Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Icy Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Ophis
There is a brief pause as everyone mounts up. Just before you start moving one of the squatters the ghouls where beating on stands and shouts, "Thank you, we really owe you one." He'll limp over and quickly introduce himself as Tommy, he offers a hand should you need it in the future, "you saved me from being ghoul chow there, maybe there's some stuff I could do to pay you back."
Thanee
Just as Felice wanted to drive on, one of the squatters comes over.

“Hey, Tommy! Are you alright? And your friend there? Your lucky day, I guess. Do you live down here?”
Ophis
"Yeah, when it gets too hot upstairs, our air con is on the blink yeh now?" He grins, "you guys ever need a hand around the warrens you find Tommy and he'll look after you."
Thanee
“Thank you Tommy for your kind offer. I'm sure, someday we would be happy to take you up for that. I'm, Felice, by the way. Say, where would we best look for you, if we wanted to find you?”
Ankle Biter
Shiver's manifested body blurs out as shiver's meat reanimates. He pulls his goggles to his forehead, and looks over to the squatters. Waiting politely for Felice to finish he adds

"As for myself, I need no thanks for dealing with those ghouls, they were as much a threat to me as they were to you. However, should you be interesed, consider joining the Lightbringers, we are always looking for new recruits."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor looks at Shiver, looking slightly bemused beneath his helmet, as Shiver makes his offer of recruitment to the squatters. <You sound like someone out of one of those old fantasy roleplaying games...> he tells him over the link.
Ophis
"Tommy pays his debts, I'm usually around the couple of blocks where these tunnels come out, my comm's not working went on the blink same timea s the air con. You say your Felice I'll remember that."
Thanee
“Maybe I can take a look over your comm later, might be able to fix it, actually. But not now. Not today. We have some time pressures on our backs, so we really must be going. Was nice to meet you Tommy. Take care!”

Felice makes a waving motion with her hand, also towards the other squatter in the background, and then she drives on.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods to the squatters, kick-starts the engine, and prepares to get going.

[OOC: Am assumign that Eury's all ok and sitting back on the bike.]
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim)
Alastor looks at Shiver, looking slightly bemused beneath his helmet, as Shiver makes his offer of recruitment to the squatters. <You sound like someone out of one of those old fantasy roleplaying games...> he tells him over the link.

Comms back to Alastor,
<My verbosity is both an affliction and an affectation of mine, I am careful in choosing my words as one needs to be in some of the circles in which I move. As to games, well, the Lightbringer is not really an escapist by nature, it prefers to deal with reality, I feel that it finds that stimulating enough.>

Shiver Grips the back of the motorbike as it pulls away.
Moonwolf
<It is good that they weren't hurt by those ghouls. They definately seemed to have degenerated a lot under the effects of that disease. Let's get out of here though, gunfire might draw attention to us from other things down here.>

"You might want to get back to the surface, you never know if there are more of them down here." Eury says to Tommy and his friend. Eury then repositions himself on the bike, and hangs on again.
Mister Juan
Sander only gave a rapid and uninterested glance towards the two squatters. The team still had a certain way to go, and they would get there any faster by chatting with some derelic human beings living on the fringe of civilization. And the place stank.

<I agree with that. Lets move out now. We've got a schedule to keep people.>
Tattered~Seraphim
<Got it. You lead the way, Reggie.> The moment that Reggie pulls away, so does Alastor.
Ophis
The group pull away, Tommy waves as you ride past and then moves to help the other squatter, a female elf, up. He rapidly disappears into the darkness behind you.

The tunnels start to rise upwards in front of you and within a few minutes you hit the surface, the stench in the air is slightly alleviated by the fresh air outside, but not as much as you would like. The buildings around here are mostly wrecked, most show some signs of ancient scorching. A few people watch you from where they sit huddled in door ways. In you time underground the temperature has dropped significantly and most surfaces have the glint of fresh dew about them. This pretty effect does little to alleviate the squalor around you, a clear reminder of the Have Nots, and a reminder to you all what the prime reason for running is.

You pull pull out of Denver's own Desolation Row and head for the nicer parts of the UCAS. Montbello to be exact. Man would it be nice to live here, most certainly the land of the Haves. Nice houses, with gardens big enough for pitched battles. It doesn't take all that long to find the address you want on Billings Street. You think you gan see a house somewhere behind the trees. By some miracle you haven't been stopped by the police yet, despite the odd way you look.

The place is walled, with decorative (and eviscerating) spikes along the top. the wall is broken only by a wrought iron gate where the gravel drive sweeps down to meet the road. Beside the gate floats an AR sign requesting all Commlinks be switched to open mode and a large real brass button decorates the wall just beneath it.
Thanee
Felice drives her bike close to the wall, near the gate, and parks it there. Turning around, she takes in the surrounding area and looks out for any possible threats.

< There we are. So far so good. Should we just ring the bell, or do you want to take any precautions? >
Dranem
Reg is glad when they clear the Barrens, on a bad day the stench from Aurora drifts where the garage is located. The trip to Denver, many moons ago, left them enough cash to live for several months, hopefully jobs like this will keep them in the middle-income bracket rather than living like this. That and the dead-zones in the barrens can drive one with Reg's talents batty!

The navlink picks the traffic reports once they finally clear Aurora, and points them to Montebello using the most efficient route avoiding Lone Star patrol routes where possible. Now this is a little unexpected, and I forgot my fancy duds. When they finally reach the address Reg scans the area, using the drone's sensory pickups as a boost. Reg takes off the helmet, looking over the estate.
<"I don't know if that would be prudent or insulting, either way I'll see what recon the drone will give us....">
Ankle Biter
<I could do some astral reconnisance, get a birdseye view of the place, but before I do does anyone have any objections to this idea?>
Mister Juan
Hopping off the bike, Sander took a few steps around to stretch his numbed legs. If everything still went without a hitch, this would probably be one of the easiest job he'd ever pulled.

As he tried to peep beyond the closed gates at the estate's ground, Sander spoke up.

"Well, this does seem to be it. Since there's 6 of us, we'll split. Three go in, three stay out. That way, if they try to ice us, at least, we'll have some sort of backup."

Sander took a few steps toward the large real brass button.

"Felice and Euryxanthous, you're with me."

He shot a glance over his shoulder toward the three other runners.

"You guys just sit tight and we'll get you your share. If they try to pull a fast one, you're the cavalry"

Without even waiting for an answer from anyone, he presses the button.
Ophis
Reggie
[ Spoiler ]

Shiver
[ Spoiler ]

Sander presses the button...

Sander
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
The visual feed pumped right into his cybereyes, Sander observed the man for a few seconds. He couldn't tell if he was "real", or a simple preprogrammed icon.

Putting on his best thousand nuyens smile, he spoke in a courteous and polite tone.

"Denver's Express Postservice. We're bringing in the mail."
Ophis
Sander
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
"Thank you sir."

Turning back towards the rest of the team, he motioned them towards the now opening gate.

"They'll meet us up the driveway. Let's seal this thing."

Straightening his collar and cuffs, Sander made sure his clothes were impecable before starting to walk up the now opened path.
Ophis
As Sander says his bit, the gates swing open majestically. You can head up the drive which winds between stands of trees up to a house designed in an Oldworld mansion style. Four wiseguys in ill fitting suits are stood in front of the door. They walk over towards you.

The lead guy flashes a smile at Felice and says, "Hey I'm Michael, if you'd like to park your bikes up and come with me. The boss is in a meeting in the basement at the moment, but he said to bring you all right down."

Sander
[ Spoiler ]
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor observes the area and the house carefully, his eyes flickering about the house, trying to pick up the sight of anything fishy, and to try and get a better understanding of the house's security. Probably one of the Corp big-guns, he thinks to himself.
Thanee
Smiling back, Felice says: “Hi Michael. Bike is already parked, I'm sure I don't have to worry much about its security in this part of town. Nice house you got there, must be a pleasure to work here.”

Felice will transmit visual and audio feed to Reggie's 'commlink'.

“Shall we?”
Ankle Biter
<Reggie, Alastor, we staying outside, or what? Personally I don't mind either way, I don't see this being a trap unless the goons in ill fitting clothes here have killed the house's current occupants and put their clothes on. Seroiusly, who hires that expensive a suit and dosen't make sure it fits?>
Ankle Biter
Shiver moves to make skinlink contact with Reggie.

<Any chance you coulld check this Michael guy's commlink records see where he has been today? Head office of this place's oppising political party perhaps? Call me paranoid later...>
Tattered~Seraphim
<Don't get too paranoid, Shiver. We've been hired to deliver the package to this address, and that's it. If we were spyed on during the meet and someone's taken the place of the actual recipiant, then it's the Johnson's matter to deal with. Not ours, unless we're dragged into a fight.> Alastor shrugs mentally, keeping on the lookout for any trouble.
Dranem
Reg looks over the situation, then looks down the street.
<"Well this is the type of neighbourhood where the Star don't like loitering.... we should at least bring the bikes in the gate and wait there so we don't draw attention.">
Tattered~Seraphim
<You're right. They might think that we're up to no good!> Alastor snorts a laugh. "Ha." He leads the way, taking the bike through the gate, going through the security measures.
Despite being on alert for any trouble, Alastor looks fairly laid back in the surroundings of the district, from the look of his body language from what can be seen of it. Blue eyes gaze about as though curious about the sights of the area.
Dranem
Reg pulls the bike inside the gates, and is a slight bit apprehensive when the gates close behind them. Trying to remain calm, the elf focuses on the drone's and Felice's data feeds - hoping that those in the house won't be lead into a signal blocking room.

Reg starts looking up some data on this 'Michael' or at least who owns the title of the land - Cross referencing what can be found with current events. The excersize is more to keep busy than anything...
Ankle Biter
<I don't care if it's the wrong people being delivered to from the "geting the job done front", we were indeed just being payed to get the package here. I care if it's the wrong people from the "them not paying us and disposing of us instead" front.>

Siver wanders into the compund, face impassive, and slightly distant. Glancing around with mild interest.
Moonwolf
Eury stays fairly close to Felice and Sander, and seems slightly bored by the situation. {Watchers, if I go through a ward, wait for me, don't try to pass through it. Shout me if you see anything big astrally though} <I would think that we shouldn't need to worry that much about them being replaced. If they're willing to pay this much to move a letter, rather than just sending it through with a mule, then the recipients should be fairly safe as well.>
Thanee
< The letter might contain something other than what the J said. But I cannot think of a good reason, why someone would break in here and replace the guards to receive the letter. Doesn't hurt to stay alert, though. >
Ophis
Michael seems to be a little impatient, "If you would ALL come with me, my boss will see you NOW."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods, and starts heading towards where Michael is waiting for everyone.
Thanee
“While we are here for a delivery and not for a chat, I for one am curious to hear, what your boss has to say,” Felice mentions, while waiting for the rest to make up their minds.
Ankle Biter
"Very well, take me to your leader." Says shiver, deadpan, as he makes every indication that he intends to follow Michael as soon as he takes the lead.
Dranem
Reg shrugs. Unless I hack the gate we're not getting out anyway, might as well follow.
The elf turns off the bike and effortlessly jogs down the drive to catch up with the others.

Might as well see what this boss wants, besides this is a good way to make sure I get paid for the rest of the run. The elf seems mildly distracted though as the search through the databases continues. It's always good to know more about the one's you work for...
Ophis
Michael waits for the six of you to sort yourselves out, and then leads the way into the house, his friends following on behind. Inside the place is plush without crossing over the line into bad taste. Your lead through the house and the down some stairs into the cellar.

Reggie
[ Spoiler ]

The stairs lead down to a firing range. Off too your left lounges a pair more wise guys. Just to your right stands an older hispanic man in a suit that reeks class, perfectly tailored to fit him. He stands with a nervous looking elven man.

As you enter the older man nods to you and says, "Just one moment please." He picks up and hand to the elf a shooting target. He signals to the elf to walk with it down the range. Once the elf reachs the end he waits for the elf to raise the target and opens fire.
Dranem
Reg follows Michael, absorbing the information the searches have provided. Taking note of the surroundings.
<"Word up, my sources point that this is the home of the Chavez Mafia, best to not speak unless spoken to.. the Family can be really picky on protocol.">

Reg stands there quietly, watching the procedings in perfect calm. The elf has heard the mafia can be harsh, their policies draconian. Best not to react to events as a show of strength and respect.
Thanee
While quite tempted to compliment the older man about his shooting, Felice instead just remains silent and waits patiently for the moment to pass and the man to address them.
Ophis
The older man will empty his clip. Every bullet has hit the target. The elf is unharmed, well physically at least... The old man puts the gun down and turns to you checking his watch.

"I'm impressed. Raven said you'd make the delivery promptly, but I wasn't expecting an hour early." he glances at the elf, "I don't like people who deliver late. Now If I can have the package?"

He extends a hand towards you. Probably time to hand it over.
Mister Juan
Smiling his best smile at the man, Sander unbuttoned his jacket open, but did not reach inside for the letter.

"No offense meant sir, but you will get what is yours, when we get what is ours. Understand we were all hired to protect this package until we have the rest of our cred. I am simply following my contract to the letter."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor stands there motionless, his face unreadable. Like a cat, however, he is ready to spring into action with the slightest amount of warning. He says nothing, preferring to stand towards the back of the group, watching the events.
Ankle Biter
Shive whispers on a level only heard to himself and his spirit. "should physical confict occur between my party and these people with whom we are interacting throw an influence on that boss looking fellow over there to convince his goons to surrender."
Ophis
The boss while look Sander in the eyes for a moment, its like locking eyes with a lizard, a venomous lizard. "Shadowrunner quoting contracts, how unusual. Phillipe." He signals to one of his men leant against the back wall, who reaches into his inside pocket and pulls out a bundle of six certified credsticks, he then hands one to each of you. A quick check will show the value 3250:nuyen:, the remains of your payment.

"Now my package, if you would."
Ankle Biter
Shiver accepts his cred with a nod, giving it only a cursory glance before pocketing it.
Dranem
Reg looks a little uncomfortable at Sander's demands. Package drops are usually quite simple: You hand over the delivery, the contact pays you. Demanding funds up front may insult the man. That he payed the remainder in full is quite fortunate.
"Mucho Gracias" Reg says quietly as the credstick is handed over.

Reg however does not pocket the funds yet, glancing sidelong at 'Clark' awaiting him to complete the transaction. Clark's been a smooth operator so far, this last step shouldn't be too hard to complete. This is Reg's chance to get in good with the the Chavez family, a good client for a lot of work if they play their cards right.
Thanee
“Thank you, sir!” Felice says towards the older man with a slight nod, after the guy called Phillipe handed over the credstick, which promptly vanishes in the inside of her jacket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012