Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Icy Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor notices that Reggie had chosen to sit next to him, and that she'd dressed in a more feminine manner. However, he does not let either fact affect him, and keeps his expression neutral. He calmly watches the guitar being handed over to the dragon to be put away presumably amongst the rest of his hoarde, and accepts the money transfer.

When Perianwyr decribes the retainer and the money for the second run for him. He mulls the offer over for a moment in his head, then nods. "Count me in as well."
Dranem
Reg watches as 'Morgan' eagerly takes the case and opens it... like a child with a new toy. The elf smiles and notes the share of booty. Not bad for a week's work

Reg can finally afford that new apartment.. now just a matter of breaking the news to her bros, arranging for the move, some new furniture.... the on-coming housewarming bash....
1,000 nuyen.gif ? Reg studies the J for a moment, such a deal is very tempting - but every Seattle Runner knew the old adage: Never make a deal with a dragon. Actually I guess I'm too late for those words of wisdom after the job we just pulled off...

Everyone seems to be in... "Is that 1k each? or for the team?" not that the elf wanted to sound greedy, just trying to sort out expectations.
Thanee
Dressed in loose-fitting linen pants and a matching jacket over her white halter cami, Felice sits on her chosen seat, watching the dragon and wondering whether it is true excitement, or something else, that motivates him. Failing miserably at this task, she concentrates on the spoken words for now and listens to the promised proposal.

“Seems like a deal to me.”
Ophis
"Each," says Perianwyr smiling, "hopefully enough to prevent any silly saying preventing you from taking an excellent opportunity."
Dranem
Reg nods to the dragon's response, a twinkle in her eye as she counts up the 'retainer'. Not to mention that it would be unhealthy to refuse.... He didn't say it, but Reg was sure the condition was there.

Reg nods again. "Sure, I'm in." This is sure going to be fun - provided it doesn't kill her in the process...
Ophis
"Excellent," says Perianwyr, "You can pick up each days money here, if you want to pick up a few days at once fine, feel free to do other work. But You. Drop. It. The moment I call. Are we clear?"
Thanee
“I'm fine with one job at a time, no need to make things complicated. And the pay is good for not working. I'll await your call then.”
Ophis
"Good, now if you'll excuse me I need to take this to a safe place. Then I need to work out exactly how Hendricks tuned it." Perianwyr nods, shuts the guitar case and heads towards a door near the bar with it. "The front door is open, feel free to head off at your own pace." With that he is gone.
Dranem
When 'Morgan' asked if all was clear Reg nods. "Clear as glass boss."

After he leaves he room Reg gives a puzzled look... "How would the way it was tuned change the importance of the instrument?" The something sparks an idea. "Say, did anyone pick up some sort of magic emanation from it?"

Reg read in some Shadowpost how 'attuned' music in a shamanic ritual could summon real nasty shit..... if this guitar could be used similarly....
"You don't think....?" Reg looks at the awakened in the group with a mixed look of worry and dread.
Dranem
June 30th 2070
Wheat Ridge Gardens
Denver - PCC District

Moving day....
Looking for new furniture proved to be more of a challenge than finding a new place in Denver, it even afforded the elf to be a little picky on amenities and security. Reg wanted an affordable place, but not something bordering on the slums... time to move up to something a little more comfortable.

Finally Reg settled on an apartment co-op in the Pueblo district. One of the last housing groups left not taken over by the corps. Reg was surprised that Coors encourages it's employees to live off-site (and preferably upwind) from the brewery and so private housing seems to be strong in the area. The co-op has everything Reg could imagine: a semi-maintained enclosed pool with hot-tub, an adequate gym, as well as good on-site security. All part of the housing fees - of course. The place was actually a little more expensive than Reg had first intended.. but once she add up costs, ends up being cheaper than a gym or club membership. When asked about profession, Reg listed mechanic, which seemed to please the building's super - leading the elf to wonder if she'd be enlisted for building maintenance from time to time. Being a co-op meant that much of the maintenance was run by tenants - to keep costs down. Helping keeping the community working and safe was the norm for the Underground, so Reg figured she'd fit right in here...

Reg arranged that the Leo's Furniture truck would show up on the day that she moved in.. Seeing as they offered a discount if she were to move the furniture up from the truck herself.
So Reg shows up with her meager belongings in a rented truck with two orks and Alastor in tow. Outside of a few boxes of clothes, several boxes of electronics, several crates of discs, chips, and media, a few boxes of nick-knacks, the bulk of Reg's new apartment came off of the Leo's truck - which conveniently arrived on hour after they did... right on schedule.
Reg had decided to leave the 2nd hand furniture she used at the garage behind and get entire new sets of bedroom, living room, and kitchen ware. Reg had gone for some fair quality goods... thanks to the Dragon's ample retainer fee.
The decor was neutral and the furniture sturdy, making it look almost as if Reg was moving in as a couple rather than by herself. Not that Reg's small frame needed large oversized furniture, but growing up with Orks... Reg spends more time directing where boxes and items will go than carrying things herself, not that Reg can't handle the bulk, but not directing George and Dave would mean that things would end up wherever, and Reg didn't want to play hide-and-seek later on.
Ophis
2.37pm
8th July
Denver

Twenty-two days, twenty two thousand nuyen. Easy money, you're just getting used to the easy life it's just starting to feel like it could go on forever. The only bad thing has been the weather, for the last two days the heavens have been open and the gods have gifted Denver with water, a full year's rain in two days and more to come. The people move around quickly, the crowds are gone from the streets. The authorities are even talking about closing down the airports. Then it happens the call comes in. Morgan's voice, calm and clipped quick to the point no time for you to reply. All business, none of the fun you've sensed before.

"Come to the Lone Eagle bar, in the Sioux. Cut all communications once I've hung up. Be there by six tonight. Use subtle methods to cross the border. Do not get traced. Tell only those who you need to get to the meet. Bring the tools you need for the job."

Then the line goes dead.
Thanee
14:37:30, July 8th, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Felice

Felice is cruising along the streets in the UCAS Sector. Her leathers are doing a lousy job at keeping the rain away, as she slowly closes in to her destination.

I'll need a shower now.

She ponders sending a quick message to her teammates, but the lizard had said to cut all communications. Did that mean everyone had to come there alone?

With that thought still in mind, Felice arrives at her flat. The first thing after stripping down and hanging her soaked clothes on a rack for drying, is to hop under the shower.

17:00:00, July 8th, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Felice

The black PVC catsuit is usually for clubbing, but has the added benefit of being rather water-proof, so Felice has chosen it for the night. She has her black biking leather-jacket on top, matching boots on her feet, and the messenger bag she likes to carry with her contains some useful tools of the trade, the interior wrapped into an airtight plastic storage bag.

Felice takes a cab to a clothes vendor near the border, from where she can get to the other side with not too much hassle, hopefully.

As she approaches the wall seperating the two sectors, Felice looks for a spot with enough cracks to climb, or even better, where she can simply walk through.
Dranem
14:37:40, July 8th 2070
Wheat Ridge Gardens
Denver - PCC District

Reg watched the rain come down in sheets on the pool room roof. This rain was cutting into mechanical work at the garage, and the elf decided to stay home instead of dealing with two grumpy bored orks.
She was running a circuit with the elliptical trainer when the dragon's message came through. Not many coded voice messages came through on her private account, so Reg accepted it immediately, it had to be important. Reg was glad she was the only one in the work-out room cause her reaction probably would of spurned a few questioning glances.

By the time Reg had grabbed a towel and started heading for her apartment she'd gathered some measure of composure, she half-jogged up the flights of stairs and down the hall to her suite. I need a shower, but it's almost not worth it if I have to go out in that! Why today?!

17:00:00, July 8th, 2070
Interstate 76
Denver - PCC District

The rain pouring down on Reg's helmet and polyurethane rain suit felt like the heavens were falling down on her. She glanced over at the quiet campus of Regis College slide by, no students were lounging on the college green today. See even college students have a mind to keep out of this weather... The dragon said come in packing for work, so she toughed the deluge and rode on.

She was thankful for the reinforcement of the urban explorer jumpsuit or the elf may not have been able to tolerate the pelting of the droplets - even at this reduced speed. Traffic was going slow, due to wet road conditions, hell the road looked like a shallow lake, and Reg was all too aware of what hydroplaning would do to her.
So she took it easy, following the I-76 and taking the route 85 exit. The border guards were grumpy and rushed, not wanting to leave their booths.
"Look this weather's slowed me down enough as it is" Reg pleaded
Spotting the courier bag, the guard responded.
"Yeah, Yeah, get outta here before I have to get up and push you through."
She overheard the guard as she passed through laughing heartily with his buddies "Man I'd hate to have that job in weather like this, I feel sorry for the 'em."
"Man I'm surprised that engine ain't flooded yet." The man beside him remarked.
"I'm surprised I haven't seen a boat today!" another replied.

So Reg was pushed her through with the rest of the business traffic as quickly as possible.
Reg was glad for the bag's lining - not only was it weatherproof, but it was hard to scan (privacy measures and all for diplomatic packages). It also had all her tools and roto-drone... which surely would have delayed her had they decided to poke through the contents - which of course would have meant coming out into the rain.

Once through the border crossing, Reg made a bee line for the Lone Eagle. I might have a few minutes to spare... The elf wondered how the rest of the team was doing getting here... she'd had wanted to drop Alastor a line, but Morgan said to cut all communications - the elf didn't want to risk the dragon's anger for breaking protocol.
Tattered~Seraphim
14:37, July 8th 2070
Denver, UCAS Sector:

The sword's blade sliced neatly through the air in the rhythmic, fluid steps of a kata, moving from one form to the next elegantly, the style clearly a more sedate, less feral form of the wielder's normal fighting technique. The room was silent except for the soft sounds of focused breathing and gentle movements of clothing rustling, soft footsteps, and steel cutting the air. this was all interrupted however, when the call came. The call was short, sharp and to the point, and once 'Mr Morgan' had hung up, Alastor carried back on with his work-out.

15.00:

Finished with his training, Alastor resheathed his sword, moped the thin layer of sweat from his brow, and headed for a shower, the events of the last three weeks going through his head. In particular, the one regarding his suprise test from Morning Rain. He grinned, having ended up thoroughly enjoying himself despite his state of awe and disbelief.

The steady flow of water thankfully drowned out the sound of the shower outside, the water indoors thankfully warmer than it was out. Going out in it this evening wasn't going to be fun. It kind of reminded him of the rain back in England when he was young. Cold, miserable, and permeated everything down to your bones. It was at times like this that he wished that he was gifted with mage abilities rather than being an adept, because then the rain might pose less trouble for him. But times like that were rare.

17.00:

A sleek, black Mirage prowled carefully and slowly through the streets of Denver, heading from the UCAS Sector to the Sioux, the black-clad rider somewhat soaked but thankfully protected somewhat by the leather garb worn and the helmet covering his head. Alastor was taking his usual route through to the Sioux Sector, an area he was pretty familiar with due to the social circles he kept, his equipment, including a brand new armoured jacket, encased safely away from the rain in the under saddle storage compartment, the old one now somewhat weathered thanks to having been attacked with giant bug acid. Once Alastor was over the border safely, he started heading for the Lone Eagle to meet with the dragon.
Moonwolf
14:37, 8/7/2070
Denver, Pueblo Sector

After getting the rather abrupt call, Eury gathers up the books he was reading from. Ah well, leisure time is over again. Time to get moving, the rain isn't going away any time soon. If it wasn't for Ghostwalker being there, I'd be certain that this was magically induced. Eury goes and gathers up his waterproofs, preparing to brave the weather. Only have to make it to the station, then it's dry for a bit. Ah well. Eury then moves off to the nearest train station, buying his ticket en route.

16:13

Eury moves quietly and comfortably through the station, his commlink presenting him to be Hugh Outterridge. "Terrible weather we're having.", he remarks to the bored looking Zone security officer at the turnstyles. "Downside to freelancing, you have to take jobs any time, even when it's doing this. Ah well, still better than being stuck in a lab all day, if you ask me." Eury then waits for his train, and glides across the border in safety and, if not comfort, something resembling comfort from a distance. Getting out at the other end, he walks swiftly through the rain to the Lone Eagle.
Ophis
8/7/2070
The Lone Eagle Bar
Sioux Sector Denver

Over a period of about twenty minutes the whole team arrives. The rain still pours down outside and other than the barman the place is deserted. With the weather and the ambiance here you're hardly surprised. The synthol is nothing to right home about either...

Morgan strides through the door and folds up his umbrella, walking towards the table with a manner that seems almost nervous. As he arrives he gestures in the direction of the bar. The bartender crumples like a puppet having it's strings cut.

"Ah, privacy. I trust you all had relatively little trouble getting here? Good, The job is a break and enter, to steal a specific item and deliver to an address I specify, it goes off tonight, and you walk away with two hundred thousand between you?"

Clarke grins, "Call it three sixty and we'll agree to it before you give us more details."

Morgan glances round judging reactions from each of you.

Thanee
Felice has hung-up her leather jacket on a chair, hoping for the water to drop off while they talk here. A quite pointless hope, considering it will get soaked again shortly thereafter.

As Perianwyr makes his proposal, Felice is quite pleased with the mentioned sum. Obviously, this won't be an easy task, but that's how things were in the shadows. Of course, more is always better, and a Johnson rarely pulls out a full hand right away.
Tattered~Seraphim
Along with the retainer they'd been receiving, the two hundred grand Perianwyr offers at first is a pretty decent amount. Clark's initial launch into negotiations was very, very bold, considering the fact that their Johnson was a dragon. That move, whilst standard for Runners, could end in either of two results when dealing with a dragon- he could get eaten or the dragon would praise him even more.

Alastor's expression remains cool, relatively poker-face as he mulls over the offer and Clark's confidant reply, admiring him for his daring but erring on the better side of caution, and doesn't favour either result for the moment, until he saw how the next few moments went.
Dranem
18:00, July 8, 2070
The Lone Eagle Bar
Denver: Sioux Sector

After having shed as much outside clothing to dry as Reg dared in a place like this, she was glad to see the rest of the team slowly assembling. Reg was sipping at a Long Island when Morgan came in, the drink wasn't the best the elf had tasted, but gave her something to do. Reg jealously glanced at how dry he looked compared to most of the team.

Reg's senses suddenly peaked to alertness when the dude behind the bar suddenly collapsed. Magic made her jumpy, made her realize how vulnerable she was... no amount of armour could repell THAT...
Reg shook the thought and concentrated on Morgan's offer, the dragon was all business today, and the immediacy of his request probably meant he'd tried another venue first. That or he'd been planning this all along, and just wanted the team sharp ready, but mouldable. Without clear intel, there wouldn't be much time to plan or think things over - which probably meant the target was a hot item. Clarke's opening rebuttal seemed bold, but Reg had learned to expect that style from him.
Would be pretty stupid of me to back out at this point, the offer is most likely a formality. The elf wasn't about to get cold feet now, and nodded consent that she was still in.
Ophis
Shiver pauses for a moment, thinking things through. Then with a grin he nods enthusiastically.
Moonwolf
"Since this is largely a formality anyway, I mean, if an independent worker would turn down B&E then they'd be refusing the bread and butter of our work, I think the major worries would have to be the level of detail you can give us about the target, and the likeliest risk sources." Eury then turns slightly, "Reggie, can you clean the security recordings for in here, the barkeeper might get a touch confused by the fact that he was out cold for a while on them."
Dranem
Reg gives Eury a nod and scans the room.. Does a dive like this even have that scale of a security system? Using both eyes and radio to look for any camera sources.
"I'm on it."
Ophis
"Don't worry overly about the barman," Morgan says with a grin, "I'll look after him. Well if you are agreed to take the job on so little details I'll be happy to pay you the three hundred grand you want."
Morgan reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a commlink, carefully sliding it onto the table. "This should contain everything you need, including schematics of the building. The place is deserted at the moment, but the security system is top quality. I don't care how you get in or out, just that you do it as quickly and quietly as possible, tonight. I'm after one object only. A divination Focus. It's about ten inches across. There is a picture on the comm, but a fair description would crystal ball, with a large tiger's opal at the center. Once you have the item. You take it to the address listed on the comm, where a second team will be waiting for you. I'll just need you to decide on a pass phrase for them to use to confirm identity, question and answer if you would."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods, part of his mind already setting to work to think of what features the security would have in place, even before he knew the place, warming his mind up for the job ahead. A divination focus, eh? Interesting target indeed. He nods, and leans back in his seat.
Dranem
Another team, eh? Boy the dragon's really trying to remove himself from this process... Reg decides to let the others mull over the catch phrase and starts reaching for the commlink, pausing a moment to make sure that no-one objects.
"I have a holo-projector handy that'll show the details for the group.."
Thanee
“Sounds like this will be a little more difficult than the last one... and time is short. We should really start with the planning then, right?�
Ophis
Morgan grins, "Excellent, I'll leave you to work. Try to stay low profile, this is a valuable item you're taking. Call me if, and only if you run into serious problems. I will cover any expenses you need, get receipts. God luck my friends."

He stands and turns towards the door, pausing in case you have further comments to make.
Dranem
Reg nods to Thanee as the elf picks up the commlink, scanning it quickly as she does. "I'll share this intel soon as we're in a safe spot, who's hosting the party tonight?" Reg grins.
Ophis
Clarke raises an eyebrow, "The job is in this sector, none of us live here. Time to pick another bar?"
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods. "I know a few places that should be safe enough to chat in round here."
Thanee
“Sounds good!�

Felice steps away from the small puddle of water, that has been gathering around her boots. Her clothes will soon enough be coated with the annoying raindrops once more.
Dranem
Reg turns off the commlink and places it in her courier bag.
"Lead the way big guy, I hope it's somewhat close. I think I can speak for more than myself when I say that I don't want to spend too much time out in this weather."

Reg gives the dragon a parting nod, and recovers her rain slicker from where it was hanging.
Ophis
As you head out into the storm, Morgan watches you leave and whispers faintly, "Good luck."

Perianwyr leaves the bar by a back door taking his true form as he enters the alley way. Ignoring the downpour he takes to the wing.

It's going to be a busy night. I hope this works, otherwise I'm an ex-wyrm

On the roof of the bar a single figure watches Perianwyr fly off.
Thanee
With Alastor in the lead, Felice moves with the small group, clinging to the front of the buildings they pass in the hopes of dodging at least some of the raindrops that way.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor leads the group, taking the most sheltered route possible through this torrential downpour, a few blocks away from the club. He leads them into a side-street and then down some steps which lead into a small courtyard. Nestled near one corner are a set of doors guarded by a pair of Sioux men, one human and the other elven. Through the doors the sounds of an interesting fusion of traditional Native American and dance beats combined tastefully can be heard. The sign over the door reads 'Ahtahkakoop'.

As they reach the doors, the bouncers nod their heads to Alastor in recognition, and Alastor exchanges a few words with them quietly for a moment, before the team is welcomed into the club. The club has one main floor that is visible, with a largish raised circular area at the back. Overhead, as the club's name suggests, a blanket of 'stars' twinkle, the lights laid out in a mapping of the night sky, the major Native American constellations painted in. The club is moderately quiet, due mostly to the weather, but a pleasant level of chatter can be heard amongst the music. The atmosphere is good in here, the music very good, the traditional Native music blended subtly with various genres.

Alastor guides the group over to the section where chairs and tables are set out, and to a quiet corner table where they can sit and talk undisturbed. Once the team is sat, Alastor grins. "I know the guys in here; they're a good lot. They won't bother us."
Dranem
Reg feels like a fisherman working out in the deep sea, all decked out in rain gear. Placing her helmet on as they exit the club to keep as much of her head dry as possible. One final mental command erases any surveillance records that they were ever in the bar.

She mounts her bike, and follows Alastor using mostly her NavDat tracking - so that she can concentrate on keeping the bike under control in this horrible weather. The final destination looks decent enough. It's clean, and has decent parking. As they approach the club she takes off her helmet, running a hand through her short hair to remove the worse of the helmet head she must be sporting. Since her move, she's started to let it grow out from the near crew-cut shave she usually sports. She gives Alastor a sideways glance as they pass the doormen, noting that he's obviously been here before.

Entering the club, she glances around, and starts getting into the groove of the music... she could really start to dig this place.
Noting the lack of complete privacy in the booth, Reg knocks the holo-emitter off her list of tools to use to share the info on the commlink the dragon gave them. Instead she places it on the table. Narrowing the broadcast, she sets it to an encrypted network so that the team's coms can form a shared group. This way everyone can see the info at the same time. When it's all configured, she gives a nod. "Everyone all set, or do you want to order drinks first?"
Tattered~Seraphim
"I'm up for either, although I wouldn't say no to the latter. Oh, and as a point, Wapasha- the barman, serves excellent food if anyone's hungry. And if we need a more secure room to talk, there's a back room that 'Asha keeps for Runners or anyone needing a more private chat." Alastor grins, and leans back in his seat.
Moonwolf
"Drinks for after work, no? If time is this of the essence, then even minor impairment could be lethal. What do we have given to us on their security? I would expect something serious, given the rarity of the piece in question. The weather will likely give us a bit of an edge though, horrible though it is."
Dranem
Reg scans the rooms, then looks to her teammates. "Would you prefer a private room, or do you think this is fine?" She doesn't ask the question to anyone in particular. She's ready to activate the Comm but hesitates till she gets the nod from everyone else.
Thanee
“Nice club, never been here.�

Felice also takes a seat, like the rest of the team, leaning back comfortably.

“I would go with a private room, naturally, but Alastor knows this place better.�
Tattered~Seraphim
"I'll just get a private room." Alastor stands, and heads over to Wapasha at the bar, and chats to him for a few moments. Wapasha nods in understanding, before calling over a elf Native, who heads back to the table with Alastor. "Come with me," he says, his accented voice lilting. Black lines run vertically over the center of each eye, and his clothing is dark. He leads the group to a door at the back, and unlocks it, gesturing politely for them to enter. "Feel at home, and if you need anything, just call." Alastor grins. "Thanks Blackfeather." Once the group is in the room, he closes the door behind him, having given the key to Alastor.

The room is comfortable, with a large heavy carved wooden table at the center, surrounded by plenty of chairs. The room is well lit and painted in earthy colours, ideal for discussing business.
Dranem
Reg smiles and snatches the commlink off the table. This is better, fewer eyes and ears to watch out for. She calls her flyspies back from their locations and gently gathers them in one hand.

She follows everyone into the room, once the door is closed, she nods. "This feels a lot better." She places the commlink in the centre of the table, this time hooking a hand-sized holo-projector to it, so that information can be displayed for those that don't have any advanced AR devices.
Once everyone settles down at the table, Reg begins - already having quickly scanned the data on the 'link. Once everyone hooks into the private network they'll be able to access the information as well. Her eyes take on a trance-like quality as she focuses on the device.
"Ok.. here's our target...." A basket-ball-sized 3D image floats above the holo-projector showing a building.
Moonwolf
"Looking at the building plan, the fastest way to the fish room is straight up the main stairs and turn left. I can mask an area to look like how I want it to look, which I think would cover our entrance route from the patrol cops easily. Any attempt at subtlety has to be based on the internal security being off though. Anyone else got any toys that will help us here?" Eury looks at the others quickly.
Dranem
With a quick mental command the outer walls of the residence turn transparent and the floor layout is visible. Another command and the floors separate slightly so that each floor can be viewed easily. Eury's plan is highlighted as a yellow line leading into the building from the main door to the target location, with an optional dotted line from the garage.

Reg had hoped that this would be a commercial or industrial hit, and the tone in her voice is clear she's not happy hitting a residential location when she answers Eury's question.
"I'll see what security I can eliminate from the outside, but it looks like most of this is on my shoulders."
Reg highlights the security system, ever door and window turns red and the motion sensors and cameras become little red dots on the layout.
"Whoever normally lives here really values their privacy, on top of the 5 minute patrols the security layout is that of a small corp. If this were Seattle I'd see about arranging an air drop on to the 3rd floor pool," the area highlights itself green "as it's the weakest point of entry, but I'm not sure I have the contacts to spring that here on such short notice.."

her voice trails off as she's thinking.
"Once we're in, it shouldn't be too tough to keep the system in check, but..." noting the frequency of patrols "getting close without attracting attention might be the most difficult part. We might be able to slide the patrol only to have some nosy neighbour spring the alarm on us."
Moonwolf
Eury smiles, "Fortunately, the weather is on our side. This level of downpour will drop visibility massively. I could however try to rustle up some kind of spiritual cover for us, unless Shiver wants to do that."
Ophis
Shiver grins, "Glad you can find a use for me, spirit cover it is."
Dranem
Being unfamiliar to magical means of stealth, Reg merely nods to the suggestion. "Do what you can." Lets hope that will work too... The elf looks pensive.
"We'll need a van or car to get there.. pulling up on bikes in this neighbourhood is bound to rouse suspicion, not many people are joy riding in this weather. That and I need a little time to see how much of the security system I can disable from the outside..."
Ophis
Clarke grins, "Been a little while since, I've done any car jacking. Leave that to me. I'll do the driver thing on this one, plus since the house seems empty I'll stay outside and deal with any cops who come along."
Dranem
The elf nods to Clarke's comment and then looks around the table. "Anyone have anything else to add before we wrap this up and get the show on the road?"
Ophis
Clarke stands, "You guys sort out your actual plan of entry, I'm going to try and 'borrow' a suitable van."

With that he's out the door and back into the rain.

---------

Elsewhere.

"You ready?"

A dirty look at the implied insult is all the speaker gets.

"That's a yes then. Let's get moving, time is short."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012