Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Bug City
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
nick012000
So, did you count my actions, or not? I would have allocated the dice just like last time.
Sphynx
Nope, I treated it as additional suppressive fire.
Frater Inominatus
Yes, I will use a point of karma for the re-roll.

Is the group(my group, not the orcs) in an area that I could cover all of them with an astral barrier? Is the large group of orc-bugs still inside the building or have they already poured out?
nick012000
Okay then.

I take it that this is the third initiative pass for the first combat turn (so only people w/ initiatives >20 are acting)?
scoundrel
How come you guys are calling your shots? The extra bump in damage level isn't worth the +2/+4 TN penalty, in my opinion.
nick012000
Mallet, are you using SUT to add to our Combat Pool or our Initiative?
Sphynx
Frater, still took a Light Drain I'm afraid, after the re-roll.

Nick, These are suppose to be whole turns, not phases. As I said in the beginning, post actions for every phase at once. We're on Round-3 now.

Sphynx
nick012000
Really? I think everyone else has been posting phase-by-phase, as well. I've editted my actions to include the entire combat turn.
Fortune
I have been posting turn-by-turn, and I'm most definitely not the only one.
nick012000
I know Frater has been posting phase-by-phase, as he's Astral (and therefore has +20 Initiative) and has only been taking 1 Complex Action/turn.
Sphynx
Frater cast 2 seperate spells as complex actions on his first 'turn', and a 3rd spell on his 2nd turn, spending his 2nd action looking he said.

Sphynx
Frater Inominatus
Now I'm confused.

Correct me if I am wrong here Sphynx but, as I understood, we were supposed to post all of the actions we were going to take for the round at once. Oh, wait, I think I see the problem. Are we supposed to put all of our actions into a single post?

In that case, I misunderstood. I was also posting actions by phase. Clarify this for me please: If I have a 31 astral initiative, do I post four "phases worth" of actions for the entire round?

I thinkI have it now.
mallet
Yep, I am still using Small Unit Tactics. I'll use it every chance I can.
Sphynx
Yes Frater and Nick, every phase for the whole combat turn should be in 1 [ spoiler ] box.
Frater Inominatus
Cool, thanks Sphynx, sorry for the mistake.
gobogen
I'll have trouble posting until at least Monday, so can you just keep Joe shooting at the bugs as needed. Here's a sample for you ...
[ Spoiler ]
nick012000
Try not to kill yourself, Frater. Drain taken on the Astral is Physical damage, isn't it? Or is it just manaballs and whatnot that do Physical drain when astral?
Sphynx
All drain in the astral is Physical.
Frater Inominatus
I am aware that it is physical damage. But, there are twenty or so of these creatures. Overwhelming numbers. The group won't last very long if they try to go head to head with them. Every barrier they have to spend their action knocking down is another round of actions our group can spend killing them. So far I have only taken a light. I might take two more by the end of the round, unless things go really badly. Then I will have to change tactics. But thanks for your concern.
Frater Inominatus
(Sphynx Jun 13 2005, 04:42 AM)
FYI, previous wound modifiers do NOT apply for resisting Drain, so drain was 3S, 3S, 5S (+2 is for EACH spell sustained).

Sphynx,
The focused concentration edge reduces the penalty for sustaining by one and allows the caster to sustain a number of spells equal to INT +1. SR Comp. pg. 28
Sphynx
Well, I think Focused is suppose to only effect the target Modifier in casting, not the drain, but I'm willing to be lenient here since it could be open to interpretation. I reduced the 3rd casting to a Light Drain since it would be 4S instead of 5S to resist. That's still a total of 4 boxes Physical wounds sustained, but better than the 6. smile.gif

Sphynx
Frater Inominatus
Thank you O wise and gracious GM. smile.gif
mallet
Sphynx, I am unsure how many bullets are fired in a "surpressing burst", but I was assuming that I would need to be reloading after every turn (spending part of one of my phases doing so). I have 6 clips in total for the rifle, so I figure I have used two already. If this is wrong (by more or less) let me know. But Mike is more concerned with keeping everyone safe and alive, then with saving ammo. If he has to burn all his rifle ammo to keep the bugs back, even for just a little while, then he will.
Lindt
Max ROF is 15 I believe. Unless its HV then its *checks CC* 18. So then normal is lower. Someone look it up.
nick012000
Normal is 10. Miniguns alway fire at 15. HV max is 18.
Fortune
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Mishka, I answered last time, I allow the 2 to stack.

D'oh! I do know that. The spoiler was a cut & paste from the previous one, after which I changed what I thought was needed. I missed that line though. Sorry about that. biggrin.gif
Lindt
Im not really able to post right now, it seems my boss hasent paid the cable bill in a few month and we where shut off over the weekend. Ill post IC as soon as its back.

Frater Inominatus
Is something going on? No one has posted in awhile.
nick012000
I'm still here. It's just that I only post when I have something to add, and ATM, Locke isn't doing much. Though I'll make an IC post anyway. nyahnyah.gif
Sphynx
Sorry folks, I just went for a week with no internet, and the $%!@(^#@%$%&@@#%( ^(Q#%@!#% phone company claims to not have a clue as to why, or why it's now suddenly working. Anyhows, just to keep a heads up, I will post daily again until/unless I lose my connection again and have to wait another %&^(*!@#$)( (!#@%$( week to get online.

Sphynx
nick012000
No worries, Sphynx.

Guys, don't forget your Task pools, if you've got them. Also, don't forget that Stealth (awareness) is a complementary skill to some Perception tests.
Fortune
I'm holding off until Sparky makes her IC post.
HeySparky
I'm doing research for work and will be posting late. Fortune, Ana is going to back off of Mishka and the girl with some attempt at easing Mishka's worries.

Other things I'll cover:

- Breaking into the Hummer
- Explaining about the loading bay/tunnel thing she saw (and suggesting Astral recon)
- Trying to work out the problems with the communications gear
- Getting her list of gear from Galyans, yoga balls, walkie talkies (and if it makes sense sleeping bags and hammocks), ammo - Flare refills and all the flareguns she can find!
Sphynx
To be fair, I will wait another day before posting IC. This should give everyone a chance to post what they are wanting to get....
Fortune
Nice dodge there, Sparky! wink.gif biggrin.gif
HeySparky
I have lots of bonuses.

biggrin.gif

Frater Inominatus
Sphynx,
Did Eric discover the basement warehouse? I was specifically looking for such things.
Sphynx
Everyone: I think we lost some players...? Mind if I get a role-call? I see ES_, Frater, Nick, and Fortune are still here, anyone else?

Frater: Your recon stopped when you encountered the bugs which came before your attempt to go underground. You'll need to re-astral to see what's below the surface.

Everyone: Nothing really for me to post until you agree to move out, or risk staying longer. Stage is still yours.

Sphynx
mallet
I'm still here. Just waiting for the others to finish loading. I posted what I was doing, now waiting to see what happens, or when it is time to leave.
gobogen
Well I'm still here. I have always have more trouble posting on weekends (including Fridays) but apart from that I'm still as active as ever. My character doesn't seem to be doing much in this game so far though, but I'm the only one to blame for that.
Frater Inominatus
I did make a second astral recon, after the orcs left.

Eric will perform an astral recon of the interior of the building. He will specifically look for more orc-bugs, barriers, secret rooms, basements, sewer access(es?), anything out of the "ordinary" (as if there were such a thing here). Any sign of enemies and he will retreat to the group and point out their positions.

Lindt
Im here (FINA-f*cking-lly). Managed to blow my PC up when I was installing a new video card. So between still not having work acess, and now not having home acess...

Sphynx
Frater: Barrier, higher force than your Magic Rating, blocks entry to under the building. There is no basement in the building, and the hole in the center that the bugs disappeared down is also barricaded by some sort of Astral Barrier.

Rest: Tomorrow I post you heading back to Mike's. It's your last chance to do something here. Exception being if you decide to investigate the hole (not recommended, having left your loved ones behind unprotected. )
Frater Inominatus
Can I see a physical door to the area under the barrier? Is the barrier covering the hole where the orcs went the same barrier as the one under the building? Do they have different astral signatures (can I tell the difference between magic cast by physical beings and spirits?) from each other?
Sphynx
No Door visible.
Yes, same barrier (hole is in the floor of the building)
No, can't tell what cast a spell.
Frater Inominatus
Have they seen us / Does it look like they have seen us?

How many limos, how many guards, non-combat types, races, obvious body armor?

What position are the vehicles in? (parked along the wall with the gate, parked in front of the bar? Behind the building?). Are they all pointed in the same direction? Bumper to bumper, or spaced apart?

Does it look like they are waiting around for someone inside, just getting here, or moving towards the complex?

Is it raining/drizzling? If not, is there significant dew on the ground? Is there a water main/fire hydrant on the sidewalk behind them?

Are there power lines/telephone poles lining the street they are on?

Are there any mages/awakened people/critters present? Spirits, elementals, astral signatures, barriers, etc...?
nick012000
Assensing is a simple action Frater...

Do I recognize the men as belonging to any particular corp, Sphynx?
HeySparky
Sweet! Locke's with Ana - is there room for any more, Sphynx?

I guess Ana's driving. I have NO idea what rolls to make. Do your worst.

Er... on second thought, how about 4th to worst. So you can save the others worsteses for later. biggrin.gif

EDIT: It is wholly out of character for me to OOC leap into action without lots of tactical data. Ana seems like a good vehicle to get over that. And in a good vehicle to get over that. HAHAhaheh... hmmm. Anyway, I hope to not entirely frag our chances and I apologize in advance if I blow up all our loot.

Sphynx
They've obviously seen you, hence them taking up a defensive position.

Spend a simple action on a Perception Check to count stuff and I'll put it in the next IC spoiler.

Looks like they've set up camp already, not enough guards outside for how many cars there are.

Raining/Water/PowerLines/PhoneLines: If it fits the story and isn't drastic, just assume whatever you need is there.

For mages/awakened/critters/spirits/barriers/etc: Give an Assensing roll with a Simple Action, and it'll be in the next Spoiler.

Sphynx
Frater Inominatus
I edited my post to include actions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012