Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Shadowrun video game announced!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sengir
Wow, somebody did the 10k pledge eek.gif
Stahlseele
WHAT! O.O
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 4 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Wow, somebody did the 10k pledge eek.gif

Guess CanRay really was desperate grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
*snickers* ^^
Adarael
Mitch Gitelmen gets pelted by vegetables for Shadowrun 2007.
(Mitch is a nice guy, AND a great sport. I am totally unsurprised he did this.)
Paul
I might be the only person who just doesn't care about a Shadowrun video game. Call me if they write an actual RPG, but I didn't play the first Shadowrun video game and I won't play this one.
Stahlseele
Hell, i'd be happy enough if this were on the Fallout Tactics Engine!
Sengir
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Apr 4 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Guess CanRay really was desperate grinbig.gif

Mike Mu... should hope it was CanRay and not some Sheik from Farawayestan biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
Hmm, wonder if Pegasus Games might have . .
tete
QUOTE (coolgrafix @ Apr 4 2012, 06:26 PM) *
They did, technically speaking, say Tom Dowd. As in he will be providing story content.

Search for "Dowd" at the Kickstarter page.

I mean for comming to my home town to run a game...
CanRay
Like I have US$10K sitting around. I wish I did... No, I kicked in a much more modest amount, but more than the minimum.

Let's just say that I'll never leave home without DocWagon ever again. wink.gif
Stahlseele
i wonder if somebody actually did the 10k pledge and told them to go to your house for a game . .
if i had that kind of money, i would have done that ^^ nyahnyah.gif

I went for the Doc Wagon Gold Card.
Stahlseele
There's an update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161326...n-returns/posts
CanRay
I want to see the 2007 Shadowrun guy pelted some more.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 4 2012, 10:23 PM) *
I want to see the 2007 Shadowrun guy pelted some more.

And now i both know your full name and what you look like o.o
Mirilion
Kickstarted

This made me happy
Sengir
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2012, 09:03 PM) *
I went for the Doc Wagon Gold Card.

You read the disclaimer, did you? nyahnyah.gif

Having private insurance, I'm somewhat disappointed...
Stahlseele
I did.
But the disclaimer you mean is at the platinum card nyahnyah.gif ^^

If i thought i was any good with level/run-designs, i would have gone for the 250$ pledge too . .

And a second 10k pledge o.o
binarywraith
QUOTE (coolgrafix @ Apr 4 2012, 09:58 AM) *
Erf! Good eye. Patrick.

But why!? Why? Assuming it's an IP issue until otherwise informed. Because otherwise... why? =)

Because Shadowrun was better before the bullshit AR stuff.

There. I said it. grinbig.gif

QUOTE (coolgrafix @ Apr 4 2012, 11:56 AM) *
And thus begins The Great Re-release. I would love to take folks thru Harlequin, UB, etc. with the new rules, but too much work. Perhaps our friends at Catalyst intend to release updated classic modules to take advantage of the 2050 sourcebook. Otherwise, why bother? =)

Actually, this might be the one thing that gets me to take another shot at running SR4A. Give me non-houserules to bring back deckers and the mage/shaman divide ala 2050, and it might be worth switching up for the rules streamlining.

Either way, kicked in some cred on this.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Apr 4 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Because Shadowrun was better before the bullshit AR stuff.

There. I said it. grinbig.gif

You are a bit late to THAT particular party. You are right though ^^

Also: they are going to crack 200k on the first day if this keeps up o.o
Patrick Goodman
Current rate, they're going to crack $200K before I finish this post; they were at $198K and change when I started....
remmus
QUOTE (ggodo @ Apr 4 2012, 05:23 PM) *
They won't take paypal! They won't take my money!

actually I asked them on the kickstarter page and they do plan to set up a seperate paypal option.
Bull
Mike Mulvihill and Co asked a few of us to help field questions for the Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter project. Note, I'm not involved with it at this point, and I can't actually answer any questions. Outside of getting a heads up this was coming a couple days ago, I know no more than any of you do so far smile.gif

that said, look for the Questions thread, which I will be creating shortly. Questions may not get answered in that thread (I imagine they'll appear on the Kickstarter page as FAQ updates), and I request that you keep all conversation confined to this (or other) threads, and keep that thread clear so that it's easy for the Shadowrun Returns guys to find your questions.

Bull
Stahlseele
And they cracked 50% on day one!
remmus
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2012, 11:40 PM) *
And they cracked 50% on day one!

bods well ^^
Stahlseele
wish i were rich enough to basically fund something like this alone . .
i'd have funded both this and SRO <.<
why are there not more nerdy millionaires into gaming? ._.
Demonseed Elite
I love this idea. Love it.
Paul
On the one hand I can't believe everyone is this excited about a video game,let alone an FPS. Then I remember everyone else likes video games. So the question I have is do any of you see this diverting attention, funds or investment from the Table Top Game? Because that's what I love, and if i were going to donate that's what I'd donate too.

I get everyone's really excited, so i'm sure someone will just be like "Jeesh Paul sure is a stick int he mud!" But all I want is the game I love supported, not the video game that pales in comparison to the actual experience of gaming. Why pretend to be a Street Samurai in your basement on your PC when you can sit at the table and do it with friends, some cold libations and snacks?
JonathanC
QUOTE (Paul @ Apr 4 2012, 03:56 PM) *
On the one hand I can't believe everyone is this excited about a video game,let alone an FPS. Then I remember everyone else likes video games. So the question I have is do any of you see this diverting attention, funds or investment from the Table Top Game? Because that's what I love, and if i were going to donate that's what I'd donate too.

I get everyone's really excited, so i'm sure someone will just be like "Jeesh Paul sure is a stick int he mud!" But all I want is the game I love supported, not the video game that pales in comparison to the actual experience of gaming. Why pretend to be a Street Samurai in your basement on your PC when you can sit at the table and do it with friends, some cold libations and snacks?

1. Why do you think that this is an FPS, when every time someone talks about it, they mention that it is an RPG, and the Kickstarter page describes it as an RPG with tactical combat?

2. Why would playing the videogame and playing the RPG be mutually exclusive? I run Shadowrun every week, and I still play videogames.

3. There is nothing stopping you from donating money to Catalyst if you want to support further pen and paper development (A Shadowrun product similar to Paizo's upcoming Bestiary Box would be awesome).
Stahlseele
This will be a 2D(no, not a typo) RPG with turn based game play . .
think fallout1/2/tactics here . .
Paul
I'm no video game expert, so forgive me if I'm mis-describing it.

I don't think that playing the video games means you have to exclude playing the RPG but if my experiences tell me anything it's way easier for people to play World Of Warcraft tan it is to get a D&D game together. This, at first glance, reminds me a little of that sort of scenario. I'm not saying this has to be the case, or that this is some hhow the doom of the industry-rather just pointing out something that kind of bugs me a little. Sorry if that makes me some sort grognard.(I admit up front my bias against video games-I just don't play them that much. I'm not down on people who do-how you use your free time is your choice.)

And finally if Shadowrun organizes a "Kick-starter" I'll gladly kick in. I buy pretty much all of their products-I'm even considering caving on my long standing bias against Missions stuff.
Paul
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2012, 06:13 PM) *
This will be a 2D(no, not a typo) RPG with turn based game play . .
think fallout1/2/tactics here . .

I've never played either of those games. Is it similar to Vice City? I don't PC Game. Hell, I don't even do gaming systems. So I'm way out of the loop on the lingo.
Stahlseele
Vice City . . is a 3D 3rd Person Real time game and . . wait a second . . wait . . just . . wait . . what . . back up . .
HOW CAN THERE STILL BE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINAL FALLOUT! @.@
Paul
I get all the real violence I need at work. The rest I get from movies and RPG's. Video games not that interesting to me, plus a few years back I had someone try to break my right hand at work. So now my hand is a little jacked up, which means when I do play video games it starts hurting after a while. (I don't do much hand writing these days because of it actually.)

But I'll look it up.
DeathStrobe
QUOTE (Paul @ Apr 4 2012, 11:20 PM) *
I've never played either of those games. Is it similar to Vice City? I don't PC Game. Hell, I don't even do gaming systems. So I'm way out of the loop on the lingo.

Think of it more like chess. A strategy game, you take turns, and the rules will be a little more complex and less abstract.
Paul
Thanks. I'll do some reading on this. I'm not trying to be down on the video game, rather just expressing my love for the RPG!
Stahlseele
Fallout is an post apocalyptic turn based RPG in isometric view. It has the meanest sense of humor you will find in the history of gaming. And so. many. nerdy. references!
Elfenlied
I hope the combat gameplay will be akin to Jagged Alliance 2 (not the new turd remake).
Draco18s
This game might end up separating me from a thousand of my hard earned dollars.

God damn them. *Shakes fist*
Mirilion
2 backers get to enjoy the 10000$+ reward...
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2012, 04:47 PM) *
wish i were rich enough to basically fund something like this alone . .
i'd have funded both this and SRO <.<
why are there not more nerdy millionaires into gaming? ._.
When I sent the link to my family (Because, well, they share my love of the hobby even if they don't game), and my Mother was going, "Damn I wish we were rich to get that last one."

So, in another dimension, where I'm rich, I'm eagerly awaiting that damned game to start!
Elfenlied
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 5 2012, 01:04 AM) *
So, in another dimension, where I'm rich, I'm eagerly awaiting that damned game to start!

In another dimension, you'd actually get to play, but you'd never get to DM. nyahnyah.gif
Maxwell Silverhammer
It's been up on Kickstarter now for around 13hours.... and is now 65 % funded.... Took me about 10 second to justify a car payments worth of a pledge. This so makes my week..
ShadowDragon8685
You know, I wouldn't mind a Shadowrun FPS, if it were actually Shadowrun and not something completely different with the Shadowrun logo tacked on. I'd love to see AR in full first-person realization, the overlay of a Smartgun Link when I blow a hole some poor fragger's chest, or project into the Astral (the game will have Astral Projection, right?) and go toe-to-toe with a big nasty spirit armed with only my wits and my weapon focus.

Anyway, wow. Two people have already stumped for the 10K one? Wow.
Bull
Paul: From what i can tell, they're aiming to capture the style and some of the gameplay of the SNES game.

you can check it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy-bSsnsTrg

(And I promise, Youtube link is NOT a Rick Roll!)

And dammit, I completely forgot I wanted to stat up Jake Armitage for the Spril Fools Street Legends book! Ahh well... next year. smile.gif

Bull
Bull
Since this has come up a couple times, Mike expanded on their comment from teh FAQ rearding paypal:

From Mike Mulvihill @ HBS:
First thank you if you have donated!

We cannot accept Paypal donations until we have reached our minimum pledge of the $400,000, simply because PayPal does not allow us to return money once collected (just incase we don't make our goal). Therefore the sooner we hit $400,000 the sooner Paypal turns on and the sooner international fans of Shadowrun can donate. We are sorry about the confusion. Continue to check out the Kickstarter page and check our FAQ at the bottom of the page for other common questions.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161326...ns?ref=category
silva
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 4 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Paul: From what i can tell, they're aiming to capture the style and some of the gameplay of the SNES game.

AWESOME ! The SNES game atmosphere is terrific! (plus its Noir-jazz music rock! )

And dammit, I completely forgot I wanted to stat up Jake Armitage for the Spril Fools Street Legends book! Ahh well... next year. smile.gif

Once I had Jake Armitage as my pet mary sue NPC.

But hey, everyone must have did this at some point, right ?
CanRay
QUOTE (silva @ Apr 4 2012, 10:25 PM) *
But hey, everyone must have did this at some point, right ?

BASTARDS THE LOT OF YOU!
Trigger
Holy crap, they are at around 80% of their funding and it hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet. As soon as I can scrape together some money I am going for the $60 tier. It is what I would pay for a console game, and I want this way more than any console game I have played.
nezumi
Oh god... i can't breathe ... where's the paper bag??

Oh no! And two of the 'play with Mike Mulvihill slots are already taken!!! Who can I kill in the next day to get that sort of scratch? (Also, anyone know if he's planning to run SR4? I don't play SR4.)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012