Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Icy Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Dranem
Reg keeps her tone low and moderate, so that the conversation doesn't drift far from the table. "I already have access to the inside, the fire door sounds the most feasible to me... With a short forewarning, I can access the camera systems and door locks....
But what we want is access to a car, not the building, correct?"
Tattered~Seraphim
Having listened carefully to the options and ideas, Alastor speaks up, his voice quiet and serious, his expression neutral. "The security is pretty poor from that information. We just really need to have control of the cameras, and it shouldn't be too much of a problem to deal with the security guards. Although they cannot be underestimated. We go for the carpark route of getting in, and we can pick up the car on the way in."
Thanee
“Well, the car is in the building, so we need both. Camera access sounds good.”
Dranem
Reg smiles, and nods. "I guess I have my work cut out for me then, I have root access already, shouldn't be to hard from there, just a matter of when."
Thanee
“Well, it makes sense to get the car not too long before we actually need it. Less time for them to go search for their missing baby.”
Tattered~Seraphim
"Absolutely". Alastor's calm expression is poker straight as the waiter comes to take their food orders. He had picked whilst choosing from the wine list, so quickly gave his order calmly an confidently.
Ophis
Clarke orders last, and as the waiter leaves says, "So we hit the carpark move from there. I'm glad we've decided that. Reggie can you get us layouts? Once we have those we can plan how to move in. I can get hold of a suitable dispenser for gas to put in the cars, and some knock out gas to go with it. Anything else we need?"
Thanee
“Reggie should be on their phone line a few hours before the plane lands, to intercept incoming calls from them. We go in no more than an hour before, get the car, move out, rig it with the gas dispenser, and go to fetch the client. Does that sound ok for you?”
Tattered~Seraphim
"Sounds good to me."
Dranem
Reg had ordered some sort of chicken and pasta dish, at least that's what the menu had described it being...

When the waiter leaves earshot, she gets back down to business. "It's not like I can just tap a phone line.. intercepting wireless signals as they bounce between towers is tricky enough to trace... I can't guarantee I can control much more than the car itself. I'll check the dispatch logs, they'll most likely have already booked the vehicle, I just need to find out which one, which should make our job that much faster to do."
Reg looks pensive, her vision distant. "Building layout isn't an issue, I can probably get you the plans before we leave the restaurant."
Thanee
“Very good. That will be useful. Anything else we can do during the next couple days, before we start this?”
Ophis
"Don't look like it," says Clarke, "Lets eat, we can each study the plans we got, I'll get some knock out gas and a dispenser, we can meet and the address I'm sending you on the day, about seven AM, to prepare for our move."
Thanee
“Alright. Enjoy your meal then!”
Ophis
You can eat the excellent food and drink the excellent wine, you can even make small talk about a few things. Of course the best thing is that Perianwyr is paying for all of this. Once you're finished eating (and drinking), Clarke says, "I'll send you the address and exact time for our business breakfast tomorrow, we can go over the final details before we go in."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods, having taken all of the details into account. "Of course." He looks round at the rest of the team, and nods. "Gentlemen, Ladies. It was good having business with you. Good evening." He stands, and shakes everyone's hand, his demeanour that of a cool, collected businessman. That done, he looks at Reggie. "Milady?" he says, offering her his arm. "I was wondering whether you would care to join me for a few drinks?"
Thanee
“See Ya'll tomorrow then. Bye!”

Felice picks up her bag and heads out, getting her gun back at the entrance, which quickly vanishes into the concealed holster. Since the night is still young, she gets a taxi to drive home, where she loses her biz suit and dresses up more appropriately for some nightlife fun.
Moonwolf
"That all seems fine to me. This is looking scarily like a cakewalk, remember what happens to the best laid plans, I'll be sure to have backup on call." Eury stands up. "Who's covering the tip then?"
Ophis
Clarke grins, "Our employer naturally. I'll see you guys soon." with a wink Clarke leaves, pausing only to thank the head waiter near the door.
Dranem
Reg is rather quiet during the meal. Partially as she wasn't used to the setting... this posh restaurant, the new snug clothes, and still unsure how much of herself she should reveal to the running team. The other part Reg spent looking for the data that they would need to pull off the heist. Building plans, vehicle schematics, security specifications from the system she'd combed through on her dip into their host.
This wasn't her dad's smuggling group or contacts. Still she was starting to feel she could trust one or two of them... at least for being able to cover her back if things were to go wrong - there was always a chance at that.

When the evening seemed to come to a close, Reg figured the whole scene had come to pass.. the business dress would find some nice nook in the closet... then Alastor offered an extended evening with a few drinks.
Reg blushed, both from the unexpectedness of the question and from the sudden interest this attractive man had for her. She looked down for a moment, hiding her blush (which probably made it more pronounced) to think of a proper answer - not to mention a moment to compose the scene to make sure she'd heard right. When she looked up his arm was still there and he was expecting an answer.
Reg tried her best genuine smile as she gently took the arm. "I'd love to."

She then looked around the table and said her fairwells. "I'll have the data you need in the morning Clarke." and stood up.
Ophis
8:22 am
June 16th, 2070
The Buddy's Bar and Grill
UCAS sector
Denver

It's looking like a beautiful day, you're sat around a table in a deserted diner, with what the AR assures you is authentic 1950's decore. A holo image of a geekiy young man in thick rimmed glasses beams at you over the counter. You're all serving yourselves as it's so deserted there aren't any staff.

Clarke pours himself another coffee and eats his fifth slice of toast. "The way I see it, we head over in about an hour, watch the place for a while. Then Reggie waves his or her magic wand and we walk in via the parking garage. Alastor takes point. Felice on his shoulder. Then Eury, Reggie and Shiver who keeps an eye on the rear where I play rearguard. We hit every one with gel until they're down then we use these, he throws a pack of Tranq patches onto the table. I also have a selection of guns loaded with gel to replace our normal ones, we abandon them on pull out. We go in masked. Once the place is ours, we modify the Limos dress me a Felice up as chauffeurs. Do the pick gas the band, take the guitar and abandon the limos at the company office. We then walk off and go see the wizwyrm for our cred."

Tattered~Seraphim
As Clark describes the outlines of the run, Alastor nods in understanding of his role in the run. In a stark contrast to the sleek, cultured young businessman from the other night at the restaurant, he's back in his usual Running gear and lounging comfortably on the bright red leather seating. As the group listen to Clark's briefing, Alastor tucks into a hearty full English style breakfast, the plate piled with bacon, sausage, toast, baked beans, a large mug of tea steaming at the side. "I get ya. Sounds like a plan."
Dranem
Reg sits down at the table. A cup of soycaf in one hand, a plate with some sort of egg & bacon on an english muffin sandwich in the other.

Reg is back to the old gender neutral running gear, looking much like a mechanic that's just come out of shop for a meal: A brown urban explorer jumpsuit over a black top, tool belt and worn boots. The transitional lenses are a smoke gray in the early morning sun. With an unkept hairstyle, it's rather difficult for the casual observer to discern age or gender of this elf.

Reg idly munches at the sandwich while listening to Clarke's plans, a heist in daylight is going to be tricky, but not impossible. It would have been better if the band had a late night flight, but time is of the essence, and nabbing the car last night would have rung too many bells. They need this timed as close to the arrival of the band as possible. Reg's job is about to go center-stage and the elf mentally prepares for the upcoming event.
"I'm good to go."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor glances over at Reggie as she gives the go ahead that she was ready to go. He grins privately to himself, mildly amused at the enormous change in her from how she'd been last night, back to her usual androgyneity.
Thanee
Felice orders just a coffee.

“Works for me,” the woman says when Clarke is finished laying out the plans. “What models did you get? And why do you want to throw them away? Seems like a bit of a waste to me.”
Tattered~Seraphim
"Less chance of us guys getting identified. For example there's no way that I'm going in blazing with my usual dual pistols and a sword strapped to my back like someone from a trid game." He grins, barking a laugh, his longer and more fangy than the norm canines making him appear somewhat wolfish.
Ophis
"Pistols are Pred fours, smgs are HK227s, all smarted, all skinlinked, I'm sure Reggie can make sure that there are no electronic traces of us on them."
Thanee
“Sounds good. I just don't get how leaving them behind is better than taking them with us, or dumping them somewhere else.”
Dranem
Reg gives a side-long smile to Alastor's comment. The choice of the elf's dress was done on purpose for this exact reason. Any casual passerby would just see Reg as some black-haired elf with no discernable traits. This will make her job so much easier should she need to access any electronics, and for the later work on the cars. They may be taking out the cameras and the guards, but at this time of day, there's still the chance that a casual passerby may spot them. She even left her signature brown leather coat of her father's as the logos and colours could be recognized by someone.

When Clarke mentions tracing of the weapons. "Provided you have thin gloves, they'll be as clean as a whistle should we need to ditch the ordinance." Reg had even gone through the expense of buying a new set of the tools she'd need today and made sure they were clean of any fingerprints should any of the items get dropped or left behind in haste.
Ophis
"We dump the weapons where ever seems convenient really. Since we appear to sorted shall we all eat up, suit up and get ready to go?"
Thanee
“Alright, alright. Let's get this on, finally.”

When they are ready, Felice closes her leather jacket, hiding the pistol underneath. Her whole dress consists of black leathers now, suitable for biking, or shadowrunning, together with a matching helmet, which she just carries in her hand for now. She also has a black backpack, wherein the SMG is hidden and a set of fitting clothes, in case they do not find a suitable driver's uniform in there.
Ophis
9:36 a.m.
June 16th, 2070
Smooth Ride Limo Company
UCAS Sector
Denver

You know that scene in the sims? Where the bad-ass Runner team, do a run with style and grace? Yeah? Well it's a bit like that. Reggie reaches out and the system starts dancing to your tune, then the whole gang of you waltz in. Up in the lift and your into the lion's den. It's all looking good until just like in the sims the hacker bumps something she shouldn't and one of the guards wanders over to ID the intruder. Before he can say a thing he realises there's this hand on his shoulder, he turns to see Clarke's grinning face, never noticing the stun tranq on his neck. He collapses, knowing your cover is blown you fly into action, silenced shots take down the rest of the staff in under five seconds, the only real damage being a scolded leg on the other guard who never even looked up from his coffee.

9:38 a.m.

Clarke looks around, "Well I think we have control of the situation, does someone want to look for uniforms? This guy seems to be my size. Though that guy is only good for Felice if she wants to drive in shorts."
Thanee
“Well, I know why I brought my own clothes... hopefully I can make something out of this whole bunch.”

Felice picks up the available uniform and checks what can be done to make herself a believable outfit.
Dranem
June 16th, 2070
Smooth Ride Limo Company
Denver - UCAS Sector

As the team enters the building Reg reaches out and activates the mole. The security cameras run a predefined series of loops as the back door clicks open. She seems to succeed in manipulating system so that doesn't alert anyone as the team enters the building. Reg uploads data to the secure channel the team shares so that they can find the quickest safe route towards the staff lounge. It takes some effort to keep the system in check, as well as use the sensors to their advantage: Uploading sensor data to those of the team using HUDs. As the primary in the group, Reg is glad her talents don't leave behind a commcode trace.. only a faint echo which soon starts to fade as they pass.

Unfortunately Reg is a little too distracted and isn't quite playing the mouse part well in this game of cat and mouse. An object not in her map catches the elf off-guard and she bumps into it. One of the red blips on her HUD, starts moving towards them. "Sheit" she whispers, "Company."
The team immediately kicks into gear... it's enough to take your breath away. In fact Reg doesn't think she starts breathing again till the staff room had been secured, everything happened so fast. Still the team kept their cool and worked like the professionals they are. If they weren't on the clock in hostile territory, this could even be fun...

Reg looks around at the mess before moving towards the garage door. "I'll get started on the cars."
Tattered~Seraphim
Once the staff room is secure, Alastor looks around more, on full guard should anyone else turn up. "Right, do either of you guys-" he says looking at Clark and Felice, "need me to pose as a bodyguard for the band? Or am I needed to stay here?" he asks, checking over his pistols again quickly.
Dranem
June 16th, 2070
Smooth Ride Limo Company - Vehicle Garage
Denver - UCAS Sector

Reg quickly scans the garage as she enters it. Letting out a fly-spy drone for visual and sound where the security camera blind spot behind the car is. Once the area seems secure, Reg pulls the tools out of her pocket and gets to work.

After disabling the master control override on the nav-dat, she gets to work on the canisters. In a few minutes the canisters are secure and spliced into AC rear ducks - so that only the passengers will get the knock-out gas. Everything is done with gloved hands, Reg does her best not to leave any evidence of her tampering behind. Reg feels like she's in one of these spy-sim flicks and wonders if the novelty ever wears off on experienced runners...

Reg communicates over the channel instead of talking - conversations have a chance to be overheard.
<Do you want these babies set up with a quick-release so we can eject the canisters once the job is done? Probably don't want them lying around, neh? I'll also need someone to keep watch wherever we decide I sit on overwatch.>
Tattered~Seraphim
Making sure that he's not too quick to reply, Alastor waits for a few moments for anyone else to reply first before offering to stay here as guard for Reggie.
Thanee
“Well, dunno. Guess it makes sense to dump them somewhere, once the party is over. By the way, this is an inhalation vector, right?”
Ophis
Clarke grins, "Obviously, no use attached to the air con otherwise. The Driver's compartment can be sealed off completely, so we stay nice and safe. I say leave them in, just make sure you leave no prints kid, that and wipe the camera files of our presence. Doesn't have to be subtle, just leave everything blank."

He finishes buttoning his jacket and suddenly is a picture of the average driver. "So Felice how do we want to handle the snatch? Everyone goes nighty-night. We park up, pop the windows. Give it a moment and grab the guitar? Then walk, set the auto-pilots to take the band to the hotel? or the barrens?"
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor frowns at Clark's last suggestion. "No, the band goes to the hotel. Just because we'll have the guitar by then doesn't mean that they have to be screwed over any further. Plus it's more professional looking, us just vanishing into the crowd." Icy blue eyes narrow.
Thanee
“Just making sure, that I have the right precautions against the gas.”

“Hotel, definitely. And if I remember correctly, our esteemed employer wanted noone to come to harm,” Felice reminds the others.

“Yes, we just go and fetch them. Should be a breeze.”
Dranem
<Well I'm done here then>
Reg cleans up her tools, using the fly spy's camera to make sure nothing is left behind.
<As for the video it's been recording several minutes of a nice quiet parking garage, there's no video evidence that we were even here - not even a blank>

Reg smiles as she arrives to the staff room. "The gas is set up so that they won't even hear a hiss. They'll be down for the count before they even figure out what's going on. We time this well, they will think it was just some cool high.... The cab is isolated in the system I tapped into, it won't touch the drivers."

Reg zips up her coat. "I have the master control disabled, we can drive a few blocks off course, get the goods, and have the band at the hotel without it ringing any sirens. Just don't go too far off the intended route, I can only spoof for so long before it triggers secondary alarms."
Ophis
Clarke nods agreement, "So we gas them pull off the route, find somewhere quiet, grab the guitar, get into our support vehicle and let the autopilot handle the rest?"
Thanee
Felice nods. “That's the plan, as far as I'm concerned.”
Ophis
Clarke nods, checking his watch, "Okay it's twenty past now, the band arrive at eleven, time to move."

He and Felice head downstairs, Shiver whispers a few words and a pair of spirits manifest in the office and start to patrol.

11.22am
16th June 2070
Denver International Aiport
UCAS sector Denver

The band get through customs a little behind schedule and spread between the two limos. Security guards and flunkies join them. As the cars pull away the band are already raiding the mini-bar. In the back of Felice's limo Kelly Malaise sits hugging a guitar case, with a far off look in her eyes.

12.38pm
16th June 2070
Denver Hilton
UCAS sector Denver

Jim Broadrib was having a boring day so far, he was dressed smartly, in the livery of his hotel, nodding politely to the guests as the came and went. If needed he would step forward to open the car doors and help people out. His AR display flashed, the band, that one his daughter loved was about to arrive. Bands were by far the worst, rude and boorish for a start. Not to mention the mess they made for his wife to clean up as head of room staff. The Limos pulled up and Jim slipped into his best work face. He reached for the handle of the door, and opened it, he was expecting odd smells, but not quite this one. Everyone inside was unconscious. A quick message called security as he shook a young "lady" dressed up like a hookers corpse, she snapped awake, even groggy she seemed to realise that something was wrong, "Its gone!" she howled.

12.42pm
16th June 2070
UCAS sector Denver

That's it your out! You have what you were after and you seem to be away clean. Still scatter you head to a park to rendezvous and from there to a bar so Clarke can make the call. Quick, clean, no kills, no traces... You just hope the dragon is happy.
Dranem
Once the limos leave, Reg sets herself up in an unused office.. well unused now that the employee that it belonged to was one of the unfortunates to be in the staff room at the time the team entered.

With physical overwatch set, the elf closes her eyes and focuses on full-Matrix work. This part of the job can't afford any distractions of the Real. A roto-drone hovers at a safe distance to make sure there's no unexpected incidents along the way. Reg follows the progress of the vehicles as they pick up the band and head back to the hotel.
At the pre-defined point, Reg takes over the GPS tracker, transmitting that the cars are stuck in heavy traffic - which is reported to the hotel's reservation system that they'll a little more late. Before the band can realize that they're taking an un-expected turn, the gas is released. Reg uses the passenger cameras and bio-sensors to make sure the whole band is down for the count before giving the drivers the Ok to stop and complete the job.

With the package secured, Reg leads the, now driver-less vehicles back on route before releasing GPS monitoring to Master Control. With the Nav now in control, the band will arrive at their destination without any more incidents.

Leaving is the reverse of getting in, those cameras still being spoofed are released as the remainder of the team quietly and casually exits the back door. Only once they've gotten a safe distance does the elf relax and smile. She heads to her bike a few blocks down and pats the roto-drone hovering above it.
Tattered~Seraphim
Having lingered in the background waiting to be called into action if need be, Alastor nods with relief once the job was done and Clark and Felice had made their get-aways from the limos. With that, he heads to the park, a dark figure on a black Mirage slipping through the streets like a panther.
Ophis
12.52pm
16th June 2070
Smooth Ride Limo Company
UCAS sector Denver

Officer Zhang looked around the office, paramedics were scattered around checking the staff, he ran over the details he'd got from the guard who'd called this in. He'd spotted someone, but his description was hazy he seemed unsure whether the intrudered had been a boy and girl.

The data specialist wandered over, "Sir, I've retrieved the vid feed and while I can find no tampering, it must have been tampered. It shows one of the guards shooting everyone, which can't be as they're armed with tasers. I'll transfer them over," she finished with a shrug.

Officer Zhang scowled nothing on the limos beyond a small alteration on the air con units, no sign of who did this, the bloody cameras in the limo showed the drivers who were currently being seen by the paramedics. He scanned the room one last time, mailed his requirements to the C.S.I. boys and walked out for a smoke kicking a desk as he went.

1.01pm
16th June 2070
Weekday Eclipse
UCAS sector Denver

You stride in, Perianwyr is sat on the dance floor, gently stretching his wings. He gives you a toothy grin as you enter. In a flicker his form is human, the neat hair and beard of Mr Morgan. "Please, choose a seat," he says gesturing round, clearly meaning you to take which ever you want, "now the remaining compensation was 40,000 nuyen.gif and its your's once I inspect the goods."
Dranem
16th June 2070
Weekday Eclipse
Denver - UCAS sector

As the team enters the room Reg is taken breathless by the sight of the dragon's true form. Such power, beauty and ferocity....
The elf relaxes somewhat when it assumes the form of Morgan and finds a seat next to Alastor.
The elf's taken suggestions into account and is wearing blue jeans, a blue v-neck tank-top with a gray racing jacket, and riding boots. There's even a slight hint of make-up to give Reg a more feminine appearance.

Reg waits for the package to be handed over and is eager to see the J's reaction.
Ophis
Perianwyr takes the guitar case and places in an adjacent table, seemingly impatient he has a little trouble with the lock, but gets the case open. He studies the contents and grins, a big childish grin. "Excellent," he says not looking up, "here's the balance of payment," he throws a credstick casually on to the table and Clarke snatches it up. For a moment more the dragon gazes at his prize, then he snaps out of it and turns to face you. "I offered you a retainer to keep you in my services, 1000 nuyen.gif per day for a minimum of twenty days. During that time I will have a task for you, that will be dangerous but pay well, the exact pay for that will be negotiated at the time, but will exceed 100 grand. This is an all or nothing deal, walk now or accept, tomorrow will be your first day."

Clarke whistles through his teeth, "One moment, sir." he studies the credstick and sorts out the money, "Okay 12000 nuyen.gif each for that little jaunt, and one twenty minimum for a second job seems a good starting point. I'm in if we all are."

Shiver accepts the cash transfer offered over the groups comms and after a breif pause nods his assent, "Count me in."
Moonwolf
"It certainly sounds like an intriguing offer to me. Count me in for this, I'd be a fool to turn it down." Eury accepts the money transfer calmly and waits for the others to speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012