Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gymnastics Dodge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Larme
QUOTE (Spike @ Mar 19 2008, 12:02 PM) *
What I want is for the posters who were all smug about 'super hearts make you better at dodging bullets' prior to that call to admit that if that is the case then they should be calling for the Synthecardium to affect other aspects of combat aside from cartwheels OR to retract the posts and admit that it works the way it does for the purely metagame reasons you and I both acknowledge to be true, and nothing else.

I dunno. Not to level a personal attack at anyone (not even Rotbart) but I think the holier than thou vibes were coming from the other side wink.gif

Anyway, what's this fixation on admission? You won on your point, you don't need people to kowtow to prove it nyahnyah.gif
Spike
How did I win? Gymnastics Dodge is officially boostable with a low essences, relatively cheap +3 implant, on top of a Reflex Recorder. Ergo: it is now better than normal dodging, even accounting for specialization (but not accounting for the serious edge case of Move by Wire implants...)

Thus, I lost.
Larme
Yes, but you won on your point that it is a pure metagame and makes little phsyical sense, because nobody has been able to offer a rebuttal, even though I gave it a try.
Spike
really, this thread is only still alive because we keep responding to one another.

You won the whole gymnastics dodge question with a thunderbolt from the heavens,

I won the 'its all metaphysics because nothing else makes sense' though really I was more after the 'eating crow' bit.

I don't think anyone really cares in the aftermath of various victories, but since it keeps climbing back to the top of the page we keep responding to it like trained monkeys...
Larme
*eats a banana*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012