) EWWW

2) Have range finder on smartlink and weapon for future ranges, but I guess that will work 12ish it is.
Lindt
If that Hummer suddenly grows branches and does unspeakable things to us, Im never playing in one of your games EVER AGAIN. =p

When things are too good to be true, they are, and are out to get you as well.
Sphynx
Oh..... guess I should have come up with something more original, I'll have to rethink this.... nyahnyah.gif
nick012000
QUOTE (Lindt)
If that Hummer suddenly grows branches and does unspeakable things to us, Im never playing in one of your games EVER AGAIN. =p

When things are too good to be true, they are, and are out to get you as well.

We're probably about to fight about 8 bug spirits, that are ork fleshforms. Be happy while the peacefulness lasts.

Unless said bugs actually are a bunch of SURGEd orks, but I doubt that. Of course, given that the mage of the group didn't notice they were spirits (or at least dual-natured) nearly immediately, it is entirely possible that they aren't bug spirits.
Sphynx
Just a small clarrification for ole' nick....

Frater did not Assense (at least he didn't post as much).
Assense is a Simple Action, not a Free Action, so unless declared, no Assensing.
FleshForms are not 'spirits' perse, and in a world that's never heard of bug-spirits, a mage's closest point of reference is Surge.
It does require Assensing (though only 1 success) to determine that something is what it is.

Sphynx
Lindt
Besides, only one person has seen them, and hes still in the astral.
Just remember, that its highly unlikely you will hear a fist fight though a 8" ferroconcrete wall.

Sorry for my not posting, I was having trouble getting something written well enough to be happy. Still not really, but... *meh*
Reign Maker
On a related topic I am moving to florida...TODAY like after this post so I will not be able to post till wednesday! Just letting you know.
Frater Inominatus
Sphynx,
I am assuming from your lack of telling me that there were no living beings INSIDE the building. Prior to my arriving to the back of the biulding; Did I notice/find any "secret" type or safe (meaning where they keep the money/personal firearms/valuables/etc...) rooms? If so I would manifest to Nick and point them out before returning to the astral and going "out back."
Sphynx
I didn't tell you further because your posted actions on dealing with the 8 bugs and the fighter will determine if you continue to get to the inside or not. I didn't feel like assuming you were just going to ignore the scenario. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
nick012000
QUOTE (Sphynx @ Jun 6 2005, 10:53 AM)
Just a small clarrification for ole' nick....

Frater did not Assense (at least he didn't post as much).
Assense is a Simple Action, not a Free Action, so unless declared, no Assensing.
FleshForms are not 'spirits' perse, and in a world that's never heard of bug-spirits, a mage's closest point of reference is Surge.
It does require Assensing (though only 1 success) to determine that something is what it is.

Sphynx

Isn't astral perception (assensing) the only sense you have while astrally projecting? Even if he doesn't assense, it should be obvious that they're astrally present, right? Assuming they are dual natured...
Frater Inominatus
Eric will assence the group, find Nick and manifest, he will give details about what is going on out back and return to help the besieged fellow. Either give me the details to post or just put what I see up on the IC thread, either way is cool with me. I'm telling Nick anyway.
scoundrel
Just a suggestion, but taking advantage of line breaks while posting is an easy way to make stuff significantly more readable. smile.gif
HeySparky
I wasn't going to say anything, because I'm enjoying Eric so, but yeah FI, some paragraphs would make reading your posts tons easier. Especially the long ones.
Frater Inominatus
I edited. Better?
Fortune
QUOTE (Frater Inominatus)
Either give me the details to post or just put what I see up on the IC thread, either way is cool with me. I'm telling Nick anyway.

Some details are in the CHAR thread, if you feel you want to change anything. wink.gif
HeySparky
Fortune! Nice to have you!
Fortune
smokin.gif wavey.gif
Fortune
Sphynx: I am pretty sure that you meant to write Tash where you put Ana in reference to Mishka.
Sphynx
Surely you've mis-read. nyahnyah.gif Oh, and ignore that 'last editted on' thing at the bottom. wink.gif
Fortune
I must have, because we all know the GM is never wrong. My mistake. upsidedown.gif
Lindt
Yay! Fortune is back!
nick012000
Time to roll initiative? If you don't want me to roll, my average initiative will be 26.5.

With a Quickness 10, I cover 30 meters/Combat Turn running, or 10 meters/second.
Frater Inominatus
Time has slowed a bit, since Eric is moving alot faster than the meat bodies, and all.  Thus some of your posts may seem to be ignored, the actual case is that you're just too far ahead.  nyahnyah.gif

Does this mean no penalties for not posting until everyone catches up?
HeySparky
Does this mean no penalties for not posting until everyone catches up?

I wouldn't count on it. smile.gif
Sphynx
Everyone catches up? Frater, your character is the one 'behind'. nyahnyah.gif Everyone's trying to catch up to you, so start posting. wink.gif
nick012000
Let's see...

Are we using the High Strength Recoil Comp rules from the Cannon Companion? I think I'll get 3 more points of recoil comp if we are (I don't have access to a copy of the CC ATM), and these numbers will assume we are.

I'll assume partial light at worst, difficult ground and that I'm still counted as running.

[ Spoiler ]
Sphynx
Any chance you could throw that in [ spoiler ] tags IC so I can work with 1 thread please? smile.gif

And yes, I use the CC Recoil Comp rules for Strength.
Frater Inominatus
Information please,
I need the results of my assensing test so's I can post up to the point where Eric begins his attack on the 8 orcs attacking Mishka. Also, are Mishka or the little girl injured?
Sphynx
Sorry, you should post in the IC thread when you want to assense (and actually ANY character action), I didn't see it here.

As for assensing, they are not-heavily cybered Orcs who seem to have been Surged in a strange manner. They seem Dual Natured, and although their Auras seem meta-human in nature, there's a foul taste around them that says 'Alien'. You have imagery in your mind that takes you back to some trid sci-fi you saw where a strange leech-like creature attaches itself to someone's brain and controls them, except there's no obvious leech-like creature attached to their brains here. But they are definitely no longer just 'human'.
Frater Inominatus
Eric will assence the group, find Nick and manifest, he will give details about what is going on out back and return to help the besieged fellow. Either give me the details to post or just put what I see up on the IC thread, either way is cool with me. I'm telling Nick anyway.

Sorry, I put it here.
HeySparky
Hey nick... just so's you know, the [CHAR] thread is for character info only and character critiques should go here.
nick012000
Uhh huh. If Sphynx wants me to delete that post and move it here, I will.
scoundrel
QUOTE (Sphynx)
They seem Dual Natured, and although their Auras seem meta-human in nature, there's a foul taste around them that says 'Alien'.  You have imagery in your mind that takes you back to some trid sci-fi you saw where a strange leech-like creature attaches itself to someone's brain and controls them...

Yeerks? biggrin.gif
nick012000
Frater, when we're through with this, I would suggest spending a bit of Karma to learn a non-Exclusive Manaball spell. So that the next time something like this happens, and we get mobbed with bugs while you're projecting, you can nuke them en masse without having to worry about us. As it is now, I would recommend summoning a bunch of Watcher Spirits to grant the melee fighters a 'friends in melee' bonus.

EDIT: Okay, I'm officially scared now. They're flesh form roach spirits, so (unless Sphynx changed them) they have physical attributes of Host's original attributes +Force, Reactions of 2x Force, Armor of Force+2, Combat Pools of 1.5xForce+1/2 Host's Quickness. Assuming the worst case scenario that the hosts had straight 6's for their physical attributes, and that they were orks like Sphynx said, then that gives them S Force+8, Q F+6, B F+9. Assuming they're Force 6 (higher force is possible, but I really don't want to think about that, and if they were, the 8 of them should have cut the adept apart in seconds), my first autofire burst shoud have cut the first one apart. Using its entire combat pool of 12 dice in the dodge test, it should score about 2 successes on the dodge test, and then rolled its 15 Body dice vs TN 6 (14-8 armor), scoreing another 2.5 successes, leaving me with another 1 net success, and inflicting a D wound on it. The fact that it took 2 shots scares me, because it means that its better than a standard Force 6 is scary. Granted, a Force 7 would probably survive the first burst primarily due to its improved armor, but probably wouldn't try to dodge, so I can conclude one of the following:
0. whatever it was scored at least 2 net successes (and 9.5 total successes)
1. whatever we're fighting has at least 9 points of Armor, and 28.5+ dice to roll on at least one Body test/Initiative pass
2. Whatever we're fighting has 57+ Combat Pool dice
3. whatever we're fighting has enough Body and Combat pool dice to score at least 9.5 net successes vs. TN 6 and TN 14-Armor.
Sphynx
He say six of the eight things either dead or expiring messily.

Not sure what you mean here, or if you just expect alot from your team-mates, but currently, of the 20 'things' at least 18 are still at full health, onyl 2 were taken down last turn...
Sphynx
QUOTE (nick012000)
Okay, I'm officially scared now. They're flesh form roach spirits, so (unless Sphynx changed them) they have physical attributes of Host's original attributes +Force, Reactions of 2x Force, Armor of Force+2, Combat Pools of 1.5xForce+1/2 Host's Quickness. Assuming the worst case scenario that the hosts had straight 6's for their physical attributes, and that they were orks like Sphynx said, then that gives them S Force+8, Q F+6, B F+9. Assuming they're Force 6 (higher force is possible, but I really don't want to think about that, and if they were, the 8 of them should have cut the adept apart in seconds), my first autofire burst shoud have cut the first one apart. Using its entire combat pool of 12 dice in the dodge test, it should score about 2 successes on the dodge test, and then rolled its 15 Body dice vs TN 6 (14-8 armor), scoreing another 2.5 successes, leaving me with another 1 net success, and inflicting a D wound on it. The fact that it took 2 shots scares me, because it means that its better than a standard Force 6 is scary. Granted, a Force 7 would probably survive the first burst primarily due to its improved armor, but probably wouldn't try to dodge, so I can conclude one of the following:
0. whatever it was scored at least 2 net successes (and 9.5 total successes)
1. whatever we're fighting has at least 9 points of Armor, and 28.5+ dice to roll on at least one Body test/Initiative pass
2. Whatever we're fighting has 57+ Combat Pool dice
3. whatever we're fighting has enough Body and Combat pool dice to score at least 9.5 net successes vs. TN 6 and TN 14-Armor.

My bug spirits work differently. However, should anyone need to know, they are only Force 5 (all 20) and have Stats of all 3's, modified by the Orc Template. I house rule how their armour works, and just so anyone knows, melee works normally, it's only gun-fire I house rule. nyahnyah.gif After this fight, I'll gladly share the House Rule with the players so they know why it is guns are so much weaker against the spirits than against normals, but not until AFTER the fights.
Fortune
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Meanwhile outside Mishka continues his mostly defensive stance, not realizing that the numbers have dropped from 8 to 2, and thus losing his wonderful oppurtunity for attack.

Yeah yeah! I meant to get back sooner, but things progressed in a different manner than I envisioned. It isn't narmally like me to lag like that, as you well know. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

Besides, the character is pretty simple, in more ways than one. wink.gif

Oh, and just for the record, I did say in my very first IC post that Tash was hiding under an overturned trash can. It doesn't matter much though (maybe it got knocked away in the heat of battle?), but I figured it was something that Mashka would do. smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (nick012000)
Come on, mate. Take a couple of geasa to make up for the Magic loss. The power of mix/maxing compels you! nyahnyah.gif Even if they're just talisman geasa, they're better than just losing those Magic points permanently. And he doesn't have to fully know that they're effecting his magic, either. Just that he feels a little faster when he's wearing his lucky ring, or something.

I'm not a big fan of Geasa (as if that isn't obvious wink.gif). Even if I was, I just didn't envision it for this particular character.

And I think he's min-maxed enough. grinbig.gif
gobogen
Are guns so much weaker that I can't shoot twice? wink.gif

Just wondering why in the description 1) Joe shoots only once and 2) why he hasn't hit the head instead of the chest.
Sphynx
Sorry Gob, I missed you stating your 2nd shot, my mistake.

As for the head/chest, my mistake again, I write all the numbers and info on a sheet of paper then begin rolling my dice. Then I try my best to match the descriptions with the rolls and sometimes forget (despite my writing it was a called shot) where you described the hit. I'll try to improve on that.

Sphynx
Lindt
Before i finish editing my post, I have a couple of questions.

1. Exactly how well (if at all) are the radios working?

2. I noticed the time/date stamp is saying June. The QZ wasent formed untill after the Cermak Blast on September 1st. Or are we chalking this up to the alternatic reality as well?

That is all.
Frater Inominatus
QUOTE (Sphynx @ Jun 9 2005, 08:14 AM)
He say six of the eight things either dead or expiring messily.

Not sure what you mean here, or if you just expect alot from your team-mates, but currently, of the 20 'things' at least 18 are still at full health, onyl 2 were taken down last turn...

Just my aluclacsid kicking in. Edited.

The "eight" I was referring to were the original orc-bugs attacking mishka...
Sphynx
Lindt: Year's 2064, very alternative reality. nyahnyah.gif And the radios don't seem to work very well at all (Flux 10 blocking everything in the area)
Frater Inominatus
Just trying to familiarize myself with your style Sphynx; Do we continue posting actions or wait for you to announce a new combat round?
scoundrel
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Gnat is the first to notice the bugs that have encircled the team and reacts with a quick burst fire from his Ruger Thunderbolt BurstFire Pistol, but faster than imagineable, the creature moves to the side, causing the 3-fire burst to slide right past him without hitting. Shocked, the huge Orc opts for the bettor part of valor, and heads for the door, dodging what attacks he can on the way.

Hey, I didn't notice that Gnat had mysteriously goblinized in the middle of the game!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012