Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberzombie for a Freaks Campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
WhiskeyJohnny
Ok, so I'm still working on the list (this takes me so much time, I'm not even sure why) but I was wondering about taking the Cybereye enhancements but not Cybereyes themselves. The reason for this would be twofold - first, it takes up more Essence that way, and second, I could take the Extravagent Eyes Negative Quality since I'm going to SURGE. Does this seem like an optimal thing to do? Would I end up taking up too much Essence this way?
Manunancy
One thought about your target essence : I don't know how much of it carreid over into 4th ED, but a -6 essence zombie in SR2 and 3 was definitevely a short-lived proposition : just about every disadvantage and penalty was scaled with the negative essence, and so were the difficulties for for fixing the problems.

Willpower and damage oveflow amongst others were hit real hard at -6 essence, the odds for problems (mental and physical) were very high and the difficulty to fix them extreme.

If SR4's the same, you will need to be either very cautious or to have acess to some sort of delta-grade clinic. Preferably one with acess to a trained cybermantic staff. Or you'll need a hefty pile of GM handwaving to compensate the lack.
--------------------------------
Edit : I had a look at augmentation, and it turns out it's declination of the cyberzombie is way better off - in particular there's no longer a reduction in willpower and overflow damage, nor fo you get the tests for incurable cancer or the spirit wandering away.
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Feb 5 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Ok, so I'm still working on the list (this takes me so much time, I'm not even sure why) but I was wondering about taking the Cybereye enhancements but not Cybereyes themselves. The reason for this would be twofold - first, it takes up more Essence that way, and second, I could take the Extravagent Eyes Negative Quality since I'm going to SURGE. Does this seem like an optimal thing to do? Would I end up taking up too much Essence this way?

Taking up the individual eye ware can be done, it will just eat up a whole lot of essence. Total up the essence cost of everything you want and figure out what other things you have to drop to do it. No biggy. If you give me some idea of what you want/don't want, I'll build up a list that should be very close and you can just tweak it.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Feb 6 2011, 01:49 AM) *
One thought about your target essence : I don't know how much of it carreid over into 4th ED, but a -6 essence zombie in SR2 and 3 was definitevely a short-lived proposition : just about every disadvantage and pnelaty were scaled with the negative essence, and so were the difficulties for for fixing the problems.

Willpower and damage oveflow amongst others were hit real hard at -6 essence, the odds for problems (mental and physical) were very high and the difficulty to fix them extreme.

If SR4's the same, you will need to be either very cautious or to have avess to some sort of delta-grade clinic. Preferably one with acess to a trained cybermantic staff. Or you'll need a hefty pile of GM handwaving to compensate the lack.
--------------------------------
Edit : I had a look at augmentation, and it turns out it's declination of the cyberzombie is way better off - in particular there's no longer a reduction in willpower and overflow damage, nor fo you get the tests for incurable cancer or the spirit wandering away.

Actually, that seems to have changed. And the Vamp has like a 6 in Psychology, so that should be able to help with the "eventually goes crazy" issues.

QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 6 2011, 07:32 AM) *
Taking up the individual eye ware can be done, it will just eat up a whole lot of essence. Total up the essence cost of everything you want and figure out what other things you have to drop to do it. No biggy. If you give me some idea of what you want/don't want, I'll build up a list that should be very close and you can just tweak it.

I'll do that then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012