THEY have her.

BlueMax
/where THEY can be
// family
/// aliens
//// HC and company
///// time travelers
////// dreaded slashies

You forgot "That evil place you have to go for eight hours a day in order to not lose your house and continue being able to feed yourself."
BlueMax
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 18 2009, 04:04 PM) *
You forgot "That evil place you have to go for eight hours a day in order to not lose your house and continue being able to feed yourself."

Not just myself. For some reason they want me to feed the kids too.

BlueMax
/who do they want me to "Feed the kids to?"
Karoline
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Nov 18 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Not just myself. For some reason they want me to feed the kids too.

BlueMax
/who do they want me to "Feed the kids to?"

/me doesn't have that problem yet biggrin.gif
/me does have the "And do your homework too." problem though.
Trench
Thanks for all the input guys.
Especially Embers, who for some reason hates me with a burning passion as fiery as her name and wreathed in the stinging smoke of Hades. I shall be wary of her hulking Amazonian She-Beast lurking in the shadows with a small knife and a big gun.

But Especially I should thank Karoline, who has supported me despite our similarities.

Ive been poring over the books but I was just guessing at the license money. I havent been able to talk to Keren at all so ive been guessing at the rules. You know with a 4 body i better get the best armor I can carry! 1 piece of PPP cancels out all custom armor?

I mean can you really have a license to carry a 4 foot magic sword with chameleon coating?

"its for gardening"

Incidentally, I just read the rules posted for licenses on forbidden weapons.

Embers
I don't hate you, I'm merly irked.
BlueMax
Let me tell you folks how this should be done. When we took the regional championship in '70, we did it not by having the best players but by having the best team. Lets get this aggression out between us now, fist and make up. The sprawl will be enemy enough for all of us.

Orb
Karoline
Hmm, an interesting little thing about the cost reduction of lifestyle based on eating less:

Free spirits (Which don't have to eat at all) only get a 10% lifestyle cost reduction -or- don't have to buy necessities (if they are using advanced lifestyle)

That 10% reduction is the same amount as someone who simply has to eat less food, so I really think it is silly to give any more than a 10% reduction based on food consumption (though more than 10% increase could be possible if you ate a ton or two)
Ol' Scratch
Out of curiosity, do we have a Chemist/Enchanter in the group? I have some points left over on the alternative character I'd like to play and thought that might be an interesting niche to round him out a bit more.
Karoline
I'm 95% sure that I don't have either of those skills. Actually I'm more like 99% sure I don't have chemistry, and 92% sure that I don't have enchanting.
Generic_PC
I have demolitions, and Chemistry and Chemical Engineering as knowledge skills...

Actual Chemistry, from Arsenal, I don't have.
Ol' Scratch
Okay, cool. Thanks for the hasty response. smile.gif
Karoline
Welcome. Keep hoping Keren will show back up. I'm starting to think something particularly bad has actually happened to her, especially since I haven't even seen her on IMs for quite a while now. Yeah, just over 6 days since she last logged on to her GIM. She'd been kinda quiet for a while before that even, so it might just be that she has gotten fried from work and such and hasn't had time to stop by and say what is up.

Sure hope it is the latter and not something worse. Shame about knowing people online only, if they just vanish you don't know if they died or just stopped showing up or what.
Ol' Scratch
I know what you mean. frown.gif I hope she doesn't suffer from the same curse I do. Every time I go to start a game here, SomethingDreadful™ happens on my side, too. I'm just going to continue wishing the best and just assume her computer and Blackberry were the meteorite's targets when it came crashing through her roof.
pbangarth
I Haven't heard for a while either. Just sent an email to see if K. responds.
Generic_PC
I'm sure that K is fine. Personal issues do, and probably will come up, for all of us. Hopefully, K won't be gone for long.
Ol' Scratch
By the way, if anyone is interested in yakking about the game while we wait to hear word, I can be contacted on Yahoo!Messenger as necrotic_penguin.
Karoline
Woo, go penguins!

Edit: I mean the actual creatures, not any team that might exist.... does a penguins team exist for any sport? I'm sure if linux ever made a company team that's what they'd have to be.
Ol' Scratch
It used to be neurotic_penguin way back when, but I forgot the password (and the associated email address I used to register it). I was sad at losing it. frown.gif I could totally see a neurotic penguin waddling around nervously in my head. But zombie penguins are a pretty close second. I mean. Zombies with little tuxedos. Come on.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 20 2009, 08:27 AM) *
Woo, go penguins!

Edit: I mean the actual creatures, not any team that might exist.... does a penguins team exist for any sport? I'm sure if linux ever made a company team that's what they'd have to be.

Pittsburgh Penguins in the National Hockey League.
Karoline
Figured it would be a hockey team of some kind.
Trench
What has 24 points of recoil reduction, 17 initiative passes, 7.111 points of essence and 10 sneaky feet?

a shadowrun team

Im with you Orb. So everyone in the party can kill silently. The most essential skills are going to be redundant. The point is to stack the odds until you cant lose, so you feel better when the Drek hits.
Generic_PC
And you end up losing anyway...

7.1111 points of essence between a 5 runners is too high. Drop it down to like a 5.2234....
BlueMax
Trippy enough. Orb has 6 Essence. All on his lonesome.

Who has the Buff Spells?

BlueMax
Generic_PC
My Street Samurai has 0.68. You can balance it out. Together, the average is 3.34...

I should have amended that. Any party with a mage will have at least 6.2. Any party with a Social adept drops that to a 5.8. Any party without awakened characters might as well have a 1.6.
Ol' Scratch
My current character has over 5 Essence and my preferred one has a full 6 (and he's not even a mage). smile.gif
Generic_PC
Taking this too far. It was supposed to be a joke.
BlueMax
But Ferris Beueller told us we can never go to far!

BlueMax
/really worried about K
Ol' Scratch
You have something better to talk about while we wait for Kerenshara? biggrin.gif
BlueMax
I propose we hold a bar scene in which none of us know each other. Each person posts about how they walk in, what they would look for and how they would seat themselves and so on.

And that it be done in another thread.

BlueMax
Karoline
That might be cool. A little meet and greet sort of scene that won't ever actually happen, but allows us to get a better feel of each other's character.

Only problem I personally have is that Tempest has two different faces that she shows. Well, maybe more like three. Her real self, her professional self, and her disguised self. Most likely do this as her real self though, that or disguised.

Regardless of my decision, sound like a fun idea. Heck, could even have it actually happen. You know, all our characters just happen to be at the same bar at the same time before they know who one another even are. Hmm... maybe even do a... what is it called? Food fight? run of sorts, though with 8? of us it would be over quick most likely, though that is to some degree the point.

Wish we knew when Keren was coming back. My guess would be not till after the holidays frown.gif (Thanksgiving for those not in the US) Maybe just before them if she gets time off. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I am getting kinda really worried though.
BlueMax

Volunteer Craziness!!!!
Thread up, May Keren forgive me
pbangarth
GMs should feel lucky to have such proactive players.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 21 2009, 02:28 PM) *
GMs should feel lucky to have such proactive players.

Yeah, if I had it I'd run us through food fight just to see a bit of what our characters can do biggrin.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 21 2009, 02:24 PM) *
Yeah, if I had it I'd run us through food fight just to see a bit of what our characters can do biggrin.gif

I'd be up for it. How about we give the Bar scene until Monday night?
Then you hit us with FoodFight across the next week?

BlueMax
Karoline
I don't have FoodFight though frown.gif
Generic_PC
The quick start rules have a copy in them.
JoelHalpern
I just heard from Kerenshara. She is alive, if overworked. Apparently, the week has been so busy there simply was not time to open the laptop, much less check dumpshock.

Expect updates tomorrow.

Joel
pbangarth
It ... it .... lives!
Ol' Scratch
Damn. I lost 100 bucks. frown.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Nov 21 2009, 09:39 PM) *
Damn. I lost 100 bucks. frown.gif

And I win 100 bucks biggrin.gif

Also, woo! Hurray for Keren not having been killed by a meteor or whatever smile.gif

Won't have to find the FoodFight stuff then.

Edit: Unless she wants me to if she is going to be a while till she can start doing much.

Edit2: I am working on the bar post, but at my parents for Thanksgiving already, so nights tend to be games or talking or whatever for family time.
Ol' Scratch
You did not win! You said she was dead or something!

And yeah, I'm in the same boat with my post. Very distracting over here now that my daughter came home from college to visit for the next two weeks. She's psychotic.
Karoline
Oh yeah, I said dead/injured, then I said about orb's comment that it was likely work that had her.
Karoline
Trench, you need to work on your use of pronouns. I had alot of trouble following who was being referred to at times. Also, something about the entire post seemed to flow oddly, had to read it 2-3 times to figure out what was happening. Sorry to come out bashing you like that but I figured it was best to mention it. Trying to critique in a possibly helpful way, not just attack you.

Also, could you not do that blackout thing? The affect is really lost when I have to highlight the text to read it. Maybe just using black letters would work well.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds harsh, would type more but my keyboard is giving me problems again.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 22 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Edit: Sorry if this sounds harsh, would type more but my keyboard is giving me problems again.

Well, with all that bashing, no wonder the keyboard is acting up! wink.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 22 2009, 12:29 PM) *
Well, with all that bashing, no wonder the keyboard is acting up! wink.gif

nyahnyah.gif

That aside, I won't have my bar post up for a while, either until I can take my computer in to get fixed or it decides to start working properly like that (It is tempermental. The problem kind of comes and goes. Like it is mostly gone while I am typing this, but was horrid on anoter pot I did a few second ago an now it i actin up aain.)
Embers
Kinda pervy there mister chameleon. I'll work on getting my own post up.
Trench
Thx for the tips Karoline. Apparently Im the only one on the forums that thinks blackout is cool. You can read it once without the blackout text and once with. Ill edit for clarity. The idea is, if you just read the open text, you dont know anything illegal happened.

Oh and bTw Effect not Affect nyahnyah.gif

Embers - Glad you liked it. Pervy? Oh the cheap feel? Well i didnt want to go on and on in detail but there were no complaints to be issued. Maybe he knew that girl, or maybe she was already drunk or dressed really slutty. I seem to recall a strip scene in one of the major threads that had way more steam.
Ol' Scratch
It's meant for spoilers, actually, since you have to highlight it to see it. You never get to "read it once without the blackout text" as far as I know unless you're quoting it or something.
Karoline
QUOTE (Trench @ Nov 22 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Embers - Glad you liked it. Pervy? Oh the cheap feel? Well i didnt want to go on and on in detail but there were no complaints to be issued. Maybe he knew that girl, or maybe she was already drunk or dressed really slutty. I seem to recall a strip scene in one of the major threads that had way more steam.

Doesn't mean the character isn't a perv for doing so wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
I cheated a little and did my IC post with my alternative character. >.> I'm a bad person, but I really think I'll have more fun playing him. I have a short blurb on him available here if anyone's interested, though it doesn't go into much detail just yet. If I had to write him up in the shorthand we've been using, he'd probably be:

Primary Role: Negotiation/Logistics
Special: Social Adept
Secondary Roles: Investigation

Assuming the roles are the ones described in Runner's Companion at any rate. smile.gif In more traditional parlance he's pretty much a Face with some rounding out and quasi-military training as a former Knight of the Red Branch (what the IRA basically became after Tir na n'Og was formed).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012