Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caracas: Hole in the Heart
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Mister Juan
Also, I'm not completely sure what the Glitch will do so... I apologize in advance nyahnyah.gif

Grenade scatter should be 0, since airburst link makes it 1d6-hits (and with 6 hits... well, you get the point).
DrZaius
Should I move the other meet forward, or wait for this combat scene first? Do I hear machine guns, and grenade launchers nearby? cyber.gif

-DrZ
Doc Chase
I suppose it depends on rule interpretation, but I counted 7/15 which isn't quite half.

But I'm nowhere near an impartial observer. nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Aug 12 2010, 08:38 PM) *
I suppose it depends on rule interpretation, but I counted 7/15 which isn't quite half.

But I'm nowhere near an impartial observer. nyahnyah.gif

Really? For some reason, I had counted 8 indifferent.gif I knew I should've finished elementary school instead of doing all that crack...
Combat Mage
Quick let's add a penalty, like shooting from cover or something. I wanna see a grenade launcher glitch! biggrin.gif
Rastus
It's not as cool as a rocket launcher glitching. Anybody ever play Far Cry 2 and had the RPG misfire on them? It's awesome. The stabilizer fins snap off in the launcher tube and the rocket itself starts spinning really fast on the ground just two feet ahead of you.
Rystefn
QUOTE (Rastus @ Aug 13 2010, 02:09 AM) *
It's not as cool as a rocket launcher glitching. Anybody ever play Far Cry 2 and had the RPG misfire on them? It's awesome. The stabilizer fins snap off in the launcher tube and the rocket itself starts spinning really fast on the ground just two feet ahead of you.

Just like in real life...

Seriously, that cheap Russian crap is dangerous.
Rastus
QUOTE (Rystefn @ Aug 12 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Just like in real life...

Seriously, that cheap Russian crap is dangerous.

The other things that Far Cry 2 teaches you is that guns will eventually explode after enough misfires, and that machine guns catching on fire after a minute of continuous shooting is only a temporary nuissance and not really that big a deal. Oh, and that everybody in Africa will shoot you when you're outside of town. Always. Without exception.

To it's credit, the game is one of the few that actually take into account for rocket launcher backblast. It can kill people and set ablaze any dry vegitation behind you.
Mister Juan
This is sort of off topic, but everyone NEEDS to see this.

Deus Ex 3 : Human Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqYBKZRg5I

I just jizzed in my pants. Twice.
Rastus
That video is old news. Fun fact though; the guys making that game have stated that the part at the end where Alex punches through a wall to necksnap an unaware enemy will be an actual in-game ability.

And now I'm pretty sure you're going to be itching to have Dex do that at least once.
Abschalten
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Aug 12 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Should I move the other meet forward, or wait for this combat scene first? Do I hear machine guns, and grenade launchers nearby? cyber.gif

-DrZ

By all means go ahead with the meet. I'll introduce the sounds of gunfire and whatnot at the appropriate time. smile.gif
Abschalten
I rolled for scatter. On a 1d6, I got a 1. 1 - 1 of your six net hits was 0 scatter. Dead on balls accurate. As per the old SR4 scatter rules, hits beyond those required to get the scatter to 0 add to the DV. I think you had a final DV of something like 15. Smiley alone had done 8 out of 13 boxes of damage to the car, meaning Dexter did the remaining 5 and then some. Oh, and the driver got zero hits to defend against the grenade. Game over.

Yeah, that car was way, way fucked.

Edit: Gah, doing a side-by-side comparison of SR4's scatter rules vs. the SR4A changes. Man, these new rules are such fucking shit I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Who the fuck thought these "improvements" were necessary at all?
Rystefn
QUOTE (Rastus @ Aug 13 2010, 02:46 AM) *
The other things that Far Cry 2 teaches you is that guns will eventually explode after enough misfires, and that machine guns catching on fire after a minute of continuous shooting is only a temporary nuissance and not really that big a deal. Oh, and that everybody in Africa will shoot you when you're outside of town. Always. Without exception.

To it's credit, the game is one of the few that actually take into account for rocket launcher backblast. It can kill people and set ablaze any dry vegitation behind you.

I had the players in my old tabletop SR game seriously consider loading rocket launchers with dummy rounds, turning them backwards and using them as disposable, one-shot flamethrowers after I explained to them the house rules for backblast from rockets... but this is the same team that used a fake sexual harassment seminar to infiltrate a chemical plant and who did a HALO jump in Tir na nOg wearing kilts and blasting Queen out of concert-grade speakers, so there's no accounting for what weird crap they'll come up with... the backwards dummy rocket thing was almost normal.
Combat Mage
Wow SR4 let net hits add to grenade damage? eek.gif
I seriously need to pick up the Heavy Weapons skill with Sangre. biggrin.gif
Combat Mage
Jump test to get on Smiley's car:
14d6.hits(5) → [5,1,3,3,6,2,6,5,4,3,4,4,3,6] = (5)

That means a vertical jump of 3 meters, should be enough to get on the car. smile.gif

Jump test to jump over the wrecked car:
14d6.hits(5) → [4,6,5,3,3,5,6,1,2,4,3,2,2,5] = (5)

That's a horizontal jump of 5 meters from the stand, should be enough to get over the wreck.

Sprint test to go faster:
9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,1,2,6,5,2,2,4] = (2)
Mister Juan
@Rastus
GMC Bulldog Step-Van (Van) Handling 0; Accel 5/10; Speed 90
Pilot 3; Body 16; Armor 10, Sensor 1
Response 3; Firewall 3; System 3
+Morphing License Plate
+Spoof Chip
+Concealed Armor +10
+Personal Armor +5
+Weapon Mount (Reinforced/Concealed/Heavy Turret/Manual+Remote Control)
+Stoner-Ares M202
+Ammo Bins
+Rigger adaptation

And yes, first opportunity Dexter gets, he will punch through a wall to grab someone wink.gif After all, his first 2 in game kills were through a wall....
Rastus
So Abs didn't tell you how much ammo or what kind the Stoner has? Be some seriously irony if it didn't have a single bullet.

Abs? A question needth answering... -ith.
Abschalten
The description of the ammo bins says they can hold like 250 rounds. The rounds came out of an ammo faucet.
Mister Juan
Let's just assume it has 250 rds of regular ammo wink.gif
Abschalten
That's the type of ammo that comes out of the ammo faucet. smile.gif

I'll give everyone in Group Two a chance to respond so I can see what they're doing, before I push the action forward for that team.
Rastus
If Doc and Marty don't step on it, I'm snatching the keys and going anyway. To hell with this sitting and waiting bit. There's things to shoot and explosions to cause.
Abschalten
For clarity, Group One is literally "right down the street" from Group Two. That's why the sounds of the gunbattle are so pronounced.

And for Group One, no Perception test needed to see the haircuts on those guys in the back of the sedan. That one's a freebie. smile.gif
Mister Juan
I was just looking at Dexter's character sheet and I've realized something; I have no clue what to spend his karma on, beside maybe giving him the "Assault Rifle" spec for Automatics.

I am somewhat tempted to give him Off Hand Training and Two Weapon Fighting... but seeing as he tends to carry something like 3 guns on him at all times, it wouldn't be really necessary.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've just realized Dexter is the only character with the First Aid skill indifferent.gif
Combat Mage
Healing is for sissies! Real men just bleed!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Combat Mage @ Aug 13 2010, 08:49 PM) *
Healing is for sissies! Real men just bleed!

Well, I know who's going in the door first now wink.gif
Rastus
Not only are you the only guy with First Aid, but you're also the only one with Demolitions and Leadership. Wouldn't hurt to give Demo a small boost seeing as you currently only have 6 dice in that.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Rastus @ Aug 13 2010, 08:54 PM) *
Not only are you the only guy with First Aid, but you're also the only one with Demolitions and Leadership. Wouldn't hurt to give Demo a small boost seeing as you currently only have 6 dice in that.

You expect us to blow a lot of shit up? wink.gif
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Rastus @ Aug 14 2010, 01:54 AM) *

Sonora has Leadership.
Abschalten
Man, that last post with Sonora brought a tear to my eye. I could feel her numbness and shock coming off the screen. Good show, man. Good show.
Rastus
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 13 2010, 09:00 PM) *
You expect us to blow a lot of shit up? wink.gif

It's more a question of what we won't blow up.

Also, ya'll realize that out of the eight of us, only Smiley know's how to use vehicle mounted weapons? I just have this mental picture of Coatl yelling something like "It's Clobberin' Time!" and trying to make a dramatic entrance with the mounted MG, only to fail to open the concealed doors and deploy the damn thing.

Still though, unmounted that thing oughta be damn handy. Marty, raise Coatl's Heavy Weapons skill to 3 and take the MG spec. You'll be glad you did later.
Abschalten
@Mister Juan and Combat Mage
Just what it says on the tin. I'd like a Reaction+Dodge roll from both of you, with a +2 modifier.

If you guys would like to speed things along, you can go ahead and roll a Damage Resistance Test in the event you don't clear the blast. AP will be -2 on that if you do.

You are 30 meters from the building, and Dexter is 2 meters behind Sam.
Combat Mage
Rocket blasts are sokaed with impact armor right?

Gymnastic Dodge:
Reaction 9 + Gymnastics 1 + Snythacardium 3 + Bonus 2 = 15 Dice
15d6.hits(5) → [3,1,6,6,1,1,3,2,4,5,2,3,1,5,4] = (4) Damn I think this roll was kinda important. wink.gif

Edit: Decided to edge it, rockets hurt: (2/3 Edge remaining)
11d6.hits(5) → [2,1,5,1,5,4,2,1,1,6,1] = (3)

That gives me 7 hits on the dodge.

Damage Soak:
Body 5 + Impact 7 - AP 2 = 10 Dice
10d6.hits(5) → [6,3,2,5,5,2,6,3,2,6] = (5)

Forgot my Dermal Plating:
2d6.hits(5) → [3,2] = (0) Doesn't change it.

Remind me to visit an armorer for some more armor.^^
Doc Chase
I can tell that First Aid and a medkit are in my future...

...Possibly also with some Longarms skill and a specialization in bolt-action rifles.
Abschalten
I hope those of you who were wanting more explosions are happy now that you're getting them. smile.gif
Mister Juan
Reaction (5) + Dodge (3) + Range Spec (2) + Bonus (2)
Dicepool: 12
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2650121/
Rolls: 5,2,4,1,3,6,2,6,3,1,1,3 : 3 hits

Damage Soak (Impact)
Body 5 + Toughness 1 + Bone Density 2 + Impact Armor 8 - AP 2
Dicepool: 14
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2650122/
Rolls: 4,4,2,2,1,2,1,5,3,6,1,5,2,2 : 3 hits

If for some reason, the Dodge roll wasn't enough to clear the blast, I'll use my remaining point of Edge to reroll failiures on the Damage Soak
Dicepool: 11
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2650123/
Rolls: 1,3,3,5,1,6,5,5,5,6,6 : 7 hits
Now why couldn't get that on the dodge roll?
Total hits for damage soak if Dodge didn't succeed: 10 hits

Abschalten
Since you used your point of Edge on the Dodge roll, Combat Mage, you can't get it back. But Mister Juan got enough on his Dodge to avoid the rocket, so he didn't take any damage, and thus didn't need to roll DRT or use that point of Edge he used. So Mister Juan, you get that one back.

No damage to either of you. You survived! Congratulations!

Update coming right up.

Edit: Wasn't too happy with the arrangement of that last post, so I made a few organizational edits and fluffed up some other stuff with more details.
Combat Mage
Guess I wastd a point of edge. Well that's life.

How far are we now from the building the guy is on?
Rastus
Dunno if Smiley can deploy the thing AND fire before the sniper goes OSHIT and runs, but what the hey, let's make a roll anyway?

Agility 4 + Gunnery(Ballistic) 4(6) = 10 dice, full-auto wide burst(no recoil thanks to vehicle mount rules)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,3,2,1,4,4,4,2,3,3] = (0)

Are you fucking kidding me? Eat shit Invisible Castle, you used to be cool. What happened to you, man?
Mister Juan
Dexter will kick the door down. Unless the first thing we hit is a staircase, he'll move immediatley right upon entering the room. Hopefully, something will kick in the back of Sam's brain and he'll take the left wink.gif
Rastus
You know, in addition to a bodycount, we should see if we could keep track of all the property damage we end up causing. Betcha we'll be in the seven-digits zone before the two groups finally unite.
Rastus
It's been over a day and nothing has happened at all: Must be the weekend. It'd be nice if DrZaius, Lamhslea, and Rystefn came to invesitage all the noise. Don't be shy boys, those explosions aren't grenades and rockets, it's just candy being made! Candy for all!
Abschalten
I've kept my eye on the thread, but I can't write if everyone else doesn't post.

And yeah, Group One should go look and see what's up, you know, get involved in the chaos. wink.gif
Doc Chase
Been a touch busy this weekend rearranging mein haus, I'll post when able. nyahnyah.gif
Rystefn
Sorry. Forgot to warn you, but I was in Canada this weekend. I'll post something tonight, once I'm caught up and find a way to justify Mono running towards guns and explosions rather than away.
Abschalten
Wheee!

@Mister Juan and Combat Mage
Give me two Running+Strength rolls, each of you. The first is for you to go up the stairs and see how fast you do so. The second is your Running (Long Distance)+Strength roll, to see if you guys take any Fatigue damage.

Rystefn
Give me three Agility+Gymnastics rolls. This is to see how quickly you get up to that rooftop using your various tricks.
Rystefn
Agility 6 + Gymnastics 4 = 10 dice
10d6.hits(5) → [3,4,3,5,5,5,6,3,2,1] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,1,5,4,5,1,6,5,2,2] = (5)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,2,3,2,1,3,2,3,5,1] = (1)

Two good rolls, one bad roll, overall exactly average. Can't complain too much.
Combat Mage
Strength 5 + Running 1 + Synthacardium 3 = 9 Dice

Stairs: 9d6.hits(5) → [6,1,5,2,4,3,5,1,6] = (4)

Long Distance: 9d6.hits(5) → [3,3,6,1,2,4,4,2,6] = (2)
Mister Juan
Running Tests
Strength 6 + Running 2 + Synthacardium 1 = 9
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2652320/
3,4,5,2,2,3,4,2,3 = 1 hit
5,5,2,4,3,5,3,1,6 = 4 hits

Sorry it took me so long! Had a pretty intense weekend.

Dexter will switch his radar on, and let Sangre go first through the door.
Mister Juan
If Dexter is close enough to Sangre, he'll literally get his cyber arm around his waist and pull him away from the door wink.gif

If he's too far away, he'll just yell "HOLD!" and slam himself against the wall to get some cover.
Abschalten
QUOTE (Rastus @ Jul 9 2010, 05:23 PM) *
Hey man, I can now at least admit that we got lucky. Plus I remember that you did say you made that SpecOps team weaker because you thought we weren't up to taking them on. Well, at least you won't have to make that mistake this time considering the people we have now. Just remember: Use grenades, have a sniper, and make sure they keep behind cover.

I quoted this little bit by Rastus, something he wrote back when we first got rolling.

I hope I have lived up to your lofty standards there, pal. wink.gif

@Dexter
Gimme an Agility+Reaction roll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012