Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Icy Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Ankle Biter
22:43:46, June 10th, 2070
Denver, UCAS Sector
Shiver

Shiver led the way to where his motorbike was parked. Being sure to check for tampering on, and doing a quick astral sweep for onlooking spirits and the like, he found everything to hils liking and so got on the bike, scooching forward a bit to leave Eury room to mount. Turning to him as he approaches, shiver speaks clearly, but quietly.

"So, approaching the the target, we need to go through a few scenarios. How would you like guard spirits handled?"

He starts the bike, and gets ready to pull out.
Moonwolf
Eury replies discretely, "I'd rather that they didn't get alerted, personally, but banishing or controlling them would be the best idea, in my mind. Of course, if there are too many for that, eliminating the controlling mage is always a valid plan, but it is indiscrete."

Eury climbs onto the back of the bike, and hangs on.
Ankle Biter
'Very well,' says Shiver, as the motorbike revs up, 'my expertise is more people oriented, so what say you prioritise spirit control, I'll summon one up and task it to you as backup, the sams can stick n shock the mage, and I will do spell cover and guard domination for them. How does that take you?

'Oh, you got skinlink comms? This bike can get a bit noisy...'

Shiver pulls out.
Dranem
2:15:20, June 11th, 2070
Denver Matrix, UCAS Sector
Reggie

It feels like an eternity. With the thought-fast pace of full VR, minutes seem long enough, hours seems like forever. Reg reveals to Alastor a little bit about herself. How this task at hand is exciting, how the elf works more on fixing bikes and electronic devices than hacking in the virtual landscape - though the process seems to come naturally. Living in a smuggler family doesn't require a lot of corp system hacking... though cracking border security monitors is something the elf's gotten good at. Reg doesn't consider herself a hacker, the Matrix feels much different to her than what her hacker friends talk about when they describe the lastest code bit they've been working on, or the latest killer app they've been sweating at for hours. The elf sees code more like strands of data that one can merely weave and shape to make work.
Revealing a little bit of her past: in the elf's early years, in school, the teachers couldn't quite understand Reg's outlook of the Matrix either, nor how the tom-boy elf could bypass the class data-terminals and gain access to the buildings network. In time they probably would have figured it out - but events conspired against them. Deus changed life in many ways for so many people...

-

Traffic online shifts after midnight.. regular user traffic slowly drifts off, more gamer and hacker personas start drifting through the datapaths. Reg recognizes a few of them.. people she's seen in the Datahavens. She doesn't call them or draw attention to herself though, she's got a job to do.

Reg hasn't really notice the time go by, most of the elf's concentration has been on cracking the access to the remote access port of the node. When not deep in thought, Reg talks with Alastor. When success seems close Reg asks. "Anything we want to do in the node tonight? We're close to peeling open the access port."
Tattered~Seraphim
Whilst focused on the job at hand, with the adrenaline pumping through his meat body heighening his senses in the VR environment further, Alastor also takes great enjoyment too in the Run. He finds something of a kindred soul in Reggie, having also faced trials during his school years following the Comet and the onset of his SURGE. He reveals that he'd been born in England but had come over here with his parents a couple of years before he Awakened, because of his father's Corporate job (something he does not divulge more on). However, Reggie would notice the bitter tone of voice he used when mentioning his father. He reveals that despite having been brought up in living comfortably in a fairly well off family, he'd got into Running after joining the 'Fight Club' scene, being a complete adrenaline junkie and enjoyment of combat. It had developed mostly following his SURGE, although he'd been somewhat like that beforehand anyway. The minutes whitle away slowly, as Reggie carefully hacks her way into the node.

In reply to her question, Alastor seems to ponder a moment before giving his answer. "Well, like breaking into anything, the more often you jump in and out the more likely you are to get caught. So I guess that depending on how awake you are, we grab what we can now, and set up monitering tabs on the system, so that we can get a feed on what goes in and out the system sent your way; will also probably give us easier access next time we enter the system."
Dranem
2:16:10, June 11th, 2070
Denver Matrix, UCAS Sector
Reggie

The last layer of the remote access port is finally peeled away, and Reg faces an open door with green letters floating in front of her, reporting 'Access Granted'. Smiling Reg looks over to Alastor. "We're in. Hope you have some sort of stealth or masking software - at least until I can reach the user registry. Otherwise you can hang here for a few cycles till I can get you listed as valid user."

With that Reg turns and enters the node. Being a small company, the elf was expecting the standard Matrix iconic set, yet the view that her eyes was amazing....
It took a moment to recognize the scene in front of her:
The walls are a combination of wood paneling and plaster. Glass tubes dot walls and ceilings here and there. Metal cylinders zip by inside the tubes, probably messages and e-mails. Clerks run around while people sit at desks answering calls on strange ancient-looking black telephones. The whole scene is a retro-flashback to the early 20th century, stuff that Reg has seen in old war comic books her dad kept.
Reg concentrates for a moment, and slowly the silver surfer takes on the appearance of one of the clerks running around. This should get her to the user registry without ringing any bells.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor watches on, amazed at the scene unfolding, the company's site reminding him somewhat of a style quite familiar to him back in England. Okay, not what he was expecting in the slightest. "I'll stay back here for the moment, just to be safe," he says, staying exactly where he was.
Dranem
The clerk nods to Alastor who then looks down to the sprite as it enters the office room. "Keep him hidden, should only take a moment to get us clear." the sprite nods and Reg heads off across the room.

Weaving among the desks, the clerk finds a central hallway. looking up at the ceiling, all the glass tubes seem to converge and head down the hallway. Good, this is the main data pipe, she mumbles to herself, and then wanders down the hall. In another room all the pipes lead to a large desk, where a series of clerks process the information in the cyclinders, write out new sheets, and send them off. Ah, central dispatch control, user registry should be around here somewhere.
Reg looks around the desk, and finds a clipboard demarking the user list. With some effort, and the feelings of a headache coming on, the clerk manages to score a pen off the desk and writes down two users and passwords. Two employee name-tags materialize beside the clipboard. The clerk picks them up, one she applies to herself, the other is for Alastor. This will allow them to roam the system without having to sneak around.

That task completed, Reg returns to the back-door login where Alastor's waiting with the sprite.
Tattered~Seraphim
"Welcome back," he says with a nod of his head. "Got what you needed?" he asks, seeing Reggie's expression.
Dranem
The clerk smiles and nods it's head, like Reg's real life image, the avatar's short cropped hair and generic clothing makes it hard to discern gender.

Holding out the name-tag, Reg smiles. "Wear this. The user ID will get us wherever we need to go. Now, you mentioned setting up some monitors or such. If you want to tap a line we'll have to be careful we're not going to trigger any alarms. I might have admin access now, but any system worth it's developper has verification triggers."
Tattered~Seraphim
The demonic warrior nods, and takes the badge in his armoured, taloned hand. At that point, he closes his crimson eyes for a moment, and as he opens them the armour darkens and melts away, shrinking back to become dark trousers and a smart shirt that doesn't look out of place. Flowing white hair shortens and smoulders into an inky black ponytail, neatly tied at the nape of his neck. He looks now like one of the clerks as he affixes the badge to his shirt. "Shall we?" he says softly, grinning, his fangs visible for a moment before he looks like a regular guy. He steps carefully into the system, his posture and mannerisms changing from a warrior's to a cool, slick businessman type, looking like he belonged here in this environment. <Right, where to? You lead the way.>
Moonwolf
How would a skinlink help?, thinks Eury as they pull away.I mean, I don't have trodes or anything.. "No, but I do have sub-voc, which I think is what you mean. Unless you meant electronic noise? I'm more suited to intelligence gathering spellwise, but I can deal with the spectral for this, no problem."
Ankle Biter
Shiver raises his voice above the buzz of the engine,

"Fair enough, in that case while we're on the streets, how about you tell me a little of your magic, and I give you the reason that the lightbringer is clearly the spirit mentor for you. We can talk shop proper when we get there.

I'm a shameless shill for him, but he's worth it."
Moonwolf
"Lucifer then? Or one of his other guises? Prometheus is very popular I hear. As to my own style, in my core systems I follow the teachings of the OTO, but everything is useful, especially if other people don't know it. I have my own guide to the mysteries, and if you are very lucky, or very unlucky, you might one day meet him."
Thanee
20:00:03, June 12th, 2070
Denver, UCAS Sector
Felice

The sleek black limousine has stopped. A lone figure is standing at the corner, dressed in a fashionable black trenchcoat, short enough to stop mid-thigh, as does the skirt she wears underneath, elegant heels topping off her outfit.

“Miss Ramirez?” There is just a hint of nervousness in the voice.

Felice nods and slowly moves closer to the car. The driver gets out and opens the door, being the gentleman he is paid to be, her eyes looking him over as he does, taking in every detail. He probably takes it for a compliment, while she is actually more interested in spotting any hidden armament, a bit more, anyways. With a smile, her lissom form slides onto the leather seat in the back. The driver takes a deep breath, only audible through her augmented hearing, before he speaks.

“So, where do you want to go, miss?”

“How about The Cube? Heard it's quite nice.”

“It sure is. We'll be there in about fifteen minutes.”

The Cube is one of the nicer clubs in the Hub, the heart of Downtown Denver. Felice hasn't been there yet and she had figured, that this was a good opportunity to check it out, while learning a bit more about how the company handles the security side of the business. She also has a club near the Aurora Warrens on her list, wondering what the driver will say when she proposes that one.
Ankle Biter
Shiver considers Eury's words. Speaking as though responding to a question he keeps his tone cheerful and warm. His two rehetorical questions, however, are the tinyest bit tinted with a sence of schafenfreude.

'Lucifer, you say? Didn't he pick a fight with a supreme being? Never struck me as the best of strategies. I can see where he was coming from, but still, there's a time and a place.

Promethius... needed a better fence. Stole fire from the gods, then as an encore pulled the two sacks trick on them; Can't remember, has anybody thought to unchain him yet?

My boss prefers fairer negotiations to that kind of action. You can only scam somebody worth scamming once, and then you get to spend eternity with your kidneys on the breakfast menu. Deal them fair, however, and they keep coming back.

If you ask for him politely he may chose to speak to you. This event could only be unlucky for you if you were as stupid and brash as I assume you wise and careful. Be wary of him, though, he's a dangerously good negotiator.

Your guide... I wish to know more of. Care to expand on your most interesting introduction?'
Moonwolf
"Oh yes, Heracles unchained him, mostly as an act of teenage rebellion. I was always given the impression that the Lightbringer was, by definition, working against the hierarchy in place. If the gods want everyone to know, you don't really need some poor mug to take the knowledge and run to the masses hopelessly disenfranchised by the unbalance of power. Of course, there's nothing to say that he can't have gained a trick like subtlety over the years.

My guide waits in the quiet places, where people gather to say things they wish not heard. He sees all that is secret, and waits for the correct time to act. He has a Name, but it is not my place to share it, and he has no name to give. If he wishes you to know more, you will, but he may already know you." Eury's tone stays calm throughout.

"How long will it take to get to this dive you're taking me to anyway?"
Ankle Biter
Shiver seems to stiffen a litle at the mention of dark places, as though surprised. Whether it is a good or bad surprise is hard to tell, but it definitly threw him.
'...Fascinating.' The word seems to come from far away, and a long time ago. 'My boss and your mentor would probably get along, I would be most surprised if they did not know each other already.

I think, however, that lightbringer to which you refer is not the same as mine. My boss has a few names, and I think he chose Lightbringer as his public one as he has a dark sense of humor.'

Shiver seems to consider for a moment

'In fact I imagine it is possible that he uses the name to seek questioners such as yourself. It is good to know that you do not take things on face value.'

Then he brightens,

'Oh, the Dive, yes, shouldn't be long now. You know this kind of place can be fun if you allow it to be.'
Ophis
15:32:07, June 13th 2070

Your commlinks bleep as an incoming message from Clarke offers you a meal at a discreet restaurant in the UCAS sector. The message is fairly sparse on detail except for stating that you should dress like corporates going out somewhere posh, nothing outlandish that would get you recognised when working.

Thanee
15:32:37, June 13th, 2070
Denver, UCAS Sector
Felice

< Felice: When? >
Tattered~Seraphim
15:33.02, June 13th, 2070
Denver, UCAS Sector

Alastor takes note of this, nods his head, and carries on with his preparations. He and Reggie had completed their job within the limo company's site, and got what they needed from it.
<Sure thing. Cya guys there.>
Ophis
Clarke replies to Felice's question with a simple statement sent to everyone.

Tonight at 8 sharp.
Dranem
15:32:27, June 13th, 2070
Schmo's Garage, Denver, UCAS Sector
Reggie

Reg stares at the timestamp on the message for a few minutes before acknowledging Clarke, and confirming she'll be there. She's still nursing the remnant of her headache from her Matrix trip into the limo company. They didn't get much information on the surface, but the mole was planted, and will help when the time comes to intercept the band.

She steps away from the car she was tinkering on to let her brother finish up on the muffler replacement. The on-board computer should be able to complete the timing belt issue now that the replacement unit was in. Great, I have maybe 2 hours to find a half decent taylor and a suit. She ponders - taking in account fitting and time for the taylor to do alterations.... or I could just buy something off the rack if it fits fine enough.
"I have to wash up and run an errand." She announces out loud. The only acknoledgement she gets from under the car is a grunt, she nods more to herself than anything, and leaves the shop, bolting up the back stairs to the appartment above.
Thanee
19:15:21, June 13th, 2070
Denver, UCAS Sector
Felice

After rummaging through her wardrobe for a while, Felice has finally settled on a business suit. Black with thin stripes, a feminine cut with a waisted jacket, and a neat, white blouse underneath. Her Colt Manhunter, loaded with gel rounds, and a spare clip of regular armmo, is hidden in the concealable holster underneath the jacket as well.

Since her bike isn't quite the fit for this, she calls a taxi to drive her to the restaurant, so she will arrive maybe ten minutes early.
Tattered~Seraphim
When it was time for him to start getting ready, a washed and neatened Alastor starts preparing his things. He selects a smart tailored black suit with a charcoal grey shirt, and black tie. His snowy white mane is pulled back into a tidy tail at the nape of his neck, held back as usual in a metal hair cuff engraved intricately. He had dropped his bike off a little earlier a short distance from the restaurant, which meant that it was there if he needed it, his lined coat inside its compartment, along with some extra ammo. He slipped his guns into their concealed rig, threw on his jacket, and called a taxi.
Moonwolf
Hmm, corporate eh. Time for Matt to come out. Suit and tie job it is. Eury gets dressed up in a neat dark suit, cut in the current favorite style for Ares suits. Changing his ID over in his commlink, he calls a taxi for a local shopping arcade, and walks there to meet it, taking it to the restaurant to arrive 5 minutes early.
Dranem
19:55:10, June 13th, 2070
Restaurant, Denver, UCAS Sector
Reggie

Unlike most women, Reggie hated shopping... well unless it was electronics, then she was like a kid in a candy store.

The fake Renraku ID that Reg was using on her commlink gave clues to the seamstress at Chez Elle in how to help her outfit for a new suit. Reg decided to play along with the notion that she was a new mid-level-exec hire and wanted to impress her boss for the final interview. Her knowledge in the company helped keep that image as she knew just what questions to answer, and which ones not.

It would take some time to finish up the alterations of course, so she even had time to have her self made up at the beauty salon 2 doors down: hair, nails and make-up. All conservatively done to match the corp's style of course. Reg was impressed. When Chez Elle called, Reg went back to the clothing store to finish the last fitting details. When all was done she stood there near-stunned at the woman staring back at her. She almost didn't recognize herself. The seamstress had managed to work with the suit to make her small b-cup breast apparent - but not prominent. This was a topic of arguement that Reg had lost.. Reg never liked displaying her femenine side, she had wanted a more male cut, but the seamstress won over in the end... Reg made a mental note to not give in to retailers so much in the future.

As she looked into the mirror, the memory of her mother looked back. It took her some time realize it was really herself. The fact her mother never wore her hair this short helped solidify that she was indeed looking at herself. The seamstess looked worried as if something was wrong. "You don't like it?"
Reg shook the memory from her head and smiled. "No, just an old memory that I thought was burried, the suit is fine." Reg transfered the rest of the payment for the garment. "Can you call me a cab?" She couldn't ride on her bike looking like this.

The clerk smiled and nodded, happy for the several hundred nuyen sale she had just made, and called the cab. A mental check on the clock showed she still had a good 2 hours till the meet. Enough time to break in these new shoes before they break me. Trying to keep her balance, she wasn't used to wearing high-heels.

She decided a little window-shopping to get used to the new look before the meet was in order. When the cab arrived she took it to the nearest mall where suits frequented and marvelled how she was able to blend in with the crowd in only a matter of minutes. Fall fashions were already being presented in most stores, and big back-to-school specials were flashing all over the place.

She nearly lost time in the electronics shop drooling over the latest 'toys' and accessories. The clerk seemed to mistake her for some sort of engineer as her knowledge in some features surpassed his.... the fact she was able to bring up technical details and specs without apparently using her obvious commlink to consult online sources helped. In the end she got his card, with a penciled in personal number, he probably thought she was hitting on him... depending on his connections, it might be worthwhile following up on it.

She took another cab from the mall to the restaurant, traffic was pretty heavy, but she manages to get there about 5 minutes early. She stood at the door, and took a mental deep breath before telling the hostess which table was expecting her. This 'business dress-up' will be a wierd meet indeed.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor had arrived just under ten minutes early, wanting to have time to have a discrete look over the place with a drink, his sharp eyes often sweeping over the entrance hall. He was going through the motions and behaviour that he'd had drilled into him for years for when it came to business meals, in order to make his act all the more realistic. It was second nature to him these days. One thing to be grateful to father for, he thought, managing to hold back his usual emotions when it came to thinking about the man.
It was there that he spotted an unusually feminine familiar figure at the entrance.
He took a final sip of his drink, slid off his stool, and approached Reggie from behind, hoping that she hadn't noticed him.
"You really look quite lovely this evening, milady," he commented, a light smile gracing his lips.
Dranem
19:56:30, June 13th, 2070
Reggie

This whole situation made Reg uncomfortable, though she was out of her element, she tried her best to focus and act the part. She looked around the restaurant trying best to hide her unease and make it look casual. She reached into a pocket, as if to adjust it, removing one of her flyspy drones.
She was getting ready to discretely release it as the hostess gathered a menu and turned to guide her to her group's table when a voice spoke behind her. It took all her wits not to jump at the unexpected proximity of the voice, it's familiarity helped her composure.

A quick scan of the surrounding signals confirmed it, she turned and smiled - wavering on uncertainty. She quickly sized Alastor up, he looked quite hansome in a suit. As cliche as her text message sent to him was, it helped ease her nerves.
Hey there yourself, is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
Her expression a little more flirtive as she waits for his reaction.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor's face remains neutral and calm, despite the raised eyebrow he was inwardly raising. At least Reggie looked a slight bit more relaxed now, which was good. The slight smile remains in place as he messages her back.
<A gun in here? Whatever would give you that impression?> Accompanying the text is a chibi-fied, fully armed demonic-armoured icon of Alastor, a crooked angel's halo above his head, his expression trying to look innocent, trying to hide the weaponry.
He offers her his arm politely as the hostess stood waiting to take them to the table. "Milady?"
As they're led there, Alastor messages Reggie back, giving her a discrete, kind and just a little flirty smile, his body language completely at ease. <If you're unsure about anything, just message me. I've been in this kind of restaurant more times than you can shake a credstick at, pretty much, as well as having the whole corporate behaviour drilled into me since I was being bottle-fed.>
Dranem
Reg was hoping for at 'least' a mild chuckle. Oh well, his witty remark signaled he got the idea that Reg was joking. As it is she had to stiffle a giggle at the image of his online icon with the crooked halo on its head - which floated in AR in front of her vision.

She pauses momentarily before taking his arm in her hand. The hostess would be expecting such a response - playing along with the couple scene meant that she could let him answer questions first. The hostess grabs a second menu and leads them to the table.
<Well, my corporate indoctrination ended when I was 10 years old, hardly grounds to work on how to act as an adult in this setting. This suit is too stiff, not used to confined clothing.>
Reg puts a business like poker face on as they near the table, trying her best had hiding the curiosity of how the others would dress for the part. Clarke's attire would not be surprising, Felice seems to know the scene, but the mages of the group should be a sight to see.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor picks up on the way that Reggie was playing the game, and complies. Not that he wasn't complaining; it was more that he was a little surprised at how feminine she was acting, as well as dressing. She looked very different now, and it suited her.

<There are tricks around that, certain styles to go for or avoid, certain tailors to go to, etc. I know of one or two in the city that cater very well to bodyguards, male and female alike; no questions asked about job specifics, only specifics for what a garment's needed to do. Don't come exactly cheap though. It's something I've had in mind doing once I get a bit more cash.>

As he leads her to the table, he acts the perfect gentleman, even pulling her seat out for her at the table, conversing lightly with quiet small talk. He discretely watches everything that's going on in the restaurant that he can see, and looks towards their table as they head over to it.

<Calm, neutral poker-face expressions are good as a whole, although a small laugh or smile isn't frowned upon when appropriate. Being overly flirtacious is a no until later.> At this he grins at her. <A lot of how to act is easily covered like acting like you know what your doing, but not cocky- it really helps me, especially when I'm not exactly certain. I'm just used to these situations.>
Moonwolf
Got to remember the PAN's on active for once, got to look the part. Man, this is weird, really. Better do a quick sweep astrally though. Eury walks in, looks around to catch the hostess' eye. Ah, they're here first then. Good, good. "I take it the table set up for us is the one my collegues are at? Can I get a menu please? And a glass of ice water would be lovely." Eury waits for a response and then walks over to the table and takes a seat.
Ophis
Clarke shakes his head at Reggie and Alastor as he stands politely to let the 'lady'.

"Nice of you to come, ah here's Eury, the other two should be here in a moment." his tone is all polite go-getting exec until he says, "I trust you two have been working for the last couple of days." The words are laced with implication.
Thanee
19:59:03, June 13th, 2070
Felice

Once she is finished scolding the taxi driver for being eight minutes too late and wasting another minute that way, Felice straightens herself and heads inside. At the entrance, she is asked discreetly to hand over her gun, which she promptly does, of course, being quite used to this sort of security measure.

She takes in a deep breath and sets up a smile before heading towards the table, that she had already located in the meantime.

In her business suit, Felice looks almost conservative, much different to her typical outfits during these hot summer days, neat and not nearly as revealing as usual. Still, it's a stylish and fashionable dress, which perfectly fits her figure and the location.

“Good evening!”

She then turns to Alastor with a slight wink. “Alastor, who's the pretty lady; don't you want to introduce us? And where's the rest? I thought I was being late already.”
Tattered~Seraphim
As each of the group arrives at the table and sits, Alastor says a polite but quiet 'Good evening', and a hand-shake, acting very much the businessman and gentleman. His slight English accent is a little more pronounced also, making it harder to place whether he was actually British or American.
As Clarke asks how the last few nights have gone, Alastor gives a slight nod, and replies in a likewise tone. "Indeed; we were able to achieve the targets quickly, setting the groundwork for the rest of the work." He gives a quick glance over at Reggie. Over the private network to Clarke and Reggie he also adds, <Reggie was able to get into the system without any trouble, and before setting up an information monitering station within so that we can get informed of the band's exact travel arrangements, as well as getting to know the system, basically.> He looks back over to Reggie. The avatar on his commlink has been changed to a much more non-descript design, simple and sophisticated, his fake SIN id identifying him as one 'Christian Hunter'.

As Felice enters, he greets her politely. At her wink and comment a slender white eyebrow rises, the rest of his expression fairly neutral. "Well, considering that we just have Shiver to arrive now, we should be able to start the meeting shortly."
Dranem
Reggie gives Clarke a slight glare on the implication that it's been all play and no work.
Red angry letters appear in a text message. Of course we've been working! followed by the standard text colour. <We've planted a mole, that should help set things up if we need to take over of the limo from the control end.>

Reg's anger is deflated and she blushes at Felice's comment, the usually deep husky voice sounds a little more natural - but still deep for a woman her size. "Thanks for the compliment, you look lovely as well." Once seated. "I lost the argument with the designer on a male or female cut suit." and winks. "This may be the most feminine I've dressed in a very long time...."
Tattered~Seraphim
"Well, it's certainly a suit to keep hold of at the very least." Alastor's tone, although still fairly neutral, holds a kind undertone to it, his sharp eyes softening a little for a moment before the cool businessman demeanor snapped back into place.
Thanee
Felice gives Reggie a happy smile, of course, she had realized who she is, at least on the second glance. “You should let your feminine side win more often, suits you.”

“So, are we going to wait for Shiver, or should we start already?”
Ophis
"Let's look at the wine list for a moment," says Clarke, "If he's not here in five well begin."
Dranem
Wine list? Reg looks at the elongated data sheet in puzzlement. The elf was used to beer and shots, all these fancy names, dryness rating, year.... Reg did know that a good old stock meant smoother taste so that helped...

Reg bites her lower lip and mutters in a low breath. "Anyone want to suggest a half decent".. she hesitates for a moment while the translation matrix gives her a proper pronounciation... "rosé?" She glances around hiding a blush.

She checks the status of her flyspies as a distraction, making sure they'd set themselves up in proper positions.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor, seeing Reggie's nervous blush, sends her a private message, trying to help her out to decide what kind of wine would be best. Quickly re-reading the list, he suggests a delicate Italian vintage Soave to her. <Even if you're not used to wines, this is a very pleasant one for before a meal- it's what I'm going for. I'll be likely going for something different during the meal- different wines go best with different meats.> He smiles to her softly. <There's no need to panic. Also, if you're buying a bottle of wine, the waiter will let you sample the wine first to see if it's satisfactory, at this kind of restaurant.>
Moonwolf
"Well, I can't pretend to be an expert, but from what I know, you should choose your wine to go with your food. Whites are served chilled, so they go well with subtly flavoured foods, like white fish. Reds are much stronger, so you want them with rich, meaty foods. Rosés are a moderate balance between the two, but would probably be good with a starter."
Thanee
“I prefer a good claret,” Felice says, while taking a seat at the table.
Dranem
When the server comes by for the drink order, Reg asks for a rose in the mid-range prices.... thinking that would be the safest bet. At these prices, it better be real and not that cheap synthetic stuff. she muses.
She momentarily admires her polished nails - something that she's not had since she was a child and ponders where her life's going. She doesn't know what led her to finally reveal her feminine side to these near strangers... maybe it was the thrill of being in a new place, a new setting... giving her a chance to start life over.
Maybe it is time to shed my male persona....The 'new me' seems to be getting much better approval.

She glances over at Alastor, wondering if a relationship would be feasable... dating your teammates can be dangerous - something she's not had to experience, but seen first hand. I can at least still flirt with him.. she smiles as she responds to his message.
<A rose seems to be a good middle-ground, I'll play it safe for now..>
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor's smile back is small, as he nods and sends his reply. <Cool.> He had himself ordered the Soave when the orders had been taken. <From what I know, all of the wines in here look pretty good. The trick is to not go overboard- some of these are quite strong.>
Ophis
Shiver finally arrives, apologises for his tardiness and quickly selects from the menu.

Clarke waits till everyone has ordered, the starts to speak, "Okay as you leave you can see our target. They have the Top floor of the two storey across the way. They also have a parking garage down below. Three entrances, alarms and cameras on then all. Front business door, easy to walk through even at night, but high exposure. Back door across the way, Fire door, secure but less noticeable. Final door is the aprking access, we'd have to take a lift to the control room, but it's fairly open and the exposure isn't terrible. Security guards seem to be subtle and few, maybe three or four on site, two in the garage two upstairs. That's what we have to deal with. How shall we do this kids?"
Thanee
“That depends on whether Reggie can get the cameras to show what we want them to, or not,” Felice remarks. “Assuming that this can be done, I would vote for the lift. We could have a car in the garage for a quick evacuation.”
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor takes his usual, quiet stance of sitting back in his chair, listening and thinking the various options through.
Moonwolf
"Depending on how many need to enter, they can look perfectly normal for the building. Illusions make things so much easier, unless of course you know them to have magical security for that. If I'm not having to do much serious, so I can sit down somewhere quiet, I could do that, and/or give someone the ability to see or hear outside of their surroundings. Do those capabilities sound useful to you?" Eury leans back slightly, "Or I could provide spirit cover, can't stop what you just don't look at."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012