Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Search for the Spirit Mask of Timbuktu
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
HeySparky
I'm out of town for the week starting, well, earlier today. I'll have intermittent access and will try to keep up. Charlotte will attempt defensive maneuvers and to cover the team as all parties to the negotiation make good our escape. She will not protect Deray's team over our own, but will take pains to see Deray out.

Dodge: 4 dp
[6] [5] [5] 4
Hits: 3
Fenris
Just checking, I think I'm still waiting on Dakota's actions.
Blitz
My bad..my dad's on a "lets clean the house" kick since Im not working anymore. *sneezes* I hate dust.

On the plus side, I found my character sheet biggrin.gif

I don't have a second pass...still waiting for enough cash to pay for my synaptic booster wink.gif

Fenris
Excellent! Let there not be said that there are no tangible rewards for cleanliness =D

Alright, so, Jeff, Mickey, and Charlotte, second actions?
Whizbang
No second pass here either.
BishopMcQ
only 1 IP.
Fenris
As far as I can tell, Charlotte doesn't have a second path either, so it's back to Yin.

On another note, that player I PM'ed you all about bringing in? Well, his handle is Cirio, and he's got his character background worked out and is finishing up the actual mechanics of his character.

I told him I'm give him a little introduction (see above) and then have him post his background so you all could go over it and see how you wanted to tie him in with the other characters. I told him to read the thread and your backgrounds and toss out some ideas to get the ball rolling wink.gif

So, without further ado, here comes Cirio!
Buddha72
Ok picking new targets to poison, will throw at one and then another. I am not dropping prone so I will be doing some more dodging.

Reaction + Edge
02 03 03 04 04 05 05 05 05 06 (5 hits)

Throwing Weapons + Agility (Sp: Shuriken)
01 03 03 04 05 05 05 06 06 06 (6 hits)

Throwing Weapons + Agility (Sp: Shuriken) minus 2 for additional target
01 01 02 03 03 05 06 06 (3 hits)

Edge Reroll
03 03 05 05 06 (3 hits/6 hits total)

Gamma-Scopolamine
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Paralysis
Fenris
4 hits on the first, 4 hits on the second.

All four targets are paralyzed.

All right, everyone re-roll intitiative please.
BishopMcQ
Initiative 11
Buddha72
Yi 15
Whizbang
Oops...missed the call for rolls a bit back

Rea + Edge: 4, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1.... not good
Fenris
Damage is 6P, increased to 7P from his net successes. The gun has AP -1. Please give me a damage resistance test (Armor after AP + Body) to see how much damage you take.

Also, new initiative please wink.gif
Whizbang
Armor + Body: 6, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1
Edge: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 Yatzee!!!!!

Initative: 5, 5, 4, 3, 1, 1, 1
BishopMcQ
Whizbang--Initiative is base number + number of hits. So you have an initiative of 9.
Blitz
Hey everyone...please forgive me. Having serious internet connection issues and haven't been able to get online for several days now. It's being super sporatic right now but a tech is supposed to be coming out on monday. I have a crap ton of reading to catch up with to be able to post so bear with me. I'll try to make a bump in each game Im involved with, but don't expect my regular posting to get going until this mess is fixed.
Blitz
Init: 8

1: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
2: 3
3: 6 + 2 = 8. ... Success
4: 6 + 1 = 7. ... Success
5: 5 ... Success
6: 4
7: 2
8: 1

=12
Fenris
Just need initiative from Sparky.
HeySparky
Init 7
[6] [5] 3 2 1 1 1
Hits: 2

Initiative Score: 9
Fenris
w00t.

Alright, moving along:

Initative

Yi - 15
Dakota - 12
Mikey - 11
Charlotte - 9
Bad guy group 2 - 9
Jeff - 9
Bad guy group 1 - 8

First up is Yi.
Blitz
Hey guys..Im leaving for GenCon in a few hours and wont be back until next Monday. I dont expect to have internet access the entire time Im gone so please feel free to NPC me while Im gone.

Fenris, my intention is to provide cover for the group as we make an escape through the hole created by Deray and her goons. Targetting first unharmed people, then moving to clean up anyone still firing. Top priority is always the opposition posing the most danger. She'll also call for a retreat of first Charlotte, then the magical talent, followed by Yi with myself pulling up the rear.
Fenris
Thanks Blitz, for leaving us instructions so we can push the thread forward. Most likely, since McQuillan is going to GenCon as well, the thread will just hold up a couple of days and pick up next Monday.

For those people taking actions, until the goons act, the suppresive fire is still going. If you don't take cover or go prone, you'll have to roll Reaction + Edge vs. 1 success to avoid getting shot.
BishopMcQ
Hey all--I'm dropping off for the rest of the week. Look for bumps on Monday when I am back from GenCon.

My plan of action is to blast the same goon as before with a stun bolt F3 (rake on the ground, steps forward and it slams into his face)

If I can, I'll take cover behind the table that Jeff kicked up and start moving towards the exit low to the ground.
Fenris
Just to clarify, that's three tests of Reaction + Edge vs. 1 success.
Buddha72
Reaction + Edge (Test 1)
01 02 02 03 03 03 04 04 05 06 (2 hits)

Test 2
01 01 02 02 03 04 05 06 06 (3 hits)

Test 3
01 01 01 03 03 04 05 05 05 06 (4 hits)

Ok readying 2 shurikens (Simple Action) and throwing one at a thug shooting at the people make their way for the exit.

Throwing Weapons + Agility (Sp: Shuriken)
02 03 03 04 04 04 05 05 06 06 (4 hits)

Gamma-Scopolamine
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Paralysis
Fenris
1 success on the dodge, so you're at 3 net successes, staging the damage up to 6P. Thanks to a phenomanal roll by the GM, he takes no damage, and consequently, no damage from the toxin.

Dakota, you're up!
Fenris
Alright guys, as a quick update, I've hashed things out with the new player.

Basically, since he's playing your driver, he'll be waiting outside. For the moment we'll assume you guys worked out the whole alternate exit thing if things went bad (which they have), so he'll be waiting out back at the end of the alleyway. Consequently, Deray has provided a convenient exit to that alleyway.

Cirio, toss us an intiative roll and introduce yourself.
Blitz
Alrighty...going to take another shot at some more goons. I assume that I have at least 2 to attack who have not yet been injured. I will hit the first and depending on that damage, I will either change targets and fire at another or will hit the same one again if he is only lightly wounded.

1st Attack
Firearms, 4 +1 (Enh. Art) +1 (Reflex Recorder) = 6
1: 4
2: 2
3: 4
4: 6 + 2 = 8. ... Success

Agility = 6
1: 5 ... Success
2: 1
3: 5 ... Success
5: 3
6: 3

As I am fairly confident that was a solid hit, unless I see the target do some crazy dodge, Im switching targets. Not sure how that affects my dice pool. I assume just take off the last rolls if I need to shave off dice for changing targets.'

2nd Attack
Firearms = 4 (6)
1: 4
2: 2
3: 4

Agility = 6
2: 1
5: 3
6: 3

Weapon - Colt Manhunter, SA, Damage Code 5P Ex Rounds (+2 Dam Code, -2 AP)
Total Damage Code: 7P -3 AP
HeySparky
I really hope Cirio has a rickshaw... I was really looking forward to the rickshaw chase!
BishopMcQ
Welcome aboard Cirio!

Sparky--While I can appreciate the aesthetic, I'd personally prefer something slightly more armored...though if our driver is a Way of the Athlete troll pulling an armored Rickshaw, I will hearitly approve.
Whizbang
Yeah....our merry band plus Deray's bunch might be a bit much for even the mightiest troll to lug along.
HeySparky
Several rickshaws! biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Jump on in Cirio! Glad to have you along for the ride!

Speaking of rides, what do we have in the way of wheels?
Cirio
Thanks for the welcome. wink.gif

Fenris will have to comment on the exact make of sedan, but I am driving a loaner from one of Charlotte'scontacts. I'm making the assumption (for Initiative purposes) that the loaner can be rigged.

Matrix Initiative = 9
Roll = 6,1,1,1,2,4,6,1,5
Final Initiative = 12, Three Passes

...if I'm manual, my Initiative is:

Meat Initiative = 7
Roll = 3,5,1,2,3,2,2
Final Intiative = 8, One Pass

Edit: For bolding.
Fenris
Basically, the vehicle is a roadmaster in SUV form. The car selection is a little limited atm ;(

Cirio, you're up! My assumption is that you're running the vehicle in VR for the moment.
Blitz
Did I hit or miss or whatever? wink.gif
Cirio
I am going to quickly scan for wireless networks. Specifically, I'd like to find the PANs of our foes, if possible.

Scan + Electronic Warfare = 6
5,3,3,3,5,5 = 3 Hits
Blitz
Fenris...was my shot before or after the response from the last guy Yi tried to hit? If before, Id like to concentrate my first shot on him. Not really sure with the new addition where we are in the whole initiative process.
Fenris
Blitz My apologies, in my head I worked out physical damage on both targets with wound modifiers. I did, however, completely forget to post the actual results of those shots in IC. My apologies. Both targets are wounded, neither target is down.

Cirio Please give me an Electronic Warfare + Scan (Threshold 4) to locate one particular network in the clutter.

Mikey, you're up!
Cirio
Fenris, I only had 3 Hits (above), so unfortunately I fail to find it. frown.gif
Fenris
Cirio

Sorry, it's an extended test, which means you keep rolling till you hit the threshold. I got your rolls for the extra two dice from running hot, so I know you made it.

You pick up a LAN that connects basically 18 commlinks, 10 of them inside the bar, the remainder outside.
BishopMcQ
Mickey like the rat...

I take the full defense action and run for the van.
Fenris
Well, look, date-rape drug, mouse, whatever the heck your name is =D, I still need those three rolls to avoid getting plugged by the suppressive fire.

I believe you can add dodge since you're taking the full defense action.
BishopMcQ
Roll 1
05 05 04 04 02 02 01 01

Roll 2
05 05 05 04 02 01 01 01

Roll 3
06 06 05 05 04 03 02 01
Fenris
McQuillan - Neatly dodged wink.gif

Charlotte, your action.

[Edit]Hah, you basically already posted your actions, didn't you?

So, I need Charlotte, Mickey, and Dakota to make Dodge rolls.

Charlotte - Two attacks, both with one success. You have a -5 penalty to your dice pool.

Mickey - Two attacks, both with one success. You have a -5 penalty to your dice pool.

Dakota - Two attacks, first with 1 success, second attack misses. You also have a -5 penalty to your dice pool.

Jeff, you're up!

All penalties to dodge dice pools are from long, wide bursts. [/edit]

HeySparky
With a dice pool of 4, I'm modified into failure (and Edge of 1...), so... any hope that the table she's carrying around provides some cover?
Whizbang
Stunbolt, Force 5
Magic - 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2
Drain - 6, 5, 5, 5, 3, 1, 1
Blitz
Ok..Im going to spend an edge for a Long Shot as the modifier reduced my pool to 0.

Edge: 3

2: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success

((cannot BELIEVE her luck. even took a screen shot just to mark the occasion!))

Fenris
Sparky - You can still spend a point of Edge to roll your Edge dice.

Whizbang - One success on the resistance, so looks like 7S coming in?

Yi - Two long narrow bursts headed your way, first with 3 successes, second with none.

And, you're up again wink.gif Followed by Cirio, who I believe is the only other member with a 2nd pass.

HeySparky
Yeah, I can. But I only have 1 point. Unless it refreshes very soon, I think I want to save it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012