Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Panzerknacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Volker
QUOTE (Gilga @ Jan 19 2018, 06:57 PM) *
He could not get approved for this forum.

That's the only reason? We can find a solution for that. Do you still have any means of contact?
Gilga
Yes I have him in Skype.
Volker
Can you please ask him: If I'd create him an account, would he join?
Jack_Spade
Damn,

yeah, that's a problem we could easily solve.
Gilga
Yes I talked to him about it a while back, I have no idea how come he did not get a user but he claim to have done all the required steps. I'll reach out again and ask him.
Volker
Tell him, I would forego the whole registration process and hand him the account over. I'll register him as SgtBoomCloud (or whatever alias he prefers) and he can then change the password. He doesn't need to try again.
Gilga
Boom says he is interested wink.gif
Volker
Awesome. I'll let you know once the admin replied
Volker
What the f***?
I have sent 3 PMs do 3 different admins in the course of an entire week, wrote an email to the official forum administration and haven't got a single beep in return!

Do you guys think that shadowruntabletops is still under attack? Maybe we could return. I liked the styling a lot more, it was able to remember my login, and - first and foremost - we could have Special K back, as the admins apparently give sh... focus on something else.

I would suggest and vote for return to shadowruntabletops.
Jack_Spade
We can do that, but currently spoilers don't work there.

An alternative would be www.rpgplayroom.com - courtesy of Obidancer who actually maintains and improves the forum.
I'll ask him if we can have a little Panzerknacker subforum there, if you lot are interested in yet another forum hop.
Volker
I certainly am. I don't really like this one, and I sincerely dislike playing without SgtQwikfix
Jack_Spade
Alright, Obi came through and created a subsection for us to use:

https://www.rpgplayroom.net/games/topic/panzerknacker-ooc/
SquirrelDude
I put my obligatory characters sheet post in the OOC thread.

Formatting was a bit funky but I figured things out after many edits.
Volker
I'm celebrating my 30th now ... I'll join you afterwards! biggrin.gif

@gilga Could you kindly inform SgtBoomFix?
Gilga
I will I will!
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Feb 10 2018, 11:10 AM) *
I'm celebrating my 30th now ... I'll join you afterwards! biggrin.gif

@gilga Could you kindly inform SgtBoomFix?

Happy Birthday, du Jungspund smile.gif
SquirrelDude
How to you change your avatar on that website. I"ve clicked managed to find 3 different profile overview pages (all with different ways to access them, and none explicitly leading to the others), and have yet to find the ability to change thee profile picture.
Volker
lol
I just received the message that they activated Sgt here in Dumpshock finally. So we have the choice. I'm registered in both forums now.
Jack_Spade
In that case, let's stay here for now until Sgt is back with us.
Gilga
okay,
I am posted in both places now as well.
SgtBoomCloud
Awesome.
Gilga, please let him know:
His user name ist, obviously, SgtBoomCloud again.
His password ist atm I<3bnc
He can have and use the account and change password, associated email and so forth as he pleases.
Volker
Anybody out there, dudes??
Jack_Spade
Still alive and waiting.
Gilga
Still here - are you guys waiting on me?
SquirrelDude
I'm here, awaiting for further comment from Gilga or Volker on the proposed way to inform the psycho tin-man elf about his blood mage friends.
Gilga
Oh sorry! Posted.
Volker
So, is Krestov now part of the team again? What did he say?
Gilga
No answer yet...
Jack_Spade
Darn. So let's continue for the moment here.
Volker
We agreed on simple spoofing, right?
Jack_Spade
Well, it's training, so you can try different tactics biggrin.gif
Gilga
So the idea is that we make sure that the decker is jumped in and then the spirit disable or kill it?
Did we had anything more specific? I vougely remember discussing which spirits are suitable and if we need to actually kill him or can just knock him out.
Volker
Nah, I meant, we had a lengthy rules discussion that basically went like:
"me: I should create a complex and data-fed simulation of his biological system, then redirect the input source of his biomonitor in order t-"
"you: bah, just spoof the thing. That'll do."

I'm just not sure whether I summed up the conclusion right.
Jack_Spade
Actually, my suggestion was to use the bootstrap program and have the device constantly update the file with the biometric data with "all clear" signals
But yeah, as far as the rules are concerned you can spoof it or use edit file on it to have it not send an alarm.

@gilga
The suggested course was to use an air spirit without elemental aura to asphyxiate the guy into unconsciousness
Volker
question is, wheter Spoof would allow me to constantly suppress warning signals. I'll use Bootstrap as you suggested. So, I'll have to restart the thing...
Jack_Spade
Alright. But I think you forgot to use the format device action in your operations (I'll let you add that retroactively)

@gilga: Feel free to roll for your spirit and victim, to see if with the given force you can choke him out in one go.
Volker
Thanks!
Format device: 17d6t5 5
Defense roll: 12d6t5 3
Gilga
Not exactly sure what to roll through.
However, over summoning is a bit of a risk. If it is unarmed attack roll -
then why not earth (or some spirit with high strength -rather than air?)...?

Is it some other spirit attack you had in mind?

Jack_Spade
You can do that, if you want to kill the guy...
Air spirit engulf is explicitly non-lethal

ENGULF
Type: P Action: Complex
Range: Touch Duration: Sustained
This allows a critter to draw a target into itself or the terrain it controls, smothering or otherwise enveloping the target and causing damage. This is a melee attack. If it succeeds, it inflicts damage equal to its Magic x 2 (see below for specific effects by element), and the critter has engulfed its target in its grasp. Net hits on the melee attack increase this damage normally. The target gets a Damage Resistance Test as normal, using Body + Armor; the attack has an AP of –(critter’s Magic). Once engulfed, a target is trapped and cannot move. Every time its Action Phase comes up after this, until the target escapes, the critter automatically inflicts damage as above; the target gets to resist each time as above. On the target’s Action Phase, he may use a Complex Action to try to escape. To attempt escape, make an Opposed Test, rolling the target’s Strength + Body against the critter’s Magic + Body. If the target wins, she escapes and takes no more damage from the attack.

Air Engulf: The victim resists Stun as if from an inhalation-vector toxin attack (p. 408). Armor does not protect against this attack, but other protective gear might (Toxin and Drug Protection Table, p. 408). If the victim
passes out from Stun damage, she continues to take damage, with the Stun damage overflowing into Physical damage as normal.
Earth Engulf: The target resists Physical damage.
Fire Engulf: The victim resists Fire damage (p. 171).
Water Engulf: The victim resists Stun damage. This is rougher than normal drowning, because the critter is capable of exerting great pressure on the victim. Victims who pass out from Stun damage continue to take damage after falling unconscious, with the Stun damage overflowing into Physical damage as normal.
Gilga
Engulf seems nice, F5 is as high as it is safe to go. F6 might do the trick, but potential physical damage that cannot be healed.

I think but does it have to be in one go? I mean, it takes an action to drop from hot sim to AR. Also, why only send a single spirit we have two mages?
Gilga
Engulf seems nice, F5 is as high as it is safe to go. F6 might do the trick, but potential physical damage that cannot be healed.

I think but does it have to be in one go? I mean, it takes an action to drop from hot sim to AR. Also, why only send a single spirit we have two mages?
Jack_Spade
Well, this is training, so you can try and see what happens biggrin.gif
Volker
QUOTE (Gilga @ Mar 4 2018, 10:04 PM) *

You kidding? He is an unarmed, unarmored spider, whose only means to do anything to us is a commlink on which a decker who sits besides and watches (=Delayed action) has frigging three marks. You don't need two spirits for a dude like Special K, you certainly don't need one for a 140-pound computer nerd in his pyjamas. Just go for it and be done with it.

Wait. Do I have three marks on his 'link? I only hijacked his biomonitor, didn't I? Dude, I'm getting sloppy.

Hacking on the Fly: 3#19d6t5 2 3 7
I'm really out of luck in this sim.
Defense rolls: 3#12d6t5 4 4 7

Of course, she would change her tactics once the spider got aware of her.

Is the spider attrape active, i.e. will it simulate the spider either fighting bnc or trying to set off an alarm, or solely defensive?
Jack_Spade
Two things:
You already have the three marks - both on the biomonitor and the deck (one slaved to the other), so you only have to roll for the format device action.

And yes, a guy in VR won't get a defense roll against a melee attack. The spirit has 13 dice to attack base damage of 10S, while the guy rolls 9 soak dice to avoid suffocation and has a Body of 4 and a Will of 5
So it's entirely within reason to expect the spirit to fill his stun track in one go
Volker
roger that, thanks for clarification!
I used to be more inside the rules, but this is my only group left, so I'm starting to forget my rules (so sorry)
Volker
QUOTE (Gilga @ Feb 20 2018, 11:03 AM) *
No answer yet...

Guess we lost Special K for good, di'nt we?
SquirrelDude
Can't say you didn't try to keep him around
Volker
True. This comes off my list of things I failed to attempt...
SgtBoomCloud
Well, this is awkward.

I do appreciate the attempts to reach out to me. I'm a terrible person for taking this bloody long to get back and on this site. You guys are awesome for going so far around to try to get me back in.

An explanation.

At the moment, my job has kicked into high gear, changing my work week from my usual 40 hours to anywhere from 48-60 a week. Combine that with going to school basically full time (11 credits/term) means that I don't have much time to remember to get online for stuff...

...combine that with the fact that I'll be having my firstborn in May and life has been a storm.

So here's the deal.

My current term is right now in dead week. Which means I might be able to eke out a few posts a week.

The only challenge is, I know (I can see) I missed quite a bit. And that is info I know for a fact that I won't be able to catch up/keep up on. You guys already know that I'm drek at keeping intel down (is why I built a phystank of a chara).

So I leave it to you. Should I stay or should I go? I'll respect a decision either way
Volker
As I'm doing anything to get Special K back, obviously, I'd vote for: come on in! I can give you a short summary - to be fair, not that much did happen, as some of us, too, had had a rough time. We're right now doing a simulation of the real bank robbery, and we're just about to start the second walk-through the second time ^^ (if you know our politics, you'll see how much of an Austrian thing that is biggrin.gif ).

Here's the plan:

Step 1: Use incriminating evidence to get Mercenary Kynos to turn against Zola and Ramirez, hopefully causing a distraction for Zola.
Step 2: Visit Bank to infest building with spy drones

Day of break in:
Step 3: Activate gas grenade in hotel to take out mage to stop watchers reporting activities and subsequent combat spirits arriving
Step 4: Hack biomonitor of Corporate Decker
Step 5: Send spirit to knock out Decker

Actual break in
Step 6: Drive up with van to backside of bank
Step 7: Don RP capes, Kite uses Invisibility and Spirit Concealment on team and van
Step 8: Direct connect to camera over back door and enter Security Host (R7)
Step 9: Hack camera feeds with loops [agent system!]
Step 10: Anna opens door with SOK, wait for patrol to be out of sight.
Step 11: Anna enters, moves directly to women restroom
Step 12: Anna levitates to ceiling, places Gasgrenade in vents
Step 13: bnc hacks Utility host (R5) to control vents to all places where guards are present
Step 14: bnc hacks Leggio's 'link
Step 15: bnc releases the fake message from Commanding Officer to tell guards to stay at their stations and help being on the way.
Step 16: Activate gasgrenade, Slobbertooth, Krestov, Anna's spirit, bnc drone and kite drone storm building to neutralize remaining guards, while bnc data spikes Leggio's commlink (as he is most likely to withstand gas attack)
Step 17: Everyone in building is subdued with no alert (if not, it's 10 minutes running until reinforcements arrive)
Step 18: Slobbertooth, Krestov, Schmidt and Anna enter vault to empty lock boxes (6 minutes)
Step 19: Levitate loot out through staircase and backdoor into Van.
Step 20: Evacuate to boat house, unload haul into minisubs, have Kite pilot them back to the safehouse.
Step 21: Leave Island as regular, inconspicous business people (suits ready at the boat house)

There's not so much to do for K, but I'd still appreciate his looming presence wink.gif

Oh, and one more thing. I think, one post a week will totally do. pbp should be something that makes your life nicer, not more stressful. If it's a stress factor, better don't join. It's a game, nothing more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012