Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Panzerknacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
SquirrelDude
I'd forgotten how long it takes to create a shadowrun character, and how you always find yourself going "Can't I just have 4 more attribute points, and just 6 more skill points"

On that, question for the GM: Can I take the Vendetta negative trait if my Vendetta is against the wrestling faction/shadowrunner team Freebirds 3k?

Also @Gilga: I took the advice to a mentor spirit to heart. I didn't go with raven, I think I'm going to go with Cat for this character

Is there an easy way to export a chummer file into bbcode for posting on a forum.
Jack_Spade
Sure, don't know anything about them, but I'm confident that I can learn wink.gif
Gilga
@SD looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Volker
@Jack
Luck4ce mentioned that he might want to join the party. He has an Austrian character, though he's be a magician, too. He can't say for sure whether he can join the group. The longer it takes us to start the new run, the likelier it would get as there are some things to sort out. Just you guys know
Jack_Spade
I welcome any steady player.

At the moment I'm aiming for a start around the mid of July (hopefully my work life will have stabilized by then)
Volker
I am going to go back to Nepal between the middle of August and the beginnen of September. Don't know whether I'll be able to post in the meantime.

Also, I don't have the slightest cue what I'm supposed to do with 800,000 nuyeuros
Gilga
A better deck? - Though these are so overpriced that 800k might not be enough.
I'll need to remake Yael as I lost her chummer file, shouldn't take very long as I have the result.

@Jack when you have time, please post what we need to update the charsheet. For the new run. Also how far is it into the future is the next story?
Volker
Let's not rush this, anyway, there's a lot of character play and development that I wouldn't want to just skip
Jack_Spade
Indeed, you guys are doing great.

As for character sheets: No special restrictions. Just post them when I open the new OOC thread. It would help if you format them in Courier so that all characters align above each other. Makes parsing stuff easier.

Honestly, I have no idea how much downtime you'll get. That depends mightily on wether you actually leave Seattle or not.
In case you take the tickets that Schmitt organized, you'll have about a month of downtime, spending Christmas and New Year in Germany/Europe.
Volker
bnc will go back to Europe
SquirrelDude
Slob may ask at the desk to exchange his ticket for one going to Paris. He won't know the language, but he won't know the one in Germany either. I'd say he could go to Japan, but we all know how they treat Orcs.
Volker
But Germans know English... I'm not sure whether or not the Shadowrun Frenchies are any better than the real ones
SquirrelDude
@Jack, Like this?

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
So 800k nuyens?

What about the Foci? - you gave us quite a bit of them. can you list them? (Perhaps she'll use one of them?)
Availability of new gear? (Yael would know nobody in Europe though).

I was thinking to go for magic 5-->6 (not sure how much time it takes, would that be okay?)
I take it regardless of the money/karma there is so much that she can do within a month. Should I use the training times of skills?
Volker
Ugh, shit...
I just spent about an hour looking for my current amount of nuyen and karma, but failed.
I hope that I can find the file on my external hard drive at home, because if not, I'll have diffictulties to keep my sheet in order.
I found an entry regarding the money I have, and I think, it might be up-to-date, as we didn't get payment for a long time (rather, we had 30,000 to use on gear, which I inserted into my char sheet).
My karma entry can't be up-to-date, as it says one, but I posted previously, that I only spend 4 of the 11 karma we received.

So, if you're fine with that, I'll...
- look for my notes and pray to GOD that I find the datas.
- if not, take my most current state, which is 21,690 bucks and 1 + 7 (see above) karma.

Also, I might want to borrow money (yeah, I know, that's demanding after we just received 800,000 but I'm only inches away from a Fairlight Excalibur!!
How much is the loot worth? Foci etc. Is it already included in the 800,000?

Huch much karma do we get?
Gilga
Perhaps Yael would be interested in the old deck, would pay more than its resale value.

About bnc, the last I remember you increased intuition 5-->6, so verify that your sheet is after that point (with 6 intuition).
Jack_Spade
I think I gave out some Karma every chapter. I'd have to check up, but I think it was about four times around 10 Karma.
The total story should have brought you up to around 50 Karma.

The following foci were to be found:

F4 Manipulation Sustaining Focus
F6 Manipulation Sustaining Focus
F6 Health Sustaining Focus
F4 Detection Sustaining Focus

2x F6 Weapon Focus (Athame/Blood focus)

F6 Qi Focus: Mystic Armor 3
F6 Qi Focus: Improved Skill (Blades) 3
F4 Qi Focus: Astral Perception

Volker
Perhaps Yael would be interested in the old deck, would pay more than its resale value.

About bnc, the last I remember you increased intuition 5-->6, so verify that your sheet is after that point (with 6 intuition).

Nope, after Intuition I purchased Quick Reader for fluff reasons. Intuition's already on the sheet, Quick Reader not. That's why I believe that I just missed to fill in the last karma gain, which was 11 Karma, 4 of which I used for Quick Reader.

Oh, noice. We can definitely talk about that.

QUOTE ( @ Jun 16 2018, 12:16 PM) *
I think I gave out some Karma every chapter. I'd have to check up, but I think it was about four times around 10 Karma.
The total story should have brought you up to around 50 Karma.

The following foci were to be found:

F4 Manipulation Sustaining Focus
F6 Manipulation Sustaining Focus
F6 Health Sustaining Focus
F4 Detection Sustaining Focus

2x F6 Weapon Focus (Athame/Blood focus)

F6 Qi Focus: Mystic Armor 3
F6 Qi Focus: Improved Skill (Blades) 3
F4 Qi Focus: Astral Perception

So, it's 800,000 plus what we can get for the foci, right? There's no more loot, but the foci are not included.
I would suggest, you can pick whatever foci you want and your share is decreased by the resale value, i.e. you get the foci for a third of what it would cost on the market. Does that sound good, gilga/Squirrel?

EDIT:
So, the market value of our loot is:

F4 Manipulation Sustaining Focus: 16,000
F6 Manipulation Sustaining Focus 24,000
F6 Health Sustaining Focus 24,000
F4 Detection Sustaining Focus 16,000

2x F6 Weapon Focus (Athame/Blood focus) - we should not sell those

F6 Qi Focus: Mystic Armor 3 18,000
F6 Qi Focus: Improved Skill (Blades) 3 18,000
F4 Qi Focus: Astral Perception 12,000

total: 128,000

@gilga: Which of these items do you want?
@Jack: For how much can Mike fence those?
Gilga
The health focus is an obvious attraction.
but Yael cannot even bind it until she gets magic 6, even when she does it would not leave room for say power focus which is very useful. Out of fairness between players, I totally agree, though I suspect she would attempt to keep one of these to herself, being at the end of the day... a thief. She'll see it as a souvenir rather than a focus though. No biggie really, and I don't mind it never happening due to character interactions/mess or bnc being especially focused on the loot.

at the moment it seemed like nobody cared... wink.gif
SquirrelDude
@Gilga It may be possible to convert some cash into Karma to give you the amount necessary to both get to magic 6 and then bind the foci. As for how long that will take.

Going from Mag 5 to Mag 6 will cost 30 Karma and take 6 weeks. I couldn't find a duration for Binding a Foci, so that looks like it's only a Karma expenditure. If you still want to do more, you can initiate for 10+3*Desired Rating and the time it takes is determined by an extended Arcana+Intuition[Astral] (Initiate Grade,1 Month) Extended Test.
Gilga
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jun 16 2018, 03:42 PM) *
@Gilga It may be possible to convert some cash into Karma to give you the amount necessary to both get to magic 6 and then bind the foci. As for how long that will take.

Going from Mag 5 to Mag 6 will cost 30 Karma and take 6 weeks. I couldn't find a duration for Binding a Foci, so that looks like it's only a Karma expenditure. If you still want to do more, you can initiate for 10+3*Desired Rating and the time it takes is determined by an extended Arcana+Intuition[Astral] (Initiate Grade,1 Month) Extended Test.

Well I would totally take like 200+ karma but it would feel wrong to turn Yael into an Archmage over night. Initiation is high on my list however.
SquirrelDude
Something something practical experience something something using money for expensive training something something handwave nyahnyah.gif

@Jack @Others I posted E.G.s of the requested new character sheets. Is that the font you want in them (Dumpshock offers Courier New). Are there any other formatting request you have.
Jack_Spade
@SquirrelDude

Yeah, that's the right font.

@Gilga

As I said, you can convert freely Karma to Nuyen and back again, still, training times somewhat apply: I generally assume that you are always training something, so the time on mission and before does count when you determine that stuff, but you can't do multiple levels at once (so magic 5 to 6 is alright, 5 to 7 not so much)
Gilga
- I'll see what I can come up with.

- P.S Wasn't there a centering focus in that list?
Zola had on him a few rings and chains that to Anna's eyes looked like five, very potent spell foci as well as one that must be a high quality centering focus.

Jack_Spade
Ah right, I knew there was one I forgot: It's an F6 Centering focus
Volker
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 16 2018, 12:53 PM) *
@Jack: For how much can Mike fence those?

Please don't forget about this one.
Jack_Spade
Mike can fence those for 30%. The Sunkid can get you 40%.
Volker
Is there any reason not to ask the Sunkid then?

Do you all agree that we have to destroy the two weapon foci?
Can they get ... I dunno, "realigned"? Purified? bnc will do some research on that.

EDIT: @gilga
About the health focus ... your choice: Do you try to conceal it and keep it to yourself? If yes, I'd say you roll Palming vs. Perception or something and try to keep it hidden from bnc during all subsequent runs. If you do, you can just keep it.
If Anna doesn't, we share the costs and subtract your part. Just tell me, then I'll do the numbers. I personally don't care at all, I just need to know.

WAAAAAH!! Boys!! I could get a Fairlight Excalibur after this! That would be so freaking amazing!!! biggrin.gif
If Schmidt can crack the Availability for me, I'll give him a blowjob wink.gif

@Jack
From your experience ... is a better deck indeed much of an improvement? Usually, the caps don't really restrain me a lot. The higher Firewall rating sure is a pro, and more programs are nice. Though, if you plan well, you usually don't need that either. Do you have any experience regarding that?
Gilga
If you want the pragmatic point of view, bnc is better off with higher ranking in decking skills and with higher logic/intuition (look at genetic optimization) and the new intuition boosting Bioware. With the resources, you spend for the fancy deck you get 12 points in hacking which would let you reach the (more modest but still very high limit).

.. but a deck is more sexy!
Volker
Could you point out where I'd find those?
SquirrelDude
Genetic Optimization pg 157-158 SR5: Chrome Flesh
Cultured Bioware: Cerebellum Booster (Increases Int attribute by rating) pg 118-119 Chrome Flesh
Cultured Bioware: Cerebral Booster (Increases Log attribute by rating) pg 460 SR5

Might have missed something, that's what I could find quickly.
Volker
Thanks, I'll have a look asap.

gilga, what about stealing the focus?
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 16 2018, 02:25 PM) *
@SquirrelDude

Yeah, that's the right font.
Oh, also a followup. Those two e.g. character sheets are the two rough drafts for the characters that would replace slobbertooth that I'm currently working on. If you could, give them a once over to make sure everything looks good. I want to make sure "Entertainer's Code" is a valid choice.
Gilga
Why of course... if there is no player fairness issue and it does not ruin the fun for the rest of you.

I have no doubt that Yael would "forget" one of the foci in her pocket. It fits her character like a glove, she is a theif and is proud of it. Besides, nobody seemed to be paying attention.... Slob was making a verified kill on the adept and bnc struggling to save Gerhard. Unlikely that they'd remember exactly how many foci Zola had... She delivers all but one and is a reasonably good liar.

I'll roll for palming, but for what situation? - the actual theft ? or somewhere next story when she uses her new focus?

P.S Even if bnc laters catches Yael which I really don't mind... Don't let the dice spoil a good story.
Yael would perhaps split the loot with bnc if she'll feel strongly abou tit. Even then, don't expect her to reach the teamates that left with a 'I am sorry I forgot that focus' note wink.gif Her own words: "I learned to take what I can possibly get away with and consequences be damned" wink.gif

Then again, since I am aware of player fairness and stuff, I would not suggest it if it impacted the progress of other characters in a meaningful way. It is 30%-40% of the focus divided 5 ways... (I think a focus cost 18k?) so it comes up to less than 2k nuyen as the per-runner fair share of the loot. (Less if you want to share it with Kynos aswell).
and we do get 800k, yes? This is why I thought of it.

P.S I also don't mind to say I stole it and update the charsheet as if I bought it wink.gif It is entirely a fluff decision.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 17 2018, 11:41 AM) *
Is there any reason not to ask the Sunkid then?

Do you all agree that we have to destroy the two weapon foci?
Can they get ... I dunno, "realigned"? Purified? bnc will do some research on that.

EDIT: @gilga
About the health focus ... your choice: Do you try to conceal it and keep it to yourself? If yes, I'd say you roll Palming vs. Perception or something and try to keep it hidden from bnc during all subsequent runs. If you do, you can just keep it.
If Anna doesn't, we share the costs and subtract your part. Just tell me, then I'll do the numbers. I personally don't care at all, I just need to know.

WAAAAAH!! Boys!! I could get a Fairlight Excalibur after this! That would be so freaking amazing!!! biggrin.gif
If Schmidt can crack the Availability for me, I'll give him a blowjob wink.gif

@Jack
From your experience ... is a better deck indeed much of an improvement? Usually, the caps don't really restrain me a lot. The higher Firewall rating sure is a pro, and more programs are nice. Though, if you plan well, you usually don't need that either. Do you have any experience regarding that?

Rebinding a focus destroys the bond to the previous owner.

As for the high end deck: The most important part is usually the ability to run multiple programs. Modding (increasing one stat, lowering the other) and the Overclocker/Perfect Time combo is usually enough to make even a lame Erika into a viable hacking tool. Ask yourself if you wouldn't be as happy with an R5 deck for just half a million Nuyen, because in essence you are paying 300.000 Nuyen more for one additional program and on the four attributes. (You aren't even getting an additional matrix damage box)
In general, getting more dice through ware is a better investment than increasing your limits
Jack_Spade
@SquirrelDude

The Code of Honor: Entertainer would be better expressed through Distinctive Style - unless you want to lose Karma everytime you fail to entertain people watching you.
SquirrelDude
So he already has distinctive style. The intent is less in the need to succeed in entertaining folks (and certainly not leaving them with a smile on their face, otherwise he couldn't play a heel), and more that he must always attempt to put on a good show for whatever audience he has.

The other idea I had was Code of Honor (Kayfabe, Never break character in public)
Jack_Spade
Kayfabe would work best with the Faceless quality.

To stay in tune with the codes from Run Faster you have to keep in mind:

"A character with the
Code of Honor quality needs to have it tested every now and then
to make it a true negative quality. If their code prevents them from
harming a child, the gamemaster needs to remind them when
children might be endangered by their actions. They don’t need to
stretch to make the point, but they should be sure the character is
actively concerned about maintaining their personal code."

The "Never break character" rule just doesn't seem to be limiting as much as an Assassin's or Warrior's code would do.

Since, if you stay in character it's not any different from being that character. You'd need to make it "Always stay in the heel persona, no matter what" to actually make it a challenge worth a code.
SquirrelDude
I guess it depends on what the run entails and what the character. Staying in character as a professional wrestler is far more challenging when you need to infiltrate a fancy party than when he's just fighting people (that could come with combat stipulations, but Cat already does that a bit). Yeah a heel or face limitation would also work. Depends on type of face or heel, too.

I'll have to work it out in more detail.
Gilga
She'll steal the Health focus. Should be more fun that way.
Volker
@all:

So we have...

F4 Manipulation Sustaining Focus: 16,000
F6 Manipulation Sustaining Focus 24,000
F6 Health Sustaining Focus stolen
F4 Detection Sustaining Focus 16,000

2x F6 Weapon Focus (Athame/Blood focus) - 84,000

F6 Qi Focus: Mystic Armor 3 18,000
F6 Qi Focus: Improved Skill (Blades) 3 18,000
F4 Qi Focus: Astral Perception 12,000

F6 Centering Focus: 54,000

======================================

total: 242,000
40 % of which are: 96,800
shared by 5 (Krestov, Kite, Slob, Yael, bnc): 19,360 each

@gilga
Bah, fuck player's balance! First, we shouldn't mix IC and OoC layers. She doesn't steal from me, anyway, but from my character, so she's got to deal with her, not me. Also, as you say, we're talking about 2,000 bucks when we all just received 820,000, so don't bother.
It could be interesting, however, if and when we find out about that.

@all/myself
yeah, I'm just scanning through books and even after the CRB I have found 250,000 nuyen worth of stuff I would like to cramp inside bnc, and Chrome Flesh and the rigger and decker rulebooks will not help with that, too. So the Fairlight is dead.
Gilga
Interestingly from a mechanics perspective, I am not even sure that I even want to bind an F6 sustaining focus. I think she's better off with a power focus, though this is just me wink.gif
Volker
You kiddin'? What's more powerful than a self-sustaining Improve Attribute spell?
Gilga
Focus addiction, it is hard to fit a power focus and F6 focus in the same sheet without risking it. I am kind of overwhelmed with possibilities to grow her - some of my considerations is to actually build her as kind of an 'adept' in the sense that she'll be the muscle.

I mean, this adventure she played as a face but she is nothing compared to the dice pool SD new elf, so he'll probably do all the facework. Which would mean that either I build her to be an interesting mage - with all sort of utility spells? I can also build her to be the mighty bodyguard/Bear mage that is dormant inside her. I placed the unfulfilled potential there when I first created her, so that direction is not random.

My feeling is that she can actually be anything I desire, given enough karma (which I suddenly get in huge chunks).
So I enjoy the potential, and well since money is not a real limitation and she can only have 6 points of focus without addiction - F6 spell sustain perhaps is not the best choice? There is a quality in FA that lets her have 3 more points - perhaps here is my solution. F3 power focus and F6 sustainer.

Oh, I enjoy crunching the possibilities so much! As for the theft - she did it because she enjoyed it. Not out of munchkinism on my behalf.
Volker
@Jack:
I'm thinking of acquiring some Implant Medic nanites for my cyberdeck. The costs are relative to the cyberware's costs. In that case, that's 5000 + deck costs. Would you consider the 5000 as the basis for the nanites' costs, or the whole half million plus?

Also, can you upgrade a cerebral booster?

Can I swap one headware deck for another without suffering additional essence cost?

@Squirrel:

Can you provide a description of Kazuya, please?

QUOTE (Gilga @ Jun 18 2018, 09:10 AM) *
Focus addiction, it is hard to fit a power focus and F6 focus in the same sheet without risking it. I am kind of overwhelmed with possibilities to grow her - some of my considerations is to actually build her as kind of an 'adept' in the sense that she'll be the muscle.

I mean, this adventure she played as a face but she is nothing compared to the dice pool SD new elf, so he'll probably do all the facework. Which would mean that either I build her to be an interesting mage - with all sort of utility spells? I can also build her to be the mighty bodyguard/Bear mage that is dormant inside her. I placed the unfulfilled potential there when I first created her, so that direction is not random.

My feeling is that she can actually be anything I desire, given enough karma (which I suddenly get in huge chunks).
So I enjoy the potential, and well since money is not a real limitation and she can only have 6 points of focus without addiction - F6 spell sustain perhaps is not the best choice? There is a quality in FA that lets her have 3 more points - perhaps here is my solution. F3 power focus and F6 sustainer.

Oh, I enjoy crunching the possibilities so much! As for the theft - she did it because she enjoyed it. Not out of munchkinism on my behalf.

Yeah, I believe nobody thinks for an, uhm, munchkinist?
But I have no clue what you mean with "money is not a real limitation". I'm already sweating biggrin.gif
Gilga
Because I don't know what to buy to Yael, she does not need a deck or drones and cars, and if I buy her augmentations I destroy her magic... so the only use for money is to convert to karma. Though I admit that I do enjoy the mechanics of SR and their flexibility, but I do not hold a candle for jack in that sense. He has all the rules figured out and seems to know how to use everything for max efficiency wink.gif
SquirrelDude
Fancy armor with lots of customization is a pretty good investment for any character.
Gilga
Speaking of armor, do we get to keep the FBA's and RP cloaks? (or buy them for their resale value?)
Volker
oh, yeah, I already wanted to ask the same thing, but then it slipped my mind.

One more question of importance: What date do we have? I believe we must be very short before bnc's 21st birthday ... or we simply missed it
Volker
I'm perfectly okay with his reaction if he's just being forget a jerk or a moron, but bnc absolutely doesn't look like a hooker. She's wearing long jeans, a band shirt and a hoodie if I recall correctly. You may consider this... Or not
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012