Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC : STARDUST
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
FrostyNSO
I've got some cadets that I'm field-training tonight, so I won't be available to post. Sorry Folks.
Mister Juan
I was bored, so I decided to go ahead and send you all the rolls concerning the gear. I don't have my BBB with me, so could someone tell me the avail on neuro stun, gel rounds and holsters?

SA Puzzle: 9/1wk
13 13 05 04 01 = 2 successes
3,5 days = 84 hours

Neuro Stun IX: I know it exists... can't remember where it is in the books. Help?

Hi-C Plastic Bullets: 6/1wk
16 07 07 04 04 = 3 successes
2,3 days = 56 hours

Morrissey Elan: 8/7days
05 03 02 02 01 = 0 successe
No can do

Raecor Sting: 10/7days
05 05 05 02 01
Well... goodbye holdouts sarcastic.gif

Gel Rounds: same as neuro

FrostyNSO
I didn't feel like bothering you with all the rolls so I just went with your sweeping huge roll to save time. Turns out we were posting about the same time.
Mister Juan
Oh... so how do we go about? I just take what you posted and we get our hands on all the item within a week... or do we take my rolls? (just want to know that before I post again)
FrostyNSO
I was just rolling with everything's available, it will just take a week for now.

I'll get back to the convo's as soon as I can, I got the young pups (cadets) again tonight, so I'll be busy.
FrostyNSO
Once again, the "Super Officer" is training the "young pups" tonight. I will be unavailable yet again. I am really, really sorry about this.

JF
Mister Juan
All good buddy!

Just got one question for you concerning the meet that Varya will set up: if possible, Ludmila would like her to be there as well (to "present" her "friend" to Stone)

... and if possible, Ludmilla will suggest that the meet take place at any night club or restaurant that is controlled by the mafia (a lot simple for her, since she's from that background)
FrostyNSO
Have a free moment smile.gif I assumed Varya would be there. Did you want a mafia joint or russian mob joint? Either way, just name the place and Varya can try to set it up.
Mister Juan
Yea, I was sorta vague about that: a russian mob place, of course wink.gif
Mister Juan
Well, glad to have two new guys aboard.

Shadow: again, pleasure to have you around wink.gif

Frosty: Mate, I think you forgot Hank... he's still in the room with Jacky and Ludmila
Shadow
Wee can't wait to join in, so far it looks top notch!

Slacker
Good to be in the group. I'm about to head out for the evening so probably won't be posting again until rather late tonight, at which point I'll be reading up on what's already been going on in the thread. What i've read so far looks good.
FrostyNSO
Frosty: Mate, I think you forgot Hank... he's still in the room with Jacky and Ludmila

Yeah, I know. I'm supposed to be NPCing his ass (which I am loathe to do). I wanted to get something up for the players who are actually active, first. It is safe to assume, Hank's paranoid ass is readying a weapon and taking cover on a convenient corner.
Mister Juan
I'd even go as far as saying his already pumping rounds after rounds into the door rotfl.gif
FrostyNSO
I made a wee mistaky...

Worm and Gun are a little ahead of the game at the current time. As MS has surely figured out OOC, Mr. Stone will prolly be meeting with us =) Anyways, I'm gonna get those two on their way while the rest of the group hashes out the uninvited visitor and what not.

Hopefully I can do this without making my mistake a glaring sore on the game.
Shadow
Hey Frosty, something I have done in the past when players leave is to pretend like there character doesn't exist. No NPCing etc. Just act like they are not present. If they ever come back they can just pick back up, and if they don't you don't have to play them.

I assumed I was in Seattle.
Mister Juan
Well, if its the Star kicking down the door, I want Hank to be there nyahnyah.gif I mean... he's got a gun and stuff.... wink.gif
FrostyNSO
Well, I've pretty much been using the "thin air" routine for Hank. I havn't quite decided yet. For now, he'll be hanging with the team. Once we get rolling, he'll go the way of the contact.
Mister Juan
grinbig.gif Thats a lot of smilies on the 1st page of the board !
FrostyNSO
The only thing left to me is the standout red smilies now...

I wish you could design your own smily (or whatever designator) to use...that'd be hot.

That's a lot of happy threads!
Shadow
Make sure I understand this right...

[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Yep...sorry.

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
I don't really have anything for him to do other than tourist stuff.
FrostyNSO
Ok, well then we'll be waiting for Worm and Jacky D to hop in.
Shadow
Damn. So probably no more tonight?
FrostyNSO
Probably not. I'm heading to the gym ina few minutes anyways nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
pffft nyahnyah.gif

That ain't no excuse! You should be wired to internet at the gym... Those people and exercising. Doing physical activities simply adds to the risk of injuries...
FrostyNSO
They already have those treadmills with a TV built in...now they just need to give them internet access.

Though, treadmills are stupid...If I want to go for a run, I'll just go for a run. If I just had a datajack, I could disable RAS Override and do all the lifting, pushups, and crunches I want!
Mister Juan
Soon mate, soon!

(who the hell am I kidding...)
Slacker
In case it's needed for asking for the additional fee, here's a Negotiations test:
[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Not neccessary. This guy is a pro and has no problem with that.
Slacker
Wormwood will wait until an appropriate hour and then head out to Matchsticks wearing his Fine clothing over the form-fitting bodysuit.

He'll be leaving his pistol and protector in the car for now, but he will have his shockgloves with him.

Without trying to draw attention he will surreptitiously scope out their security measure, both around the perimeter and within the place. That done, he will try to blend into the crowd and get a feel for the environment.

The only odd thing he will do, that may draw attention is to ask if they carry absinthe. Its a rare drink (illegal in modern day U.S.) made from wormwood, so I doubt they'll have it, but it is something he is always looking for.

Various Rolls (if at all necessary):
[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
I'm going to give Wormwood and Shadow the same disclaimer I gave to everyone else.

I am not a writer, nor very good at writing one way or another. If my dialogue sucks, I'm sorry. If my style and descriptions suck, I'm sorry. I am actually trying my best, I'm just not very good at it.

Apolagizing in advance.
Slacker
Hey, no big deal and actually so far its good. I've actually had a few things published and I suck at dialogue.
Slacker
While waiting in line does Wormwood see the bouncers giving anybody a hard time about getting in? i.e. does he see anybody being stopped for packing heat?

Also, as he enters would it appear that the bouncers are the only way they have of detecting weapons, or do they have some MAD systems?
Shadow
I like your style, its very relaxed and more like a tabletop game then the boards usually are. I normally spen hours agonizing over post to make sure they are gramatically correct. I feel a little more relaxed in this game.
FrostyNSO
Stuff keeps coming up out here (they actually expect me to work). I wanted to get to your post Shadow, but I will have to see about it tomorrow after I fix my truck. Sorry man, I won't forget, I promise!
Shadow
No worries, weekends are usually dead around here so no biggie.
Mister Juan
Frosty: Come on, stop saying that you don't write well an accept that you do write well nyahnyah.gif Self denigration (ok... is that a word? It is in french if it helps my case) is never a positive thing.

Alright... that was my 2 nuyen.gif of the day; off to work!
FrostyNSO
IC:

Jerod sighed with apprehension, looking at the connector and hose clamps in the palm of his hand. It'd been three days since he began smelling the sweet chemical odor of coolant in the cab of his old Ford pickup.

After three days of carpooling to work and having to walk to the store, he had finally rounded up enough time to fix the vererable vehicle. Jerod had never been a "car guy", and the prospect of self-repair was one he never took to with a grain of salt. Relying on the knowledge of his co-workers, and having heard the same thing from all of them, he knew that the heater core was leaking. To replace it would be prohibitive of time and effort, not to mention expensive. He could however, bypass the the heater core altogether. Doing so would would mean severing the coolant hoses that ran from the radiator and engine to meet with the firewall, and use a connector to match the hoses together.

The parts had been easy enough to find. The hoses were both of different size, and would need a special connector, which was obtained at the local autoparts store in short order. Still, Jerod not knowing much about vehicles, found the idea of delving under the hood and cutting all manner of hoses to be risky at best...at least as far as he was concerned. Auto repair was far different than apprehending war criminals in Bosnia, or fighting rebels in the Congo. He laughed to himself, This is nothing compared to the other things you've done in your life. What are you worried about? Getting shot by Serbs while your bent over the engine block? Get it together.

Grabbing the folding knife from his pocket and smoothly flipping it open with a brush of his thumb, Jerod grasped the hose leading from the engine to the firewall and began sawing with the serrated segment of the knife. To his suprise, the knife cut through the black rubber tubing with ease. As he reached the halfway point, coolant dumped from the wound and covered his hands in milky green fluid. A few seconds later, he was completely through the hose, and began looking for the other. Quickly following the proper line from the radiator to the firewall, he grabbed hold and began to cut. Making it through the line with equal ease.
Snapping the connector from the truck's passenger seat, he secured it to the engine hose, which gave some resistance, after slipping the clamp over the rubber. With the hose firmly in place, Jerod used his screwdriver to secure the clamp. After a similar operation to connect the second hose, the job looked complete.

Jerod looked from side to side so as to locate the landlord of his apartment complex. He had dumped a terrible amount of coolant all over the ground when he cut the hoses...hopefully the landlord wouldn't come walking out until after he was long gone. Grabbing the replacement gallon of premixed coolant he'd bought, Jerod started up the old Ford, which turned over with ease. In little time, the coolant was refilled and the truck was running normally. Only tonight's long drive would tell if the repair would hold up, but all in all, there was no more he could do.

Grabbing a towel, Jerod wiped the sweat off his forhead, but grimaced in suprise. "Damnit." He had used that same towel to wipe the coolant off his hands earlier.

Wow, that was easy.... He thought to himself.

OOC:

Car B/R (default to reaction)
[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Hey Shadow, are you going to valet that Eurocar?
Shadow
If they offer valet service, yeah
Mister Juan
Qillin.... has anyone seen him?
Qillin
Sorry for not posting in a while. That said next week end I値l be at my Mothers for her b-day, she doesn't live close to me so I spend the night when I see her so I値l post sat morning before I head out and then try when I get back Sunday night. And then the next week end I知 going on vacation, from 8/19 to 8/28 I'm not sure how much computer time I値l have while I知 gone but I should get a post in once a day or every 2 days mon-fri that week but probably not those 2 week ends but then after that I知 not going out of town for some time so I should be able to post consistently, again sorry for not posting in a while and sorry about my upcoming slowness of posting while on my vacation.

That said. Welcome aboard you new guys.
Glad to have Shadow here he seems to be a good poster.

Mister Juan
Frosty: Two questions for ya
1 -> Where are you man? nyahnyah.gif
2 -> What's that IC / OOC post a bit up there?
FrostyNSO
1) Had to take the dog down south (5 hour drive +traffic each ways) because I can't keep her anymore frown.gif . Moving into new place tomorrow/thenext day indifferent.gif . Cat that I raised from a kitten just died frown.gif . Etc... etc...

2) That was me fixing my truck (in real life) that day. I don't know what I was thinking. Actually, that roll was reaction, but it should've been a default to intelligence so I'm going to have to go out and redo it smile.gif

I should be fully operational by Friday.

Shadow
Take your time man, sounds like life is being tough atm. We all understand.
FrostyNSO
Worm, you see the bouncers turn a few dudes away because they haven't got (or are unwilling to pay) the cover, and don't see any MAD systems. The bouncers don't give any pat searches but the big guy watching the line seems to look closely at each person who reaches the front of the line (including you). If he saw any weapons that whole time, he sure didn't say anything.

Gun, I assumed since your going valet, and seem to be in "may as well enjoy it" mood, that you wouldn't mind skipping the line. If not, let me know. Also, I'll just tell you now, that your cover has prolly been charged to your hotel balance (since the concierge would have taken care of that formality). Any problems with anything, let me know. I try not to take too many liberties, but do sometimes to get things going.

Also, If you want a description of the inside, I refer you to Wormwood's spoiler...It took forever for me to type up and I'm a little busy smile.gif

A note to the other players: I didn't have time to scour the post for the initial description of this place, but tried to remember what I'd done last time. I don't know how well I did, but I think I remembered the main stuff. If anything is different, we'll just roll with this most recent description when applicable, otherwise I guess I can edit. Sorry folks!

(this is where my writing gets wierd...and don't even ask me what day or even time it is!)
Qillin
i'm taking off for the week end see you guys back sunday night
Qillin
perception threw the peep door
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012