Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atheism in 2070
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
James McMurray
With the advent of magic, spirits that look like angels, miracle faith healers, and hundreds of other trappings of religion coming to life, how does an atheist in 2070 defend his faith?

On the flip side, with so many unbelievers gaining favors from spirits and creating miracles, how does a theist defend his faith?

Edit: Any responses I make arguiong against a specific belief posted here are purely from the perspective of a 6th world dissenter. If someone wishes to seriously discuss religion please PM me, as that's not what this thread is about (although I assume it will eventually get there, burn down, and be locked away).
emo samurai
For your problems with faith, denial. The same as in any other age.

People dying? "God's testing us."

People getting better? "God made him better."

People stink too much? "The good stink keeps the devil away."

Anybody following your god is a good man; anybody else is a sinner.

As for atheists, everybody knows that magicians are born pretty much at random, and they can draw their power from anything, God, Bear, or squiggly lines drawn with expensive "magical" chalk. I would say that the sheer variety of faiths being vindicated should be the best evidence of the lack of a single God, since whatever God that may give priests the ability to heal and summon firy angels of death and love gave equal or greater power to insect shamans and blood mages.
James McMurray
It can definitely be viewed as a lack of a specific God, but how do you take the step from that to the lack of any god?
Austere Emancipator
I cannot fathom how SR magic, which makes no distinction whatsoever between the religious and the non-religious, could in any way be construed as evidence for or against a god. Clearly supernatural things exist in SR, or at least in the SR world there has to have been a re-definition of "supernatural", but that doesn't necessitate gods of any kind. All magic seems likely to do is make proponents and opponents of certain types of religions even more rabid.

($20 says this thread will be full of non-SR-related flaming within 3 days.)
Tanka
QUOTE (emo samurai)
everybody knows that magicians are born pretty much at random

What about Jane Christian, who fully believes that anyone who casts and proclaims to be Christian is doing God's work, and those who don't are using tricks given to him by Satan?

The really smart ones know this, sure. But John and Jane Average don't. They may think there's some grand conspiracy to who gets magical powers and who doesn't.
James McMurray
Yeah, I know there's no such thing as proof on either side of the debate. I'm not so much looking for proof as I am for arguments.

Atheists: everybody gets magic, even some atheists, therefor they can't be gifts from the gods. As such, it's possible that miracles in the past were due to mana spikes, not divine intervention. If that's the case then the entirety of many religious texts are false, and therefor God must be false.

Theists: the Jane Christian stance would probably be a common one, as would "God works in mysterious ways, we can't know why he would have given non-Christians magic. Perhaps it is to lead them to the proper path."

What else?

($20 says this thread will be full of non-SR-related flaming within 3 days.)

I think if it lasts 3 days it'll be a miracle, and therefor proof that God exists and wants this thread to thrive. wink.gif
Grogs
QUOTE (James McMurray)
It can definitely be viewed as a lack of a specific God, but how do you take the step from that to the lack of any god?

The atheist would simply view the magic, spirits, etc as the cause rather than the effect, i.e., the ancient peoples encountered that rare spirit that was able to manifest in the 5th world and wrote about it in their holy books, or tales passed down through the milennia about spirits, mages, etc were the basis for those beliefs.
nezumi
For some reason I'm having difficulties seeing why atheism would in any way be hobbled by the reintroduction of magic in Shadowrun. Maybe someone can better explain to me why a hermetic mage somehow feels his power is from God or evidence of God.

Organized religion may take a hit because all of a sudden anyone can do "miracles". I'd have to assume organizations like the Roman Catholic Church would approach magic with a lot of caution, with a lot of bishops espousing the idea that magic isn't from God specifically, at least no more than any gift is. Rather, I think the RCC would try to divorce itself from thaumaturgy, to avoid being a victim of the sudden shifts in public opinion.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (James McMurray)
I'm not so much looking for proof as I am for arguments.

I don't see how irreligious magic creates or requires any real change in the reasonable arguments on either side of this particular debate. It'll create a whole host of unreasonable arguments, of course, but such things usually only serve to radicalize people who had already chosen what they believe/don't believe in.

QUOTE (James McMurray)
Atheists: everybody gets magic, even some atheists, therefor they can't be gifts from the gods. As such, it's possible that miracles in the past were due to mana spikes, not divine intervention. If that's the case then the entirety of many religious texts are false, and therefor God must be false.

People who do not currently believe those miracles happened would quite likely not believe they happened even if there was magic in the world. That they are works of fiction is a simpler assumption than that there were mana spikes.
James McMurray
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
It'll create a whole host of unreasonable arguments, of course

Those are the things I'm looking for.
JesterX
One could argue that the source of magic comes from the same place: Astral. And magic is nothing more than a manipulation of mana. Should it be shamanic, hermetic or religious, it's all the same after all.

You can even argue that totems/angels are only a metaphysical representation of your own mind and ideas.

You can also argue that totems/passions (Earthdawn)/powerful free spirits ARE gods.

I don't think that it proves that god exist however. I just think it proves that there *might* be something elsewhere that we don't know about.

The real question might be: Do you believe that god has something to do with the metaplanes? Does the metaplanes inhabitants were created by god (or many gods?) Does the metaplanes inhabitants can be considered as gods when they enter our world?
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Those are the things I'm looking for.

"I can do magic without god so there is no god!" (Non Sequitur)
"zOMG all majique is from teh devil!" (Fallacy of WTF?!)
That sort of thing. Not really worth thinking too hard about.
Kagetenshi
Technomancers are proof enough that God does not exist.

~J
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (JesterX)
Does the metaplanes inhabitants can be considered as gods when they enter our world?

Powerful Free Spirits certainly could be. After all, they grow more powerful when people donate them Karma, which means creating a religion where they are god, or the one and only prophet, would make perfect sense. Certain existing religions, centering on the belief just about everything has its own god/spirit/thingie, might also consider metaplane-dwellers as god-equivalents or whatever (though that's not saying much).

The Abrahamic religions would beg to differ, of course. Metaplanar beings do not really fit into the faiths of omnipotent, omniscient creator gods.
James McMurray
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

~J

How so?
Kalvan
QUOTE (James McMurray)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jul 7 2006, 09:24 AM)

~J

How so?

This is how so
Austere Emancipator
You need a few upper case S's in that url.
Backgammon
Belief, whether you believe in a god or wether you believe there is no good, is not a rational position. It has nothing to do with logic. Therefore, you can add whatever the hell you like to the argumentation pile, it won't matter. People will believe whatever they like, and invent whatever justification they want for it.

It's partially related, but (and this is the super accelerated version of the story) recently scientists brain scanned subjets who either strongly supported Kerry or strongly supported Bush. In both case, when faced with argumentation against their beloved leader, the scans showed that the arguments were not processed as arguments. Basically, belief shuts down the part of your brain that makes you listen to arguments. You simply reject them out of hand and think up excuses to justify your positions.

Hence, I submit that the Awakening did not threathen any beliefs.
SL James
Except to break up or destabilize the faith in quite a few religious groups, most notably being the Roman Catholic Church...

There is the description of psionics, which is pretty much areligious if not atheistic when it comes to the source of their abilities. Another is a coldy scientific treatment of mana as a third state of nature (both and neither mass and energy), or reverse entropy, or some many of intersecting dimensions (which it kin of actually is), or genetic mutation. Or... There aren't people lacking for explanations for magic that don't involve a deity or deities.
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (James McMurray)

"If a may be false, then b, c, etc. must be false"

That's a hell of a logic jump, but one that's not uncommon in pro-atheist arguments even today - all it needs is a blatantly misapplied reference to Occam's Razor. wink.gif

Funny how the two groups who most strongly argue the requirement of a 100% literal interpretation of all religious texts are loony fundies...and atheists. biggrin.gif

Anyway...back on topic.

How about this:

The current (in SR) existence of magic does not comment on the veracity of any religious beliefs...though it does offer an explanation of how certain claims, previously discounted as legends, may actually have been possible.

(spell check wanted to change fundies to fondues...heh.)
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable)
[...] though it does offer an explanation of how certain claims, previously discounted as legends, may actually have been possible.

None of the large monotheistic religions are going to accept that explanation, because that would reduce their miracles to purely secular feats of explainable magic. It'd be like Da Vinci Code, only quite a bit worse. sarcastic.gif
mfb
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Theists: the Jane Christian stance would probably be a common one, as would "God works in mysterious ways, we can't know why he would have given non-Christians magic. Perhaps it is to lead them to the proper path."

interestingly enough, the Bible doesn't actually say that YHWH is the source of all power, or even that he's the only god out there. for instance, the Witch of Endor really did summon up the ghost of the prophet Samuel. Pharaoh's wizards turned their staves into snakes. even the prophets of Baal acted as if they expected their god to light the fire under their sacrifice at Mt. Carmel, when Elijah told them his god could beat up their god.

i was going to say something about how the Bible doesn't talk about the Awakening, which might shake the faith of some (despite the fact that YHWH has never shown a propensity for predicting future events in his written work). and maybe it did, but i'm sure there are a lot of people who twist reality and Revelations so that they match up.

QUOTE (Backgammon)

i dunno, man. that would require people to be reasonable about their beliefs, and the line between having faith and acting like a retard is very thin (and don't think i'm not slamming atheists with that--lots of atheists i've met are as dogmatic as the Pope).
SL James
QUOTE (mfb @ Jul 7 2006, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (James McMurray)

interestingly enough, the Bible doesn't actually say that YHWH is the source of all power, or even that he's the only god out there.

I was going to mention that, except that you know, it doesn't really matter as per this discussion a great deal except that it would allow all sorts of religions to claim it was thjeir deity, or even to summon (or summon part) of said deity (something which voudoun did a better job of reflecting before it got nerfed).

[...] though it does offer an explanation of how certain claims, previously discounted as legends, may actually have been possible.

None of the large monotheistic religions are going to accept that explanation, because that would reduce their miracles to purely secular feats of explainable magic. It'd be like Da Vinci Code, only quite a bit worse. sarcastic.gif

Isn't part of the Sylvestrines' mission is to determine whether something is just magic, or a true miracle? Or someone's, I thought.
Mr. Unpronounceable

Not really - because I didn't specify where the power came from even in general, let alone in any given case.

If they were God-created miracles, then it doesn't really matter where on the mana-wave-pattern they occurred. If they were done by magicians, then the relationship between the mage and God would have more to do with the 'holiness' of the event than the means by which it was accomplished.

The problem with The DaVinci Code is that little foreword claiming that the history and scholarship are proven fact - rather than the disproven speculative interpretations and flat-out misrepresentations that it consisted of. If he'd simply called it historical fiction, he'd have gotten many fewer complaints. Most of his arguments are about as convincing as those of the people claiming a missile hit the pentagon on 9/11 - they keep forgetting that there's another plane to account for.
Platinum
interestingly enough, the Bible doesn't actually say that YHWH is the source of all power, or even that he's the only god out there.

no ... but it does say that he is the one TRUE God and the creator of all things.

the Witch of Endor really did summon up the ghost of the prophet

Where is this referenced? Can't say I remember this one in the bible.

Pharaoh's wizards turned their staves into snakes.

yes they did, they also turned the nile red. The bible does acknowledge that there is magic, demons and spirits. What God creates the devil duplicates and perverts to cause confusion. Which could explain why religion and spirituality is so controvertial.

Are miracles and healings from God, magic? I personally don't think so, but they are wonderful and unexplained so it is easy for people to label it as so.

QUOTE (Backgammon)

I think it challenges a person's beliefs because it is based strongly on truths. It is fantasy but it is so close that people think it could be plausible, and that can sow seeds of doubt.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (SL James)
Isn't part of the Sylvestrines' mission is to determine whether something is just magic, or a true miracle?

I'm pretty sure that's true, though I couldn't confirm it on a brief glance at MitM.

Not really - because I didn't specify where the power came from even in general, let alone in any given case.

In SR, it cannot be reasonably argued that magic (which accounts for all magical occurrences relying on the manasphere) in general is tightly connected with any particular religion, because for any religion there are more magic users who staunchly denounce it than those who believe in it. The religious authorities could just say that their god(s) produced the magical powers in question, but that would still be devaluing the divinity and miracle-aspect of such an occurrence -- like saying Jesus didn't walk on water but on an ice floe. It doesn't seem likely any major religion would go there, and in canon SR none apparently have.

The Da Vinci Code only demonstrates how important the purely divine nature of holy objects and persons often is to religions.
James McMurray
Who needs a reasonable argument? It's pretty obvious that magic is a gift from God. Those who use magic without God's graces are being tricked by the devil to steer away from the One True Light.

-- Oh yeah, then why would an omnipotent God let that happen?

Because he believes in free will, so long as you do what he wants you eon't be punished.

-- Insert other random silliness here

And one last silly point would round it out. biggrin.gif
Platinum
My point is that good things do come from God, and also ... there are good things that don't come from God. That is why things are so confusing. I know that other religions have miracles, healings and other unexplainable phenomenon, but I have so much personal proof that I could not believe otherwise. The hard part of Christianity especially is that you are commanded to spread the message of the gospel. That is tough, since you have to ride the line of trying to share something so controvercial that countless wars have been started over it.

When it switches from sharing something you find so wonderful to proving that you are on the right path things get really messy. An awakening just adds so much more to the confusion because you can attribute the phenomenon to something else other than God ... but then you get into the question of whether that other explanation is from God or not. (which is another level or complexity)
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Who needs a reasonable argument?

Most apathetic and mildly atheistic agnostics, for one.
mfb
the Witch of Endor is in I Kings (or I Samuel, if you prefer). basically, King Saul was a pussy and had the witch summon up his old advisor for advice. Sam tells Saul to go to hell.
emo samurai
Which NEVER happens with SR summonings. No siree.

But I'm sure most summoned spirits would be much more reliable, if only because they're forced to be.
Dale
Seeing is believing right? In Shadowrun there is magic happening all the time. So it proves magic exists. There are Idols and Totems that grant power to followers, therefore proving that they exist. The is no judeo/christian "God" giving anyone anything, therefore proving that it probably doesn't exist.
Platinum
sure ... then 50+ years into the awakening magic suddenly changes, totems are suddently not what they were.

The bible does acknowledge that magic does exist, and that it divination is a sin. I am guessing that the church, or some denominations make a compromises to allow tolerance like it has for other "groups".
James McMurray
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Who needs a reasonable argument?

Most apathetic and mildly atheistic agnostics, for one.

That was sarcasm, meant to engender the feel of the thread, not explain any personal beliefs. I'm a tried and true agnostic, and it's gonna take one hell of a reasonable argument, plus some backup, to get me to pick a side. I'm interested in this thread with the arguments people would make, whether reasonable or not. Take this one for example

Seeing is believing right? In Shadowrun there is magic happening all the time. So it proves magic exists. There are Idols and Totems that grant power to followers, therefore proving that they exist. The is no judeo/christian "God" giving anyone anything, therefore proving that it probably doesn't exist.

Completely and totally reasonable from the viewpoint of an atheist looking to prove himself right. Unfortunately it leaves out the part where God not shouting his name around doesn't prove he isn't out there, or that he isn't the one behind some magical gifts.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Dale)
The is no judeo/christian "God" giving anyone anything, therefore proving that it probably doesn't exist.

People who really believe in some god/gods probably see their Idol, Totem, Dweller on the Threshold, etc. as the being they believe it should be. This is not a huge leap from the Creator and Sky Father Idols, for example.

Anyway, the ever-redefined gods of holes continues to exist as long as humans aren't omniscient, likewise for purely creator gods.

QUOTE (James McMurray)
Completely and totally reasonable from the viewpoint of an atheist looking to prove himself right.

If only logic and validity were that subjective, eh? smile.gif Then we'd have no trouble with all these One True Gods and One True Faiths.

QUOTE (James McMurray)
That was sarcasm, meant to engender the feel of the thread, not explain any personal beliefs.

I'm scared shitless of willful ignorance right now, so I've been missing a lot of jokes lately.
Backgammon
QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (Backgammon)

i dunno, man. that would require people to be reasonable about their beliefs, and the line between having faith and acting like a retard is very thin (and don't think i'm not slamming atheists with that--lots of atheists i've met are as dogmatic as the Pope).

I think I mispoke. It did challenge beliefs. People couldn't just *ignore* it.

What I meant to say is that belief is like flowing water. It'll just go around obstacles.

The interesting thing about modern, and to a lesser extend SR's, society, is that we require logical, "scientific" reasoning, even to come to terms with our irrationnal thoughts. We require consistency, even for religious dogma.

At first, the Awakening must've been a shock, and many may have loss faith because their mind could not deal with the inconsistency. But as religions incorporate the Awakening, explaining and assimilating it with existing dogma, all returns to normal. The explanations don't need to make much "sense". They just have to be consistant.

Ultimately, though, since belief is a choice that does not stem from rationnal explanations, NOTHING can stop it, except the believer. You simply believe, or you do not, regardless of what proof or lack of proof there is. The only true lack of belief is agnostism. Everyone else believes something.

You can challenge beliefs, but can't disprove it, since proof is irrelevant.
Platinum
well said Backgammon.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Backgammon)
You can challenge beliefs, but can't disprove it, since proof is irrelevant.

I agree, though I'd be happier with a phrasing like "you can disprove what people believe in, but that tends to make no difference to the believers".

Certain beliefs are, of course, completely outside the realm of reasonable debate, study or proof, such as belief in omnipotent god-beings who simply choose not to allow any proof for or against them. Other religous beliefs can be disproven easily, for what it's worth (not a whole lot, usually).
Platinum
Other religous beliefs can be disproven easily, for what it's worth (not a whole lot, usually).

I am curious... like what?
hyzmarca
If miracles form the foundation of your faith then your faith is terribly flawed and destined for destruction by the mighty power of science. However, there are plenty of people who have faith wile understanding that their religious stories and myth and metaphor rather than literal truth.

You can still be Christian without accepting the absurd proposition that Joseph was stupid enough to believe that Mary was a pregnant virgin. Most Christian scholars accept that he probably knocked her up himself.

Individuals who are inflexible deserve to have their faith destroyed.

QUOTE (Platinum)

no ... but it does say that he is the one TRUE God and the creator of all things.

Not really. There is a very conspicuous use of plural pronouns in Genesis.

QUOTE (Genesis 1:26)
And God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That sounds panthestic to me.

Early Hebrews acknowledged the fact that the other gods did exist and that they were really gods, they simply didn't worship these gods because of their covenant with YHWH.

QUOTE (Commandment #1)
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me.

Notice the use of the possessive pronoun. He isn't the one true God. He is their God. He is the God of the Isrealites. The Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Greeks, the Romans, they have their own Gods and these Gods are just as real and as valid as YHWH. The difference is the YHWH kicks ass while the other gods twiddle their thumbs.

It is important to keep the bible in historical context. When Exodus was written o one would seriously beleive that there was only one real God any more than one could beleive that the Earth is flat today. Genesis, which was probably written later than Exodus with the purpose of promoting a monothestic worldview, still couches itself by using the plural pronouns to suggest a the possibility of a pantheon.

The Abrahamic religions would beg to differ, of course. Metaplanar beings do not really fit into the faiths of omnipotent, omniscient creator gods.

Currently, no. Historically, yes. The Abrahamic religions are all derived from a polytheistic base. I don't know how far one would get trying to argue historical polythesim to dogmatic fundamentalists but that problem can be solved through the judicious application of deadly physical violence.

In my universe These guys died horrifically in a freak magical event and now tourists can interact with their eternally suffering ghosts at the site of the church. Their lamentations are proof enough that God does indeed exist.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Currently, no. Historically, yes.

It was only a guess at how those religions might behave in the SR era -- it doesn't seem likely that they'd go back to their polytheistic roots in the next 60 years. But then I've never studied religions much, so I might be way off base.

QUOTE (Platinum)

Flat earth carried on a turtle's back, the geocentric model, young earth creationism, that sort of thing. Falling back to "but my deity created the evidence to test our faith" makes those proofs no less valid.
FanGirl
Can someone lock this thread, please? The "theism/atheism/agnosticism" horse died long before this thread was made, and yet you people keep beating it.
Austere Emancipator
So the effects of the Awakening and the 6th world on religious issues has been thoroughly dealt with before? Where?

If this devolves into arguing over RL religion, then I'm right with you on calling for a lockdown. But not before.
emo samurai
QUOTE (FanGirl)
Can someone lock this thread, please? The "theism/atheism/agnosticism" horse died long before this thread was made, and yet you people keep beating it.

This has been FAR too civil to be locked down, especially given the subject matter.

Why don't you chime in?
SL James
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
If miracles form the foundation of your faith then your faith is terribly flawed and destined for destruction by the mighty power of science.

Tell that to 2,000 years of Catholic scientists and scholars.
James McMurray
If miracles form the foundation of your faith then your faith is terribly flawed and destined for destruction by the mighty power of science.

Not if you view science as a miracle being slowly revealed.

Most Christian scholars accept that he probably knocked her up himself.

And lots of atheist scholars say she cheated on him. Ain't perspective funny. smile.gif

I still need to make time to follow the technomancer link.
James McMurray
I just added this to the opening post, but figured I should also tack it on here for the folks that have already read that post and won't be rereading it:

Any responses I make arguing against a specific belief posted here are purely from the perspective of a 6th world dissenter. If someone wishes to seriously discuss religion please PM me, as that's not what this thread is about (although I assume it will eventually get there, burn down, and be locked away).
Platinum
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator @ Jul 7 2006, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Currently, no. Historically, yes.

It was only a guess at how those religions might behave in the SR era -- it doesn't seem likely that they'd go back to their polytheistic roots in the next 60 years. But then I've never studied religions much, so I might be way off base.

QUOTE (Platinum)

Flat earth carried on a turtle's back, the geocentric model, young earth creationism, that sort of thing. Falling back to "but my deity created the evidence to test our faith" makes those proofs no less valid.

that was not religion that said that ... it was science.... science also said there were 4 elements.

Science changes ... God doesn't.

And this thread is not talking about people's personal beliefs... it is talking objectively about a relavant subject. if it has survived this far without flames ... I'd say it is definitely worth keeping open.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (James McMurray @ Jul 7 2006, 05:23 PM)

Not if you view science as a miracle being slowly revealed.

Touché

Most Christian scholars accept that he probably knocked her up himself.

And lots of atheist scholars say she cheated on him. Ain't perspective funny. smile.gif

The Roman soldier theory has been well discredited.

I still need to make time to follow the technomancer link.

same principle as this

Atheism as a dogmatic philosophical belief is difficult to hold in the Sixth World. In addition, dogmatic theologies are difficult to hold. Agnosticism would be very tempting, especially for magicians. Recognizing that you don't understand is the first step in learning.

Dragons have the potential to influence human views on theology, as well. They have the greatest potential of all beings.

QUOTE (Vasdenjas the Master of Secrets @ the Terrible, the Eater of Cities, the Master of Mount Wyrmspire)
We do not worship the things as the Young Races do. We rely on no one but ourselves. [...] It is understandable that the Young Races might wish to believe in something greater than they, powers they can entrust to aid and guide them. We have no such need. We acknowledge the power of the Passions but we have seen Passions change many times over the years. [...] I have looked upon the true faces of the Passions and can tell you with certainty that they are no more like you that I am, less so in fact.

If Lofwyr one day made a flipant remark like "Yes, I know Allah/Jehova/YHWH/Odin/Zeus/Jupiter/(insert deity of your choice). I had dinner with him last week. I really don't see wh everyone makes such a big deal about him." It would either change the way the world perceives Gods or make many people very angry. I'm not sure which.

Pantheistic Humanism might be the most accurate religion in SR. Acknowledge the power of all gods but refuse to bow to any one of them. They have no right to demand worship or to condemn metahumans to torment. Kingdom of Heaven? Frag that, I'll be going to the Democratic Republic of Heaven.
Metaplanar quests help this worldview. Any person who wants to can go on an Astral quest and actually meet their God, recruit two Martians named Station, come back in time to destroy the Evil Robot Usses, and win the Battle of the Bands.
mfb
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
It would change the way the world percieves Gods or make many people very angry. I'm not sure which.

c) all of the above!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012