Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Panzerknacker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Jul 15 2018, 11:42 PM) *
Thanks, boys!

The Steyr TMP and the Ares Sigma-3 both have a too low Accuracy, I find.
I guess, I'll go with the Suppressor.
So, I'll basically need an internal smartlink system (+700y) and gas vent system lvl 3 (600) and I'm good, right?

Something else:
We have received some nice stuff we could keep (e.g. the armor). Has anyone noted what this is? When we received the equipment, I thought we had to give it back after the run and didn't write it down. Was there anything else beside the armor? Also, does anyone have the stats?

You should know that you can use Sensor Targeting which makes the original accuracy of the weapon pretty much irrelevant - especially since your Rigger Control (+2) and Smartsoft (+2) already increase your ACC.
And even if not, you can use electronic firing, trigger removal, long barrel, so ACC is the least of your worries. The Suppressor is not an SMG but an Automatic Pistol with less damage ( 1 point DV is worth on average 3 points of AP). Also realize that reloading is a bitch to do on a weapon mount in combat. Even with an extended mag you'll face difficulties to shoot for more than one encounter. Add to that that drum weapons can be enhanced with ammo select, allowing you to switch to which ever ammo you need without reloading and you'll understand why I recommend the SIGMA.
SquirrelDude
Original Ask was for for a machine pistol, not an SMG

QUOTE (Volker @ Jul 15 2018, 10:36 AM) *
I want to buy a new MP, but I'm not yet sure.

That said, why are we arming an "expensive drone" with a machine pistol? Should I regret that we sold that Ruhrmetal SF-20?
Volker
1) Funny. I was just about to post my questions regarding the Black Rover with Ruhrmetal. We never got any money for it, so I wanted to ask whether or not we sold it (and get some money for it) or if Schmidt somehow shipped that thing to the ADL?

2) What about my MCT-Nissan Motodrone? Can i bring that one? Also the Noizquitos, but they really should not prove a problem.

3) @SquirrelDude: We are not arming anything. bnc is. It's more of a personal thing than an efficiancy thing. But you'll see.

4) Keeping the Ruhrmetal SF-20 would still not be a bad idea. Even if we can't keep the rover it's mounted to, we will be able to afford a new drone to attach it to. I musst admit, though, that bnc spent her entire money on bulldrek she finds wiz wink.gif

5) Is it okay if I just write "super-wizzed up body armor" in my sheet?
Jack_Spade
The Rover with the Ruhrmetal is still in your garage at your hideout.

All your personal (semi-legal) equipment has to be send through smugglers to your new adresses - provided you want to haul all that stuff with you to Europe and don't plan to come back again.
(That's a job that Slobber or Kazuya can do for you)

As mentioned before: This armor was part of the heist and Mike recommended you get rid of it, least you get connected to it somehow.
If you ignore his well meaning advice, you can have it.

Full Body Armor w/ Chemical Seal
+ Gel Pads
+ Non-Conductivity 6
+ Thermal Dampening 6
+ Fire Resistance 6
Helmet
+ Low Light Vision
+ IR-Vision
+ Flash Compensation
+ Trodes
+ Micro Transceiver
+ Vision Magnification

And one more word on SMGs and MPs

Instead of the Surpressor, I'd recommend the Savalette Guardian Heavy Pistol. It has one more DV, and basic RC. Also it has BF capability, so is actually superior to the Remington (since both don't have an integrated silencer)
Gilga
Thanks! I'll take the Guardian for Yael to enjoy BF with pistols skills. (did not know it was a thing).
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jul 17 2018, 12:48 PM) *
Instead of the Surpressor, I'd recommend the Savalette Guardian Heavy Pistol. It has one more DV, and basic RC. Also it has BF capability, so is actually superior to the Remington (since both don't have an integrated silencer)
Oh right there was errata on that so that the Burst Fire functionality wasn't a lie.

Also, looking at Anna's new street cred (LOL btw), how do we accomplish the impromptu new campaign goal of actually making Yael exceed her social limit on a skill check?
Gilga
Oh now I am really really confused about that gun. Semi-automatic guns can already do 3 round burst as a complex action. (SB) The benefit of automatic weapons is the burst fire mode allowing it as a simple action. So now they introduce a gun with a burst fire mode and a special rule that says that using it is a complex action?

Does it give the gun any new ability? I am confused now.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (scarius @ Jun 1 2018, 09:26 AM) *
Hey everyone, I was looking at some stuff for an up coming con and noticed the cerulean shadows stuff. I had a quick look around on the interwebs but I couldn't find anything about it.

I was hoping that someone could tell me a bit about it and if I would need a neo Tokyo style runner or a Chicago style runner for the games?

As mentioned, that has been errataed, it now works like a normal SA/BF weapon.

But even if the BF needed a complex action, you'd still be able to fire a 6 round burst, making this pretty decent.
Gilga
Well, nice! I did not know that. The problem is the 12 shots, but it'll be nice to have this kind of gun.
Jack_Spade
Easily remedied with an extended magazine and now also with the dual mag Mod from Street Lethal
Luckace
Oh wow, it seems there's a whole lot more you can do with guns than i would have thought biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info, I'll probably revisit Raph's pistol again (currently standard Ares Predator V with silencer).
SquirrelDude
TBH the granularity of firearm modification is one of my least favorite things about the game.
Gilga
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jul 17 2018, 09:59 PM) *
Oh right there was errata on that so that the Burst Fire functionality wasn't a lie.

Also, looking at Anna's new street cred (LOL btw), how do we accomplish the impromptu new campaign goal of actually making Yael exceed her social limit on a skill check?

Chummer adds it up according to Karma spent. So this is what happens after spending almost 400 karma... I actually never played with steet cred, or I completely missed it until now.

Interesting enough we have too equally social characters in the group right now. So I anticipate plenty of teamwork.
SquirrelDude
Sharkboy is going to be tricky to work with for this first run.

Code of Honor (Luchador's Code: May never take off mask, Must keep kayfabe, Must always give a good show/appear larger than life)
The wikipedia article on kayfabe is linked, but I'll sum it up. If a wrestling promoter/promoters are asking for my character to be a rudo/heel/dickhead the character will need to be a dickhead both in and out of work. If they want him to be a tecnico/face then he's going to be a good person, not want to do ambushes, and be a bit naive (and use this as entrance music).

Jack, as GM/NPC controller has a role in deciding what Sharkboy's alignment will be and when he will turn face/heel. He has requested for the first run that he is a heel. It is very unlikely to change during this run.

I'll probably add this to the character sheet, actually.
Gilga
Seems exciting wink.gif
Volker
Sheesh, now I'm really leaving my turf. I don't know exactl what "granulated" means, but I think I know exactly how you feel. I have no clue what "long barrel" or "electronic firing" means nor can I find them in CRB, Gun H(e)aven or Run & Gun (I don't know or own Street Lethal).

So, uhm, would any one of you so kind as to just mod up a Savalette Guardian for a drone weapon mount and then tell me how much it is and roughly what it can do? I'm completely lost. Preferrably without any additional MP for the drone. That would be most awesome.
Jack_Spade
I can only recommend getting Hard Targets. It has some of the most usefull content for all kinds of runners.

I'll build one for you when I get home
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ Jul 19 2018, 01:29 AM) *
Sheesh, now I'm really leaving my turf. I don't know exactl what "granulated" means, but I think I know exactly how you feel. I have no clue what "long barrel" or "electronic firing" means nor can I find them in CRB, Gun H(e)aven or Run & Gun (I don't know or own Street Lethal).

1. "Granularity", per the dictionary means "the scale or level of detail present in a set of data or other phenomenon." That's not too helpful. In context it means that the game is being overly detailed/technical in how it handles weapon attachments for very little gain in terms of enjoyment. Mind you, I"m someone who hates the D&D/Pathfinder weapon's table (Why are long swords and bastard swords not the same thing?!), so the fact that probably over 50% of shadowrun weapons are straight garbage is frustrating enough before you get into there being 100 weapon attachments for 5 slots. Some of those attachments have no right even being in the game.

To give an example: The fact that I need to separately buy slide rails for a 2600¥ assault rifle, when most semi-serious airsoft rifles come with them standard, is a fucking joke.

2. As Jack said, those things are from Hard Targets. Oh hey, what are these things that I found.

Electronic Firing - Pg 180: +1 Recoil compensation, -1 dice pool to locate where the weapon is being fired from. Requires caseless ammunition. Often combined with trigger removal
Trigger Removal - Pg 182: Requires Smartlink. +1 Accuracy. Not cumulative with other modifications other than Smartlink.
Long Barrel - Pg 181: Increase Accuracy by 1. Concealability Modifier +1
Jack_Spade
Modded Savalette

ACC 6 (8 )
DV 8P
AP –1
MODE SA/BF
RC 2(6)
AMMO 2x18©
AVAIL 6R
COST 3980¥

Smartlink
+ Vision Magnification 250¥
(barrel) Silencer (-4 to perceiving shot) 500¥
(side) Custom Look (+1 Intimidate, +1 to identify again) 300¥
(internal) Electronic Firing (+1 RC, -1 to perceiving shot) 1000¥
(Grip) Trigger Removal (+1 ACC) 50¥
(-) Additional Magazine Mod 870¥
Extended Magazine R2 2x (+2 conceal) 140¥

Small Weapon Mount is another 750¥ (at body 4 you get another 4 points of RC) and 2 MP
If you go for the hidden, reusable weapon mount it's 1050¥ and 3MP

In total you'll pay 5030¥ for a very silent burst fire weapon with enough ammo for 6 phases of continuous fire (although you won't be able to compensate that RC anymore)
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jul 14 2018, 06:01 PM) *
Perfect. Slob has 21 Karma remaining. With GM's permission, I would like to spend 20 of that, and have Slob spend the next few months hiding out in Europe to remove the wanted negative quality.
@Jack Did I miss a response to this or can I get a response to this? Want to clear it with the GM before I buy off wanted on Slobbertooth with his remaining Karma.
Jack_Spade
Oh, sorry, yeah, go ahead
Volker
Cool, thanks for the gun! I'll buy it.

Should the weapon mount not be 300? "Pop-up mounts may be installed with a Shop, and they cost 100 nuyen x the increased MP of the weapon." (Rigger 5.0, p. 124)

The Rover 2072 is 68,000. At 40 % resale it would be 27,000. Divided by 5, that's still 5,440 nuyen each. I'd say, we sell the Rover and keep the Ruhrmetal for another drone/vehicle/whatever.

Is that okay for everyone? The MCT-Nissan rotodrone was bnc's anyway IIRC.
SquirrelDude
I'd recommend keeping a Rover unless it costs more to transport it across the ocean than it does to buy a new one in Europe. It's a good car.
Volker
But I need the money :-S

@Jack how much would it be to bring an illegal armed van from Seattle to Munich/Linz?
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ Jul 20 2018, 09:43 AM) *
But I need the money :-S

How
Volker
Uhm. It, uh, appears that I have spent 865,000 nuyen ... so I guess I need to borrow something biggrin.gif
Don't give money to bnc, really. She's just like any dude: She'll by expensive toys and be broke again in no time. Sheesh... She'll so end up geeked by some drekhead. Alone the stuff in her head is worth a fortune.
Gilga
Wow;) Do I see the in debt quality? Winning 800k reward and ending up with a debt to leg breakers few months later.

Volker
nope, I had some reserves. And I desided to postpone two implants I would have loved to have frown.gif why is the money always gone?
Jack_Spade
To answer your question: It would cost a little bit more to smuggle the van then you'd get from the sale.

Well, at least you'll have a reason to go on a new run biggrin.gif
Gilga
I was unaware that we had a rover? Does 'We' means bnc, Sob and Krestov? (and Torrent?)
Volker
Uhm, I believe so, yes. I think we received it when Torrent was still part of the group. But as he vanished, he sort of gave his part to the team, I guess.

Well, I see it from the perspetive of our characters: We see it as our common property, and now we split up. Unless you intend to just give it to your rigger (which she would humbly accept), there are only two options left:
- let it rot in some garage in Seattle, never to be touched again
- sell the thing

Or do you see any other option?
Gilga
I think that bnc is the only PC with a claim to this equipment. So if you sell it either split it with Slob and Krestov. Or, if they are okay with it it can be part of bnc's equipment. Anna can also pay for the transfer if she gets part ownership in return.

SquirrelDude
We got the rover when we got Zelda and helped out Sunkid. The rover was the triad's old car. They were dead and didn't exactly need it anymore.

Slob would probably expect to have a use for the vehicle when he is moving his parents in 3 months. In practice it would sitting in a freezer with him, though.
Jack_Spade
Unless you are short on cash, I'd suggest keeping the Rover in Seattle. In the middle distant future, you might have need of it.
Volker
Okay, then let's do nothing with it for the moment. Slob can use it while he moves his parents, and from then on we'll see.
SquirrelDude
Using this old thread to remind a certain player who's name starts with G and end sin "ilga" that they still need to provide a description of Anna.

Also using it to post all the information we've provided all in one place.

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jul 11 2018, 12:14 PM) *
Good news, my expendable minions:

Obidancer has expressed interest in portraiting our little group - it will just take a while since he is pretty busy with his day job.

In other news, I think I have found the real life equivalent of bnc - should she get older and decide to go into cabaret

Anna
QUOTE (Gilga @ Jun 3 2018, 01:51 PM) *
I envision her wearing a fancy black dress and then sneaking away to steal something. Or perhaps on stage in open mic night with the guitar. Or trying to study - but bored to tears in the university. The challenge is that she does not have any distinctive tattoos or drones or fancy tech on her. I also did not give her such a distinctive appearance all I have in mind is an attractive woman, a bit curvey for the 'elven' standard of beauty but she does not even try to imitate it. She likes having tits and ass and 'something to grab'. She likes her body, nurtures it, trains a lot, eats well and grooms herself.

I'll try to crystalize it into something more drawable though.

Green eyes, short hair (not marine short but shorter than her shoulders), tan skin, average height human. She is wearing a fancy night dress (say black?). She can either be singing or be trying to hide a magic ring from the rest wink.gif E.g holding it behind her back or something, in a closed fist where some aura is visible from that hand, something like that.

bnc
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 5 2018, 02:39 AM) *
I imagine bnc sitting in front of Krestov. I'd like him very much to rest on hand casually on his shoulder, protecting her in a non-invasive way. bnc would have control AROs in front of her, like the decker in the CRB. It would be really awesome if we could somehow fit her persona into the image. Maybe she's editing it or something, and thus hovers in front of her. She'd be absorbed in whatever she does on the image.

And yeah, maybe her eye drone hovers over the whole image, surveilling the whole group. I think it would be fun, if the image feed of the drone could be visible on a small ARO screen in front of bnc, somewhere at the top left, visible to her without being distracting.

What do you think?
I know Volker has provided a more detailed description of bnc at points in IC threads, but I wasn't able to find them.

From my memory
Short/slight build. Unhealthily skinny and frail. Pale skin. Drug problem.

Fashion: Punk/Street Look
Gear: Cyberdeck in her head
Key Cyberware: Hair that changes color. Cybereyes, one that can actually come out of her socket and fly around
Armed with: Ingram SMG (not that she's likely to use it)

Schmitt (Mr. Johnson) & Mike
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 4 2018, 04:11 PM) *
Description Schmitt:

About 185cm tall, weight ca. 75kg,
Western European phenotype, lightly tanned skin, blue eyes, dark blond hair: Schmitt is tall and has the physique of a marathon runner - more lanky than muscular, but with wirry strength.
Usually clean shaven, hair cut rather short with slightly receeding hairline, wears rimless glasses, but not for corrective purposes, has a discreet datajack at the base of the neck.
Wears tailored, dark/marine blue suits with no visible jewelry like rings or a watch.

Mike:
About 170cm tall, weight ca. 90kg
Broad shouldereed orc, light brown skin, amber eyes, grey/salt'n pepper hair: Has the physique of a prize boxer, although he is visibly aged with sagging skin and a clearly broken and badly set nose.
Usually sports some unstylish stubble, but no full beard, close cropped hair with very large, slightly pointy ears. No visible cyber, wears contacts.
Wears grey jump suits and heavy boots and occassionally a base cap (shield facing front), usually smiles and carries most often a broom or some other tool with him.

Slobbertooth / Krestov / Torrent
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jun 4 2018, 03:52 PM) *
Slobbertooth

Metatype: Ork
Height/Weight 6'2" - 6'5" / 240-260 LBS. I never really got a good idea of how much I wanted him to weigh or how tall he would be. I'm usually one to roll this stuff on random tables.
Skin Color: Pale white. Almost grey. Both from orc ancestry and his tendency to work at night.

Eyes: Grey-Red
Hair Color: Black, poorly maintained. Hair usually kept in a ponytail. A scruffy beard that runs along his jawline from ear to ear. No mustache. No neckbeard.
Key facial features: Abnormally large tusks, and scar lines on his left cheek that could be claw marks.
Mentor Spirit: Wolf
Cyberwear: None

Build: Large and Athletic. Damaged from his profession and lifestyle, but in the condition necessary to run the shadows. Not this or this. Closer to this or this with the usual proviso of "less handsome".
Key body features: No cybernetics. No tattoos (last I checked...location No Foci tats). Maybe he'll get a tattoo after this is done (his parent's names with the date of their death, and the date he killed the woman who signed their assassination contract), but it wouldn't be visible for this.

Clothing: An unzipped and loosely fitting black armored jacket and jeans. Well worn boots or athletic wear for shoes. Motorcycle/combat helmet sitting next to his feet.
Armament: Customized Yamaha Raiden w/Grenade Launcher, optics, and slide-rails on each each side, hanging from a sling. Ruger Super Warhawk in a holster.

Next to him would be Zelda, a Tibetan Mastiff rescued from some Triad gangsters. Slob could be either kneeling or maybe sitting with her head resting on his thigh. Slobber would be giving her a big smile and petting her head or scratching behind the ears.

I'll also put here what we have on Krestov and Torrent

Krestov
If the words "troll pretty boy" could ever possibly fit together into the same sentence, it would be in reference to this man. Clean teeth, evenly symmetrical horns that aren't too large, smooth skin, and an Adonis-like body fitness nuts only dream about. His golden blonde hair is kept long and straight, a veritable mane extending just past his jawline, reflecting the sunlight almost as well as his ice-blue eyes. Only a few scars here or there mar his otherwise perfect features, but those only do to accentuate a rugged, fearless disposition. When comfortable, he dresses comfortably, loose jeans and a snug t-shirt donning his frame, a lined trenchcoat covering that for when he goes out. On the job, though, that changes quickly. Gearing up, his armored jacket covers what seems to be a sort of BDU outfit, his head covered by a stylised helmet decorated with golden feathers etched on the sides. His voice rumbles with power, giving off the notion that this man could hurt you...but chooses not to

Good, but It's a bit out of date. E.G. Krestov doesn't have natural eyes anymore.

Height ??? Avg troll height is 2.5m/8'2"
Weight ??? Avg weight is 300 kg/661lbs

Notable Cyberwear: Cybereyes are the only visible chrome.
Armament: Ares Crusader II Machine Pistol (Most likely hidden in his jacket). More importantly, carries a Ballistic Shield

Outfit: Purchased a Sleeping Tiger, which doesn't have an official description. It's apparently pretty garish piece of clothing designed to catch the eye and mesh with the world of high fashion. Maybe something like this or this, but with a bit more color.

Bodytype. Typically a troll in shadowrun looks something like this. Tall and Wide. Doesn't really work for a troll pretty-boy though. Something like this or the current-standard fantasy orc would work better for maintaining that stereotypical male ideal triangle shape that Krestov should have. He'd obviously be more handsome than the first example, less green than the second two, something like this, but with horns. Don't know what type of horns they would be though.

Torrent
Street name: Torrent

Metatype: Elf

Sex:male

Height:1.90 m

Weight 82 kg

That's all we got, but that makes sense for how often Torrent changes his appearance.

Clothing: Chameleon Suit, Ballistic Mask
Armament: Silenced Savalette Guardian
Notable Gear/Features: Gecko Tape Gloves, Qi Focus Tatoo Improved Sneaking
Notable powers: Face Sculpt, Melanin/Keratin/Voice control.
Mentor Spirit: Raven

That torrent changed his appearance so often makes this difficult, obviously. It's why I proposed the symbolic act of him hiding half of his face behind his ballistic mask. Perhaps also have some kind visual to indicate the purposeful manipulation of his appearance with magic.
Gilga
Lets do it :
Green eyes, short hair (not marine short but shorter than her shoulders), tan skin, average height human. She is wearing a fancy night dress (say black?). She can either be singing or be trying to hide a magic ring from the rest wink.gif E.g holding it behind her back or something, in a closed fist where some aura is visible from that hand, something like that.
Jack_Spade
News from Obidancer:
He has started work on the individual characters and it will be about 20$ per character
Volker
cool!

Here's a picture of how I see bnc, although she might be a bit less pretty:
https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-publi...tattoo.jpg?w968

She's around 1,70 tall and skinny. Since she's usually wearing a wide, black hoody, this only shows in her hollow features. Her eyes may look a tad bulbous as she lacks basically all fat in her face. She might have rings under her eyes from sleep deprivation.
As for her hair, I'd like to have it black, maybe (if he wants) with a tiny hint of dark blue, dark green or violet in it. An iroquese is okay, but also just lengthy hair, anything goes. Her teint is pale in an unhealthy way, her lips are colorless. She has no boobs and no ass. Just skin and bones.
She sometimes has tattoes. Maybe Obidancer can add a Maori style motive, a Japanese symbol or a chinese dragon (only black!) on her check and/or neck.

Will he also need a drescription of her persona?
Jack_Spade
I don't think so - at least I couldn't imagine how you'd incorporate the matrix persona into such an image.
Volker
I just realized that there is a buddhistic stupa at the Wiener Zentralfriedhof biggrin.gif
Is the blue dot indicating our position or the secret entry?
Volker
[Any admin who stumbles upon this post. Please delete it and explain to me how I can do it myself. Thanks]
Jack_Spade
The blue dot in the south is the parking place, the one just north of Zentralfriedhof 9. Tor Aussegnungshalle is the entrance
Volker
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 6 2019, 07:48 PM) *
"Guess, the neighbors weren't too happy about the noise. We should move. Don't forget the other car."

What other car?
SquirrelDude
Volker accidentally summoned unthread, but i do think it's a good time to ask about progress on this

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Aug 10 2018, 03:32 PM) *
News from Obidancer:
He has started work on the individual characters and it will be about 20$ per character

Jack_Spade
Obi has been busy for quite some time. I'll ask him how things are going.
SquirrelDude
SeemsGood
SquirrelDude
Raising unthread one more time to ask again about the pictures... 9 months after last time I asked and forgot to follow up.
Jack_Spade
Haven't heard from Obi in a long time, I'm sorry to say frown.gif
I'm afraid, that picture might have died.
SquirrelDude
Thx. Unfortunate but no money was lost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012