1: 2
2: 5 ... Success
3: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13. ... Success
4: 4
5: 4
6: 5 ... Success
7: 2
8: 6 + 2 = 8. ... Success

I know I have cyberware bonuses, but I dont have that sheet with me now and I think it only gives me extra passes so for now Im just going with the basic attribute.

8+4 successes = Init 12
Whizbang
Ah....so I do have the right number....
HeySparky
And, duh, look at me posting incomplete info.

Charlotte Init, 7+2: 9
[5] 4 [6] 3 1 1 4
Hits 2
HeySparky
Charlotte's Psychometry on the Deray/Chip handoff:
3 3 2 [5] [6] 3 [6] [6] 2 2 4 1 4 1 1 4 2
5 Hits

What she assenses is your call, Fen. This is one of her involuntary-Dead-Zone-type assensings, so she's not specifically looking for anything. Though she would be very interested in Deray's feelings about the chip, and certainly who the chip's handlers had been, and anything else that she could pick up off the chip.

Let me know what, if any, actions of the current post overstep my initiative roll.
BishopMcQ
initiative 10
Blitz
Nice post Sparky!
Fenris
Whizbang - All the men are non-awakened, in good health, excited and frustrated by their search for the information Deray or Charlotte or both has. Most of them have minor headware, no bioware, not suffering from any diseases or toxins.

Sparky - I'm just checking, I remember talking about this previously, but I can't find any of the posts related to it. Is the psychometry you're talking about basically just a reactive assensing roll? Or is it something else I'm not finding in the book?

And I think the actions you've posted so far will fly wink.gif

Initiative Order:

15 - Yi
12 - Blitz
11 - bad guys group 2
10 - Jeff
10 - Mickey
9 - Charlotte
8 - Bad Guys group 1

Yi's up first wink.gif
HeySparky
It's Assensing by the rules, but at your discretion or mine, sometimes Charlotte doesn't get to decide when she's assensing.

And, DUH, I have Combat Paralysis... so

Init is 7/2 (round up?): 4
3 3 2 [5]

Init 5 for the first round. I'll reroll or we can take the 9 when the second round comes.
Buddha72
Ok going to spend a Simple Action to ready 2 shurikens (coated with Gamma) then another Simple Action to throw one at the nearest hostile at the door with a big gun (think assualt rifle)

Throwing Weapons + Agility (Sp: Shuriken)
01 02 03 04 05 05 05 06 06 (5 hits)

Gamma-Scopolamine
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Paralysis
Fenris
Yi, 2 net hits. What's the DV on the shuriken?

Blitz, Dakota is up.
Buddha72
Base damage is 2P so it's now 4P. Sorry forgot to include that in the post above.
Fenris
Yi, net 1 hit, so 1 point of physical damage.
Blitz
I can't seem to find my character sheet anywhere and I dont have a list of my equipment and cyberware. I hate to hold up the group, but I will need to redo that work when I get home. I know my base abilities, but without the details I have no idea exactly what Im shooting. Im fairly sure it was a Colt Manhunter or similar with ex explosive rounds...
Fenris
Blitz, there's a copy of your basic skills in this thread a little earlier. Assuming you're using the manhunter, can you go ahead and make your rolls and post actions using that so we can move the game forward? I'd prefer not to wait more then a day between posts.
Blitz
Im fine with that...just wanted to make sure it was ok with you. I know there were some updates to the skills and stuff, but for now we'll go with what I have and I rebuild her when I get home.

[ Spoiler ]

Spending an Edge Early to Re-roll 6's. I believe this option also gives you your edge dice to add to the rolls...let me know if that is correct (posted them seperately in case they dont count) (uh..yeah...doesn't matter wink.gif)

8 successes - 1st shot, target will be the hostile nearest Charlotte and Deray not including the one Yi hit.

I assume we still get two simple actions and each one allows for a single shot or 3 round burst. Not sure if Manhunters do BF so doing SS only now. If they do BF, I'll do that next round.

[ Spoiler ]

3 successes on the second shot, same target.
Fenris
Blitz - Manhunters are SA, so no BF. Bad guy dropped wink.gif

Fenris
Bad guys are up. Dakota has partial cover, giving the bad guys a -2 dice pool modifier.

2 sets of suppressive fire covering the bar are going down. At this point, my positioning puts Jeffery and Charlotte and Deray basically in one arc, with the rest of you being covered in another arc. 2 sets of suppressive fire are going down in the arc that does not contain Deray, Charlotte, and Jeffery.

Dakota, since you're behind cover, you're safe for this round. If you try to move from behind cover (to avoid modifers or the like) then you'll risk taking some shots.

Yi and Mikey, you'll need to make a Reaction + Edge test to avoid taking rounds.

People are dropping prone all over the bar, so no cover from them.

Jeffery's up.
BishopMcQ
I thought I was sitting at the table with Jeff...

06 05 05 03 02 01 --3 successes
Whizbang
Stunbolt at one of the goons closing on Charlotte and Deray.

[ Spoiler ]
Fenris
McQuillan Ah, my bad. Must have mis-remembered the placement. No roll necessary then, of course.

Whizbang - 0 successes on the resist roll, so what's the damage coming in?

Mickey's up.
Buddha72
Reaction + Edge
01 02 02 03 04 04 04 06 06 06 (3 hits)
Whizbang
Thinking it's 9S.
BishopMcQ
umm...Whizbang, what did you set the force at?
Whizbang
At 5.
BishopMcQ
So yep, it's 9 Stun.

What's the called shot penalty for shooting a gun?
Fenris
McQuillan, are you attempting to:

Ignore Armor (-ballistic armor rating to dice pool to shoot, but ignore armor for damage resistance rolls)

Increase damage (+1 to +4 damage value, but equivilant dice pool penalty)

Knock something out of someone's grasp (-4 dice pool modifier, if modified DV exceeds targets strength, drops item)

Some other miscellaneous effect?
BishopMcQ
Knock something out of someone's grasp was the plan...but I don't think Mickey is quite the crack shot that he would need to be for that angle.

Casting Stunbolt Force 3 at one of the goons laying down suppressive fire.
06 05 04 04 02 02 --2 Successes

DV is 3+1/net success

Drain
06 06 05 05 05 03 01--All drain resisted...though I really wish the casting and drain rolls were reversed...
BishopMcQ
For flavor text purposes, Mickey's spellcasting comes through visualization of an effect and the implementation of that thought.
HeySparky
It's more a tradition than a superstition, the whole left-hand thing.

Harkening (please be harkening) back to before toilet paper. PLEASE be harkening. smile.gif
Fenris
Sparky - Hearkening wink.gif

McQuillan - No successes on the resist roll, damage is 5S.

Charlotte, you're up. 1 thug with a submachine gun rushing towards you, shouting something in Indonesian, and motioning towards you and Deray with the gun ;D

In general, to help me track the whole who's hitting what bad guy, since we don't have a map, please let me know if you're specifically targeting a guy someone else has already hit.
HeySparky
No 'e' harkening is an acceptable spelling. I looked it up, because it didn't look quite right. SO THERE MR. SMARTY. nyahnyah.gif Er... I mean, of course, it's hearkening, Mr. GM, sir.

Oh... hmm... time for some major troll mojo! I assense him to death!

EDIT: And my 'pleases' are because I don't relish the idea of not using toilet paper.
Fenris
I'll need some actual rolls on that assensing wink.gif
HeySparky
Which?
Fenris
Ah, nevermind, I read the IC post just before your post and the OOC post afterwards.

So, for the table I'll need an unarmed combat roll with a -1 dice pool penalty for the whole improvised weapon thing.
Blitz
I love it...describe her as a wussy troll then go barreling through the cafe like a jousting knight wink.gif
HeySparky
Unarmed Combat 1, AGI 3, 4 dp -1; 3 dp
4, 1, 3 Glitch!

...oh boy.
BishopMcQ
Don't forget your +2 Dice for charging and the +1 Reach for being a troll. If the table counts as a "metahuman body" style improvised weapon, or even just a chair, you will get an additional point of reach.

Those extra dice might make the difference between a glitch and not a glitch. Though the DV of a table is anyone's guess...
HeySparky
Is that so? WELL...

Unarmed Combat 1, AGI 3, Reach +1, Charging +2, Improvised Weapon -1; 6 dp
4 1 3 [5] 4 4
Hits: 1

(first 3 numbers are the original roll, unless you want me to reroll entirely)

And actually, re-reading the Glitch rules, I'd have had to roll two 1s to Glitch. That's a relief.
Fenris
Yi then Dakota, you guys are up if you have second passes.

Charlotte, you can dodge if you'd like, one of the men at the doorway is firing at you (1 success).

Dakota, Yi can make me 2 more Reaction + Edge rolls as more suppressive fire comes down.

Jeff and Mikey, you can make 1 Reac + Edge test each one guy lays down fire towards you.

Buddha72
Yi's rolls

Roll #1
01 02 02 02 02 03 05 05 06 06 (4 hits)

Roll #2
01 02 03 03 04 04 05 05 06 06 (4 hits)

Ok going to throw another shuriken (Simple Action) at a thug laying down suppressive fire, one that is covering the exit route. Then readying (Simple Action) two more shurikens for my last pass.

Throwing Weapons + Agility (Sp: Shuriken)
01 01 02 03 04 05 05 05 05 06 (5 hits)

Gamma-Scopolamine
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Paralysis
BishopMcQ
Edge + Reaction
05 05 04 04 04 02 --2 Successes
Fenris
Sorry guys, I meant to mention. For those of you thinking about Edge, the suppressing fire only has 1 success.

Yi
4 net successes on the shuriken. Damage?

Dakota, you're up!
Buddha72
OOOPS! I did it again. I am really just throwing them to poison them so it slips my mind, sorry.

Base is 2P so after successes it would be 5P.
Fenris
3P is the damage actually dealt.
Blitz
Can you tell me how many goons are still undamaged and how many of those are a direct threat to one of my teammates?
Fenris
2 goons down, 2 tagged with poison, 6 more goons firing.
Whizbang
And of those, how many are currently threatening Charlotte and Deray?
Fenris
1. The rest are basically suppressing the rest of the room.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012