Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 4 Errata
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
kylleran
Since no product I've ever known of has been completely free of errors I'd invite you to post ones you've noticed here.

Please include page numbers when you have them at hand.

I'll start us off with the ocular drone. It's capacity cost is listed as 68. This should be 6.

I'll get the page number later.
tisoz
Ocular drone, page 332: aforementioned capacity, also description links to Lone Star iBall, page 241, should be page 341.

I wonder if Availabilities for Flare comp (24), Low Light (24) and Thermo vision (24)page 332, Wired Reflexes 2 (16) page 334 are correct as all are beyond recommended chargen availability and have been pretty standard for street sams.

The Essence, capacity, availability, cost headers on page 336.
the_dunner
Gah, something bad happened to the availability column of the chart on p332. It looks like two columns were accidentally merged. Going vertically, it should read:
-
16F
8R
Ratingx3
SL James
QUOTE (tisoz)
Ocular drone, page 332

I wonder if Availabilities for Flare comp (24), Low Light (24) and Thermo vision (24)page 332

Maybe they're available as contacts now? Low-Light was in State of the Art.

But, yeah, that's crazy.
Bull
Stickied the topic. Meant to start this thread up last night as well, and plum forgot. smile.gif
hahnsoo
p11, 2nd column, near the top in the Initiative section: "Initiative and End" should be "Initiative and Edge"

p195 1st column, in the Range section says that the radius of area spells is equal to the Caster's Magic rating, but the reference on p173 says that the radius of area spells is equal to the Force. Later on, in p203, the Light spell says its radius is based on Magic, but the next page, p204, the Shadow spell says its radius is based on Force. Which one is it?

p300 1st column, 2nd paragraph: States that the maximum availability at character creation is 8. It should be 12.
blakkie
QUOTE (tisoz)
I wonder if .... Wired Reflexes 2 (16) page 334 are correct as all are beyond recommended chargen availability and have been pretty standard for street sams.

Doesn't one of the sample PCs have them, in Alpha no less? So even if Avail 16 is correct i think that counts an error in the sample PC.
tisoz
Page 264, under Improving Attributes, first paragraph, the example says to multiply new skill of 5 by 5 instead of by 3 as stated in previous sentence. Also has an extra ")" or a missing "(".

Page 175, first sentence under Requirements: All members taking part in the ritual must be of the same tradition and mus know the spell.
TheJackal
Page 316-317, Shock Frills is listed under Exotic Melee Weapons and Described on the next page as needing to be used with Nonconductivity but does not have a cost listed as either an add-on or otherwise.

- Jackal
Kai
Damn you're fast ;7

--//[改]>
Dashifen
Originally posted in the magic thread. Under Initiation on p. 189 it lists that only those with the Magician or Adept qualities can initiate. I hope that it was an oversight that Mystic Adept was left off of this list.
hahnsoo
p100 lists the Sprawl Ganger as having a Reaction of 3(4), but he doesn't get any bonuses to Reaction. It should be only a 3, with Agility being 4 (5) due to Muscle Replacement.

Also, the Street Sam on the next page, p101, should have an Agility of 5(7) because of his Muscle Replacement.
Samoth
I know the first printing has just come out, but does anyone know when updated printings with fixed errata usually come out? I'm waiting to buy this book when it is more fixed so it doesn't end up like my SR2 and 3 main books filled with pen marks and margin writing.
tisoz
QUOTE (Samoth)
I know the first printing has just come out, but does anyone know when updated printings with fixed errata usually come out? I'm waiting to buy this book when it is more fixed so it doesn't end up like my SR2 and 3 main books filled with pen marks and margin writing.

When the current print run sells out. So if everyone waits it will take a long time.
hahnsoo
The Unarmed Combat Attack table on p338 for Bone Density shows the damage progression going something like +0, +2, +1, +3 (all cases are Physical damage, with Strength/2 round up as the base). I think this is probably a mistake, as it should probably be a linear progression of +0, +1, +2, +3.
tisoz
Page 324-325 Audio Enhancement and Select Sound Filters are described as having ratings, but there is a single price and availability listed for each piece of equipment.

Page 327, Autopicker lists ratings 1-6 but a single price.
Phoniex
When looking up starting gear availability I looked in the "creating a character" section and the gear chapters, in the first chapter it said availability was 12 and in the second it said it was merely 8. Which is correct?

Also the called shot modifier that negates armour reduces attacker dice by the defender armour amount equally. How is that.. well balanced, because as it stands why use it when it gives no real bonus? unless there will be *another* smartlink 2 that helps out with called shots?

That is all for now smile.gif
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Phoniex)
When looking up starting gear availability I looked in the "creating a character" section and the gear chapters, in the first chapter it said availability was 12 and in the second it said it was merely 8. Which is correct?

The 12 is correct, according to Bull. It also is in line with most (but not all) of the starting characters.
Also the called shot modifier that negates armour reduces attacker dice by the defender armour amount equally.  How is that.. well balanced, because as it stands why use it when it gives no real bonus? unless there will be *another* smartlink 2 that helps out with called shots?
It does give a bonus. It negates armor. Otherwise, any damage that you do would be turned from Physical to Stun damage if the armor is high enough. Sure, the penalty is high, but the effect is even greater (reducing dice on damage resistance and such). Also, there may be times when you want to breach the armor (Narcoject dart) in order to get the effect you desire.

A note for future postings: Please keep true Errata in this thread, and questions about "How things work" in the other stickies so we can keep this organized.
tisoz
Should probably explicitly state if a skill group is taken at chargen, then you may not raise a skill from it any further at chargen.

Might also state a melee parry will not allow the defender to inflict damage.
hahnsoo
The Matrix Combat Summary on p 232 is incorrect. It says that Hacking + Attack Program is used for Personas who want to attack. It should be Cybercombat + Attack Program. Also, on Defense, it says Response + Firewall is to "dodge" the attack, when p230 says Response + Stealth. I'm not sure which one is totally correct. We're going to play it as Response + Stealth for now (going with the Program + Attribute line of thinking)

Under p226, it says the related skill for the Attack program is Hacking. While this is true (for crashing Systems) it should also be linked to Cybercombat. Same with Black Hammer and Blackout.
mintcar
wow. lots of confusing errors.
Nikoli
Looks almost like we need a second printing before the first printing is fully for sale.
NeoJudas
Errata or Confusion?

Pg 110 under "Skill Groups", the "Tasking (Resonance)" group. No where in "the Wireless World" (pg 205 - 240) are those skills used. Sorry to say, but it seems kinda sad to have skills that are not used.

Compiling (pg 234 is Resonance + Software)
Decompiling (pg 236 is Software + Resonance)
Tasking (Registering) (pg 235 is Resonance + Software)

Uh???
hahnsoo
QUOTE (NeoJudas)
Errata or Confusion?

Pg 110 under "Skill Groups", the "Tasking (Resonance)" group. No where in "the Wireless World" (pg 205 - 240) are those skills used. Sorry to say, but it seems kinda sad to have skills that are not used.

Compiling (pg 234 is Resonance + Software)
Decompiling (pg 236 is Software + Resonance)
Tasking (Registering) (pg 235 is Resonance + Software)

Uh???

Errata. Anywhere it says "Software" on p234-236 when it describes Sprites should have the appropriate skills involved instead of the Software + Resonance references. For example, to summon a sprite, you need Compiling + Resonance. To "banish" a sprite, you use Decompiling + Resonance. To "bind" a sprite for services (similar to Binding under the Conjuring Skill Group), you use Registering + Resonance. In effect, the Tasking skill group is the Conjuring skill group for Technomancers. Most of this information can be found in p119.
tisoz
Page 291. Wolf only has essence 3?
hahnsoo
Edit: Never mind. Wow, Wolves packing cyberware, perhaps? smile.gif
Cthulhu449
I also noticed the extremely high availability for some cyberware, and the fact that some of the pre-gens have cyberware listed at too high of an availability to get according to the rules. Examples include the street samurai as mentioned, and rating 3 cyber eyes for the "Hacker" (read: Decker, damn it!). On the cyber eyes I believe they got the capacity and availabilities reversed (availability 68 for rating 4? Good luck!) FInally, the "Hacker" (blech) has a deck with all of it's ratings at 5, however I have yet to find rules that would get the stock items you can buy in the book up to all 5's. Very frustrating when you want to get the top gear you can but you can't figure out where the stuff is coming from and if it's legit or not.
kigmatzomat
Yeah, that drove me nuts too.

Don't have my book handy but at the end of the matrix chapter there's a block on upgrading Comms. That has improved hardware, either purchased or self-built. That same table may also have the upgraded OS software costs or it's in a table within 2-3 pages on the Comm/Signal Rating section.

From what I can tell most deckers should buy the cheapest Comm & OS and then upgrade the bejeezus out of it.
hahnsoo
Just look in the section where you can buy programs, and you'll see System, Firewall, Signal and Response all available for purchase at individual ratings rather than as a package deal.
Cthulhu449
Many thanks everyone!
Kai
B&E gear - Autopicker - pg. 327
Cost is straight 200, but its available in Ratings 1 to 6. Should that be 200 x Rating?

--//[改]>
Pandamoanyum
I don't have the book, but I've downloaded the Table of Contents and Index pdfs.

The Table of Contents, page 3, in the left column lists Weapon Foci as being on page 192, while all of the other foci before and after it are listed as being on page 191. The Index pdf also says Weapon Foci are on page 191.
tisoz
Page 12 Power Foci listed as page 191, should be 192.

Weapon Foci start on 191 and finish on 192.
Theo
In the range listing for bows (I'm sorry, I don't have my book handy), the listing is shifted over to the left, making it a bit confusing. I think it just needs another 'tab' in it to correct the display/printing.
Rotbart van Dainig
The DV for bows is listed as (Min Str+2)P - shouldn't it be (Min Str/2+2)P like for melee weapons?
tisoz
Page 139 has the Weapon Range Table with the bow shift.

Page 145 has the Projectile Weapons Table with the Bow entry needing shifted.

Rotbart van Dainig, Bows have always used Str Minimum + 2.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (page 119)
A typical character can hold her breath for 48 seconds (8 Combat Turns).

(For those keeping score, that would make a combat turn 6 seconds rather than the revised value of 3)

References to Shapeshifters appear in two locations: first as an example (!) of someone who would have a skill of Unaware in technical areas (p108), second in the Critters section as a possible alpha male for a wolf pack (p291).

~J
hahnsoo
p180 shows conjuring materials for binding at 500 nuyen per Force. The gear section on p340 shows conjuring materials for binding at 1,500 nuyen per Force.
hahnsoo
p334 The Unarmed Combat Attack table for Bone Lacing should be a linear progression of Plastic (STR/2 +1)P, Aluminum (STR/2 +2)P, Titanium (STR/2 +3)P, as listed in the Combat section on p149
Doomclown
QUOTE ("Page 60")
There are twelve attributes in Shadowrun ... There are four
Physical attributes, four Mental attributes, and five Special attributes.

Edit: formatted for clarification.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Doomclown)
QUOTE ("Page 60")
There are twelve attributes in Shadowrun ... There are four
Physical attributes, four Mental attributes, and five Special attributes.

Essence, Resonance, Magic, Initiative, and Edge. Nothing wrong there.
Kremlin KOA
4+4+5=12?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
4+4+5=12?

Ah. It would help if you only bolded the incorrect part in your post. Something like:

p60 Column 2, 1st Paragraph under the Attribute header should be the following:
There are thirteen attributes in Shadowrun, though each character has just eleven or sometimes twelve.
Bull
It's poorly worded, but possibly not wholly incorrect. An indivicual character can only ever have 12 attributes since Resonance and Magic are mutually exclusive.

Bull
Rotbart van Dainig
The Ares Antioch features 8(m) Grenades, the Ares Alpha 6©... wasn't it the other way round?
Sabosect
At the very least, the Ares Alpha information is wrong. It carries 8 grenades, more if you can get a GM to agree to letting you modify it.

It also has a clip of 42 bullets and a built-in smartlink-2, in addition to 2 points of recoil compensation. I hope those they got right.
Adam
QUOTE (Bull)
It's poorly worded, but possibly not wholly incorrect. An indivicual character can only ever have 12 attributes since Resonance and Magic are mutually exclusive.

It sounds like a sentence that was shortened in editing/second draft stage without double-checking the numbers. I remember it being a cumbersome sentence when I originally wrote it, but I'm pretty sure I did the math right at the time ... smile.gif
tisoz
Page 219. You may also copying some or all of a file, ...

Page 203. Levitate spell. movement is spell's Magic?

Page 325. Select Sound Filter and Audio Enhancement described as using ratings, but no ratings listed in cost table.

Wondering about mentor spirits that give bonus to spirit that are not available to tradition, like shaman - Firebringer - fire spirits, and hermetic - Wolf - beast spirits. Are these bad choices or open up access to those spirits?
Rotbart van Dainig
p. 334 Simrig: This is an implanted version of the external sim module (see p. 318).

As the sim module is a different implant (p. 331), it should mean simrig.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Bull)

Not true—the quote addresses the number of attributes "in Shadowrun", not per character.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012