Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Icy Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Ankle Biter
Shiver seems disappointed at Perianwyr's intervention. Ah, well, at least now he knows enough about Sander to be going by.

<I concur with that assesment, Felice.>
Mister Juan
Now out of the room, Sander finally replied something over the channel.

<The lizard said to avoid killing if possible. He didn't say not to whack anyone. If the situation arises in a way that a life has to be taken, you better all step up. This penalty is ridiculous. The way I see it, you all owe ME for getting you this job, as well as getting us a raise. Anyone who wants to touch my share, I'll ice them myself, clear?>

There was one thing Sander wanted to make sure, right now, if he was going to work with this team in the future. No one fragged with his nuyens. No one.
Thanee
< If a situation arises, where taking a life is the only way out, then someone has done something wrong! It's that simple. Perianwyr prefers to have this work out without any casualities, so we should aim for that, instead of deliberately taking it into account. It would hurt our reputation, if we can't manage that, and that's worth more than a mere 2k. But losing 2k still hurts some, I would certainly try to avoid it. Therefore my proposal, see it as some kind of bet, if we can make this without killing anyone. It's not a penalty. It's an offer, or an apology, from the one who made the fault - if one happens, which I sure as hell do not hope for. You know, that's why I asked what everyone thinks about it. It's not like I could tell you what to do with your share. It's just meant as an incentive. It means, we have to plan accordingly, in order to avoid situations, which would lead us into killing someone, we would have to use non-lethal means to take people out, which are in the way. We should aim for this to work out the way it is intended, instead of simply declaring it impossible. You don't think you can manage that? >
Ankle Biter
Shiver Sighs

<Sander, If you are going to behave like a petulant child every time things do not go your way then you need to seriously consider what is more important to you; The immediate gratification of more credit now, or the longer term goal of a clean rep.

I will kill without hesitation should the need arise, but in this situation even considering the taking of a life is beyond merely unprofessional, it is downright negligent. You talk of stepping up in a fight as though it is an inveitable consequence of our lifestyle, when in fact the only inevitable consequence of stepping up is the ending of the lifestyle I am working hard to maintain. I have no wish to spend my days being hunted by enfocers simply because you cannot understand the concept of restraint under fire.>
Mister Juan
As he got into back downstairs, Sander actually waited for everyone, and then spoke up, by passing the idle electronic communication network to use his own voice.

"I see your point, and it is a valid one." he said in a smooth tone to Felice, giving her a little wink and smile.

He then turned his attention toward Shiver. Slowly and deliberately, Sander took his shades off and hooked them in the collar of his shirt. A few steps later, he was rather up close and personal into the man's personal space... a mere few inches from his face. Looking him in the eye, Sander spoke with a serious and cold tone.

"If I was you, I'd put that attitude in check right now. You just folded like a sissy in front of a dragon. You showed weakness. Now, we are all respected professionals here, and I will not have your lackey bootlicking attitude affect our own rep."

Sander took a final step, getting very up close to Shiver.

"Next time you want to get cute, and disrespect me and this crew, you think twice about it. If you can't help it, I swear I'll straighten you up myself. Are we clear?"
Thanee
< You better stop that bickering right now, or do you think Perianwyr won't watch us on the way out!? Discuss that elsewhere, if you must! >

Felice ignores the two squabblers and graceful as always moves towards the exit of the club.

< Speaking of which... any idea where we should meet for further planning? >
Dranem
Reggie nearly bumps into Shiver as Clark gets into his face. Sidestepping the two Reg sighs... boys will be boys...
"Why don't you two take this outside, I don't want to be caught in the middle of a barfight." With orks for family, Reg has been in a middle of a lot of said disputes, and would rather not see it right now... not with the Peri looking them over through the 1 way glass.
"Let me know when the two of you are done your pissing match, meanwhile - as Felice pointed out - we need to figure out a nice quiet place to sit down and start planning this out."

Giving a breif pause to let the statement sink in, Reg continues.
"I'll be outside if you need me."
Reg heads out of the bar with Felice.
Ankle Biter
Shiver thinks to himself, "this guy is just psycho enough to kick off in a Johnson's bar"

"Let's find somewhere calmer to talk about this, as our esteemed colleagues said this is not the place and time."
Ophis
Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown

"So you think you've found what I was looking for?"
"Yeah, might not be a perfect fit, but it'll do the job."
"Have you secured it yet?"
"Not yet."
"Start working on it, what we can do with the item will greatly increase our influence with the Council."
"There are other interested parties."
"We'll let them do the work then make our move."
"I get the unit ready."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor stands calmly towards the back of the group, and rolls his eyes at Clark and Shiver's arguement. <Look, we don't kill on this job, the end. Here isn't the place or the time to bicker- unless you'd prefer to have a smack off your mummies and told to run along and behave? C'mon, let's get a move on guys.> His eyes are like hawks' eyes, scanning the club as best he can for anything up.
Mister Juan
Sander kept his ground for a few seconds, making sure he got his point across. In the mob, saying and doing things like that would have been an assured death sentences. Yes, you could kill people and knife them in the back. But one thing you never did was show weakness and disrespect others. That.... got you at least a good whooping if the rest of the mademen liked you.

"Alright. Let's go."
Ankle Biter
Shiver thinks to himself that he and Sander seem to be on different planets, in the circles Shiver moves in disrespecting a dragon was seen as foolish to the extreme, yet not only did Sander skirt the edge of threatening Perianwyr, he seemed genuinley upset that Shiver had tried to calm the situation. This needed sorting out, but not here and not now.

Shiver steps back, then around Sander on the way out he comms...

<My suggestions are either to locate and occupy a squat near to where the tourbus is due to arrive, or to go our seperate ways and handle the planning by telepresence, perhaps on a secure bulletin board. The first suggestion offers high electronic security, conncurrent with high risk to the mission should we be discovered, the second offers reduced security but less risk to the mission provided as simple cypher is arranged. Questions? Comments?>
Dranem
Reggie is standing by Felice talking idly as they wait for the others to come out.
At Shiver's message the elf visibly shrugs.
<"Either works for me, the first stretch of legwork will be mostly VR for me. All depends on how chummy you all wanna get.">

Reg grins, humour often works in tense situations.. and it's gotten pretty tense this past half hour. Reggie still wasn't sure that this 'Morgan' was really a dragon, the elf just didn't have the mojo to tell if that was the truth. The mages seemed to react appropriately to the whole situation.....
It didn't really matter, as long as Morgan's money was good, and that the job was real - nothing worse than vapor jobs: Deals that J's make just to test the runners where the objective of the goal wasn't even there.

<"Though it would be rather uncivilized - not to mention dangerous for me to just plop down here and start meshing with the grid. We can either come up with a location, say a secure flop, or just hit our squats and do work from there - as Shiver mentioned.">
Thanee
< I would prefer, if we set up a secure location somewhere. Anyone got something? Otherwise that would make a good start, to go looking for one. >
Tattered~Seraphim
<If need be, I have somewhere we could go for this evening until we sort somewhere else out. My place. Haven't been there long yet so should be fine for now.>
Moonwolf
Hmm, Clark appears to be a madman, finding out what makes him tick seems vital now. <Certainly, that seems better than standing here glowering at each other.> Eury watches the others to see how they are going to keep acting.
Dranem
Reggie nods at the various comments.
<"Alastor suggestion sounds as good as any, I share a small flat with 2 orks, I'd doubt we'd get much peace there...">
The elf grins, obviously some private joke about rambunctious brothers...

<"So.... This place of yours far? We should be moving before gathering too much attention.">
Reg looks around, a touch nervous, once again the elf was not dressed for the bar scene and felt a bit out of place. At this hour, there aren't many courier drivers on the roads, not fitting in with the local nightlife could have some 'implications'.
Tattered~Seraphim
<Not too far at all- we're even in the right sector.> Alastor grins. <Everyone up for that?>
Ankle Biter
<Sure, it's as good a plan as any. I'd offer my spare place, but it's in totally the wrong sector.>
Tattered~Seraphim
<Right then, that looks settled. Let's move.> Alastor starts heading towards the door, making sure that everyone is coming with him.
Thanee
While moving out of the exquisite club together with the others, Felice continues the quick exchange on their private messanging network.

< Good. Lead the way, then. We can discuss anything further there. >
Dranem
Reggie's bike starts up as the elf approaches it... hopping on to the vehicle with practiced ease, Reg waits for Alastor to show the way. Reg pulls up alongside Felice, revving the engine a bit then letting it idle, the elf looks among the team slowly assembling.
<"Anyone need a ride this time?">
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor grins as he grabs his helmet from his bike and puts it on. As he climbs onto the bike, he sends everyone an address to head towards, that gives the block of apartments to head to. <Just follow me. It's not too far away, and there's a car park for the apartments.> He revs the engine, and waits for everyone to get ready to be off.
Thanee
While she is mounting her Suzuki, Felice shakes her head in Reg's direction, obviously she is not in need for a ride.
Ankle Biter
Shiver also seems to have picked up a vehicle somewhere, a fairly stripped down dirt bike. He kick starts it then awaits Alastor's lead.
Moonwolf
<Thank you Reggie, that would be most appreciated.> Eury climbs on the back of the bike, ready to go to Alastor's safehouse.
Dranem
Reg picks up the address that Alastor broascasts and shifts forwards in the seat slightly to allow Eury to settle himself in. Once satisfied that the duo were balanced, Reg brings the bike around to play 'follow the leader' as they move off to the place to plan their run.
Reg pulls up alongside Shiver scanning his latest acquisition.. It would probably be useless to yell over the clattering of the engines, so Reg uses the comm system instead. <"Shiver, if you had wanted some wheels I probably could have gotten you something better than that... your bike sounds a little off, if we're making a run on the road, bring it to me and I'll about retuning her for you.">
Ophis
Clark nods, "Give me the address, I'll follow along."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods, and sends Clark the address that he had sent the others. <Either follow me, or split and meet up again by the car park, your choices, guys.> With that, he slides the vizor on his helmet down, revs the engine, and pulls out of the club's car park, heading for his apartment.

OOC: Ophis, you want to do the journey description, if you have anything in mind to happen? Or me?
Ophis
whether you follow Alastor or take your own route makes little difference to the nature of the journey as you get further from Weekday Eclipse the buildings shift from bars to homes and the rent clearly drops, not through the floor but from young manager territory to graduates first flat after college territory. The journey takes about ten minutes and apart from engine noise is peaceful.

You gather in the carpark of a fairly decent looking apartment blocks. Clark's car puls up last and stops neatly in a vacant space across the parking lot. He opens the door and climbs out, he grins as he reaches you and looks at Alastor, "No wonder you want to take my cred, you want to be able to afford a house we character." A slime briefly flashes and then is gone.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor grins at Clark's reply, the other runner's words on the mark. <Right guys, follow me,> he says, leading the group towards the doors to the apartments. He leads them up the stairs a few floors, and out onto a corridor, before stopping at one of the doors. "Sorry but some of us might need to make do with cushions on the floor- I only moved in recently." He turns the key, and pushes open the door, gesturing for everyone to head in, guiding people into the living room, which is of a pleasant size. It's still quite sparsely furnished, with just a 2 seater sofa and a 3 seater sofa angled in front of a trideo system forming the main focus of the room. On the way in, he'd made sure that the door was securely locked and the curtains were closed in the living room.
"Right, down to business."
Thanee
“Nice flat.” Felice says, as she heads in to secure a place on the smaller sofa.
Ankle Biter
"Indeed" says Shiver, "Would you mind if I did an astral sweep, before we talk shop, though?"
Tattered~Seraphim
"Sure thing. Can't do it myself."
Ankle Biter
Shiver turns to Eury
"If you would be so good as to throw some spell defence my way, I'll make a start"

Without awaiting a response Shiver sits in a corner of the room, ignoring the chairs, and leans his back against the wall. His hands take up a defensive position weaving invisible runes as he prepares to take his first look into astral space of the flat...
Ophis
Clark walks in last, at the entrance to the living room he stops sniffs the air and shakes his head. He grabs himself a place on the end of the three seater with a good view of the room and it's exits.
Ankle Biter
Shiver's eyes glaze over as his head moves side to side. An expression of concentration crosses his face.

"Nothing immediate, I'm stepping out for a closer look"

Shiver remains sealed and stretches his legs in front of him, then leans back into the corner and steps out of his body.
Moonwolf
Eury keeps a careful watch on Shiver's still body, shifting his perceptions to somewhere else. He then focuses slightly, scraping together astral flotsam and embuing it with life, however shortly. {Keep watch around here, if anyone else enters the space within this house, let me know.} "I'm giving us some more persistant overwatch as well."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor leans his back against the mantlepiece, his arms folded, as he watches Eury and Shiver do their magical work. I thought that this was just going to be a quick scan... he thinks to himself, a slender, white eyebrow raised, before he releases a breath that's half a sigh, half a quiet laugh.
Ankle Biter
On a plane not visible to the mundanes Shiver nods to Eury as he meticulously checks the area for traces of astral influence. Everybody in the team had a job to do and he was damned if he was going to be the weak link. He paused to watch Eury's summoning, it was always interesting seeing another mage work from the astral plane, and anyway he needed to eliminate the astral signature of the summoning, no matter how small, from the other tiny influences on the place in order to get a full picture.
Ankle Biter
Shiver's body moves seamlessy from deathly stillness to animation. Straightening he nods to Alastor.

"Place is clear. Without warding you can't be 100% certain, but that in itself attracts attention."

Shiver finds a seat, and sits down.
Tattered~Seraphim
"Good. Security's one of those things that I'm intending to improve as soon as possible. Everyone ready now?" He looks over at Eury, to see if he's done yet.
Ophis
"Okay people, I see three routes of attack here," says Clark, "The hotel, the tour bus or the concert itself."
Thanee
“The concert is too risky. Too many people, and no way to get a second chance to secure the target, if things don't go our way. I think we should concentrate on the tour bus and make a backup plan for the hotel.”
Ankle Biter
One thing I will say that may be of interest to the group is that Perianwyr can read surface thoughts and use something that seems a lot like dragonspeech. The extent of his powers beyond that I do not know, but I can say with fair certainty that he is not a normal humanoid.

The "no deaths to the band" proviso takes some of the less subtle ways of stopping the tourbus out, but by my reckoning it seems to be the weakest link. The problem is that out on the street a snatch and grab can get a lot of attention from local enforcers.
Ankle Biter
Shiver thinks for a second.

"Forgive my lack of knowledge of the modern music scene, but do we actually know they have a tourbus, and are not just going to turn up at the airport?"
Dranem
"That's what I'm going to find out." pipes up Reggie who'd been quietly thinking on the couch since they got in, the elf seems quite comfortable in the sparse surroundings.
"If I can sort out their travel route, then we can plan accordingly... now if they're smart, they've probably booked 2 or 3 routes, just to confuse groupies and any fans who may want to stalk them. We just need to figure out they're actual route.
If we can get them before they reach Denver, it'll make our job so much easier."

Reggie slumps down a bit in the seat, getting more comfortable. "I'm going to mesh full VR, so if you need something, page me, I'll be monitoring comm traffic from the team."
The elf waits for a moment to see if there are any last comments before leaving the meat for the virtual world.
Moonwolf
"Well, unless they're landing with all their stuff on top of the hotel, they have to travel on the ground at some point. It may not be a tour bus, but it's something. I could check out the hotel tomorrow, see how secure it all is. It may be a weaker link than doing a grab on the road." Eury watches the others to see what they think of that plan.
Ankle Biter
Shiver turns to Eury;

"Do you intend to go astrally or physically?"
Moonwolf
"Physically, get a feel of the layout, the security, and so forth. Don't worry, my ID will hold up for it."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012