Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Search for the Spirit Mask of Timbuktu
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Blitz
My intention was to be the last in the van...if there was anyone else not yet in the van, Dakota will cover them first before mounting up.
Cirio
Are we all in the van, then? If so, Cirio punches it.
Buddha72
Hey Cirio can you modify your post? You used her posting name and not her character's name. biggrin.gif It keeps throwing me off when I read back over the thread. Thanks!

Are we waiting for something right now? Or can we push this along?
Cirio
Buddha- sure! But...I'm not sure the post you are referring to. Let me know the change you want made, and I'll do it. I can't distinguish between posting name and character name at the moment, except for a few people. frown.gif
Buddha72
Cirio calmly scans the net for real-time traffic feeds, his foot on the accelerator, waiting for Whizbang to enter the van.

Whizbang should be Jeff.

Fenris
Bumping everyone into the van, unless someone had three passes and I missed them?

Can I get a new initiative roll please wink.gif
Buddha72
Yi's initiative is 15.
BishopMcQ
Mickey--9
BishopMcQ
New version of Mickey (Pre-Karma)
[ Spoiler ]
Blitz
OMG...

1: 2
2: 3
3: 4
4: 3
5: 2
6: 4
7: 2
8: 1

Check me out...*hangs head in shame*

Int. 8

Fenris
Still waiting on initiative rolls from Whizbang, Cirio, and Sparky.

If I don't get anything in the next 24 hours, I'll go ahead and roll for them and bump the thread along wink.gif
Cirio
Matrix Initiative = 9
Roll = 2,3,3,3,1,6,6,5,2
Initiative = 12, 3 Passes
Fenris
Yi - 15
Cirio - 12
Jeffery - 11
Charlotte - 10
Mickey - 9
Dakota - 8
Bad guys - 7
Jeffery - 4

Yi, you're up first. You're all currently in the van.

Just to clarify, I assume unless otherwise stated that doors and windows are closed. Since the vehicle is basically an SUV, I assume there are 4 doors and a back hatch or door.

To clarify for my general world background, unless otherwise noted I also assume all windows are mirror-tinted from the outside.

Cirio, where are you headed?
Buddha72
Delaying for now, not much to do in the SUV. wink.gif
Fenris
Cirio, and then Jeffery.

We'll be entering "Chase Combat" at this point.

The differences are: Chase Combat turns are 1 minute (20 combat rounds) long. The turn is still broken into initiative passes.

At the beginning of each turn, there will be an opposed Vehicle test. The winner will choose the engagement range (Short, Medium, or Long) he will have against all vehicles that have fewer hits.

Drivers must spend a complex action each turn to control their vehicle (unless, of course, it's being driven by a piloting program or something similar.) This complex action can be used to perform a stunt in addition to controlling the vehicle, stunts are listedo n pag 161 of the SR4 mainbook.

Passenger actions take place as normal, in the Initiative order.
Blitz
If magical healing still has to come after mundane healing...hold off casting anything wink.gif
Fenris
Magical healing does have to come after First Aid.
Buddha72
HEY CIRIO!!

*points*

Post already. biggrin.gif
Cirio
Who, me?!

Vehicle Test:

Reaction 3 + Groundcraft 2 + Handling 0? =

2 Hits (-1 Threshold due to VR)

If I win the test, the Engagement Range will be Long, in preparation to Break Off.

Edit: To correct the number of Hits.
Fenris
You are successful, and the engagement range will be Long for this round.

What actions are you, as the driver, taking this round?

I'd also like to know what the passengers are doing this round? Please take into account the fact that the Vehicle combat rounds are 20 normal combat rounds long.
Whizbang
Checking IC to see if anyone else wants to try first aid before I pull out the Heal spell.
Cirio
Fenris, please note that I miscalculated the number of Hits (I have only 2, -1 Threshold)!

If we still have won, I will be setting the Engagement Range to Long and will be attempting to Break Off as my action.
HeySparky
Update coming here soon (read: tomorrow). I'll be grovelling to all of you in IM. Promise.
BishopMcQ
Good to see you back Sparky!
Fenris
Cirio -

Currently, you're still winning. He had two hits as well, but you have the -1 threshold, which I'm assuming to mean reduces the threshold he set with his roll.
Buddha72
Welcome back!

I will be doing a lot of nothing at this point since I focus on other things than driving away from the bad guys (expertly I might add, well done Cirio).
Fenris
Can I get some clarification on Code Blue please? Don't actually see it previously posted, so I just want to make sure we're operating on the same assumptions, etc.
HeySparky
Code blue was the 'we're getting shot at and need to get the hell outta dodge plan,' I was alluding to it really just to sorta hint that we planned for contingencies in our skull sessions before coming to the meet.

It would have involved the team extracting themselves, and sending a pre-packaged set of messages to a driver (cirio) and a pilot (or pilot-handler) as soon as the lead started flying.

Pre-packaged messages are something like...

Charlotte@Driver: Come to [x,y] ASAP. Gunplay.
Charlotte@Pilot: Prepare to leave immediately. Ready the [plane/boat/helicopter/hyrdofoil] and await further instructions.
Fenris
Ah, sure, no problem. You've got a Code Blue.

There's a pilot waiting with an Atlantean Foundation Jet at a private hanger at the airport wink.gif
HeySparky
Edited last IC post.
Fenris
Just as a quick check, if I don't hear from anyone within the next day, I'll assume nobody else is doing anything over this vehicle combat round and move forward.
Blitz
I was hoping someone would do a biotech on Charlotte..I have the kit, but no skill. If no one has it, that's kinda a big deal. If Fenris is ok with it, I can drop something and take that skill up so we can have some mundane healing in the group.
Buddha72
Not me said the flea. frown.gif

I think that's a great idea to pick it up though. biggrin.gif
Whizbang
No biotech here....I pretty much count on the Heal spell.
BishopMcQ
I can take the kit at Logic-1 + Rating and do it. Otherwise, Blitz, you could also spend karma rather than re-working something.
Blitz
Lets do the karma thing then...I'm assuming our karma count starts the first week of IC not OOC since there's a big difference. By my count we are up to 14 karma earned. I dont have my book handy (dad put it away somewhere and forgot where). Whats the formula for buying skills?
Buddha72
Sounds right. Good plan.

Just bumping to keep us current. I will kick Fenris in the nether regions to post an update. I know Cirio is out of town this week but we should be able to do something I think. wink.gif
HeySparky
I'll pick up a rank or two, it'd be a good skill for someone who can see just what the source of someone's pain/irritation/discomfort is. biggrin.gif Coaching someone in fixing up herself won't be fun, but hey, she's tough. Ish.
Blitz
Sparky...it makes sense that Dakota would have it...just overlooked it earlier. I'll buy it and roll if someone can tell me how many ranks I can get with 12 karma biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Blitz---this is why you should use some of your GM comp to buy the PDFs. Well, this and the fact that you get them right away...

1st pt--4 karma, each additional pt (New Rankx2) karma.

So buying First Aid 2 is 8 karma, 3rd pt will be 6 more...so you will have to wait 2 weeks.
Fenris
Just as quick question, is anyone going to do anything? Otherwise I'll just fast forward through the wrap up in the scene and move on with the actual run.
BishopMcQ
I'll try the Influence route...presuming I can get LOS on the driver.

Magic+Spellcasting (7) aiming for Force 4 Influence
06 06 05 03 02 02 02

"Suggestion to buckle up, slow down and avoid hitting the trees."
BishopMcQ
Note: If that doesn't work, I vote to fast forward...Mickey sure isn't sticking his head and arm out the window to shoot at the goons with automatic weapons. smile.gif

Edit: Fenris reminded me that all windows are tinted, standard. So if everything is ok, I will ready my action to use my above rolls on an Ignite spell targeting the other truck--condition based on whether or not the bad guys succeed at harming the SUV's functionality or wounding a team-member.
Blitz
My only action will be to try and heal Charlotte...the medkit on my sheet however doesn't show a rating. Fenris...can you let me know what rating I can assume for it?

Roll without Rating:
Logic: 2
First Aid: 2

1: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13. ... Success
2: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success
3: 3
4: 1
Fenris
I assume 6 since it's cheap and easily available.
Blitz
<3 you!

Rating 6:
1: 4
2: 5 ... Success
3: 5 ... Success
4: 6 + 1 = 7. ... Success
5: 4
6: 1
Buddha72
Not much I can do here without popping out and letting someone fill me with lead. I also think that shurikens aren't going to much good against trucks. biggrin.gif
HeySparky
Don't underestimate yourself, I believe tires are alergic to sharp pointy things...

biggrin.gif
Whizbang
As the GM said I could use rolls I made earlier, copying my rolls and moving it to the current page.

[ Spoiler ]
Fenris
Sounds good.

Per a lack of response from the group, I'm just going to go ahead and bump you guys forward to leaving. Pop in quick posts if there's something you want to do before you hit mainland India. My assumption as a GM is that you'd get paid and have about two weeks of downtime while the information on the chip was analyzed. Feel free to post stuff that you're going to do during this downtime as well.

Pay will be 100,000k each. Availabilities will be in effect, so please note the availability interval and remember that you only have 14 days. Don't forget your 1 point of karma for each week since the game has started as well.

Please send your updated character sheets to me by next Tuesday. That's when I'll be bumping the thread forward as well wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012