Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Fight Night
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Soluna
Ok Dash, "fried meat smell"...ewwwww..."confusing the hell out of me"....not hard smile.gif
Soluna
Intelligence check to see which thing comes first: the mag or the biometric:

17 05 05 04 03 01
Dashifen
Your best guess is handprint then card.
paul_HArkonen
just for simplicity Slash grabbed the guard who had the radio.
Soluna
Perception:
08 05 04 04 03 02

I want to know if there is any activity at all beyond the door. I do have hearing amp and vision mag if those are necessary.
Dashifen
We waiting on anything specific or just having a slow week?
Nikoli
Perception:
21 9 9 5 4 4 3 3 1 1
Dashifen
Soluna -- the window was just for you, hun love.gif

Nikoli - I considered that 21 enough to give you a little bit more infor -- plus considering there were 6 successes there if we go by a TN 4 for an intelligence test, I'd say you did pretty well.
Shadow
Dash,

are we inside the barrier yet? If so I am going to go astral and take a peek inside the door.
Soluna
Thanks so much sweetie. nyahnyah.gif Here's Electronics B/R for the handprint device: 09 04 02 01 01 01 and do I need to do an Electronics test to hook up a dataline tap? If so here's the roll: 10 04 01 01. BTW Nikoli, do you have a dataline tap or do you want me to use mine (rating 6).
Dashifen
Unfortunately, rating 6 isn't high enough for Ikarus. The Dataline Tap rating has to be greater than or equal to the decker (or in this case the otaku's) MPCP. Since Ikarus's MPCP is 8 -- do you have one at the correct rating? If not, maybe we can "limit" your MPCP to 6 for the tap and lower your matrix attributes as necessary if you want to. Or, you could go with option B which is to go back and grab a guard for their hand wink.gif

@Shadow: Right now you are outside the barrier -- you can go through both doors or out into the main gym area (heading south). However, you can't head north at all. The ward extends along the north wall of the hallway.
TinkerGnome
Were there any other doors out of the stairwell? If so, Corbin will slide back to guard the rear of the group.
Dashifen
Nope. Just the door you came through into this little hallway.
Nikoli
You'll need to use yours.
Shadow
I am not sure what the order will be, but I am going to provide spell defence to who ever goes through the door first.
Dashifen
I'll need stealths from those going through the door.

Spell defense noted -- how many dice?.
Shadow
Bah, I knew you were going to ask that. I'll give him three.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Shadow)
Bah, I knew you were going to ask that. I'll give him three.

So noted biggrin.gif
TinkerGnome
Corbin's on the lookout for security stuff as well as guards.

Stealth: 11 07 05 04 04 03 01 (+8 ruthenium vs. visual, +7 vs thermo/sensors)
Perception: 10 07 05 04 01
Security Procedures: 05 05 05 04 01
Nikoli
Stealth :Default from Quickness
Perception:
16 13 8 7 5 5 5 4 3 1
Shadow
You know I get the feeling this isn't what we were led to belive. If you guys think you can take 'em silent do so. But we need to take them before they send any kind of alert
Dashifen
Are we waiting on something specific or are people out on vacation for labor day weekend?
Dashifen
CLEAR!

*ZAP!!*

No pulse, sir!

TinkerGnome
I was a victim of labor day and other extenuating circumstances frown.gif
Dashifen
No problem. I'm patient. I know Shadow is busy and Soluna's getting her semester off the ground as well. Then the outages get in the way. Hopefully things'll pick back up again wink.gif
Soluna
Ok Semester started...check.
Holiday over....check.
Blackouts done for now....check.

CHARGING 300...CLEAR!....*ZAP*
We've got a weak pulse back!

Anyway, Perception: 11 08 07 04 03 02 , Stealth: 11 04 03 03 03 02
Shadow
Yeah the Fall semester is killing me Dash, sorry. I will get you something here soon.
TinkerGnome
Two shots, splitting combat pool 4/5 into them. TN 4 and 6. Base damage 10S Stun. They shouldn't get CP to dodge, unless they're really wired, so sizzle wink.gif

His communication is via transducer, by the way, so he's just thinking words not even subvocalizing them.

[ Spoiler ]
Dashifen
Busy day today at work -- I'll get back to this during the afternoon or evening.
Dashifen
I assumed you shot first for the human guard and second for the dwarf since it was the human that heard you. Poor guy didn't roll any successes. He's gonna have a headache tomorrow smile.gif
Soluna
Dash, can you show me on the map exactly where we are right now? I went back and looked at the map to try and figure it out, but I'm lost! Thanks, sweetie!
Dashifen
QUOTE (Soluna)
Dash, can you show me on the map exactly where we are right now? I went back and looked at the map to try and figure it out, but I'm lost! Thanks, sweetie!
Shadow
So are we going in the right direction?
Dashifen
maybe devil.gif

But, OOC, yes. You're standing right outside the door with the red X on the map. That door leads into the security area as far as your information gathering could tell. You're not sure which room behind that door is going to be the vault (or whatever you want to call it) but you know it's back there somewhere. Also, the ward runs right through the door, so once you're through it, Trace can scout on the astral once more.
Soluna
Ok, left door it is...lol.

Stealth: 09 05 04 03 02 01
Perception: 19 10 07 04 03 01 (to see anything beyond the door thru the crack in it)
Dashifen
Sorry for the delay. I ended up reinstalling my operating system this weekend. Luckily enough, it was planned for this time, therefore I didn't loose much beyond some time. Postage IC to follow.
Soluna
Dash, would I have the ability to wire the camera into a feedback loop? I'm not sure what kind of skills that involves or if I could do it from the camera unit itself or not. Just wondering.
Dashifen
I would say it depends: if the camera broadcasts the information wirelessly then you might be able to do that if you had the right equipment, but you don't. If the cameria is a wired feed to a display, then you couldn't really by-pass that feed easily. Some of the lowtech options would be to try and take a picture of the camera's field of view and then force the camera to show that, which you might be able to do if you have the right equipment and a little creativity. And the final option would be to try and get Icarus some Matrix access to the security system and see what he can do with it smile.gif

Good idea on the ruthenium cloak, too. As long as Corbin is moving slow enough, he would be able to stand outside that door and the people watching the camera probably wouldn't see him there.
Nikoli
Perceiving in detail:

16 10 8 5 3 2 2 2 2 1
Shadow
I am still at work Dasj (OT woohoo) so I don't know what I need to roll. You are welcome to roll for me if it can't wait till tomorow after noon.

Mindprobe Force 3

I can going to put all the spell pool (8) I can into casting it. I am not sure if I can do that, so if I can only put 3 in then thats fine, use the rest to ressist drain.

I have 2 karma pool points. I will use them both to reroll failures.

I am trying to get how many guards, where they are, and where the money is. And any passcodes he has.
Dashifen
sweet. Good idea. I won't be able to do rolling till I get off work, so if you get back before I do go ahead and roll your stuff. You can roll as many dice as you want to, but by my house ruling on spells at force 3 no more than 3 successes can count towards the resistence for the target. IIRC, mindprobe is a threshold spell so it doesn't really matter in this case assuming mr. human goon #3 (litterally the guy you're mindprobing's name) doesn't have a willpower above 6 (he doesn't smile.gif)
Dashifen
Sorry -- forgot about this yesterday (my bad) :

Sorcery Test (+3 SP): 19 05 05 05 04 03 03 02 01
Drain (2S): 10 09 09 07 04 04 02 01 01 (no drain)

Results in the IC thread
Shadow
No, my bad, I meant to do it, but it has been a kiler at work. thanks for covering me Dash.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Shadow)
No, my bad, I meant to do it, but it has been a kiler at work. thanks for covering me Dash.

That's what I'm here for.
Shadow
Once on the other side I am going to scan the area.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Shadow)
Once on the other side I am going to scan the area.

I'm at an all day educational class for work so I probably won't get to this until (a) later today or (b) tomorrow if I forget to do it tonight. I'm doing RL shadowrun tonight so who knows .... that could either cause all my brains to leak from my nose or maybe it'll remind me to get back to you dead.gif
Dashifen
For those interested, Guardian Vines are on p. 91 of MITS.

Shadow: Let me know what Trace wants to do. If you want to try and zip around the vines they'll get a chance to grapple you. If they get more successes than your quickness, you'll be held and have to break free. You can assence them if you want more information about their force, etc.
Shadow
Sorry Dash, I forgot I was up.

Trace is going to take a seond to asense them. Uh, what do I need to roll?
Dashifen
Shadow: Assensing = Intelligence (4)
Shadow
assensing

17 10 04 03 03 02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012