Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greenhorns in Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Dusty Ghost
Indeed, I also have my gun up my sleve.

It's now 00:21 here in the Uk andI need to be up at 6am.

Sorry guys, but I'll try and post first thing if I get a chance.

Mark
JoelHalpern
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 22 2008, 07:22 PM) *
It's now 00:21 here in the Uk andI need to be up at 6am.

Sorry guys, but I'll try and post first thing if I get a chance.

Mark

Get some sleep. Post in the morning. (Our GM will have plenty of time to resolve Hex's shots and determine if the mage is slowed past you, or if he gets to go first.)

Yours,
Joel / Mack
imperialus
Nigel: If you don't mind keeping your IC posts in initiative order. It saves a lot of confusion.
Nigel
No problem, I didn't think about it.
JoelHalpern
Imperialus, a rules mechanics question.
Given the damage dealt (we got lucky) to Pete and the SMG handler, shouldn't each of them have been knocked down? (It wouldn't matter for Pete, as he wants to be out of sight and on the ground. I'm not even sure it really affects the SMG weilder, although I would expect that getting into position to fire ought to take one of his simple actions, if he really was knocked back / down. Heck, it might unfortunately give the SMG weilder more cover.
Thanks,
Joel

PS: And, whether or not he can see us, Lizard Pete has already used his action for this turn, hasn't he! (Thank you GM.)
imperialus
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 22 2008, 10:09 PM) *
Imperialus, a rules mechanics question.
Given the damage dealt (we got lucky) to Pete and the SMG handler, shouldn't each of them have been knocked down? (It wouldn't matter for Pete, as he wants to be out of sight and on the ground. I'm not even sure it really affects the SMG weilder, although I would expect that getting into position to fire ought to take one of his simple actions, if he really was knocked back / down. Heck, it might unfortunately give the SMG weilder more cover.
Thanks,
Joel

PS: And, whether or not he can see us, Lizard Pete has already used his action for this turn, hasn't he! (Thank you GM.)

He got knocked back but recovered. Standing up is a simple action but I let it get used as an interrupt, especially with untrained combatants hopped up on drugs who don't have the good sense to keep their heads down after getting shot. Besides, this way you guys get to shoot at him more. Otherwise he'd be out of sight behind the desk.

And yes. Pete has used his actions. Shouting a brief phrase is a free action however.

If anyone is wondering, mechanics wise Sybercat's blaring music gives the gangers a -1 DP modifier to shoot on account of the distraction.

OK Dusty, Sweep's turn to inflict some damage on my poor NPC's. frown.gif cyber.gif

And yes. Invisible Castle is hating me tonight.

Oh, and Dusty, if Sweeps wants to shoot the SMG ganger he is going to suffer a -2 penalty for shooting through (or hopefully around) Hex. Don't glitch devil.gif
Seraph Kast
Whew, got a bit lucky on that one, but at least Hex put a hurting on both of those punks. Now we'll see if all that bioware and geneware is worth it! cyber.gif

Oh, and if anyone actually shoots at Hex, he can go full dodge, which eats up his next action, right? Melee I'm less worried about since that gives you a bit more to defend with, but the SMG guy could really suck to get shot by, heh.
imperialus
Yes, you can go full dodge at the expense of your next IP.
Dusty Ghost
I'm back. Give me a mo to suss out what I can and can't do.

EDIT: Damn it! Left my flash drive at home that had the rule book PDF on it. Fortunately I have my hard copy in my bag, but people at work are staring at me now. LOL
Dusty Ghost
Right, I think while I was running I managed to cover the distance to get a clearer shot behind the sofa, if not let me know.

Also, you posted the image in Feet rather than meters. So I did some head calculations so I think I'm around by the wall now, but could be wrong.

EDIT:

Oh dear, that's not excatly the shinning performance I was hoping for. sarcastic.gif

EDIT EDIT:

Anyone know what film was that track from? The fight scenes looked interesting.
imperialus
yes... Unfortunatly the program I used only measures in imperial.
Mickle5125
Padre has Stick N Shock loaded... if you need someone stunned and don't feel like dealing with the stunbaton, drive them his way and give him a head's up.
Dusty Ghost
That's cool, just let me know if I get it wrong about being able to fire behind the sofa.
Dusty Ghost
Poo! Missed!
Seraph Kast
So, next up is Loki, right? Since Pete already did his thing?
imperialus
yep. Nigel already posted Loki's actions (shoot at the SMG gunner) so I just ran with them.

This brings us to Padre. You gonna be able to post Mickle, or are you out of town and I'm talking to empty air? The only enemy you can see is the ganger in the street who's drawn his pistol and is pointing it inside the door (at Mack's back). He's crouched down beside the stairs going up into the building giving him -2 for cover. If you haven't posted by this evening I'll assume you shoot at him with stick n' shock.

Joel: Since Padre is in a different area you can go ahead and post your actions. If you want to deal with the ganger behind you he's at a -4 to hit.

*edit*Also just realized that with cover at least, it doesn't seem fair for me to typically calculate modifiers after you've already declared your actions. I know I had mentioned not wanting you guys to worry about the negative modifiers but for cover at least it feels like cheating on my part if I don't tell you about them up front. So sorry guys. If you modify your rolls to include cover just make sure you mention it in the 'notes' section. If you forget I can always chop dice off.
JoelHalpern
It looks like Loki has taken his shots (I suppose it should not be surprising that the bad guys get soime luck...)

Does Drogue get an action, or is it my turn (after Padre)?

Yours,
Mack / Joel

PS: It seems that I should try to put at least one knife in the SMG wielder. If I get lucky and get two shots, I presume the second should go into the spirit (9P will go through the likely hardened armor of 6.) I am figuring we really need to keep the SMG from getting a shot.
JoelHalpern
Does Padre have a line of sight on G3 outside the door?

Thanks,
Mack / Joel
Mickle5125
I'm still here... My first IP is going to consist of using magnification to eliminate distance mods, and taking aim.
imperialus
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 23 2008, 10:03 AM) *
It looks like Loki has taken his shots (I suppose it should not be surprising that the bad guys get soime luck...)

Does Drogue get an action, or is it my turn (after Padre)?

Yours,
Mack / Joel

PS: It seems that I should try to put at least one knife in the SMG wielder. If I get lucky and get two shots, I presume the second should go into the spirit (9P will go through the likely hardened armor of 6.) I am figuring we really need to keep the SMG from getting a shot.

Drouge does not get an action. He just manifested which is a complex action, but no one realizes it yet (that was Loki's perception roll). He's being sneaky cyber.gif

In other words, you can't attack Drouge yet.

And yes, it's your action after Padre.
imperialus
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 23 2008, 10:04 AM) *
Does Padre have a line of sight on G3 outside the door?

Thanks,
Mack / Joel

Yes, -2 for cover, -1 for medium range.

He's negated the range penalty with his vision mag.
imperialus
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 23 2008, 06:13 AM) *
Anyone know what film was that track from? The fight scenes looked interesting.

Just noticed this. According to the "info" section it's from a movie called "The Gene Generation"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438052/

And you're right, the fight scenes do look pretty cool.

And Joel, Mack's up to bat.
JoelHalpern
Mack's gone.
9P plus net successes minus soak. Given the damage he already took, with any luck that out to finish the SMG guy.

At least I have two more knives for my next IP, if I get it.
imperialus
Ok the gangers are up now. I'll post their actions as soon as I can.
JoelHalpern
Minor question on the SMG.
(It clearly has no effect on the outcome. Just want to make sure I am understanding the mechanics right.)
Knife = Str/2 + 1.
Str for throwing = 15 (9 Str + 6 from 3 power throw) = 9P.
Then three net successes would be 12P?

Thanks,
Joel
imperialus
Stupid math. *shakes fist* right you are. Even with 11P though he'd be dead even if every die came up a six.

in previous editions only success beyond the first increased damage. I must have been running on autopilot. Either that or I just missed a hit when I counted them up.
Dusty Ghost
QUOTE (imperialus @ May 23 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Stupid math. *shakes fist* right you are. Even with 11P though he'd be dead even if every die came up a six.

in previous editions only success beyond the first increased damage. I must have been running on autopilot. Either that or I just missed a hit when I counted them up.

LOL it's bound to happen with the amount of PC and NPC's you have to juggle here. Hell I get confused, and I only have Sweeps to think about. nyahnyah.gif
imperialus
Ok... The gangers turn is about ready to go up. Everyone double check my math. I did a lot of dicerolling in the past 20 minutes so I might have missed something. In fact I know I missed something till I was halfway done. That's why the ganger shooting at Mack has the last die from each of his rolls scratched off. I forgot about the modifier for shooting from cover.

Also remember. I did not factor this in, because it still might change but there are two very important points I need to underscore.

1) each successive dodge (or straight reaction roll) roll in a given IP suffers a -1 modifier.

2) If your armour is equal to the number of net hits after your dodge you only suffer stun damage. This might be a big deal, particularly for Hex since he just got shot 4 times (sorry, they see you as the biggest threat). Also if you get knocked out, or down any successive shots fired in your direction automatically miss. This isn't in the RAW but it makes PbP combat go a lot easier.

Hack and Slash don't make an appearance so this means that we're rolling over into the second Initiative pass. Now's when things get ugly for the gangers, they only had one IP.

Hex, unless your initiative score drops below 12, you're up next. Wait till the damage from the gangers is resolved until you do so though.
Arrgh! just noticed I forgot to factor in Sybercat's distraction on the shooting rolls. Fixed now.
Seraph Kast
Thank god for the distraction, or that might have been worse! grinbig.gif I pretty much envision Hex having ended up near the desk on the side next to the guy who had the SMG, prior to his failure to catch that knife with something less important than his neck. Sorta in cover from most of the room, except for G5 I guess, but his next action is lost due to having gone on full defense.

And no worries, I expected to be shot at a lot...ork's tend to be bullet magnets it seems like. grinbig.gif
JoelHalpern
Beautiful move Hex!
imperialus
Wow... eek.gif *golf clap* that was impressive. I wasn't expecting you to get out of the way of everything.

You forgot to factor in an additional -1 for the final roll but that wouldn't have affected the outcome anyhow.

*note to self include more automatic weapons firing wide bursts for Hex in the future devil.gif
Seraph Kast
Yeah, i fixed that, copy pasted the wrong link on accident.

QUOTE (imperialus @ May 23 2008, 04:50 PM) *
*note to self include more automatic weapons firing wide bursts for Hex in the future devil.gif

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, hehe. I got really lucky too...that first shot literally woulda got me had it not been for Sybercat. Hex owes her a beer! grinbig.gif
Dusty Ghost
Well done Hex! Your dodging bullets!! biggrin.gif

I got stung with a glancing blow, but not hit I think, let me know if I'm wrong!
Seraph Kast
Yep, you're right, if you get an even amount to dodge, they miss.
imperialus
I must admit. Lighting up street gangers is a hell of a lot of fun. It's pretty rare that they are able to do anything more than bruise most PC's and they drop like flies before running away.

Just wait till you come up against some of the runs serious prime runner type opposition though. I've toned them down, but there's still a physad who rolls 17 dice on a full dodge. When my TT group first ran through the adventure the PC's managed to bring him down by suppressing him with an LMG while another PC blew off a limb with a shotgun.
Dusty Ghost
Hey! Stop spoilering! wink.gif

I only say 'cause it's scaring me! LOL

By the way, forgot to +1 reaction for my Jazz hit! LOL! not that it matters..... now any way.

OH WE'RE ALL FORGETTING THE DICE TONIGHT!!
Mickle5125
just a warning... I'm heading out for the evening in about 15 minutes. If my turn rolls around, Imperialus, please go ahead and post for me. I plan on aiming for my first simple action and nailing the doorman with my second simple action (13d6 - conditional mods). After that, Padre'll shoot at any combatant types or otherwise unfriendly types that come near the van or out the door.

In other news, Padre does have adept based mystic armor up (don't know if I need to announce that in game or not).

See you lot either late tonight or tomorrow morning!
imperialus
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 23 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Hey! Stop spoilering! wink.gif

I only say 'cause it's scaring me! LOL

By the way, forgot to +1 reaction for my Jazz hit! LOL! not that it matters..... now any way.

OH WE'RE ALL FORGETTING THE DICE TONIGHT!!

No worries. It happens, especially in combat. It tends to even out in the end. Sometimes you forget to add a die, other times you forget to take one off. It's only a huge deal when PC death is on the line. Chances are the only reason we're even noticing is because we're sitting there staring at our rolls long after their effect has passed. If we were sitting around a table chances are none of us would have noticed anything amiss.
Dusty Ghost
See you lot either late tonight or tomorrow morning!

Have a nice time!
JoelHalpern
Have a good evening Mickle.

Imperialus, would you like to indicate where you think we all ended up. (Particularly, if anyone can walk to a clean shot on the mage, and who actually knows that the Spirit is materializing?)

Sweeps, I think it is your turn, isn't it, since HEx made very good use of his turn not getting hit. (And Hex will get a third turn on the wheel before the bad guys.)

Yours,
Joel / Mack
Dusty Ghost
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 23 2008, 11:41 PM) *
Sweeps, I think it is your turn, isn't it, since HEx made very good use of his turn not getting hit. (And Hex will get a third turn on the wheel before the bad guys.)

Is it! Oh right! I'm on it!! Sorry! My bad!

EDIT:

What about Sybercat?
imperialus
She's going up in two seconds.
Dusty Ghost
QUOTE (imperialus @ May 24 2008, 12:23 AM) *
She's going up in two seconds.

Ah shit! Sorry I just posted early then.

Night all, I'm off to bed. 00:27 here.
imperialus
no worries. She isn't going to affect anything in the firefight.
imperialus
Loki's up.

Well the good news is you can shoot at Pete again. -2 for cover.
Seraph Kast
Wow, more ridiculous luck out of nowhere! You can set the roller to reroll on a specific number, which I did since I spent edge...and got three sixes in a row on one die. This can only mean one thing: I will get killed by something as heroic as falling out of a car later in the story.
JoelHalpern
I appreciate how fast this is moving.
I am heading out to dinner for a few hours.
Thanks,
Joel / Mack
imperialus
QUOTE (Seraph Kast @ May 23 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Wow, more ridiculous luck out of nowhere!

indifferent.gif We so need a *shake fist* smiley. sarcastic.gif

Oh, and Nigel. You forgot to make your reaction/damage resistance roll for the ganger taking a swing at you with the Katana.
JoelHalpern
Back from dinner.
I believe it is Drogue (th Spirit), and the Padre and me?

Imperialus, if it is reasonable could you summarize who is where after the Spirit goes, and let me know whether I am aware of the spirit (I know I did not see it during the first round.)

Yours,
Joel / Mack
imperialus
yep, just sitting down to watch a movie though. Update in a bit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012