Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Search for the Spirit Mask of Timbuktu
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Whizbang
guess I might as well post init for next round, as it seems we're not quite out of this yet

6, 5, 5, 3, 1, 1, 1... so 10?
Fenris
Just to reference, I'll be refreshing on scene changes.

Sparky - Damage coming in is 6P +1 for net successes, with an AP of -1.
BishopMcQ
Dodge 1:
06 05 01

Dodge 2:
06 03 02
Buddha72
Ok going to do a gymnastics dodge

Reacton + Gymnastics (10)
01 01 01 02 02 04 05 06 06 06 (4 hits)

I'm going to start running and making my way towards the door. Throwing at the nearest uninjured bad guy to me with a shuriken (Simple Action) then readying some more shuriken (Simple Action).

Throwing Weapons Sp: Shuriken + Agility -2 for running
01 01 02 03 03 05 05 06 (3 hits)

Gamma-Scopolamine
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Paralysis

Base damage is 2P.
Fenris
Yi

Base damage 2P + 3 net hits is 5P vs. 3 successes on the damage resist roll for a net of 2P damage and poison delivery.

I believe Cirio is up now, being the only other person with a second pass wink.gif
HeySparky
Damage Resistence against DV7/-1

Armor Clothing 4/0 (-1 for AP)
Body 6
Troll +1 Armor

10 dice against 2 attacks

Roll 1:
[6] [6] [6] [5] 4 4 4 3 2 1 - 4 Hits which translates to 3 boxes. Ow.

Roll 2:
[5] [5] 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 - 2 Hits for 5 boxes. OW. Edge! Edge!

Re-rolling Roll 2's non-hits:
[6] [5] [5] [5] 3 3 2 1 - added to original roll 6 Hits for 1 box. Much better.

Total damage: 4/11 boxes

Cirio
Before I post, I want to verify that it requires a complex action from yours truly to cause a drone to fire. I ask because I am not certain what degree of autonomy they may or may not possess.
Fenris
If you've previously given the drone orders, and a situation has arisen that would trigger those orders, it takes no actions from you for the drone to fire.

If you're not currently directly controlling any drone, you can use a complex action to fire the weapons on a drone. The drone rolls Pilot + Targeting autosoft rating, or sensors + targeting autosoft rating, if you're doing sensor enhanced gunnery.
Fenris
Sparky - Just to clarify, my post didn't say anything about guys jumping off the truck =)
HeySparky
Oh, my bad. I just assumed, 'cause that's what guys on open backed trucks do. I'll fix. Soonish.
Cirio
Fenris, thanks. I have previously given the drones orders, but they do not cover this, ah, *exact* situation. smile.gif

At this point, Cirio has two active drones (Sisi and Carole) hovering above the bar. Sisi has no active orders apart from moving with the Roadmaster at all times, Carole's orders are to 1) move with the Roadmaster at all times, 2) fire if fired upon, 3) fire if any member of our group is fired upon, 4) fire if the Roadmaster is fired upon.

On my pass I will use a complex action to instruct Sisi to fire a smoke grenade into the alley, well beyond the improvised 'exit'. The Pilot rating is 3, but I haven't bought any software yet. In the interests of keeping the game moving, I'll assume that I will purchase at least 1 level of Targetting. My roll is:

...for two hits to fire a smoke grenade into the alley.
Whizbang
Well, off to Dragon*Con. If my turn does happen to come up, pretty much just getting the heck out of dodge. smile.gif
Fenris
Cirio - Excellent.

I believe at this point only Yi and Cirio have third initiative passes. Please post your actions. I'd also like everyone to post their initiative for the next round. If everyone but Whiz posts soon-ish, I'll roll her initiative so we can keep moving.

BishopMcQ
initiative 10
Blitz
1: 3
2: 3
3: 3
4: 5 ... Success
5: 6 + 1 = 7. ... Success
6: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
7: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
8: 3

Initiative: 12
Buddha72
Going to continue to move towards the exit and our waiting ride. Going to throw two more shurikens at gunmen I haven't hit yet (Simple Actions x2)

Throwing Weapons Sp: Shuriken + Agility -2 for running
01 03 03 05 05 05 06 06 (5 hits)

Throwing Weapons Sp: Shuriken + Agility -2 for running/-2 new target
02 02 03 05 05 06 (3 hits)

Gamma-Scopolamine
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Paralysis

Base damage is 2P.

Initiative
01 01 01 01 02 03 03 04 05 05 (2 hits)

Edge Reroll
03 03 04 04 05 05 05 05 (4 hits/6 hits total)

Initiative 16
Fenris
First target takes 3 boxes, second takes no damage.

Cirio, you're up! wink.gif
Cirio
Thanks, Fenris. Cirio will move the Roadmaster about 10' forward (or, whatever the length of the vehicle is) such that no part of the vehicle is hittable by random fire down the alleyway.

I believe that's a complex action, and so concludes this Initiative.

For next round:

Matrix Initiative = 9
Roll = 2,4,5,5,3,6,4,2,2
Initiative = 12, 3 Passes
HeySparky
New init for Charlotte (7):
[6] [6] 4 3 3 2 2
Hits: 2

Initiative Score: 9
Fenris
Initiative for the next round

Yi 16/3
Cirio 12/3
Dakota 12/1
Mickey 10/1
Jeff 10/1
Charlotte 9/1
Bad guys group 2 8/1
Bad guys group 1 7/1

Rearranging things slightly, group 1 now consists of all the guys still in the bar, group 2 is the guys in the truck.

Cirio, you're up again!
Buddha72
Ok I am going to keep running, going to grab the antidote patch (Simple) and then slap it on Charlotte (Simple). That's it for me.
Blitz
My intention is to drop a smoke grenade on the otherside of my table turned shield then bolt for the door. Question though, can smoke grenades be insta-activated? Im thinking of the cylander canisters that you pull the top and they start sewing smoke immediately, being throw while smoking. Thats what I envision she has with the smoke grenades she has, just not sure if thats accurate.
Cirio
I am assuming that Cirio will act before Blitz does? I ask because Yi has requested a smoke grenade in the club and I am not certain if I would detect/see that Blitz is readying to use one.

Fenris, what do you think?
Fenris
Cirio:

I would assume so, because your base initiative score is higher. But you guys are linked LAN-wise, so I don't see why you could't communicate back and forth. If she's going to drop it, she can just tell you and you can do something else.

Blitz
Fenris..can you confirm whether or not my assumption about the smoke is accurate?
Buddha72
Sorry Fenris hasn't answered this yet but it was the 1st week of classes last week and he's adjusting to the heavy class load this semester. So in the hopes of helping out and moving this along I will answer for him. biggrin.gif

Note: I do not suggest this course of action lightly but feel confident that I can weather any fall out from this fairly well. wink.gif

I read and I cannot find a way to have it go off in the same action unless it is fired with an air timed launcher thingie (from a gun). Sorry a hand held grenade goes off in the next Initiative Pass using the score of the person who threw it. But I will allow you to roll Demolitions + Logic to jury-rig it to go off when you throw it and since it's only smoke you should be fine with that. grinbig.gif

This concludes the hi-jacking of this thread. We thank for your patience and return you to your regularly scheduled game.
Buddha72
Ok all!! Let's get this back in motion. Cirio you're up so post away! wink.gif

*cracks whip*

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Cirio
Whip is duly cracked.

Cirio will pull down a local satellite map of the area, cross-reference it with any traffic alerts and, using GPS, pinpoint the signals of their enemies on it.

He'll send out the map on the PAN, as well.
Fenris
Go ahead and just give me a Computer(1) roll to modify and disperse the data rapidly.

Dakota, you're up!
Cirio
Computer + Logic = 3,5,4,3,2,6,5,6
4 Hits
Blitz
I have no demo skill and defaulting to logic would leave me with one die so Im not risking a botch on an non essensial bit.

Im dropping the smoke grenade at my feet, then ducking and moving towards the exit making evasive maneuvers. Everyone has cleared the room at this point, correct?

Do I need to roll for any of that?
Blitz
Ok..Buddha talked me into giving it a try since we can use edge on it..

Logic:2
-1 for defaulting
+2 Edge (prespending)

1: 2
2: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success
3: 1

1 success
Buddha72
Was doing a litte reading this weekend and wanted to check in with the Awakened members of the team. With the new Street Magic book out we can now form magical groups and help bring down the cost of initiations and bond the team members closer together. We would need to build the structure of the group, something I am more than willing to tackle and post for your approval. It would cost everyone 5 karma to form but we could get a 40% discount on intiation so I think it's worth it in the long run.

So what do you think?
BishopMcQ
I don't know...it's not like we as a group have decided to like each other and have a shared history wink.gif

Count me in. What traditions do we have in our group?
Buddha72
I'm a physical adept here.
Whizbang
Shaman here.
Fenris
Alright, Mickey, and then Jeff is up!
BishopMcQ
Extending counterspelling to cover the entire team, including our new arrival Cirio.

Full defense action, run for the van.
BishopMcQ
I'm hermetic, so I think we have covered just about every possible base.

Run the numbers Buddha and see what we are up against.

Fenris--how would you feel about me making a modification to my character? Some of my skill selections were based on us not having a Hacker/TM...since we have now added one, can I shuffle a few points around?
Fenris
Rightio! Jeff?
Fenris
No problem McQuillan, I assume since extra karma and cash are going to be spent right after this that character designs are a little flexible atm wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Thanks Fen--I'll get a modified sheet over to you this week.
Whizbang
Force 5 Heal on Charlotte

Sorcery: 6, 6, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1
Edge: 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 2
Drain: 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1 (I like these dice I picked up at the Con) smile.gif

Edit: Gah....forgot that I was still behind in getting to the van...hopefully I can save those rolls for when I do finally get in.
Fenris
No problem saving the rolls.

For clarification because we don't have a map, I'll assume everyone is getting to the van at the end of this current phase.

Yi and Cirio, you guys are the only other two with second passes, so get your actions up please wink.gif

Buddha72
Yi is going to hop in the van with everyone else at this point. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Name: No idea I leave that to you all, consider it your part biggrin.gif

Strictures: Belief (something to do with uncovering lost magic/knowledge), Exclusive Membership, Fraternity, Service, and Oath.

Ok here's the info for founding of the magical group.

Step 1: We all need to pay 5 karma to form the group.

Step 2: We have to make an Arcana + Logic (3) Test using teamwork (SR4 pg. 59) with the following modifiers: -4 dice for two addition traditions, +2 for 1 month of dedicated work (checked with Fenris and he gave the thumbs up), +5 dice for Strictures adopted.

That's it. It would be geeat if someone actually had the Arcana skill so the test would be pretty easy, even if you only had a 1 in it. But I think with Edge we should be able to make the link happen for the founding.

Any questions?
Whizbang
Hmm...so we're doing the karma point per week thing here as well? Could see investing in a point or two of Arcana.
BishopMcQ
I'm thinking of adding it when I juggle points around...
Cirio
It appears that Whizbang hasn't made it to the van yet, so I am going to continue to pull up maps of traffic alerts, known roadwork, &c to better plot a path to the airport.

Once I have it, I am going to throw it on the PAN, so our gunners have a good idea when I'm going to be making those hairpin turns.
BishopMcQ
Cirio--I think Jeff (Whizbang's character) made it to the van, that's why we are saving the rolls for the heal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012