Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under Icy Wings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Ophis
Time:Unknown

"Gods, Denver is beautiful in the morning. I look out east into the rising sun and it sometimes it seems that I can see all the way to the Atlantic. The roof I'm sat on is still warm from yesterday's sun or maybe the heating ducts that run beneath it. The city looks so peaceful at this time of day, everyone's either heading to bed or starting to wake up, so nothing seems to be happening. It's an Illusion of course but hey even in my job I have room for a little romantic foolishness.

"I wonder how much of a mess the plan is going to make of the city. It needs to be done sure, but it could explode in my or the bosses face quite nastily. You'd think I'd trust him by now but I always worry about the little guy, just a fact of my upbringing.

"The Kings in place as are the Bishops, Rooks, and Knights. Today I find us a Queen, and someone else is finding us the pawns. Not that this is going to be as simple as normal chess, more like Enochian Chess but with all the sides ganging up on the weakest. No ones getting out unscarred, no plan survives contact with the enemy and all that. Damn it I shouldn't be so nervous the boss knows what he's about, but hell I can feel sorry for my enemies, means I'm still human, or as close as I get. I just hope that the pawns get to be Queens by the end of the game."
Ophis
The date in June 1st 2070.
The time is about 1400hours

Its proving to be a good hot summer at least so far. Even a mile up your sweating, you're mostly just glad you're not further down as it gets warmer down there. The Shadows of Denver are reletivly quiet at the moment, by local standards. It feels like there is a storm coming both literally and metaphorically.

Okay what are people doing with themselves right now?
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Ophis)
The date in June 1st 2070.
The time is about 1400hours

Its proving to be a good hot summer at least so far. Even a mile up your sweating, your mostly just glad your not further down as it gets warmer down there. The Shadows of Denver are reletivly quiet at the moment, by local standards. It feels like there is a storm coming both literally and metaphorically.

Okay what are people doing with themselves right now?

Shiver sits, closes his eyes, and mediatates for a second, once free he turns to his companion.

"Look after that body, and see that it is unmolested, unharmed and undrekked with in any way. You know how important it is to me so no joking around, yah, in this weather I am not in the mood."

He turns to the other two there. "You, Attack or distract anything that that attacks. and by that I mean you attack first and if it can't be hurt by you think of something else annoying to do to it."

"You, if anybody comes in here but me run and find me, and tell me, those two don't count"

Checking the walls, he walks over to his landlord.

"I'm off out, do you want anything?"

Glancing up then down again his landlord ignores him.

"Fair enough, byeee"

Shiver Zips through the door looking for somewhere to play.
Dranem
14:00:00, June 1st, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Reggie

Taking a break from working on the bike, Reggie stands up, wiping a sweaty brow with one of the cleaner rags in the front hip pocket. Man, does it always get this hot inland? Reggie ponders. Going to take some getting used to if it does. Looking up to the distant mountains with a sigh, the elf speaks outloud this time. "Think I should move up into the mountains this summer... some nice little cottage maybe..."

A laugh sounds from inside the rented garage from Reggie's brother. "Yeah, and what ID you going to use to fake a NAN residence pass to get the property?"
Reggie turns to the voice, the big ork Reggie calls a brother is just coming down the stairs. "Well I can dream, can't I?" the elf says with a big grin.
The ork shrugs his shoulders. "How about less dreamin' and more fixin my bike kiddo, I ain't got all day."
"It's done el groucho, just needs some minor adjustment to the gear shift assembly and she's nearly a good as new, be purring as a kitten by dinner time."
"I don't want her purring, I want her to growl! Don't go and make my hog soft on me or I'll smack that purtty little elf grin off yo' face!" He growls.

Reggie debates standing ground, but finally sighs. Bending down over the bike, the elf's voice resonates off the chrome. "What did I do to end up with a slave driver of a brother like you?"
The ork grins "Well with Dad gone, someone's gotta keep yo lazy hide in line."
Poking a head up, Reggie replies "Dad don't slap me around."
"Maybe if he had yo woulda learn'd how ta fight better."
A balled up rag comes sailing from behind the bike, landing on the orks head, a giggle can be heard from behind the machine.
Grabbing the rag he snaps "Don't make me stuff this where the sun don't shine!"
"Yeah, yeah, just let me get done this work before I fry on the pavement."

The ork tosses the rag asside, turns and grumbles. "Lousy freakin kids these days..." considering he's only a few years older than Reggie, he's already starting to sound worse than the old man...
Tattered~Seraphim
June 1st 2070.
Time: 1400hours
Denver, UCAS sector

A sleek black Suzuki Mirage is prowling down one of the main streets, its pace sedate and flowing with the traffic, in no particular hurry. It's rider, also clad completely in black gear. At one point, the rider pulls up, parks and dismounts, before heading into a moderately busy, run-of-the-mill cafe-bar in a small sidestreet.

Alastor removes his helmet as he enters, and heads over to a table where a lone man is sitting, nursing a steaming coffee beside a plate of standard cafe fare. "Yo!" the seated man calls to Alastor when he glances his white-maned figure approach, raising his hand in greeting. "Hey." Alastor's reply is soft, yet easily heard by his friend amongst the background noise. Alastor pulls out a chair opposite his friend and sits, dumping the motorcycle helmet on the floor and removing his jacket, which he drapes over the back of his chair.

"Good night last night?" Kai asks, as Alastor takes his seat.
"Pretty good. Had to sneak in though before the Old Man caught me as I was; I couldn't de-trig until after I got to sleep. The mood was electric." Alastor frowns and rolls his shoulders, the muscles still slightly tense and achey.
"Things still bad then, eh?" Kai replies. Physically, his friend is almost the opposite to his pale friend; deep tanned skin, with short, slightly shaggy deep brown hair and matching dark chocolate brown eyes. He is warmth where Alastor is cold. Alastor nods, and quickly steals a french fry from Kai's plate.
"I can't find any work at the moment, and so I'm stuck living with Him still." Alastor frowns, only pausing and glancing away briefly to give his small order to the waitress. When she has gone, he resumes where he left off. "I don't like it; it's driving me mad. I need to get out of there and soon, and it's not as if he's going to bail me out either. This morning he'd headed off at the crack of dawn, thankfully."

A few minutes later the waitress, from the looks of her a college student trying to pay the bills, returns with Alastor's order and the conversation between the two friends breaks off for a moment as Alastor tucks into the first few bites of food. After that, conversation moves into nicer terratory, and the two finish their meal, the conversation continuing as they head out of the bar and out to their bikes.
Thanee
14:07:32, June 1st, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Felice

Walking down the streets lazily, Felice enjoys the good weather. The heat was annoying for many, but with her latin ancestry, she didn't mind it at all. She is dressed in loose-fitting light khaki linen pants and a white tank top, with her black leather jacket on top and sneakers on her feet, whose color matches that of her pants. The belt of a black messenger-bag runs across her chest, clipped to her waistbelt are some little leather cases. Her eyes are covered by a pair of lightweight, orange-colored sunglasses. Every now and then, she turns around to look at something, which isn't really there, not in the physical world at least, only visible on her augmented reality. Soft music is heard in the distance, but only Felice can hear it. Here and there, she smiles, sometimes she giggles slightly, but when she notices, that other passengers are looking, she immediately regains her composure, maybe showing a slight blush for a short moment, but it's quickly forgotten, and a smile graces her thin lips once more. And then there is already another distraction.
Ophis
June 1st 2070
About 1410ish
Denver -various sectors.

Felice
[ Spoiler ]

Euryxanthous
[ Spoiler ]

Sander
[ Spoiler ]

Reg
[ Spoiler ]

Shiver
[ Spoiler ]

Lucius
[ Spoiler ]
Ankle Biter
Shiver sighs, and starts preparing his other persona, making his way to his other house. He checks to see if his gear has been disturbed, and satisfied, calls himself up a new friend.
Ankle Biter
Shiver concentrates the flow around himself, sending out a call to all who would listen, He is not heard, once, twice, finally in frustration, he calls in a karmic favour, and finally he has a companion for the meet. Getting into his urban camo suit, and pulling brown flats over it, he begins heading to the bar.
Dranem
14:11:32, June 1st, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Reggie

The tweaking only took a couple of minutes. Now that Ron's bike is tune and rearing to go, Reggie smiles as the ork tools around the block to evaluate his younger siblings work. That's when Dad's message comes in. Reading it the smile turns into a grin, yeah, those guys wouldn't know their way around a node if it bit them. Ah the advantages of being more than just a mechanic. Of Joe's children that stayed in Denver, Reggie was the only who had the knack for computers and systems. The other two were just vehicle jockeys, good riggers, but anything smaler than a jackrabbit, and they were hopeless.
Reggie acknowledges the message, sending a confirmation reply. Umm.. Pueblo Sector, it was so much nicer when the Lakeside was part of the Ute Nation... best hit the Transit Corridor at rush hour when the border guards aren't so nit-picky on vehicles and background checks. Reggie heads upstairs and sheds the greasy overalls, grabbing a quick shower helps wash the sweat and grime off the body after working in the hot garage all day. Slipping on a clean urban explorer jumpsuit, and the Dad's old leather jacket, Reggie was ready for a ride on the town. With the borders the way they are, Reggie leaves some favorite toys behind, to give less greif when dealing with the guards.

Once across into the PCC, it's a simple matter of finding the Denim on the bike's mapsoft and follow the most appropriate route based on roads and traffic patterns. Some real work might give me a place of my own and leave the garage to my brothers. Reggie thinks with a smile. Moving to Denver so far has been the best idea in the elf's life... finally a chance to break out on your own.
It's still early when Reggie finds a nice place to park and heads into the Denim, not even a cover charge. It feels a bit silly for a rough and tumble biker to ask for such a wimpy drink, but Reggie tries the best 'normal' voice possible - this is the first time the elf's used strange code words to meet with a contact... Only Reggie's usually with family, not alone.

Approaching the barman...
"Yeah, I'd like a Seabreeze with an Umbrella."
Moonwolf
[ Spoiler ]

"Hmm, might be helpful to have some help on this one. Time to check the tomes." Eury walks over to his library and starts browsing for powerful creatures of the wind to call upon. After browsing for a few minutes, he takes a small tome, gathers up his incenses, and moves to his quiet room.
Careful drawing the circles according to the proper ratios, Eury moves around the room, setting white candles in their correct places. He then lights the incense and sits down to work in the centre of the main circle. "Ruhiel, I invoke thee, send one of your servitors to aid me." There is then a rumble as of distant thunder, and a flash of light knocks Euryxanthous to the floor, extingishing the candles at the same time. "As you wish, I will call upon another this time."
He then careful moves back into his library room and reads through his books for about an hour, until his pounding headache went away. Rising at last, he returns to the quiet room, where he redraws the circle with different marking. "I call you here today, Fujin, to grant me aid in my tasks. Send me a willing servant to follow me, I will it so."
A cloud of black smoke fills the room, and then a clear contest of wills starts between Eury and the centre of the cloud. 4 hours later, Eury stands, nods to the being at the centre, and goes to change into something more suitable for a club, and less stinking of incense. He quickly dresses in a pair of black jeans, and a subtly patterned dark blue short sleeved shirt. He then catches a bus over the sector to near Denim and heads in.
"Seabreeze with umbrella, and a vodka coke please" Eury says to the barman, before moving off to find seating.
Mister Juan
14:10:00, June 1st, 2070
Denver CAS Sector
Sander

A soft and gentle buzzing woke Sander up. Something only he could hear vibrated in his ears, pulling him out of sleep. His brain kicking into gear, the man slowly rolled out of bed, his bare feet softly landing on the cold wooden floor. He repressed a shiver that crept up his spine and extended his hand toward the subvocal mic that was resting on the night stand. Holding it agaisnt his throat, he picked up the call.

His voice sounded coarser than he liked.

"Yes?"
"Interested in some easy nuyens?"

Sander didn't answer quite right away. He turned slightly to the side, contemplating the figure that was sound asleep at his side. Her flowing hair spread across the pillow, her naked shoulders and back uncovered by the pulled off covers, Dora was still asleep.

He spoke up again, keeping his voice to a whisper as not to wake her up.

"I'm always interested. What's the score?"
"I can get you involved in doing security on a small cross town delivery, for some good people to know. You up for that?"
"Security hum?"

Security per say wasn't really Sander's speciality. His was more in the lines of going around that security to do his job. But then again, it was probably easy and quick money... something he was desperately needing at the moment.

"Alright. Sign me up. Where the meet?"
Thanee
14:10:27, June 1st, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Felice

[ Spoiler ]

Ankle Biter
Edit, add time/date stamp, I really need a map of denver to help with this bit... I will have found one by my next post methinks. 2nd edit, took account of time to travel from one home to other home, and change
14:35:36 - a fair whack later, June 1st, 2070
Denver "Rough ass?" Sector
Shiver

Having a friend along seems to have relaxed shiver somewhat, he takes up a comfortable walking pace, and heads towards Pueblo, stopping once to pick up a monsta chug slurpee from one of the cleaner looking street vendors.

Either the heat is avoiding him, or he has stronger will than most; he is strolling through the sultry air in flats over some rather bulkyer clothing, a broad brimmed hat high on his forehead yet still shading his goggled eyes, broadly and benevolently smiling without a care in the world. That being said, the monsta chug is definitley going down some.

After some time spent walking, on a path which avoids the more crowded streets, yet still makes an a beeline towards Denim, he picks up a rather bland krillburger, no trimmings, and juggling that and the remains of the monsta chug he polishes them off as he arrives.

Using dumping the remains off in recycke bins and wiping his face as an excuse he makes a quick scope of the place.
Ophis
Euryxanthous

[ Spoiler ]

Felice
[ Spoiler ]

Sander
[ Spoiler ]

Anklebiter
[ Spoiler ]

Ankle Biter
Having looked the place over to his satisfaction,

[ Spoiler ]

Shiver ambles into the bar area and asks the barman for a seabreeze with umbrella, and something to drink. He then asks for the location of the gents, a long walk and a monsta chug slurpee will do that to a runner.
Mister Juan
14:11:03, June 1st, 2070
Dora's apartment, Denver CAS Sector
Sander

Stretching and yawning away, Sander nodded absent mindly to his fixer... even if the man couldn't see him.

He got up and walked over to the bathroom.

"Pueblo sector..." he looked himself over in the mirror, letting the water run in the shower "bitch to get weapons in there... I'll do the job. Thanks for the heads up"

Cracking his neck from side to side, Sander hung up.

One rapid shower later, Sander left Dora's apartment, not even bothering to wake her up. It wasn't like she would ask questions, or be worried. He had the good habit of simply leaving after every night. She thought he worked in the real estate business, which always had been a good excuse to move around town at any time of the day. Sander was rather new to Denver, and only had safehouses in the CAS and UCAS sector... which is where he usually carried out his dealings. Going in the PCC sector would mean he would have to gear up with either legal or undetectable ware... The only good thing was he already had a fake Pueblo ID, which would make getting in and out of the sector much easier.

15:03:57, June 1st, 2070
Sander's apartment, Denver CAS Sector
Sander

Finally home, Sander was quick to change out in a new suit. He had worn the same clothes as last night, when he had gone out with Dora, and simply felt filthy with them on.

Ironing one of his nicest Actioneer Business suit, the black one with the deep red interior, Sander was already planning how he would go about dealing with the meet. Even if he was new to Denver, he still had plenty of people who wanted him dead.
Thanee
14:11:03, June 1st, 2070
Denver UCAS Sector
Felice

[ Spoiler ]

Continueing on her walk through the city, Felice's thoughts began wandering off towards the evening. She was already mentally preparing for the meeting. Two hours later, she is back at her appartment, stripping down to take a quick shower. Then she looks through her selection of clothes to decide what to wear. Felice finally settles with her black biking leathers and heeled boots.

19:07:34, June 1st, 2070
Denver Pueblo Sector
Felice

Clad in black leather and only armed with her charms and a heavy pistol, which rests in a concealed holster under her armored jacket, Felice jumps on her Suzuki and races off towards the sector border. She has left her helmet at home, wanting to feel the wind in her hair. Everything goes smooth this evening, the guards only so much as glance at her SIN to catch her name, their eyes being quite distracted by her lovely figure. “Rachel, eh? Out for some fun?” A few more salacious but otherwise harmless remarks are met with a smirk and some eye rolling. Business as usual. In the past it might have bothered her.

19:42:15, June 1st, 2070
Denver Pueblo Sector
Felice

About half an hour later, Felice shuts down the engine of her bike in front of the Club Denim. Hopefully they aren't all wearing jeans here... she thinks, as she hops down from her Suzuki Mirage and kicks in the electronic locks. After stretching her limbs for a moment and making sure everything sits right, Felice strides inside and then towards the bar, her heels clacking on the floor. On the way in, she opens the zipper of her jacket to reveal a tight-fitting white shirt underneath, which is short enough to expose a slim portion of her lower midriff. She leans on the bar with one elbow and turns towards the barkeeper: “A Sea Breeze, with umbrella, please.”
Tattered~Seraphim
[ Spoiler ]

Alastor turns to Kai. "Sorry but I've gotta go. Meeting to attend. I'll catch you later."
"Sure, Man. Hope it goes well for ya." Kai raises his hand as his friend gets on his bike, puts on his helmet, and heads off, the bike revving loudly as Alastor starts the engine.

Alastor grins to himself as he heads straight for the Pueblo, his pace a little more upbeat to before. Thankfully he didn't need to dash back to the house as he was already in his usual Meet attire of black trousers and shirt with his usual trench; so all he had to deal with were the boarder guards now to get into the Pueblo. Best to always be prepared to head straight for a Meet cuz you never know when the next job is going to come up, and this was one he couldn't afford to miss.

He deals with the border guards and heads through. It's not long before he finds the club, Denim. As he goes in, holding his bike helmet by the chin strap, he apparently casually glances round for a few moments, taking in the scene. He tries to spot anyone who looks like they might be a Runner coming to a Meet, before making his way to the bar. As he walks over, he also tries to spot anything out of the corner of his eyes for any oddness, as Rain had warned him about.

When the Barman came up to him to get his order, he leaned in close over the bar casually, as though trying to get a better look at the drinks available. He orders his drink (something light that wouldn't get him drunk on the job yet not a wuss' drink), and as he leans in to pay, he looks the barman straight in the eye for a moment, and quietly says, "Morning Rain sent me." His voice is emotionless, direct, as he speaks, which to the casual observer looks as though he's just mouthing a 'Thanks mate' to the Barman, unless they were standing right next to him. His gaze speaks the rest of the unspoken words. "about the job."
Ophis
Alastor
[ Spoiler ]

Shiver
[ Spoiler ]

Denim opens at about 6.00PM each day and has a large dancefloor next to a seating area, the bar serves snack foods, nothing better than a soy burger, though it's range of prebagged chips/crisps/nuts is extensive and it does seem excessive. The music is loud and mostly the tribal techno rock popular in the PCC these days. The clientelle is sparce tonite being Sunday. Changelings rub shoulders with Runner Wannabes, and the real runners slip between the gaps. This is all topped up with the usual club trash, those either desperate, bored, or horny enough to want to keep the party going into sunday night. At the main bar the barman is young and pretty his native origin blatantly obviuos even through his razorguy stylings. He does have back up from a couple of pretty girls, who start of waiting tables and shift to exclusively behind the bar as the place fills up.
Ophis
Alastor
[ Spoiler ]

Everyone else
[ Spoiler ]

Alastor (again)@1955
[ Spoiler ]

Everyone (at last)@1957
The Johnson has just nodded to each of you as you arrived and indicated for you to sit. He's a middle aged Native man, smartly dressed with the look of a fighter who retired a few years back.
"I'm glad to see you are prompt," he says in English, "this bodes well for this little bit of work. The task is simple, take a small package from here to a location in the UCAS sector, it arrives unopened and untampered with. I pay you half now the recipient pays the rest on delivery. There will be interest in this package from several parties. Pay will be 5000:nuyen: each. Is this acceptable?"
His tone is calm, reasonable and controlled. He has no obvious accent. He patiently waits for your acceptance before continuing.
Thanee
“Thanks, I love the sea,” Felice said to the barkeeper with obvious sarcasm in her voice, before she moved over to the table.

When the Johnson outlines the job, a few questions immediately come to mind. A slight spanish accent is noticeable, as Felice asks them.

“It sounds like a reasonable offer. Of course, this depends a little on the difficulties involved. Can you tell us anything about the parties interested in this package? And how they might be able to find it?”
Ankle Biter
As each other party member approaches the table, they note the Johnson and the back of some guy who does not know much about the world of fashion, a brown duster, and a braod brimmed hat hanging round his back and the strap of some geeky ass goggles are what you see as you approach form behind, but as you get within a few paces it turns, and a surprisingly warm and smiling face turns, wearing dark goggles. Looking as though you were just the person they wanted to see there.

Felice

As Shiver turns he lifts his goggles, to his forehead, revealing warm brown eyes, the better to take the sight of you in. 'Name's Shiver, good to have you on the team' he offers a hand to shake.

Sander

As Shiver turns he lifts his goggles, to his forehead, revealing warm brown eyes, the better to take the sight of you in. 'Name's Shiver, looks like we're gonna work well together' he offers a hand to shake.

Reg

As Shiver turns he lifts his goggles, to his forehead, revealing warm brown eyes, the better to take the sight of you in. 'Name's Shiver, what's your handle?' he offers a hand to shake.

Euryxanthous

As Shiver turns he lifts his goggles, to his forehead, revealing warm brown eyes, the better to take the sight of you in. 'Name's Shiver, well met by moonlight and all that jazz.' he offers a hand to shake.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Thanee)
“Thanks, I love the sea,” Felice said to the barkeeper with obvious sarcasm in her voice, before she moved over to the table.

When the Johnson outlines the job, a few questions immediately come to mind. A slight spanish accent is noticeable, as Felice asks them.

“It sounds like a reasonable offer. Of course, this depends a little on the difficulties involved. Can you tell us anything about the parties interested in this package? And how they might be able to find it?”

After initial intorductions Shiver lets others do the talking. He will weigh in if he feel that something has been missed, but for now his googles are back down, and he seems relaxed to the point of dozing...

However, at this question he leans forwards and shows an interest.
Thanee
By the sight of Shiver's funky goggles, Felice is reminded to her own sunglasses, which are slim and lightweight with orange-colored glass. She pushes the glasses up above her forehead to rest them in her hair.

She sets up a smile and shakes Shiver's hand, her grip is unexpectedly firm, but not overly strong.

“Hi, I'm Felice.”
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor takes note of the unusual elf in the corner as he heads across the room towards the Johnson. A SURGE possibly? Mentally, he makes a note to himself to keep his eye on the elf once the meet had finished.

During the Johnson's spiel, Alastor stands in the group quietly, arms crossed as he listens to the job plug, nodding to himself as he hears the Johnson's terms, showing his interest, and trying to think to himself quickly who the possible receipiants or the parties interested in the package could possibly be, considering that it was quite possible that Morning Rain knew the Johnson. 5000 nuyen.gif ... not bad, but not great either for a first run for a team. I wonder if the price could get a little higher. At the very least it will pay for a crashpad of my own...
Hmm..... it seems already that the woman- Felice- is assuming the position of Face for this run.
He notes to himself.

If Alastor is asked his handle, he gives it with a polite handshake. The way that he pronounces the name is a little unusual, nothing like the way the very similar name 'Alastair' is said. He stresses the accent quite heavily on the 'A', saying the name as 'A-las-tor'. His tone is emotionless, giving nothing away, same as his expression.
Ankle Biter
Alastor

[ Spoiler ]
Tattered~Seraphim
OOC: Ta, thanks for that. Missed that one, oops!

[ Spoiler ]
Moonwolf
Eury smiles and shakes Shiver's hand, "I see no moonlight now friend, but well met anyway. Euryxanthous, but I'm fine with Eury for short." While holding his drink in his left hand, he lets his right drop down to his side as the Johnson talks.

Hmm, seems to be some kind of new-ager, at least from that greeting. 5000 nuyen.gif hmm, certainly wouldn't hurt, Felice is right though, some idea of what we're going up against would be nice. Urgh, my head is still giving me hell from earlier, I hope it's not going to be this bad all night.

Eury will be polite, but will allow Felice and Alastor to take the lead in negotiations.
Dranem
19:48:00, June 1, 2070
The Denim
Reggie

Reggie nods to the barman, looks over the at table for a moment to assess the situation. Before turning away from the bar, the elf thanks him. "I've always liked an early summer rain." and walks over to the table.

Three are already seated with the J and his two bruisers, the 5th is nearly on Reg's heels as the elf reaches the table. Greeting each one in turn, Reggie shakes the one calling himself Shiver with a firm strong street handshake, seeing if the man is as street material as his dress. The connection with Shiver is made immediately, though Reg is curious as to why this man want's to set up a private link.
Addressing the group in a husky voice that barely extends beyond the table. "I'm Reg."

The latino girl seems to be commanding the floor, just as well, Reggie's not great with words. The 5k nuyen.gif offer seems tempting. Though one question does need to be asked:
"I take it this is a package the border guards shouldn't find." knowing the game of smuggling quite well in these parts. "Else you'd be using a standard courier."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor looks at the Johnson, watching his reactions to questions carefully. When 'Reg' asks about the nature of the package, he sends over the private network:
<It's for the Pueblo Mob, according to my own sources, so no getting caught by the border guards, for example.>
Hmm..... good negotiating possibility there, he thinks to himself, awaiting the Johnson's reply.
Ankle Biter
Over the private network.

"The lass in leather is called Felice, and she is not in on our private party yet, can somebody who can handle a commlink invite her?"
Dranem
Reggie responds to Alastor
<"If the J is Koshari sect, then it's probably the next shipment of CalHots. There's been a high demand, and the UCAS still carries an embargo on the stuff.">

Looking at Felice, Reggie sends the woman a message.
<"Felice? Lock on to this signal, so that we can debate the J's offer in private before we lock the deal, kay?">
Mister Juan
19:50:07, June 1, 2070
The Denim
Sander

Giving Shiver a firm hand shake, Sander nods a greeting with a rather warm smile which would put anyone at ease.

"Clark. It's a pleasure."

Sitting down, Sander made sure to make eye contact with everyone sitting at the table. Althought discreet, his smile never left his face... as if he was in total control of the situation. As the Johnson made his pitch, the corporate looking man took a commlink out of his pocket and started scribbling notes to himself, taking a second to accept the request sent by Shiver. Compared to the other fellows sitting around him, Sander looked more like some corp exec at a board meeting than anything else.

Alastor had just finished speaking his piece when Sander jumped in the conversation. Unbuttoning the jacket of his black suit to get comfortable, he leaned slightly forward.

"Miss Felice and Mister Reg inquiries are both very good, but I'd like to make one thing rather" he made is if he was looking for a word "... clear before you start giving us any details."

Sander waited a few seconds to make sure he had everyone's attention, but more particularly, the Johnson.

"I mean no insult to yourself or the parties you might represent, Mister Johnson... but five thousand is a ridiculous offer. I am assuming that this package is wanted by people who will not try to take it by overpowering us with love and warm feelings. The fact that numerous parties want it makes it more valuable, and so, more dangerous for us."

He leaned back in his seat, chuckling.

"Charges of trafficking alone, in the PCC sector is a 25 000 fine, and 2 to 5 years of jail time. Same in the UCAS. And quite frankly, I believe that if caught, we might be looking at more than those pesky little charges. Sir, you are hereby hiring some of the finest independent elements this city has to offer. We are all very good at what we do."

Sander brushed a none existing wrinkle out of his shoulder.

"We require a higher payment. If you cannot produce more, I am truly sorry for you, and I apologize for the time I might have made you lose" he said, in a strangely honest tone.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods to himself. This Sander chap knew his stuff, and was putting forth an excellent arguement- another Face potential for the run. His arguement about the risks involved and potential costs incurred were much what he was preparing to put forth, but was waiting to hear more before putting it across.
"I agree about the risks involved and the potential costs incurred to us, when dealing with the moving across the borders. The risk is only increased further by the fact that we will be have to cross two borders rather than just the one." Alastor grins somewhat wolfishly.
Ankle Biter
Over private commnet, 2 borders? what's to stop us heading west outa town, and looping round the (OOC pueblo? I can't load the fragging map at work) sector, then driving straight into UCAS land? Except for me needing to hitch a ride to do that biggrin.gif ? (OOC much love for AR emoticons)
Ophis
The Johnson nods, thinks about it for a while, then says, "Reasonable. If that is the case Shall we say 6000:nuyen: each then? As to your questions, the are also perfectly valid but I'll leave them for one moment while me and my friend here discuss payment." He's clearly enjoy this part of the meet. A little more word paly between him and Sander will push the payment up to 6500:nuyen:.

"So we have an agreement?" He pauses and looks meaningfully at the team.
Mister Juan
19:55:22, June 1, 2070
The Denim
Sander

Both palms on the table, Sander looked upward, as if thinking about something.

"Six fifty... This sounds like more deal. I don't take it on me to speak on everyone behalf" he said, giving a look around the table "but on the account of my person, I'm satisfied with those terms."

He gave a slight nod to the Johnson.

"A few points have to be clarified, but I'm in."
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor nods his acceptance at the pay for the run. Not a great paying run, but it was better than nothing. Besides, the group had never done a run together, which would lower the price anyway. Besides, he was itching to do a run anyway. "Yes, that is agreeable pay. I'm in." He grins, and glances round at the rest of the group assembled.
Ankle Biter
Shiver smiles openly,
'The price seems fair provided that our esteemed Johnson accepts that complications may lead to further negotiation. If were were to accept that the, uh, "opposition" were no better armed, equipped, trained or motivated than the various border defences this package should need to pass, then it is a deal, but I suspect that the answers to my erstwhile colleagues questions would have a greater effect on my resolve to participate than your thus far generous offer.'

Shiver glances to his colleagues before continuing

'That being said the price of furter foreseen complications could be offset somewhat, in my eyes, through most-favoured status in future negotiations. Unforeseen complications during the course of this enterprise may, alas, result in more immediate discourse, however I find this occurence most unlikely due to the trusted nature of the colleage who reccomended this position to me.'

Tattered~Seraphim
"I too trust my own contact from whom I heard about this job." Over the private network he adds, <I don't think it's a fantastic price, but we've never Run as a group before, which will always lower the price of things.> Alastor gives a small mental shrug to himself. He trusted Morning Rain well enough.
Thanee
“Yes, those are acceptable terms.”

Meanwhile, Felice locks on to Reggie's signal.

Reggie:
[ Spoiler ]

<“Hello everybody! This is Felice. In case you havn't noticed yet, there's a blue-skinned elf at the corner table over there, who seems to have quite some interest in our dealings here. Maybe he's J's backup, or else, he might be a problem.” --- close-up picture of said elf attached (which was obviously taken on the walk from the bar to the table)>

With only a hint of movement, and mostly pointing with her eyes, Felice gives directions to the table in the corner, her mannerism making rather clear, that people should not directly look over there.

To the Johnson: “Say, is this blue-skinned elf over there a friend of you?”
Tattered~Seraphim
<Yes, I noticed him as well.> Alastor replies over the private network. He's curious as to the identity of the unusual elf himself. He wracks his brain to try and remember whether he'd ever heard of a blue skinned elf, probably also a Runner from the looks of the clientele of the place.
Ankle Biter
over commlink;

<okay, I can't afford encryption on this piece of drek commlink, so would those of you with skinlinks please get a wee bit closer, yah? I don't wan't lil boy blue in on this next bit...>

Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor merely nods his consent and moves close enough for Shiver to pass on the information via skinlink.
Ankle Biter
Throwing a chummy arm around Alastor, Shiver leans forward as if to whisper something in his ear.
Tattered~Seraphim
Alastor looks at Shiver questioningly for a moment before putting his a hand behind his back, ready to catch him.

To Shiver:
[ Spoiler ]
Dranem
19:55:45, June 1, 2070
The Denim
Reggie

<"Smooth move Clark, I like your thinking.">
Glancing at Shiver.
<"Encryption taken care of, it'll take someone else a fair bit of effort to eavesdrop now. Performing profile search on secondary party.">

Not once does Reg seem to touch any equipment, though elf seems to have good command over technology. Reg does appreciate the quality of Felice's equipment. (note that Felice doesn't lock on to a commcode persay, more of a tight beamed wireless signal.)
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim)
Alastor looks at Shiver questioningly for a moment before putting his a hand behind his back, ready to catch him.

To Shiver:
[ Spoiler ]

To alastor, via skinlink just before I go under,

[ Spoiler ]
Tattered~Seraphim
To Shiver:
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012