Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Panzerknacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Jack_Spade
Well, At the end of the first round, Gerhard has to make a resistance test:

Poison Resistance: 15d6t5 4
Luckily he has some bioware that helps him with that (Nephritic Screen is great)
Unluckily that still fills up his overflow - just one more point of damage and he is done for.

You can use the Medkit to give him a teamwork check on his next resistance roll...
Volker
Wait ... now that he's stabilized, can I not make an ordinary First Aid roll to cure boxes of damage? Wouldn't that be a lot safer?
Jack_Spade
Yes, but it takes longer

Using the First Aid skill in combat requires a Complex
Action and takes a number of Combat Turns equal to the
number of boxes of damage the character is healing.
This means the character applying First Aid must spend
one Complex Action per Combat Turn providing care
but may spend the rest of their Action Phases however
they would like.
SquirrelDude
I don't even know why I contemplate spending edge anymore.

"Hm, I'll roll 18d6 with edge. -6 Hits"
"Oh actually it's should be 14d6, but let's see the result before using edge this time- 6 hits."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gilga
Perhaps a spirit is as much as Anna can help us.

Summon F5 (Air): 9d6t5 4
resist F5: 5d6t5 1
drain: 14d6t5 6

3 services, no drain I'll make her same as the other one.
Volker
You know what? I'll just do both. As the drones are out and virtually nothing is accessibble atm, there's not else I can do right now. Also, with him die the nuyen and my Kobe beef muesli.
Knowledge test: 13d6t5 3
I rolled on chemistry. If you want me to roll on medicine instead, it's one hit less. Can you tell me, how atropinen works rulewise? How much damage does it deal when and for how long?

Teamwork test: First Aid: 9d6t5 4
and the regular one: First Aid: 9d6t5 2 awesome -.- so nothing healed
There's no retrying first aid, is there?
I assume that the -4 dice pool penalty is applied to both of these checks as well.

EDIT: I forgot the extra dice from Psyche and the 3 bonus dice from the medkit:
missing dice: 2#4d6t5 1 2

good job. So that's 5 extra dice for his next roll and 2 points of damage healed over the course of two combat rounds. If we stay alive that long.
Jack_Spade
Atropin does 5 P damage until it's fully resisted and causes dry mouth, dilated pupils, a rapid heartbeat, hallucinations, confusion, and possibly seizures (in game terms: Disorientation)
Resist Poison: 20d6t5 5
Alright, your teamwork worked out well and stopped the poison from doing more damage.

Now, let's see how the assassin fares against Slobber's attack:

Due to Combat Sense, the adept gets a Surprise Test:
Surprise Test: 16d6t5 7
He notices the coming attack
Defense: defense: 16d6t5 4 [11d6t5=1, 6, 6, 2, 3, 1, 2, 6, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, 2, 5, 3]

All in all, a good call on your part to do both a Vitals Shot and a FA Burst as he can't regenerate that damage:
Soak: 20d6t5 7
He takes 10 S damage, his Ini drops to 28 and he now will try to kill Slobber in close combat:

Charge Attack: 18d6t5 3

gilga, you'd best roll initiative for your spirit too. He is entering active combat late, so he starts this round with -10 to Ini.
Gilga

Other than wound penalties I was not sure what to calculate into the perception. I took her raw dice + 3 for equipment.
Perception: 16d6t5 6

This is 5 hits for regular perception and 6 for visual/auditory.
Though, Anna has a mental limit of 5 - so I think that she cannot get more than 5 hits.
(perhaps the glasses/earbuds raise limit?)

If Anna wants to shoot - how many dice to take off due to invisibility?
Jack_Spade
There are a few:
The assassin is under concealment of an F8 spirit, so has -8 to be sensed
There is the smoke with -6 total concealment
Finally, there is the Invisbility spell with 6 successes.

Slobber's Motion Sense circumvents the whole penalties, as would Astral Perception, alas...

Your spirit will complain that there are mana barriers in the astral, segmenting the whole place into 2x2 m² squares, impeding astral sight.
The barriers are only F3 but still need at least a complex action to get through. (Which is why Zola said don't try to look into the Astral)

@Squirreldude
Ok, that is a really impressive display of grace and power. cool.gif
Gilga
So I take it -6 blind fire and -2 for astral sight.

Anna dares not look into the astral though because of what happened to Flatline. So 13 dice +1 aim + 1 smartlink -2 wounds -6 blind fire = 7 dice to fire the gun... I assume that the thing is very armored so the damage capacity would not be much as well.

I'll stick to the spirit and try to augment Slob with magic if she can get close enough to him.
SquirrelDude
An artist's rendition of the the Jaguar vs Slobbertooth encounter

Now, question for the team. I currently have two thoughts in my head, and I'd like your input.

1. Shoot the Jaguar in the head, repeatedly, before Zola gets here. The hope being magic can't fix a missing face, eyes, and scrambled brain. Then kill Zola.

2. Take monosaw out and cut off one of the Jaguar's legs, and try to use the rest of him as a bargaining chip for us to get out.

Any preferences? Monosaw could also be used for the whole head thing, obviously.
Gilga
Not to deter you from doing so. (I am 100% game as a player and would not take offense of any sort)

Though Anna has a code of honor and would not harm an unconscious person and would feel very uncomfortable if Slob would do so. Taking the Jaguar as hostage do seems like a smart idea, though I am not entirely sure if Zola would play that game. He seems rather brutal in his treatment of the hostages.

Or better perhaps... Let's keep his friend invisible with a timed grenade and try to sneak out of the bank while Zola makes his way to us? Tell Zola he needs to choose either to disable the Grenade or to go and kill us.

(Taking out the Horror beacon kind of gives us an alternative pay even if we did not steal everything, providing Schmidt would be true to his word.)
Jack_Spade
Well, whatever you do, you'll have to do it quickly.
You have about 6 seconds to prepare yourself.

Also something I'd like to clear up: A mage is not hampered by astral barriers that he has created himself. So he is perfectly capable of fireballing you all...
SquirrelDude
Another rules/situation question: Would throwing more Neurostun into the hallway/at Zola risk injuring the unconcious guards (if that's where they are).
Gilga
This seems strange.
Your own barriers would not restrict your astral sight?
Volker
These barriers are astral only, though, right? Are we talking about this 2x2 grid. What kind of barriers are they? I don't assume that he would sustain the spell astral barrier 40 times or so.
Jack_Spade
You are correct in that assumption.
They are called trap wards (SG p.137) and can be made to appear with a specific trigger.
Walking through it while astral active or having a spirit summoned activated them.

Important to note: Those are purely astral, so spellcasting on the mundane plane is not inhibited. Looking into the astral would block your sight inside the limits of your square as they are hazily opaque

As to creators immunity: p. 316 Core:

"Mana barriers do not affect their creators, who can see through them or pass through them at will and allow others to do so as well."
Volker
mean
Gilga
Too bad that Zola is such a psyco-killer insane murderous blood mage... there is so much he could have taught Anna wink.gif
Volker
Can I roll on explosives to find a spot where the detonations would not roast us?
Explosives: 11d6t5 5
Jack_Spade
@gilga
I'm pretty sure he intends to teach you a lesson one way or the other wink.gif

@Volker
Yeah, that spot is outside. The walls of the building are pretty tough and the corridors aren't particullarly filled with good cover. So if you want to explode some grenades, you'd better leave the room in which you are doing that.
Gilga
How far is the loo? Do we have time to take cover there - or at least move Schmidt? I am pretty sure that he cannot handle the neuro stun grenade right now.
Volker
Home many of those trap wards are there? Is this one huge grid-shaped trap ward? Or did he perform the ritual once for each square metre or so? Anna should be able to tell by the pattern of the activated sections: only those which have been passed by a spirit or spell should have solidified.
This way or that: as we haven't cast any spells or sent any elementals in the direction Zola comes from, it should suffice to destroy one of these barriers to get through to him - at least once.

EDIT: I can access both Kanmushis freely, can't I? How are they armed?
Ah, and btw: If I have any overwatch score, I use the time escaping for a reboot. This would be just a very bad time for GOD to arrive. But I think, I haven't got any.
Jack_Spade
The trap ward consists of two very long wards that have been anchorched in a snaking line pattern, intersecting each other. But they are not particularly strong with R3. You can punch through easily but they reform each round.

The Kanmushi's are micro drones without any body points to mount anything, so they are unarmed.

As for available armed drones: The answer lies in the briefing that Schmidt gave you oh so long ago biggrin.gif

@gilga

Here's the floorplan:

Bank Ground

Moving Schmidt has to be done with utmost care. Slobber's grenade lands pretty much exactly in the middle of the stairs.
SquirrelDude
To make the plan clear.

Flash-Bang and HE grenades are placed near the bottom of the stairs, wireless links active for bnc to take control of them. Slob and Krestov (and a combat drone if available), wait for the thing to start moving when the gas clears. Suppress whatever it is to try and keep it from escaping into the hall long enough for bnc to fire off the grenades. I don't think it kills it, but hopefully it's a start.

RIP
Jack_Spade
Hehe, nyahnyah.gif

keep moving wink.gif
SquirrelDude
Immediate relevant information.

How far is slobber from the grenade
How far is slobber from the door to the stairwell.

Does he recognize the weapon Kn: Firearms: 9d6t5 1

Noting here: Slob's current speeds are

Walk 12(16)
Run 24(32)
Spring 24(32)+2m*8d6t5
Jack_Spade
It's a spell (Elemental Grenade as bnc will certainly be able to tell you)
As per the plan the grenade is exactly at the base of the stairs. You still have time to get out of the way...
It's about 2 m from the base of the stairs to the door frame. Depending on the force of the spell it could have quite a large radius
Gilga
Some rule question: Would you allow Anna to levitate the grenade? If so, what force to send it flying back where it comes from, and hopefully bring us out of the radius of the blast?
Jack_Spade
Nope. That thing is not an object but a spell construct containing an elemental effect. Actually I think having another spell interact with it would either trigger it or cause an intersection, snuffing out the other spell.
Gilga
Triggering it is not such a bad option - would mean the explosion would be further away from us than it would otherwise.
However, can she help our cause by simply using the levitate spell to close the door near the stairs and preventing the grenade from getting closer to us?

I made a post leaving it vouge if she actually shuts the door or not so that you can proceed either way. I rolled perception to see if she noticed it in time to react quickly - figuring out that if she did not or if Jack would not allow the action she'll just run with the rest.

Perception: 13d6t5 5
Jack_Spade
The grenade is where it is - at the base of the stairs. Triggering it sooner won't give you anything. Closing the door is possible but not particularly easy with levitate as you have to be carefull to move the door without taking it from its hinges.
I'd say you need 4 successes on your spellcasting test or you'll instead damage the door.
Gilga
4 success is too much for her skill right now... she'll just run.
Volker
is there someplace to stick the SOK into?
What's the system's defence dice pool?

What is it rulewise? A host? A program? Gear?
Jack_Spade
Ruleswise it's a modded Triox Ubermensch RCC with a +2 Sleaze Attribute and Smoke&Mirrors running, Swarm Program and an Agent R6 + a personality program.
The SOK contains an RFID identifier as well as a pattern akin to a QR code.
Volker
From today on until Sunday, I won't be able to post, as I'm going to a LARP, where I run about in heavy platemail, swinging foam swords, drinking mead (lots of it) and singing dirty songs wink.gif

Feel free to roleplay bnc in the meanwhile. She'll try to use the defence system to bring down the mage, obviously. First objective is keeping Gerhardt alive, though. Okay, first comes our own safety, then Gerhardt's, then geeking the mage. Though geeking the mage might just result in achieving the other two objectives.
SquirrelDude
So as someone who still won't look into the magic rules closely enough: What does "Dual Natured" mean in this context? What can we do to exploit that?
Jack_Spade
It means the entity can perceive both the mundane and the astral at the same time and act on both - but can also be targeted by purely astral phenomena and has to avoid intersection with mana barriers.

@Volker

Have fun:

Hört ihr Leut' und lasst euch sagen
Euer Stündlein hat geschlagen
Was kann schöner sein,
Als ein Söldnerschwein zu sein?

Hast du Geld und hast du Sorgen
Will ich dir mein Können borgen
Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein I'm Leben
Als zu Nehmen statt zu Geben
Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein am Siegen
Als für's Töten Geld zu kriegen?
Was kann schöner sein,

Ich nehme gerne von den Armen
Kann mich Ihrer nicht erbarmen
Was kann schöner sein,

Ich habe weder Stolz noch Ehre
Nur nach Gold ich mich verzehre
Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Rauben, Plündern, Weiber nehmen
Ich muss mich für gar nichts Schämen
Was kann schöner sein,

Ich lebe gern in Saus und Braus
Und geb' mein Gold für Huren aus
Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Ist ein starker Arm von Nöten
Werd' ich eure Feinde töten
Was kann schöner sein,

Lieber sterb' ich aufrecht stehend
Als auf Knien um Gnade flehend
Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Zahlst du mir mein Söldnerleben
Weiß ich auf dich Acht zu geben
Was kann schöner sein,

Doch sollt' dein Feind mir mehr Gold geben
So lass' ich dich nicht weiterleben
Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,

Was kann schöner sein,
Gilga
Either a perciving mage or aspirit... it means that Anna's spirit can (rather ineffectively) stunbolt it from the astral. Then again Anna has little combat abilities herself. So perhaps the two of them would make a dent.

Should she use the grandes? What will they do?
Jack_Spade
Well, he went to the trouble of freezing the neuro stun grenade, so he seems to have some respect for them - of course that means he is likely to just jug one of his elemental grenades around the corner as well...

Time to mix this up a bit.
SquirrelDude
The two grenades slobber placed were flash-bangs so they'll each do 10S -4 AP damage in a 10m radius. If Anna placed the HE grenades (unlikely), they'll do 16p -2AP damage, losing 2 damage every meter out.
Gilga
We'll she'll place all of them on the floor... and if Kynos allows us to join him... bnc would have a blast blowing the grenades wink.gif

Jack_Spade
Except that bnc has isolated herself in the staff room and is now closest to Zola, separated only by a flimsy door from whatever he does next.
Also the traps you layed are currently frozen solid and their electronics non responsive.

Crossing through the Rover is not the easiest task and requires three complex actions (enter, navigate through, exit)

Having the grenades lying just around might also cause another elemental grenade thrown to neutralize them.
Gilga
Oh... I did not realize that we are cut off from bnc...

Let me think about it, I mean we can at least get Krestov and Schmidt inside. Then with all the commotion it is possible that Anna did not even realized what bnc was doing. She'll realize that bnc is exposed and dash to the rescue.

I'll edit the grenades then (?)

Okay, I edited the post - Anna does the same, Slob is firing they run away from the Grenade everything is fog of battle... So what I added is the realization that bnc was not in that room with them and that if they left she would be alone with Zola.
SquirrelDude
@Jack

Can we get a quick map layout to show exactly where bnc is in relation to the team/spirit/suppressing fire?

Slobber might be leaving the frying pan to jump into the fire.
Gilga
Can spell defense help with these grenades? They seem not to target 'us'... ?
SquirrelDude
Also, Kite was the one who could do invisibility, not Anna, right?
Jack_Spade
Sure:

https://pyrophilios.files.wordpress.com/201...t-situation.png

And, no, Kite was the rigger, Flatline and Anna have both Invisibility in their repertoire

@gilga

Spell defense works against the casting of the spell - which is actually a bit difficult with the elemental grenade spells. You'd have to dispell the spell instead (but you already tried that once with Zola's spells and it wasn't good for you)
Gilga
Well, she is a beginner as Slobber asks, though I am not sure invisibility would help.

Invisibility: 9d6t5 5
(Forgot that she was maintaining improve intuition on Slobber, so a total of -4 to all actions. (-2 wounds, -2 spell)

Improved invisibility F5:

9d6t5: 5 [9d6t5=2, 5, 6, 1, 5, 5, 6, 2, 3] Taking off the last 2 dice - due to calculation error, she keeps the hits.

drain: 14d6t5 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012